Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,669 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

Is This The Essence Of Love - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is This The Essence Of Love (1015 Views)

What Is Really The Essence Of Sex In A Relationship??? / What Is The Essence Of Dating? / Whats The Essence Of Been A Virgin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This The Essence Of Love by kanmosyl(m): 8:04am On Sep 14, 2007
They were two inseperable human beings always together in each other's crib, ride and arm,
doing things together on campus, they are in the same department, same faculty and same seminar group
hardly will u see one without seeing the other, always the talk of the campus even the talk of lecturers and they
are in the school good books because both of them are sharp, intelligent, smart and present minded. They use to
be two lovebirds who flocks together if there is a problem between a lady and a guy who are dating on campus, u will be directed to them to put you thru because their love affairs is something to write home about. To say thier love affairs
is the best on campus is an understatement but suddenly in just a twinkle of an eye the whole love story went sour and there was a rain of abusive language from both party.
Being their best friend i tried to settle the issue and figure out their differences but both party refused.
Guy, what went wrong between both of you, what was the problem,his responce was that she is crazy, stupid
infact she is mad and im not ready to talk about anything all i know is that we can't come back again.
Girl, what was the problem, what went wrong, her responce too was that, he is an idiot, stupid, crazy as a matter of fact i will be mute on the issue forever and i dont pray we come back again.
I tried to assume all short comings of lovebirds on earth, i couldn't fathom anything and i realised that assumption is no knowledge
Fellow Nairalanders,
What do u think could have gone wrong between these lovebirds,
could it be too much of familairity as someone said cus the relationship was seven year old before the break up or what on earth could it be
when the breakup was still fresh someone suggested we should leave them that they will both come to thier senses but my people the breakup is now five months old we can continue to look at them like that and assume they will come back.What if they didn't come back
Plz gurus on issue like this, kindly sumbit ur post and for God sake, what solutions will be in the best interest to ur post.
If this is the essence of falling in love then why falling in love.
Re: Is This The Essence Of Love by u4me(m): 8:41am On Sep 14, 2007
Kanmosyl,

My first worry about this is the fact that you claimed that they are your close friends and yet not even one out the two wants to talk to you about the issue.

The probable might just be that either of them caught the other cheating. This can be so disheartening considering the level of love and time they had spent together. They might just prefer to keep it out to save the situation but cannot consider coming back again. But why are they all upset and bitter? Also maybe, the accused had tried to explain and yet the other party is doubtful and not understanding. The accused will feel that there is no trust after several years of dating and so not worth it.

How can they reconcile? First try and get them to talk to you. You can also invite them for a dinner without letting them know that the dinner is for both of them.
Re: Is This The Essence Of Love by olanajim(m): 9:49am On Sep 14, 2007
Hmmmm!
Re: Is This The Essence Of Love by olanajim(m): 9:50am On Sep 14, 2007
Hmmmm!
Re: Is This The Essence Of Love by iice(f): 4:27pm On Sep 14, 2007
It can be anything. . .we can only guess and speculate but only those involved really know. . .it can be something small. . .it can be something huge. . .it can mean nothing to us. . .but mean everything to them. . .such is the beauty of man grin
Re: Is This The Essence Of Love by olanajim(m): 4:33pm On Sep 14, 2007
Exactly.
Re: Is This The Essence Of Love by hexgear(m): 5:07pm On Sep 14, 2007
They probably never quarreled a day before in their life and blew this one way out of proportion, but then again, damn, 7 years without quarrelling, I highly doubt that. You'd think after a whole 7 years their relationship would have matured enough to at least bring them to talk about any differences they may have, and the way both parties are vexing it's like none feels they were at fault and none wants to back down or own up.

A pity, however I’m intrigued to learn what really happened.

@iice: Your profile pic is priceless.
Re: Is This The Essence Of Love by olanajim(m): 5:15pm On Sep 14, 2007
Any relationship that has no friction is bound to fail. People who expect that a perfect relation must devoid of friction are hallucinating.

When such "perfect" relationship crash landed, it often shatter beyond repair.
Re: Is This The Essence Of Love by degubi(m): 6:17pm On Sep 14, 2007
there relationship was a fairy tale and such tales are not meant to last, the problem may have being the way they buried their differences when ever they had misunderstandings and the pressure on them to play to the expectation of the public by being the perfect couple. relationships break and mend and theirs will not be any different, it is not easy convincing a couple who has seen themselves as the role model for others, u just have to be in that league to make any sense to them. let them be if they will reconcile or not it will be their decision not anyone else
Re: Is This The Essence Of Love by iice(f): 3:12am On Sep 15, 2007
Olanajim. . .exactly!

@hexgear, thanks cheesy
Re: Is This The Essence Of Love by Oracle(m): 3:47am On Sep 15, 2007
Maybe they invested too much love into the relationship and it has bounced back.
Re: Is This The Essence Of Love by kanmosyl(m): 7:36am On Sep 17, 2007
u4me:

Kanmosyl,

My first worry about this is the fact that you claimed that they are your close friends and yet not even one out the two wants to talk to you about the issue.

The probable might just be that either of them caught the other cheating. This can be so disheartening considering the level of love and time they had spent together. They might just prefer to keep it out to save the situation but cannot consider coming back again. But why are they all upset and bitter? Also maybe, the accused had tried to explain and yet the other party is doubtful and not understanding. The accused will feel that there is no trust after several years of dating and so not worth it.

How can they reconcile? First try and get them to talk to you. You can also invite them for a dinner without letting them know that the dinner is for both of them.

@u4me,
U can't believe that people now see me as a bad person on campus just because they don't want to accept the fact that none of the couple shared anything with me on their break up, just bcus the closeness between us is just too much, we ve been together right from the first day in our secondary school days, i've tried everything possible for them to share with me but they are not ready infact at these stage this is issue is just beyond my reasoning.
On the issue of cheating, like u said one person might be cheating on the other but the fact is just that the person who is been cheated will definitely feel rejected, sick and cheated and im so sure at that level the person will want to share with me, the picture i'm getting is beyond that level.
@hexgear,
whats up and how u dey,
There has always been differences but the way they settle their differences will amaze u bcus it is based on trust and maturity. i shared the same apartment with the guy very close to school and im telling u based on fact that anytime there is something to settle between both of them all i do is to leve the apartment for them so they can have enough room to settle it and it is always with the highest order of maturity.
Re: Is This The Essence Of Love by olanajim(m): 1:26pm On Sep 17, 2007
The first step toward resolving any conflict is to identify the root cause. Without knowing the root cause, the mediators would be chasing shadow.

You can only know the root if you are a witness, or if any or both of them open up to you. You can never force them to talk, but you can make them talk.

Somehow, I happen to have deal with a situation like this before. It was between my blood brother and his angel. None of them want to open up. They just parted way. I was away when it happened so I had no clue and nobody wanted to talk about it! I had to be patience ant maintain my neutral role before I was able to get the fact. It took me long time. 8 months to be precise. And when I found the cause, I proceeded to stage two. I didnt try to resolve the conflict, for a good reason. I however set machinary in motion to prevent them becoming ethernal foes.

The truth is that some conflicts are best left unresolved! That may not apply to all cases. You must first get the fact right before embarking on any action.

Since none of them open up to you, there is little you can do. But there is always a way. Forget people calling you bad names for your inability to settle the dispute. You are not an Almighty God. But you are in danger of being in bad book of the warring lovers if you should take side.

Somebody had made wonderful contribution above. I would love to wait on you before continuing.

(1) (Reply)

Marryin A Picture, In Place Of ur fiancee. All In The Name Of He Is overseas / Chocolate Lovers Invited To Compete For A Sweet Prize To Celebrate Sweetest Day / Am I Realy A Fair Weather Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.