Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,833 members, 7,831,700 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

Israel-Palestine Conflict: Where Do You Stand As A Christian? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Israel-Palestine Conflict: Where Do You Stand As A Christian? (985 Views)

Drama At Atm Stand As Condoms Fall Off Pastor’s Pocket In Viral Video / Jws How Are You Justified? How Do You Stand Righteous With God? / As A Christian, Is Court Wedding In Place Of Church Wedding Acceptable By God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Israel-Palestine Conflict: Where Do You Stand As A Christian? by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:28pm On Nov 05, 2023
cornelboy:

No word of God in the old testament?
Re-read my previous post. The answer to your question is already there if you sincerely want to know.

2 Likes

Re: Israel-Palestine Conflict: Where Do You Stand As A Christian? by cornelboy(f): 9:34pm On Nov 05, 2023
jesusjnr2020:
Re-read my previous post. The answer to your question is already there if you sincerely want to know.
Are only the teachings of Jesus, direct words of God valid, the accounts, stories and others are useless?
Re: Israel-Palestine Conflict: Where Do You Stand As A Christian? by jesusjnr2020(m): 10:00pm On Nov 05, 2023
cornelboy:

Are only the teachings of Jesus, direct words of God valid, the accounts, stories and others are useless?
I already directed you to my previous post to read what Jesus said that I quoted. He distinguished between the word of the flesh and the Word of God in the old testament of the Bible.

If that's not enough for you, you can go further back to what I said about the revelation God gave Moses about Adam and Eve to get the answer.

If you have nothing else to say kindly move on.

2 Likes

Re: Israel-Palestine Conflict: Where Do You Stand As A Christian? by cornelboy(f): 10:16pm On Nov 05, 2023
jesusjnr2020:
I already directed you to my previous post to read what Jesus said that I quoted. He distinguished between the word of the flesh and the Word of God in the old testament of the Bible.

If that's not enough for you, you can go further back to what I said about the revelation God gave Moses about Adam and Eve to get the answer.

If you have nothing else to say kindly move on.
In a nutshell, everything is still from the bible whether they are God's words directly or not. So you still "observe and teach" the bible.
Re: Israel-Palestine Conflict: Where Do You Stand As A Christian? by jesusjnr2020(m): 10:27pm On Nov 05, 2023
cornelboy:

In a nutshell, everything is still from the bible whether they are God's words directly or not. So you still "observe and teach" the bible.
I observe and teach Jesus, and Jesus the Word of God is in the Bible but is not the Bible. The Bible doesn't always reflect Jesus the Word of God so the Bible is not the Word of God or Jesus.

If the Bible is the Word of God for you, it is not for me. Jesus is!
Re: Israel-Palestine Conflict: Where Do You Stand As A Christian? by cornelboy(f): 8:32am On Nov 06, 2023
jesusjnr2020:
I observe and teach Jesus, and Jesus the Word of God is in the Bible but is not the Bible. The Bible doesn't always reflect Jesus the Word of God so the Bible is not the Word of God or Jesus.

If the Bible is the Word of God for you, it is not for me. Jesus is!
Oh this is strange.
The fact is everything still makes up the bible whether they are Jesus teachings or not. For example the book Moses wrote, genesis to Deuteronomy are not God's word?
Re: Israel-Palestine Conflict: Where Do You Stand As A Christian? by jesusjnr2020(m): 1:15pm On Nov 06, 2023
cornelboy:

Oh this is strange.
The fact is everything still makes up the bible whether they are Jesus teachings or not. For example the book Moses wrote, genesis to Deuteronomy are not God's word?
Nothing strange except you are ignorant of the fact that the Gospels of Christ existed before there was ever anything called the Bible. They're among the seperate books compiled into what now became known the Bible. Without the Bible they would still exist as books of their own.

So stop making it seem as though those Words of Jesus emanated from the Bible because that's false and ignorant.

The final instruction Jesus even gave to His disciples was not to teach all men to keep the Bible but His own teachings and the commandments He gave them, because that's the Word and instruction He received from God to establish His kingdom on Earth and to build His church. John 17:8, Matthew 28:20

But of course man-made traditions, ideas, doctrines, have blinded the eyes of many Christians that they don't keep what Jesus commanded us.

1 Like

Re: Israel-Palestine Conflict: Where Do You Stand As A Christian? by cornelboy(f): 3:14pm On Nov 06, 2023
jesusjnr2020:
Nothing strange except you are ignorant of the fact that the Gospels of Christ existed before there was ever anything called the Bible. They're among the seperate books compiled into what now became known the Bible. Without the Bible they would still exist as books of their own.

So stop making it seem as though those Words of Jesus emanated from the Bible because that's false and ignorant.

The final instruction Jesus even gave to His disciples was not to teach all men to keep the Bible but His own teachings and the commandments He gave them, because that's the Word and instruction He received from God to establish His kingdom on Earth and to build His church. John 17:8, Matthew 28:20

But of course man-made traditions, ideas, doctrines, have blinded the eyes of many Christians that they don't keep what Jesus commanded us.
I'd like to know the name of your church. This is interesting.

How did you believe in the existence of Jesus in the first place if you don't believe in other books, especially the old testament books?
Re: Israel-Palestine Conflict: Where Do You Stand As A Christian? by jesusjnr2020(m): 5:38pm On Nov 07, 2023
cornelboy:

I'd like to know the name of your church. This is interesting.

How did you believe in the existence of Jesus in the first place if you don't believe in other books, especially the old testament books?
If you actually think someone needs to read the Bible to know or believe in Jesus or in His existence, then you obviously don't know Jesus.

What Bible or old testament did Peter read to know and believe that Jesus is the Son of God, when those who were the teachers of the law despised and rejected Him despite all their reading of the Laws and the prophets?

It takes the Holy Spirit to know and believe in Jesus hence Jesus saying to Peter that flesh and blood didn't reveal this to you but the Spirit of my Father in heaven.

You need the Holy Spirit to reveal these things to you otherwise you won't be any different from the teachers of the Law in those days who knew all the letters in the laws and the prophets yet didn't know Christ.

1 Like

Re: Israel-Palestine Conflict: Where Do You Stand As A Christian? by cornelboy(f): 8:33pm On Nov 07, 2023
jesusjnr2020:
If you actually think someone needs to read the Bible to know or believe in Jesus or in His existence, then you obviously don't know Jesus.

What Bible or old testament did Peter read to know and believe that Jesus is the Son of God, when those who were the teachers of the law despised and rejected Him despite all their reading of the Laws and the prophets?

It takes the Holy Spirit to know and believe in Jesus hence Jesus saying to Peter that flesh and blood didn't reveal this to you but the Spirit of my Father in heaven.

You need the Holy Spirit to reveal these things to you otherwise you won't be any different from the teachers of the Law in those days who knew all the letters in the laws and the prophets yet didn't know Christ.
Lol without the old testament, I and most Christians wouldn't believe in Jesus today. Without the OT the NT is nothing. In fact the NT is based on the OT.

Acts 17:11
[11]These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

What scriptures were the bereans searching? What messages were they confirming?

The bible is together my friend, you can't separate anything.
Re: Israel-Palestine Conflict: Where Do You Stand As A Christian? by jesusjnr2020(m): 5:37am On Nov 08, 2023
cornelboy:

Lol without the old testament, I and most Christians wouldn't believe in Jesus today. Without the OT the NT is nothing. In fact the NT is based on the OT.

Acts 17:11
[11]These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

What scriptures were the bereans searching? What messages were they confirming?

The bible is together my friend, you can't separate anything.
You should see how you've been dancing from pillar to post and from post back to pillar when your man-made traditions, ideas, beliefs, doctrines etc were exposed for the lies they were.

After your false belief that teaching the Gospels of Jesus means teaching the Bible was trashed since the Gospels of Christ existed before the compilation now called the Bible, you left that and went to how I could know about Christ without the old testament.

After that was also thrashed with the instance of Peter, who knew Christ was the Son of God not by the old testament, but by the Spirit of God according to Jesus, you've now left that and gone to the scripture searching of the bereans. However unknown to you, you further complicated matters for yourself by adding your false idea about the Bible to that, since you thereby actually confirmed my initial point that the Gospel of Christ was before what you call the Bible, because the scriptures they searched was not the Bible as later compiled by men but the laws and the prophets.

It's beyond obvious that your mind has been set to the lies you hold as the Truth, so that nothing can change your mind about that regardless how glaring it is, however next time don't come to me speaking ignorantly about how preaching the teachings of Christ means teaching the Bible because that idea have been proven beyond any reasonable doubt to be false.

Moreover it's become crystal clear you've not been paying attention to what I've been saying all along, but just the imaginary ideas you want to hold fast to, otherwise you'd have seen that i'm about preaching the Bible Christly not blindly as you do, because the Bible doesn't always reflect the teachings of Christ.

Take note of the word "always" so you don't continue to argue blindly about what someone didn't say.

1 Like

Re: Israel-Palestine Conflict: Where Do You Stand As A Christian? by cornelboy(f): 6:03am On Nov 08, 2023
jesusjnr2020:
You should see how you've been dancing from pillar to post and from post back to pillar when your man-made traditions, ideas, beliefs, doctrines etc were exposed for the lies they were.

After your false belief that teaching the Gospels of Jesus means teaching the Bible was trashed since the Gospels of Christ existed before the compilation now called the Bible, you left that and went to how I could know about Christ without the old testament.

After that was also thrashed with the instance of Peter, who knew Christ was the Son of God not by the old testament, but by the Spirit of God according to Jesus, you've now left that and gone to the scripture searching of the bereans. However unknown to you, you further complicated matters for yourself by adding your false idea about the Bible to that, since you thereby actually confirmed my initial point that the Gospel of Christ was before what you call the Bible, because the scriptures they searched was not the Bible as later compiled by men but the laws and the prophets.

It's beyond obvious that your mind has been set to the lies you hold as the Truth, so that nothing can change your mind about that regardless how glaring it is, however next time don't come to me speaking ignorantly about how preaching the teachings of Christ means teaching the Bible because that idea have been proven beyond any reasonable doubt to be false.

Moreover it's become crystal clear you've not been paying attention to what I've been saying all along, but just the imaginary ideas you want to hold fast to, otherwise you'd have seen that i'm about preaching the Bible Christly not blindly as you do, because the Bible doesn't always reflect the teachings of Christ.

Take note of the word "always" so you don't continue to argue blindly about what someone didn't say.
The teachings of the apostles and their letters are not invalid. We can learn basic principles from old testament books too.
You can't segregate Jesus' teaching from the Bible. It's still the Bible.
Re: Israel-Palestine Conflict: Where Do You Stand As A Christian? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:42am On Nov 08, 2023
cornelboy:

The teachings of the apostles and their letters are not invalid. We can learn basic principles from old testament books too. You can't segregate Jesus' teaching from the Bible. It's still the Bible.

When i first saw this thread i laughed because the OP is an advocate of military services to protect countries, i have told them that it's not possible to be a Christian and at the same time being a military officer because the two doesn't correlate in any way but instead of accepting the truth they will say it's Jehovah's Witnesses doctrines. Now their so called Christians are in Israel as well as Palestine and in both countries those claiming Christians are part of their military so how can they render their service without killing their fellow believers?

Now they will see that only Jehovah's Witnesses are saying:

"We are the followers of the Prince of Peace" Matthew 5:14-16smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Israel-Palestine Conflict: Where Do You Stand As A Christian? by jesusjnr2020(m): 6:50am On Nov 08, 2023
cornelboy:

The teachings of the apostles and their letters are not invalid. We can learn basic principles from old testament books too.
You can't segregate Jesus' teaching from the Bible. It's still the Bible.
Lol! You're still imagining things so let me leave you there to keep following the Bible blindly since that's your choice. I have chosen to follow it Christly, so any doctrine, teaching, or ideas in the Bible, that doesn't align with the teachings of Christ would be treated as invalid.

Re: Israel-Palestine Conflict: Where Do You Stand As A Christian? by MightySparrow: 9:54am On Nov 08, 2023
I stand with biblical prophecies.
Re: Israel-Palestine Conflict: Where Do You Stand As A Christian? by MightySparrow: 10:44am On Nov 08, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

When i first saw this thread i laughed because the OP is an advocate of military services to protect countries, i have told them that it's not possible to be a Christian and at the same time being a military officer because the two doesn't correlate in any way but instead of accepting the truth they will say it's Jehovah's Witnesses doctrines. Now their so called Christians are in Israel as well as Palestine and in both countries those claiming Christians are part of their military so how can they render their service without killing their fellow believers?

Now they will see that only Jehovah's Witnesses are saying:

"We are the followers of the Prince of Peace" Matthew 5:14-16smiley

Hahahaha. Ẹ tún de!
Your community truth cannot prevent Bible prophecies from being fulfilled. If your touted Armageddon begins today, your not believing in war cannot prevent people from taking arms. I stand with Israel and the use of arms. Gaza to be levelled.

But I will send a fire on the wall of Gaza, which shall devour the palaces thereof: -Amos 1:7

For Gaza shall be forsaken, and Ashkelon a desolation: they shall drive out Ashdod at the noon day, and Ekron shall be rooted up. -Zephaniah 2:4

For Gaza shall be forsaken, and Ashkelon a desolation: they shall drive out Ashdod at the noon day, and Ekron shall be rooted up. -Zephaniah 2:4

God had declared it, nothing can be done against it. It doesn't matter who God will use. What matters is His words coming true.
If He likes, He can use Nigerian army

Have you ever wondered how Egyptian
christians would feel, even preachers would feel when reading the account of the ordeals of Israelites in Egypt?

A true Christian, not hallgoer does not use sentiments to interpret. God's words.

Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. -2 Peter 1:20
Re: Israel-Palestine Conflict: Where Do You Stand As A Christian? by cornelboy(f): 11:07am On Nov 08, 2023
jesusjnr2020:
Lol! You're still imagining things so let me leave you there to keep following the Bible blindly since that's your choice. I have chosen to follow it Christly, so any doctrine, teaching, or ideas in the Bible, that doesn't align with the teachings of Christ would be treated as invalid.
Okay cool.
What are you beliefs, do you believe in the trinity?
Re: Israel-Palestine Conflict: Where Do You Stand As A Christian? by jesusjnr2020(m): 12:04pm On Nov 08, 2023
cornelboy:

Okay cool.
What are you beliefs, do you believe in the trinity?
Wait a minute! Don't tell me I've been talking to someone who believes Jesus is archangel Michael all this while.

2 Likes

Re: Israel-Palestine Conflict: Where Do You Stand As A Christian? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:34pm On Nov 08, 2023
MightySparrow:

Armageddon begins today, your not believing in war cannot prevent people from taking arms.

Armageddon is the war of God {Revelations 16:14} and it's angels (spirits) that will fight for Jehovah's Witnesses {Matthew 25:31} he will destroy all none-Witnesses who are ruining the planet with their weapons {Revelations 11:18} by issuing orders to the angels to kill all none Witnesses {Luke 19:27} by then let's see how your weapons is going to save you from the Prince of Peace! 2Kings 19:35 smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Israel-Palestine Conflict: Where Do You Stand As A Christian? by MightySparrow: 1:06pm On Nov 08, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Armageddon is the war of God {Revelations 16:14} and it's angels (spirits) that will fight for Jehovah's Witnesses {Matthew 25:31} he will destroy all none-Witnesses who are ruining the planet with their weapons {Revelations 11:18} by issuing orders to the angels to kill all none Witnesses {Luke 19:27} by then let's see how your weapons is going to save you from the Prince of Peace! 2Kings 19:35 smiley

Hahahaha grin grin grin

See delusion.
I am a Catholic, not Roman Catholic as well as a witness not a deluded JW.Org member.

To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven , and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,
Hebrews 12:23

And because I believe in the Son, I don't have any fear of any wrath or Armageddon.

He that believeth on the Son ( not he that are approved by a deluded organization) hath everlasting life: and he ( not JW appointees) that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
John 3:36

I live my life without fear or harassment of any deluded organization that are sure of a doctrine today and unsure tomorrow.

Seeing you in Aso Rock Villa or White House after Armageddon.

Ole. grin grin

Deluded people looking for earthly mansions. grin

2 Likes

Re: Israel-Palestine Conflict: Where Do You Stand As A Christian? by Emusan(m): 1:16pm On Nov 08, 2023
jesusjnr2020:

@color - can you list some doctrines, teachings or ideas in the Bible that don't align with the teachings of Jesus Christ?
Re: Israel-Palestine Conflict: Where Do You Stand As A Christian? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:30pm On Nov 08, 2023
MightySparrow:

Deluded people looking for earthly mansions. grin

Unlike churchgoers thinking they're going to have mansions in heaven Jehovah's Witnesses will build houses with gardens on earth so all existing houses now will be demolished because they don't fit in to our plan in Paradise! Isaiah 65:21

Message delivered! smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Israel-Palestine Conflict: Where Do You Stand As A Christian? by Emusan(m): 1:31pm On Nov 08, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

The liar has come again grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

You claimed Watchtower doesn't teach Armageddon as physical war but spiritual and I've been asking you to provide the link to this new Light teaching but you can't till now.

Now @color you agree that God will destroy people and their WEAPONS, then how will all thousands of NUCLEAR WEAPONS available today (not to even talk of missiles, IDE, chemical weapons e.t.c) will be destroyed without causing great catastrophe to this planet?

You see why you keep adding LITERALLY to that 2 Peter 3:7,10?

Meanwhile, below is still your organisation teachings about Armageddon as a physical war.

We can see ball of fires coming from heaven.

cheesy grin cheesy grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Israel-Palestine Conflict: Where Do You Stand As A Christian? by MightySparrow: 1:53pm On Nov 08, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Unlike churchgoers thinking they're going to have mansions in heaven Jehovah's Witnesses will build houses with gardens on earth so all existing houses now will be demolished because they don't fit in to our plan in Paradise! Isaiah 65:21

Message delivered! smiley

The earth is violently broken,
The earth is split open ( scatter , shattered),
The earth is shaken exceedingly.
20 The earth shall reel[e] to and fro like a drunkard, ( the whole unit of earth, like a drunkard, not some part will have tremors, like the JWs interpretation)
And shall totter ( removed not shaking, have you seen a hut tottering,
moving from one place to another?) like a hut;
Its transgression shall be heavy upon it,
And it will fall, and not rise again.
It shall be removed.

We are looking for a new heaven and new earth not renewed.

Anyway, inherit Aso Rock Villa. grin.
Re: Israel-Palestine Conflict: Where Do You Stand As A Christian? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:59pm On Nov 08, 2023
Genesis 8:21-22
Psalms 104:5
Ecclesiastes 1:4

1 Like

Re: Israel-Palestine Conflict: Where Do You Stand As A Christian? by cornelboy(f): 4:53pm On Nov 08, 2023
jesusjnr2020:
Wait a minute! Don't tell me I've been talking to someone who believes Jesus is archangel Michael all this while.
Lol 😂
Answer simple question. You've been saying you only follow Jesus teachings all these while. Now tell me your beliefs here openly let's compare them to Jesus' teachings.
If you believe believe in the trinity then you've been lying all along, you don't follow Jesus teachings wink
Re: Israel-Palestine Conflict: Where Do You Stand As A Christian? by jesusjnr2020(m): 5:55pm On Nov 08, 2023
cornelboy:

Lol 😂
Answer simple question. You've been saying you only follow Jesus teachings all these while. Now tell me your beliefs here openly let's compare them to Jesus' teachings.
If you believe believe in the trinity then you've been lying all along, you don't follow Jesus teachings wink
I don't owe you any single answer after wasting so much of my time for no reason. No wonder you have don't know Jesus or have much regard for what He teaches since you believe He's angel Michael. Lol! Bye!

1 Like

Re: Israel-Palestine Conflict: Where Do You Stand As A Christian? by cornelboy(f): 6:14pm On Nov 08, 2023
jesusjnr2020:
I don't owe you any single answer after wasting so much of my time for no reason. No wonder you have don't know Jesus or have much regard for what He teaches since you believe He's angel Michael. Lol! Bye!
No wahala
Re: Israel-Palestine Conflict: Where Do You Stand As A Christian? by achorladey: 6:49pm On Nov 08, 2023
cornelboy:

Lol 😂

You that have being made to believe in "Jehovah's organization" = God follow Jesus teachings grin grin grin

If you believe believe in the trinity then you've been lying all along, you don't follow Jesus teachings

2 Likes

Re: Israel-Palestine Conflict: Where Do You Stand As A Christian? by achorladey: 6:56pm On Nov 08, 2023
Emusan:

The liar has come again grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

You claimed Watchtower doesn't teach Armageddon as physical war but spiritual and I've been asking you to provide the link to this new Light teaching but you can't till now.

Now @color you agree that God will destroy people and their WEAPONS, then how will all thousands of NUCLEAR WEAPONS available today (not to even talk of missiles, IDE, chemical weapons e.t.c) will be destroyed without causing great catastrophe to this planet?

You see why you keep adding LITERALLY to that 2 Peter 3:7,10?

Meanwhile, below is still your organisation teachings about Armageddon as a physical war.

We can see ball of fires coming from heaven.

cheesy grin cheesy grin grin cheesy

He must peddle his madness and insanities as Bible knowledge. Those ball of fires are spiritual in his madness and insanities peddling brains. He will see a post and cook up lies and manipulations to look different or make it look they are different from others in their beliefs. grin grin grin grin

You will see them condemn others for believing that they will go to heaven. When you ask them, will Jehovah’s witnesses too go to heaven. Lies and manipulations follow. Whereas the simple answer is yes, Jehovah’s witnesses too will go to heaven at least 144,000.

The common denominator becomes

Jehovah’s Witnesses believe they will go to heaven
Christendom believe they will go to heaven.

You wonder why they are disturbing others from believing going to heaven after all the 144,000 they believe God will select or choose them grin grin grin. Why not allow God to choose? We know their GODS of men are in charge of who goes to heaven and who does not. Madness and insanities peddling too full that MaxInDHouse brains grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Israel-Palestine Conflict: Where Do You Stand As A Christian? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:48pm On Nov 08, 2023
cornelboy:

No wahala
He is here again with his two accounts looking for Maximum! cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Israel-Palestine Conflict: Where Do You Stand As A Christian? by achorladey: 8:50pm On Nov 08, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

He is here again with his two accounts looking for Maximum! cheesy

You will keep running around lamenting about our monikers. We know your madness and insanities peddling brains cannot ignore. grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo On Shades For The First Time / My Prayer For You This Christmas Season / Fear Of God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.