Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,027 members, 7,814,509 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:05 PM

Jws How Are You Justified? How Do You Stand Righteous With God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jws How Are You Justified? How Do You Stand Righteous With God? (2171 Views)

Jws, How Did You Arrive At The Jibiti-jibiti Date Of 607BCE / A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? / Is There Anything Like "A Righteous Lie"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jws How Are You Justified? How Do You Stand Righteous With God? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Dec 25, 2017
since the Christians are the REPUTED SINNERS we call out the entire JWS to teach us how they are justified or declared forgiven and righteous with God
Re: Jws How Are You Justified? How Do You Stand Righteous With God? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Dec 25, 2017
Still waiting for the JWS here to come tell us how they are justified with God ....
If you know Any call them in thanks God bless
Re: Jws How Are You Justified? How Do You Stand Righteous With God? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Dec 25, 2017
cc peacefullove

cc enilove

cc removetheturban

cc lovingjehovah
Re: Jws How Are You Justified? How Do You Stand Righteous With God? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Dec 25, 2017
still expecting
Re: Jws How Are You Justified? How Do You Stand Righteous With God? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Dec 25, 2017
cc frosbel2
Re: Jws How Are You Justified? How Do You Stand Righteous With God? by IsaacBuchi(m): 6:05pm On Dec 25, 2017
Sorry, I think you seem to be going literally mad in the spirit grin

Are you secretly jealous of the JW? Do you wish you were like them?

Your English seems to be sounding like tongues of fire, can you expantiate in a lay man's tongue cheesy so we can understand you
Re: Jws How Are You Justified? How Do You Stand Righteous With God? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Dec 25, 2017
IsaacBuchi:
Sorry, I think you seem to be going literally mad in the spirit grin

Are jealous of the JW? Do you wish you were like them?

Your English seems to sounding like tongues of fire, can you expantiate in a lay man's tongue cheesy so we can understand you

lolz mad in the spirit.....?? lolz really funny
anyways forget about my being mad in the spirit?? I wonder where you got that ...

the topic is very clear .... how are you justified? or how are you forgiven and get to be at Peace with God

forget about being mad in the spirit ( I don't think you learnt that from the Bible )

HOW ARE YOU FORGIVEN .... WITH scriptural references

you may call your brethren too
Re: Jws How Are You Justified? How Do You Stand Righteous With God? by IsaacBuchi(m): 6:58pm On Dec 25, 2017
Ferisidowu:

lolz mad in the spirit.....?? lolz really funny
anyways forget about my being mad in the spirit?? I wonder where you got that ...

the topic is very clear .... how are you justified? or how are you forgiven and get to be at Peace with God

forget about being mad in the spirit ( I don't think you learnt that from the Bible )

HOW ARE YOU FORGIVEN .... WITH scriptural references

you may call your brethren too

No need to call a brethren I'll handle you alone tongue

We don't judge any person a sinner.

We do not accept any practice or believe of any person or religion that is not in line with the bible and God himself reject persons or groups like that.

◄ 2 Corinthians 6:17
New International Version
Therefore, "Come out from them and be separate, says the Lord. Touch no unclean thing, and I will receive you."

New Living Translation
Therefore, come out from among unbelievers, and separate yourselves from them, says the LORD. Don't touch their filthy things, and I will welcome you.
Re: Jws How Are You Justified? How Do You Stand Righteous With God? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Dec 25, 2017
IsaacBuchi:

We do not accept any practice or believe of any person or religion that is not in line with the bible and God himself reject persons or groups like that.

Therefore, "Come out from them and be separate, says the Lord. Touch no unclean thing, and I will receive you."

New Living Translation
Therefore, come out from among unbelievers, and separate yourselves from them, says the LORD. Don't touch their filthy things, and I will welcome you.

is that how you have peace with God!
Re: Jws How Are You Justified? How Do You Stand Righteous With God? by IsaacBuchi(m): 8:27pm On Dec 25, 2017
Ferisidowu:

is that how you have peace with God!

That is why I say your English is confusing. You talked about sinners, you talk of peace of God and forgiveness....not clear at all

For peace of God this is a scripture

Philippians 4:6-7New International Version (NIV)

6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Re: Jws How Are You Justified? How Do You Stand Righteous With God? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Dec 25, 2017
IsaacBuchi:

That is why I say your English is confusing. You talked about sinners, you talk of peace of God and forgiveness....not clear at all

For peace of God this is a scripture

Philippians 4:6-7New International Version (NIV)

6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
I'm sorry that the questions weren't clear to you... this is what I mean ... since this Bible says that all of us sinned in Adam , and also shows that all are sinners in the sight of God.....

then the question is how are you now justified and declared forgiven from your sins by God....

or are all still sinners and are not yet forgiven?
how do we get forgiven by God from our sins?
Re: Jws How Are You Justified? How Do You Stand Righteous With God? by IsaacBuchi(m): 9:32pm On Dec 25, 2017
Ferisidowu:

I'm sorry that the questions weren't clear to you... this is what I mean ... since this Bible says that all of us sinned in Adam , and also shows that all are sinners in the sight of God.....

then the question is how are you now justified and declared forgiven from your sins by God....

or are all still sinners and are not yet forgiven?
how do we get forgiven by God from our sins?

Okay.

We read at Romans 3:23-24New International Version (NIV)

23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.

Also at 1 John 1:7New International Version (NIV)

7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all[a] sin

So by the blood of christ we receive purification of our sin.

What must we do to be truly forgiven?

We need to learn about God properly and be ready to turn completely from our sins.

This we can find at

John 17:3New International Version (NIV)

3 Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent

Acts 3:19New International Version (NIV)

19 Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord

Does this sound satisfactory? Feel free to ask more I'll get you all your answers

2 Likes

Re: Jws How Are You Justified? How Do You Stand Righteous With God? by achorladey: 10:48pm On Dec 25, 2017
IsaacBuchi:

Okay.

We read at Romans 3:23-24New International Version (NIV)

23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.

Also at 1 John 1:7New International Version (NIV)

7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all[a] sin

So by the blood of christ we receive purification of our sin.

What must we do to be truly forgiven?

We need to learn about God properly and be ready to turn completely from our sins.

This we can find at

John 17:3New International Version (NIV)

3 Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent

Acts 3:19New International Version (NIV)

19 Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord

Does this sound satisfactory? Feel free to ask more I'll get you all your answers
Oga u don try well well. Ferisidowu calling JWs out on what he knows......hmmmmm
Ferisidowu na u this scripture dey for oooooo.
Heb 6:1
Therefore let us move beyond the elementary teachings about Christ and be taken forward to maturity, not laying again the foundation of repentance from acts that lead to death,and of faith in God,

So let us stop going over the basic teachings
about Christ again and again. Let us go on
instead and become mature in our
understanding. Surely we don't need to start
again with the fundamental importance of
repenting from evil deeds and placing our faith in God.

Ferisidowu try not to act ignorantly. You are far better than this..........

4 Likes

Re: Jws How Are You Justified? How Do You Stand Righteous With God? by Nobody: 8:31am On Dec 26, 2017
achorladey:

Oga u don try well well. Ferisidowu calling JWs out on what he knows......hmmmmm
Ferisidowu na u this scripture dey for oooooo.
Therefore let us move beyond the elementary teachings about Christ and be taken forward to maturity, not laying again the foundation of repentance from acts that lead to death,and of faith in God,

So let us stop going over the basic teachings
about Christ again and again. Let us go on
instead and become mature in our
understanding. Surely we don't need to start
again with the fundamental importance of
repenting from evil deeds and placing our faith in God.

Ferisidowu try not to act ignorantly. You are far better than this..........

thanks bro .. I appreciate your response....
this is a big issue even among Christians the funny thing is that all claimed inspiration ....
although the difference between them is a thin

I didn't call Pentecostals knowing it would resolve in a clash .. that's why I'd appreciate the JWS view

I hope you understand the question ....pls answer it your way ....
although among Protestants ... Pentecostals its narrowed down to

JUSTIFICATION (SALVATION, FORGIVENESS, RIGHTEOUSNESS ) by faith or by works .....
since there's no uniform solution

I called for the JWS view
Re: Jws How Are You Justified? How Do You Stand Righteous With God? by Nobody: 8:52am On Dec 26, 2017
Can you paraphrase the question?
Ferisidowu:
since the Christians are the REPUTED SINNERS we call out the entire JWS to teach us how they are justified or declared forgiven and righteous with God
Re: Jws How Are You Justified? How Do You Stand Righteous With God? by Nobody: 9:07am On Dec 26, 2017
removetheturban:
Can you paraphrase the question?
to paraphrase . .

"why or how are you forgiven or declared righteous by God that makes him spare you or anyone when he decides to destroy the world for it wickedness?"
Re: Jws How Are You Justified? How Do You Stand Righteous With God? by Nobody: 12:30pm On Dec 26, 2017
Ferisidowu:
to paraphrase . .
"why or how are you forgiven or declared righteous by God that makes him spare you or anyone when he decides to destroy the world for it wickedness?"
Honestly the question is ambiguous to me. I'm curious but are you aiming to ask the below questions?

Why would you be forgiven when God decides to destroy the wicked world?
Why would you be declared righteous when God decides to destroy the wicked world?
How can you be declared righteous when God decides to destroy the wicked world?
How can you be forgiven when God decides to destroy the wicked world?
Re: Jws How Are You Justified? How Do You Stand Righteous With God? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Dec 26, 2017
removetheturban:
Honestly the question is ambiguous to me. I'm curious but are you aiming to ask the below questions?

Why would you be forgiven when God decides to destroy the wicked world?
Why would you be declared righteous when God decides to destroy the wicked world?
How can you be declared righteous when God decides to destroy the wicked world?
How can you be forgiven when God decides to destroy the wicked world?

Yea Sir
Re: Jws How Are You Justified? How Do You Stand Righteous With God? by Nobody: 2:26pm On Dec 26, 2017
Romans 3:24 For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 and it is as a free gift that they are being declared righteous by his undeserved kindness through the release by the ransom paid by Christ Jesus.

It is because of his undeserved kindness that he extended toward me that I may gain life. It is not by works but I am indebted to prove my faith by exercising faith in Jesus and demonstrating that faith by obeying his commands.

To get his forgiveness one must have to know about Jehovah and his son Jesus and repent of his sins. Acts 3:19 “Repent, therefore, and turn around so as to get your sins blotted out, so that seasons of refreshing may come from Jehovah himself.

Knowing about Jehovah AND his son Jesus means life for us according to what Jesus said in John 17:3 This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, ‘the only true God’, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ.

Jehovah sent Jesus as a ransom to many who will appreciate his sacrifice and he asked us to LISTEN to Jesus. Luke 9:35 Then a voice came out of the cloud, saying: “This is my Son, the one who has been chosen. Listen to him.

How, then, do we listen to Jesus? When he said in John 20:17 that HIS GOD IS EQUALLY OUR GOD, do we listen? Do we call him a liar by twisting his life-saving words? Do we care about the words of Jesus? We cannot have eternal life by discrediting Jesus’ words. We must make sure that we do not insert human ideology and reasoning into the word of God but we must MAKE SURE of what is acceptable to God Ephesians 5:10.

To be saved we must keep working out our own salvation with endurance to the finish line according to Philippians 2:12 and Matthew 24:13. Though it is by his grace that we will make it, we cannot claim faith without works James 2:18.

We must observe the commandments of God which are not burdensome. 1 John 5:3 For this is what the love of God means, that we observe his commandments; and yet his commandments are not burdensome.

We can also do well by scrutinizing our thoughts and asking ourselves few questions like:
Do we feel superior in thought instead of being reasonable and aligning our beliefs with the Bible?
Do we want to twist the Bible to suit our human thoughts or should we drop our ego and let the bible be the base of our belief?
Do we have and show love to others by going out to preach the good news so that we can save people just as Jesus commanded us to do in Matthew 24:14?
Ferisidowu:
How and why would you be forgiven or declared righteous when God decides to destroy the wicked world?

1 Like

Re: Jws How Are You Justified? How Do You Stand Righteous With God? by achorladey: 3:12pm On Dec 26, 2017
removetheturban:
Romans 3:24 For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 and it is as a free gift that they are being declared righteous by his undeserved kindness through the release by the ransom paid by Christ Jesus.

It is because of his undeserved kindness that he extended toward me that I may gain life. It is not by works but I am indebted to prove my faith by exercising faith in Jesus and demonstrating that faith by obeying his commands.

To get his forgiveness one must have to know about Jehovah and his son Jesus and repent of his sins. Acts 3:19 “Repent, therefore, and turn around so as to get your sins blotted out, so that seasons of refreshing may come from Jehovah himself.

Knowing about Jehovah AND his son Jesus means life for us according to what Jesus said in John 17:3 This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, ‘the only true God’, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ.

Jehovah sent Jesus as a ransom to many who will appreciate his sacrifice and he asked us to LISTEN to Jesus. Luke 9:35 Then a voice came out of the cloud, saying: “This is my Son, the one who has been chosen. Listen to him.

How, then, do we listen to Jesus? When he said in John 20:17 that HIS GOD IS EQUALLY OUR GOD, do we listen? Do we call him a lying by twisting his life-saving words? Do we care about the words of Jesus? We cannot have eternal life by discrediting Jesus’ words. We must make sure that we do not insert human ideology and reasoning into the word of God but we must MAKE SURE of what is acceptable to God Ephesians 5:10.

To be saved we must keep working out our own salvation with endurance to the finish line according to Philippians 2:12 and Matthew 24:13. Though it is by his grace that we will make it, we cannot claim faith without works James 2:18.

We must observe the commandments of God which are not burdensome. 1 John 5:3 For this is what the love of God means, that we observe his commandments; and yet his commandments are not burdensome.

We can also do well by scrutinizing our thoughts and asking ourselves few questions like:
Do we feel superior in thought instead of being reasonable and aligning our beliefs with the Bible?
Do we want to twist the Bible to suit our human thoughts or should we drop our ego and let the bible be the base of our belief?
Do we have and show love to others by going out to preach the good news so that we can save people just as Jesus commanded us to do in Matthew 24:14?
Well said..................

1 Like

Re: Jws How Are You Justified? How Do You Stand Righteous With God? by MightySparrow: 6:41pm On Dec 26, 2017
Ferisidowu:

thanks bro .. I appreciate your response....
this is a big issue even among Christians the funny thing is that all claimed inspiration ....
although the difference between them is a thin

I didn't call Pentecostals knowing it would resolve in a clash .. that's why I'd appreciate the JWS view

I hope you understand the question ....pls answer it your way ....
although among Protestants ... Pentecostals its narrowed down to

JUSTIFICATION (SALVATION, FORGIVENESS, RIGHTEOUSNESS ) by faith or by works .....
since there's no uniform solution

I called for the JWS view

Just believe the Bible. Leave JW alone.....
They do not teach things like justification, Righteousness by faith, Gifts of Holy Spirit, They hammer on controversial issues and sometimes leave more important issues.

I recently learn that at communion table, few or none of them eat the bread and drink the wine occasionally. I learn they throw the thing away for God knows why?

This people walahi?
Re: Jws How Are You Justified? How Do You Stand Righteous With God? by Nobody: 3:20am On Dec 27, 2017
removetheturban:

How, then, do we listen to Jesus? When he said in John 20:17 that HIS GOD IS EQUALLY OUR GOD, do we listen? Do we call him a liar by twisting his life-saving words? Do we care about the words of Jesus? We cannot have eternal life by discrediting Jesus’ words. We must make sure that we do not insert human ideology and reasoning into the word of God but we must MAKE SURE of what is acceptable to God Ephesians 5:10.

in all these things I sincerely can't see any importance of Jesus .....

or please to you... what did Jesus do concerning salvation that I can't do??

if I must obey the law 100% then why did Jesus die ?!

if God won't deny me because I obey the law ...why did Jesus die

if I am made perfect by striving to fulfill all the law ... it becomes obvious that I don't need Christ ... he died for nothing

or what do you think

1 Like

Re: Jws How Are You Justified? How Do You Stand Righteous With God? by Nobody: 7:27am On Dec 27, 2017
Ferisidowu:

in all these things I sincerely can't see any importance of Jesus .....
If you look calmly and objectively you will see it. Representing Jehovah is a huge privilege and an important one. How come you suddenly can't see the importance of Jesus?
Ferisidowu:

or please to you... what did Jesus do concerning salvation that I can't do??
Everything! Your blood is nothing to the human race. Your sinfulness is a crime that warrants death. You are not the word. You are borne out of sin. You cannot be called the begotten son of God. You cannot be a spirit. You did not or cannot originate from heaven. The list goes on.
Ferisidowu:

if I must obey the law 100% then why did Jesus die ?!
What law? We have two laws Mosaic and Christ. Galatians 5:14 For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: "Love your neighbour as yourself."
If we love our neighbours we would not twist the word of God to suit our ideologies because they might be led astray. The word of God is to be studied properly and leaving a space let it permeate our thoughts and reasonings. Jesus words were delivered in a reverent manner and his choice of words was overwhelming with such power as to convince, pierce the hearts and cut across hierarchical distinctions. When he spoke, his words were the words of God because he is in union with God. He prayed for us to be likewise in union with them in speaking the truth and in our conducts. Presenting the word of God which is the truth to our neighbours is one thing that we derive pleasure from because it is equally a command from Jesus himself. Matthew 24:14.
Ferisidowu:

if God won't deny me because I obey the law ...why did Jesus die
No one is saved for obeying the law. The Bible says that it is actually by his grace. No matter what we do, we never can earn it because it is a gift. A gift is not an earning because we do not merit it. We are sinners and should be condemned but as a result of his gift, we can be saved. Ephesians 2:8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God
Ferisidowu:

if I am made perfect by striving to fulfill all the law ... it becomes obvious that I don't need Christ ... he died for nothing

or what do you think
Jehovah's Witnesses do not preach righteousness by fulfilling the law. No one is ever called righteous by doing that. By faith we strive to be called righteous using the law as a guide in all that we do. 1 Peter 1:16 for it is written: "Be holy, because I am holy."
We are not perfect and we all err. Nevertheless, we have a race before us and we must endeavour to run it to the last. Jehovah understands our weaknesses and he knows a sincere heart. We know that we have a task to do. Faith comes with work. We do not sit down and say 'we are saved' but we are fighting the hard fight. When a man asked Jesus how he could gain eternal life, the hardest thing of all that Jesus asked him to do was to give his wealth away and FOLLOW him Matthew 19. Following Jesus is not just mere acceptance of Jesus as our Lord and saviour, but Jesus said that we have to be identified by the law John 13:34-35. How then can we be identified without works? Our faith must be proven with the works that we do. You cannot sit down in your home and claim salvation when there are many commands given by Jesus in the Bible.
We must prove that we need it. In Jesus words we must strive for it. Luke 13:24 “Exert yourselves vigorously to get in through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will seek to get in but will not be able.

Hebrews 10:36 For you need endurance, so that AFTER you have done the will of God, you may receive the fulfilment of the promise.

So, we do not believe in once saved, always saved. It is an endurance race and we must run to the finish line. In track and field events, being the first in the first lap does not guarantee the win or does it guarantee that one will finish the race.

One of JW favourite quotes is Zephaniah 2:2 Before the decree takes effect, Before the day passes by like chaff, Before the burning anger of Jehovah comes upon you, Before the day of Jehovah’s anger comes upon you, 3 Seek Jehovah, all you meek ones of the earth, Who observe his righteous decrees. Seek righteousness, seek meekness. Probably you will be concealed on the day of Jehovah’s anger.

2 Likes

Re: Jws How Are You Justified? How Do You Stand Righteous With God? by Nobody: 8:52am On Dec 27, 2017
removetheturban:
If you look calmly and objectively you will see it. Representing Jehovah is a huge privilege and an important one. How come you suddenly can't see the importance of Jesus?
Everything! Your blood is nothing to the human race. Your sinfulness is a crime that warrants death. You are not the word. You are borne out of sin. You cannot be called the begotten son of God. You cannot be a spirit. You did not or cannot originate from heaven. The list goes on.
What law? We have two laws Mosaic and Christ. Galatians 5:14 For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: "Love your neighbour as yourself."
If we love our neighbours we would not twist the word of God to suit our ideologies because they might be led astray. The word of God is to be studied properly and leaving a space let it permeate our thoughts and reasonings. Jesus words were delivered in a reverent manner and his choice of words was overwhelming with such power as to convince, pierce the hearts and cut across hierarchical distinctions. When he spoke, his words were the words of God because he is in union with God. He prayed for us to be likewise in union with them in speaking the truth and in our conducts. Presenting the word of God which is the truth to our neighbours is one thing that we derive pleasure from because it is equally a command from Jesus himself. Matthew 24:14.
No one is saved for obeying the law. The Bible says that it is actually by his grace. No matter what we do, we never can earn it because it is a gift. A gift is not an earning because we do not merit it. We are sinners and should be condemned but as a result of his gift, we can be saved. Ephesians 2:8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God
Jehovah's Witnesses do not preach righteousness by fulfilling the law. No one is ever called righteous by doing that. By faith we strive to be called righteous using the law as a guide in all that we do. 1 Peter 1:16 for it is written: "Be holy, because I am holy."
We are not perfect and we all err. Nevertheless, we have a race before us and we must endeavour to run it to the last. Jehovah understands our weaknesses and he knows a sincere heart. We know that we have a task to do. Faith comes with work. We do not sit down and say 'we are saved' but we are fighting the hard fight. When a man asked Jesus how he could gain eternal life, the hardest thing of all that Jesus asked him to do was to give his wealth away and FOLLOW him Matthew 19. Following Jesus is not just mere acceptance of Jesus as our Lord and saviour, but Jesus said that we have to be identified by the law John 13:34-35. How then can we be identified without works? Our faith must be proven with the works that we do. You cannot sit down in your home and claim salvation when there are many commands given by Jesus in the Bible.
We must prove that we need it. In Jesus words we must strive for it. Luke 13:24 “Exert yourselves vigorously to get in through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will seek to get in but will not be able.

Hebrews 10:36 For you need endurance, so that AFTER you have done the will of God, you may receive the fulfilment of the promise.

So, we do not believe in once saved, always saved. It is an endurance race and we must run to the finish line. In track and field events, being the first in the first lap does not guarantee the win or does it guarantee that one will finish the race.

One of JW favourite quotes is Zephaniah 2:2 Before the decree takes effect, Before the day passes by like chaff, Before the burning anger of Jehovah comes upon you, Before the day of Jehovah’s anger comes upon you, 3 Seek Jehovah, all you meek ones of the earth, Who observe his righteous decrees. Seek righteousness, seek meekness. Probably you will be concealed on the day of Jehovah’s anger.
I really appreciate your time and answers may God bless and reward you in all these ...

but then it means justification is by faith and works ryt?
and also what then is the usefulness of the law ,, if it doesn't add anything to us ..... I.e why should God give us a law that wouldn't justify us
also why were the Jews rejected since they have God as their Messiah and the laws too ?

1 Like

Re: Jws How Are You Justified? How Do You Stand Righteous With God? by Nobody: 9:11am On Dec 27, 2017
besides even if my blood can't redeem me it's still the same with the Jews .... I can become a proselyte or Jewish convert and offer sacrifices to God ...

or were the sacrifices of the Jews not accepted?

removetheturban

and also if I still have to struggle to obey the law and believe in God .... then it's deserved kindness .

seeing God can't reject me, I believe in God through Jesus and ran the race -- brother then God is indebted to me....
Re: Jws How Are You Justified? How Do You Stand Righteous With God? by Nobody: 10:53am On Dec 27, 2017
Ferisidowu:
besides even if my blood can't redeem me it's still the same with the Jews .... I can become a proselyte or Jewish convert and offer sacrifices to God ...

or were the sacrifices of the Jews not accepted?
Hebrews 10:3 those sacrifices are an annual reminder of sins, 4because it is impossible for the blood of bulls and of goats to take away sins.
Even if you syphon the blood of the entire Israelites and mix with yours, it still will not suffice.
Ferisidowu:

and also if I still have to struggle to obey the law and believe in God .... then it's deserved kindness.
Let us put it this way. Assuming that you sin 70x7 times per day, what amount of sacrifice or work can erase 490 sins in 24 hours. If a bull were to be used to propitiate for each sin, 490 bulls will fall every time your AM greets your PM and every time you change your calendar, 5880 bulls have fallen. You would need to close 40 farms each year to be able to achieve that and that is only an assumption. Imagine if God himself revealed the main sins that you personally might not know of.

Whatever we do, we cannot earn it. You cannot compare the works that you do to what Moses or Abraham did. You cannot compare yourself to Job. Jehovah had a covenant with the Israelites and not us, "the nation". If he took you in, then know that you were shown mercy Romans 11:24.

seeing God can't reject me, I believe in God through Jesus and ran the race -- brother then God is indebted to me.... [/quote] Acts 10:34 in every nation the man who fears him and does what is right is acceptable to him.
Salvation is not a once save, always saved. Jesus said that we must REMAIN in him and if we do not, John 15:6 and verse 8 says that Jehovah is pleased if we KEEP bearing good fruits and keep PROVING ourselves.

How can God be indebted to you?
Re: Jws How Are You Justified? How Do You Stand Righteous With God? by Nobody: 11:28am On Dec 27, 2017
removetheturban

you asked about how can God be indebted to me

God can be indebted to me if I find justification in keep his commandments and believe in him .... that shows that he can't reject me ....

GIFT -UNMERITED FAVOUR CAN'T BE THE SAME AS DEBT MERITED FAVOR

if I believe I will be justified because I BELIEVE and because I DO THINGS THAT ARE LOVELY OR BECAUSE I BELIEVE AND KEEP THE LAW what is unmerited kindness about that .... ?

I did the believing , I obeyed the law , I strive not to fall .... you now tell me that my not being condemned by God is unmerited kindness?? how??

now if it's by gift then I have no claim to it ... he can deny me his mercy ... that's gift .... gift is that he draws me to look at him in hope ... since he will give gifts to whom he really draws so then I owe my repentance to him ... I owe my believing to him, I owe my SALVATION to him .....

besides the Bible says that the gifts of God are without repentance ... if salvation is a gift why will God collect his gift back

and if it's by works then its not a gift ITS NOT UNMERITED -- ITS ACTUALLY MERITED ... PAUL EVEN SAID IT CANT BE BOTH ITS EITHER WORKS OR GRACE and God is indebted to reward me because I believe in him because I ran the race because I strive ...

but if I don't find justification because I keep the law ... then it shows that the LAW Is not important to salvation ... and that I can be justified even being ungodly

just like Paul says about "he who doesn't work but believes on him who justifies the UNGODLY"
THEN it's obvious that God justifies the ungodly APART FROM THE LAW

besides what laws were given to the gentile believers the 10 commandments,the civil or moral? NONE WAS GIVEN TO THEM ...

ID LIKE YOUR VIEW
Re: Jws How Are You Justified? How Do You Stand Righteous With God? by Nobody: 1:34pm On Dec 27, 2017
Hebrews 10:26 For if we practice sin willfully after having received the accurate knowledge of the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice for sins left

1 Corinthians 9:27 but I pummel my body and lead it as a slave, so that after I have preached to others, I myself should not become disapproved somehow.

Revelation 2:10 Do not be afraid of the things you are about to suffer. Look! The Devil will keep on throwing some of you into prison so that you may be fully put to the test, and you will have tribulation for ten days. Prove yourself faithful even to death, and I will give you the crown of life.

Are you holding on to this 10 commandments like it means your life? It is not obsolete, bro. We are now commanded to love.
Ferisidowu:

you asked about how can God be indebted to me

God can be indebted to me if I find justification in keep his commandments and believe in him .... that shows that he can't reject me ....

GIFT -UNMERITED FAVOUR CAN'T BE THE SAME AS DEBT MERITED FAVOR

if I believe I will be justified because I BELIEVE and because I DO THINGS THAT ARE LOVELY OR BECAUSE I BELIEVE AND KEEP THE LAW what is unmerited kindness about that .... ?

I did the believing , I obeyed the law , I strive not to fall .... you now tell me that my not being condemned by God is unmerited kindness?? how??

now if it's by gift then I have no claim to it ... he can deny me his mercy ... that's gift .... gift is that he draws me to look at him in hope ... since he will give gifts to whom he really draws so then I owe my repentance to him ... I owe my believing to him, I owe my SALVATION to him .....

besides the Bible says that the gifts of God are without repentance ... if salvation is a gift why will God collect his gift back

and if it's by works then its not a gift ITS NOT UNMERITED -- ITS ACTUALLY MERITED ... PAUL EVEN SAID IT CANT BE BOTH ITS EITHER WORKS OR GRACE and God is indebted to reward me because I believe in him because I ran the race because I strive ...

but if I don't find justification because I keep the law ... then it shows that the LAW Is not important to salvation ... and that I can be justified even being ungodly

just like Paul says about "he who doesn't work but believes on him who justifies the UNGODLY"
THEN it's obvious that God justifies the ungodly APART FROM THE LAW

besides what laws were given to the gentile believers the 10 commandments,the civil or moral? NONE WAS GIVEN TO THEM ...

ID LIKE YOUR VIEW
Re: Jws How Are You Justified? How Do You Stand Righteous With God? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Dec 27, 2017
IsaacBuchi:

New Living Translation
u mean seclusion like is practiced by the occults?
Re: Jws How Are You Justified? How Do You Stand Righteous With God? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Dec 27, 2017
The scripture that he quoted mentioned SEPARATION and not seclusion.
salvation101:
u mean seclusion like is practiced by the occults?
Re: Jws How Are You Justified? How Do You Stand Righteous With God? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Dec 27, 2017
removetheturban:
Hebrews 10:26 For if we practice sin willfully after having received the accurate knowledge of the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice for sins left

1 Corinthians 9:27 but I pummel my body and lead it as a slave, so that after I have preached to others, I myself should not become disapproved somehow.

Revelation 2:10 Do not be afraid of the things you are about to suffer. Look! The Devil will keep on throwing some of you into prison so that you may be fully put to the test, and you will have tribulation for ten days. Prove yourself faithful even to death, and I will give you the crown of life.

Are you holding on to this 10 commandments like it means your life? It is not obsolete, bro. We are now commanded to love.

I'm not holding like it means my life, are you? now let me ask you , do you love me like you love yourself ?? I can prove it that YOU can't love me like you love yourself...
Re: Jws How Are You Justified? How Do You Stand Righteous With God? by flamingREED(m): 3:13pm On Dec 27, 2017
HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD.

CAN THE BLOOD OF JESUS BE APPLIED ON THE SINS OF TODAY, to wash them away?

It's written that his blood cleanses us from all unrighteousness.

'cleanses' implies the infinite present time, that is, always

Don't bother responding.
Debates are time-consuming and fruitless exercises.

(1) (2) (Reply)

CHURCH VS CONGREGATION Congregation Was Yahshua Creation, Church A Creation Of / I Want To Become An Atheist / 2012 - What Will Happen?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.