Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,874 members, 7,810,330 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:13 AM

Mum Of Four Who Refused To Walk Away From An 'Abusive Marriage' Dies - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Mum Of Four Who Refused To Walk Away From An 'Abusive Marriage' Dies (33885 Views)

White Lady Who Killed Nigerian Mum Of 4 In Florida Appears In Court (Pics/video) / Mum-Of-4 And Her 2-Year-Old Child Killed In Delta (Photos) / NDLEA Nabs Nigerian Mum-of-3 With 100 Wraps Of Cocaine In Her Private Part, Bag (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mum Of Four Who Refused To Walk Away From An 'Abusive Marriage' Dies by Nazgul: 4:25pm On Nov 05, 2023
mariahAngel:

They have nowhere to go? Where did they come from before they were married?
Did they fall from the sky?
I'm talking from a financial POV.

Some, their parents are deceased, and their siblings are all married. And to make matters worse, they are not financially buyouant to sustain themselves alone.

1 Like

Re: Mum Of Four Who Refused To Walk Away From An 'Abusive Marriage' Dies by Princewell2012(m): 4:29pm On Nov 05, 2023
GreatAchiever1:

I use to wonder, in all these abusive marriage, can't they report the husband to maybe his relatives, kinsmen, close friends etc to call him to order. It's disgraceful.
We are not used to reporting in Nigeria may be Africa. But in US, even your little kid can report his dad for beating him and the police will respond aproprately.
Re: Mum Of Four Who Refused To Walk Away From An 'Abusive Marriage' Dies by Glory2DLamb(m): 4:32pm On Nov 05, 2023
HOW SHARP WAS HER MOUTH?
Re: Mum Of Four Who Refused To Walk Away From An 'Abusive Marriage' Dies by Kobojunkie: 4:33pm On Nov 05, 2023
Amumaigwe:
■ Did your pastor tell you the reason why the husband abuses the wife? In that may lie the magic of their new found bliss. Leave born again, it is neither here nor there.
What you call bliss is more than likely the calm before the storm to come. Stop deceiving yourselves thinking there might exist a valid reason for abuse to occur. undecided

1 Like

Re: Mum Of Four Who Refused To Walk Away From An 'Abusive Marriage' Dies by Kobojunkie: 4:34pm On Nov 05, 2023
GreatAchiever1:
I use to wonder, in all these abusive marriage, can't they report the husband to maybe his relatives, kinsmen, close friends etc to call him to order. It's disgraceful.

Re: Mum Of Four Who Refused To Walk Away From An 'Abusive Marriage' Dies by Kobojunkie: 4:36pm On Nov 05, 2023
Glory2DLamb:
HOW SHARP WAS HER MOUTH?
So women who have sharp mouths deserve to be abused and eventually killed? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Mum Of Four Who Refused To Walk Away From An 'Abusive Marriage' Dies by Eriokanmi: 4:36pm On Nov 05, 2023
How some men raise their hands on women still baffles me. Some don't deserve to get married in the first place. They're unfit for it. They just wanted to keep up with the joneses. They're evil.
Re: Mum Of Four Who Refused To Walk Away From An 'Abusive Marriage' Dies by lendahand(m): 4:41pm On Nov 05, 2023
God1000:
Sad, I don't think I can tolerate such thing from anyone for six months, I so much cherish my peace of mind

This is why it is extremely important for people to pay adequate attention during courtship.

Nobody can torment me
a comment down the line is about how an abusive marriage later turned for the better. In same vein, people who are good sometimes change for the worse, it's a huge gamble, that's why an oath in cementing the union. Just pray, hope on God and do your best...
Re: Mum Of Four Who Refused To Walk Away From An 'Abusive Marriage' Dies by wizod(m): 4:42pm On Nov 05, 2023
Check her well, she is a stark illiterate.
She don't even have junior waec
Re: Mum Of Four Who Refused To Walk Away From An 'Abusive Marriage' Dies by adontcare(f): 4:45pm On Nov 05, 2023
What do expect women to do when the society shame them for leaving an abusive marriage. As if marriage is a must. Well she was damaged already .
Re: Mum Of Four Who Refused To Walk Away From An 'Abusive Marriage' Dies by Hezmatosky: 4:51pm On Nov 05, 2023
I know this kin women. Their happiness is not of this world. They're never serious with life. Everything na play for where dem dey. Even with bruises, she still dey smile for camera. Mostly, they're called obiageli. I once friend one like that, Bella. Their lifestyle eh, can be annoying if you don't have patience. But they carry love for heart. They can call you sweet names wey go dey jinger ur swagger. And if dem see chance comot go church or anywhere, mehn, na night you go see dem o. E fit be say nor be man house dem go o. And when dem come back normally na same flimsy excuse dem go give. Even when them promote you for office from sales rep to regional manager and the whole is celebrating you, walai, if you tell her about it, she won't understand. Na so so laff she go dey laff. I know her type. Of you see dem, marry dem with patience. They're good at home, Na love full their heart. Its unfortunate she entered a wrong hand.
In a nutshell
Don't leave your marriage
Because of domestic violence.
Help make it work.
Men does not have lion's heart.
Help them in time of brokenness.
Hold his hand always and pray for him.
Wish him well when he's goin out.
Suggest solutions softly.
Dress well always, make ur hair, just be happy.
Remember, don't call him drunk when he did.
Don't give him chance at home, close to him.
Love him more than the children.
Think of him first.
Don't report him to your people even if.
Remind him of future for both of u.
Fight him back physically not ur mouth.
Avoid area friends
If you're at home pls stay in the house.
Keep the children neat.
Demand money like man talking to man.
Don't ask with impunity.
Even when he says notin dey, pls accept.
When you have sex, pls wash off. You don't need pikin this time of vawulence.
Just try these. It will work. undecided
Re: Mum Of Four Who Refused To Walk Away From An 'Abusive Marriage' Dies by Kobojunkie: 4:51pm On Nov 05, 2023
lendahand:
■ a comment down the line is about how an abusive marriage later turned for the better. In same vein, people who are good sometimes change for the worse, it's a huge gamble, that's why an oath in cementing the union. Just pray, hope on God and do your best...
A gamble abi! This woman was probably also waiting for a bad man to turn "good husband" but I guess her wait will be eternal since she is now food for worms. undecided

1 Like

Re: Mum Of Four Who Refused To Walk Away From An 'Abusive Marriage' Dies by MrPresident1: 5:01pm On Nov 05, 2023
Why is Nairaland against marriages? This is satanic

Where are the stories on successful marriages, where are the insights into how to make marriages successful?

Guard your hearts
Re: Mum Of Four Who Refused To Walk Away From An 'Abusive Marriage' Dies by Kobojunkie: 5:03pm On Nov 05, 2023
wizod:
Check her well, she is a stark illiterate.
She don't even have junior waec
And that is why she deserved to be abused in marriage and killed too? undecided
Re: Mum Of Four Who Refused To Walk Away From An 'Abusive Marriage' Dies by Agugbadin: 5:03pm On Nov 05, 2023
Igno affairs, very common among this violent tribe called Igbo.
Re: Mum Of Four Who Refused To Walk Away From An 'Abusive Marriage' Dies by Kobojunkie: 5:04pm On Nov 05, 2023
adontcare:
What do expect women to do when the society shame them for leaving an abusive marriage. As if marriage is a must. Well she was damaged already .
Why do such women equally allow society to bully them into remaining in abusive marriages? If marriage by force? undecided
Re: Mum Of Four Who Refused To Walk Away From An 'Abusive Marriage' Dies by Marynwachukwu21(f): 5:15pm On Nov 05, 2023
post=126803764:
Update From . COM

A Nigerian Mum of four has died after allegedly being subjected to domestic violence for years, Reports.

A Facebook User, Amarachi Iwuala, who shared the sad story, As Sighted By , alleged that the husband of the deceased over the years subjected her to domestic abuse. She said the husband one time, allegedly beat the wife until she became unconscious.

Amarachi said when advised to leave her marriage, the deceased who was nursing a seven-month-old baby, said she would walk away when her children were grown as they were still little. She said the mother of the deceased even asked her to walk away from the marriage, but she also refused.

Posting On Facebook, Amarachi Wrote;

‘’Another woman gone.

She was married to a man who was viôlent towards her. Not just viôlent, he would lock doors and windows, raise music volume, and then start béating her, so that help won't come for her.

One day he béat her till she was unconscious, the whole compound joined in rushing her to the hospital. After treatment, she came back to the same house.

People advised her to leave, she said her children were still little, she wanted them to grow a bit before she leaves. She wanted them to grow yet she was giving birth to more. She had four children, the last one is just 7 months old.

Two weeks ago, an old woman living in their compound called this lady's mother, asking her to come take her daughter if they still want her alive. The mother replied that the lady said she's not leaving.

This is why it's good to have some weyrey as a mother. Even if she doesn't want to leave, use vawulence and bring her out by force. O dighi apu àra.

Back to the story. Two days ago, that is Thursday 2nd November 2023, they woke up in the morning to hear the man béating the woman as usual.

After the béating, normal life continued. They said that night, the lady went about her normal chores, she stayed up till 11pm wasting and hanging cloths. Neighbors saw her.

They all woke up yesterday morning only to hear that the lady is déad. How?

The husband is saying he slept in the sitting room while she slept in the bedroom, that he only entered the room in the morning and found her dead.

Neighbors said her bed was soaked with water though, and there's still no explanation for that.

The husband is saying she should be buried immediately as he doesn't have money to pay mortuary bills.

The sad part, her father heard the news and had a heart attack, she was his only daughter. He was rushed to hospital, but news has it that he didn't make it.

Her 7month old baby cried the whole day and refused to eat every food that was offered her, she was looking for breast milk. She cried till she started running temperature.

See how many lives have been affected by her choices.

Four children rendered motherless. Only God knows what their fate will be, they'll probably be shared amongst relatives who may/may not treat them well.

I know all these because we have a mutual friend who was at their place yesterday to get first hand info. She was crying bitterly on phone while speaking to me, I told her to stop crying, the lady chose this.

The husband cannot even be held responsible. Police came, asked him questions and left.

We keep writing daily for women to learn, but some are determined to waste their lives.

Someone in an abûsive marriage will read this post and say "it's not my portion", and keep staying in the marriage.

Like I'll always say, we can't help everybody. Keep staying, keep waiting for your children to grow up, keep thinking of what society will say, keep thinking of how you'll survive, keep thinking if you'll find another man, keep thinking the children need a father, keep hoping he'll change. Just keep at it, since you have no value for the life you have.''

See Photos And Reaction As Obtained By Below:

Source: BLOG
This is so painful,she sacrificed her life to save the marriage all in the name of love and abandoned her four kids.
The mother did wrong by not coming to see her daughter when she heard the news about her,now they are bringing back her corpes instead of been chased back to her parents house😥😥
Re: Mum Of Four Who Refused To Walk Away From An 'Abusive Marriage' Dies by Kobojunkie: 5:26pm On Nov 05, 2023
Marynwachukwu21:
This is so painful,she sacrificed her life to save the marriage all in the name of love and abandoned her four kids.
The mother did wrong by not coming to see her daughter when she heard the news about her,now they are bringing back her corpes instead of been chased back to her parents house😥😥
Name of which foolish love? undecided
Re: Mum Of Four Who Refused To Walk Away From An 'Abusive Marriage' Dies by Kaido: 5:40pm On Nov 05, 2023
That man should be arrested. I don't condone domestic violence

1 Like

Re: Mum Of Four Who Refused To Walk Away From An 'Abusive Marriage' Dies by bigiyaro(m): 5:48pm On Nov 05, 2023
This is what addiction to big pri*k can cause. The thought of the huge meat scratching dia clit, immunes them effectively against any virus of abandonment of the delicious meat. Only death is strong enough to do them apart.
Re: Mum Of Four Who Refused To Walk Away From An 'Abusive Marriage' Dies by Emdebby2: 5:48pm On Nov 05, 2023
She chose to stay in an abusive marriage until her children grow. What did she get...death.

1 Like

Re: Mum Of Four Who Refused To Walk Away From An 'Abusive Marriage' Dies by debbydams(f): 5:52pm On Nov 05, 2023
ogascomax:
It's just a complicated matter sometimes. Some abusive marriage latter became beautiful at the end. My pastor told us today how his sister fought for her marriage. At some point it was truly an abusive marriage that the man even beat her while she was pregnant and almost lost the baby. Fast forward, latter she became born again and so did her husband. They are now living peacefully ever after.
It's a gamble so decide how to play it.
an abusive man cannot change
Re: Mum Of Four Who Refused To Walk Away From An 'Abusive Marriage' Dies by Originalsly: 6:02pm On Nov 05, 2023
This is sad. It is also sad that the there is no interrogation of the husband to find out cause of death ... or an autopsy. If the husband found the woman dead in the morning ... possible she died in her sleep ... heart attack or whatever ... but the fact that bed was drenched with water should automatically raise red flags and start a criminal investigation. Did he beat the wife until she became unconscious then was pouring water to revive her? ... the reason for the bed being soaked? Men who are used to abusing their women should think twice before applying for visa and travelling abroad. We just read about the one that was abandoned at the airport .... he was lucky .
Women either get out of an abusive relationship early ... or they become trapped in it ... like an addiction.
Re: Mum Of Four Who Refused To Walk Away From An 'Abusive Marriage' Dies by Ishilove: 6:02pm On Nov 05, 2023
Madam, na you kill yourself. You better apologize to that innocent baby for rendering her motherless at the tender age of 7 months.

I come from the kind of home that will physically bundle you out of an abusive marriage if you don't have the sense to walk away, so I want to believe the extended family of the woman have a role in curbing domestic violence in a marriage. Try this with my sister and you will be locked up for a minimum of three days. If you are tired of the marriage, send her back to her people.

1 Like

Re: Mum Of Four Who Refused To Walk Away From An 'Abusive Marriage' Dies by Magnoliaa(f): 6:05pm On Nov 05, 2023
Ishilove:
Madam, na you kill yourself. You better apologize to that innocent baby for rendering her motherless at the tender age of 7 months

Person wey don die lol?
Re: Mum Of Four Who Refused To Walk Away From An 'Abusive Marriage' Dies by eliwa47(m): 6:06pm On Nov 05, 2023
If you're in a toxic relationship, quickly walk away, if you're killed, your partner will look for someone else.
Rest in peace 🕊️
Re: Mum Of Four Who Refused To Walk Away From An 'Abusive Marriage' Dies by adontcare(f): 6:06pm On Nov 05, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Why do such women equally allow society to bully them into remaining in abusive marriages? If marriage by force? undecided
they have been damaged already .

1 Like

Re: Mum Of Four Who Refused To Walk Away From An 'Abusive Marriage' Dies by Nextt: 6:12pm On Nov 05, 2023
Magnoliaa:

E shock you abi? grin

Na so e shock me too.

Trust me. Men who justify physical abuse against their spouse are less than men. Those guys quoted are on their own opinion-wise.
Re: Mum Of Four Who Refused To Walk Away From An 'Abusive Marriage' Dies by AutoConsult: 6:14pm On Nov 05, 2023
God1000:
Sad, I don't think I can tolerate such thing from anyone for six months, I so much cherish my peace of mind

This is why it is extremely important for people to pay adequate attention during courtship.

Nobody can torment me
It's actually easier to manage when children are not involved.

1 Like

Re: Mum Of Four Who Refused To Walk Away From An 'Abusive Marriage' Dies by NOwazobia: 6:15pm On Nov 05, 2023
This here is the reason I can kill any man who will subject my sister to domestic abuse.

If you think you are man enough, go and fight your mate.

I never tolerated any of my male relative who abuses his wife.

Keep your hands to yourself when it involve my sister, else you can lose it.
Re: Mum Of Four Who Refused To Walk Away From An 'Abusive Marriage' Dies by Ashawoman82: 6:25pm On Nov 05, 2023
Magnoliaa:

How some of you have access to the Internet baffles me.
the guy is a very big idiot..ignore him.
Re: Mum Of Four Who Refused To Walk Away From An 'Abusive Marriage' Dies by cutesharon(f): 6:28pm On Nov 05, 2023
Until it happens again. Okay ooo...we go de here. Did they address the root cause. Being born again is good but the people involved - can they maintain it.
ogascomax:
It's just a complicated matter sometimes. Some abusive marriage latter became beautiful at the end. My pastor told us today how his sister fought for her marriage. At some point it was truly an abusive marriage that the man even beat her while she was pregnant and almost lost the baby. Fast forward, latter she became born again and so did her husband. They are now living peacefully ever after.
It's a gamble so decide how to play it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Hackers Hit Atms In Lagos, Device Means To Collect Pins & ATM Card Data / Importer Whose Container Was Sized, Invites A Native Doctor To Perform Voodoo / 76-Year-Old Man Attempts To Kill His Son With A Locally Made Rifle In Kwara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.