Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,483 members, 7,812,498 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:20 PM

Mum Of Four Who Refused To Walk Away From An 'Abusive Marriage' Dies - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Mum Of Four Who Refused To Walk Away From An 'Abusive Marriage' Dies (33897 Views)

White Lady Who Killed Nigerian Mum Of 4 In Florida Appears In Court (Pics/video) / Mum-Of-4 And Her 2-Year-Old Child Killed In Delta (Photos) / NDLEA Nabs Nigerian Mum-of-3 With 100 Wraps Of Cocaine In Her Private Part, Bag (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mum Of Four Who Refused To Walk Away From An 'Abusive Marriage' Dies by Ashawoman82: 6:30pm On Nov 05, 2023
ridwintin89:
what people don know about domestic violence is that majority of the problem are caused by women,but whenever fight broke out,men would be held responsible.It takes foolishness to live happily with women.They will abuse you, manipulate you,lie against you,cheat on you but still want you to take good care of them.
Is that not madness.Womem are scum
there's no excuse for beating a woman unless for self defence, imagine one dude beats Ur sister to unconscious state because she was nagging, how would u feel?
Re: Mum Of Four Who Refused To Walk Away From An 'Abusive Marriage' Dies by aremubabs: 6:30pm On Nov 05, 2023
Igbos and violence.

Men beating wives to death. Wives beating maids to death or coma.
Re: Mum Of Four Who Refused To Walk Away From An 'Abusive Marriage' Dies by guidelight: 7:01pm On Nov 05, 2023
Such an opinionated headline
Re: Mum Of Four Who Refused To Walk Away From An 'Abusive Marriage' Dies by frog12: 7:17pm On Nov 05, 2023
jesus did not cover this. when it becomes threatening, you pack out of the house. if the man doesn't change, you divorce. don't wait until life is wasted

Angelfrost:
I have seen a man beat up his 6-month pregnant wife till she became unconscious and lost her baby.

Thereafter, the parents and pastor came for reconciliation and convinced her to remain in the marriage, that "God had intervened against the devil"!

Many of you parents, church leaders, friends and peers will all suffer ànd burn in hell for encouraging women to remain in abusive marriages. Bastards!!!
Re: Mum Of Four Who Refused To Walk Away From An 'Abusive Marriage' Dies by wizod(m): 7:32pm On Nov 05, 2023
Kobojunkie:
And that is why she deserved to be abused in marriage and killed too? undecided
not at all but she killed herself out of foolishness and ignorance. Even the dead will not be happy with her for joining them
Re: Mum Of Four Who Refused To Walk Away From An 'Abusive Marriage' Dies by IamAsiri: 7:37pm On Nov 05, 2023
Magnoliaa:
Oh my God.

Just look at the men up there forming what I don't know.

As usual, a dead woman is always the perfect believable victim to y'all.

If this woman wasn't dead and she had bid her time later in the future to show him shege for all he's been doing to her now, the man will come out to cry wolf and all of them will take up charges behind him, demonising and cursing her out.

Because somehow in their brain, they cannot link domestic violence to a partner's revenge. Or that if a woman refuses to leave and/or pay back, she'll end up dead sooner or later.

Women die in their hundreds everyday from DV but one fool on Twitter was arguing about hypothetical cases of women lying against their husbands.

Shey this one has come to the end of her journey now? Torh. We'll talk and move on alright.

No need to even go that far to twitter. Some of them here on this platform were even commenting about how they were so sure that the woman who divorced her husband at the airport was lying and how all women are terrible and bla bla bla. They swing the way they like depending on the narrative that suits them. So far the woman takes all the blame, they are fine.

4 Likes

Re: Mum Of Four Who Refused To Walk Away From An 'Abusive Marriage' Dies by adicius: 8:36pm On Nov 05, 2023
It's them again. The sad easterners. May her soul rest in peace 🕊️
Re: Mum Of Four Who Refused To Walk Away From An 'Abusive Marriage' Dies by GreatAchiever1: 8:38pm On Nov 05, 2023
Princewell2012:

We are not used to reporting in Nigeria may be Africa. But in US, even your little kid can report his dad for beating him and the police will respond aproprately.

While I do not believe in divorce, if things like these can't be reprimanded by older men of the husband, then let the beatings continue, it may seem as though they are in support of the beating.
Re: Mum Of Four Who Refused To Walk Away From An 'Abusive Marriage' Dies by Shaneroberts: 8:46pm On Nov 05, 2023
Re: Mum Of Four Who Refused To Walk Away From An 'Abusive Marriage' Dies by Erikposi(m): 9:23pm On Nov 05, 2023
post=126803764:
Update From . COM

A Nigerian Mum of four has died after allegedly being subjected to domestic violence for years, Reports.

A Facebook User, Amarachi Iwuala, who shared the sad story, As Sighted By , alleged that the husband of the deceased over the years subjected her to domestic abuse. She said the husband one time, allegedly beat the wife until she became unconscious.

Amarachi said when advised to leave her marriage, the deceased who was nursing a seven-month-old baby, said she would walk away when her children were grown as they were still little. She said the mother of the deceased even asked her to walk away from the marriage, but she also refused.

Posting On Facebook, Amarachi Wrote;

‘’Another woman gone.

She was married to a man who was viôlent towards her. Not just viôlent, he would lock doors and windows, raise music volume, and then start béating her, so that help won't come for her.

One day he béat her till she was unconscious, the whole compound joined in rushing her to the hospital. After treatment, she came back to the same house.

People advised her to leave, she said her children were still little, she wanted them to grow a bit before she leaves. She wanted them to grow yet she was giving birth to more. She had four children, the last one is just 7 months old.

Two weeks ago, an old woman living in their compound called this lady's mother, asking her to come take her daughter if they still want her alive. The mother replied that the lady said she's not leaving.

This is why it's good to have some weyrey as a mother. Even if she doesn't want to leave, use vawulence and bring her out by force. O dighi apu àra.

Back to the story. Two days ago, that is Thursday 2nd November 2023, they woke up in the morning to hear the man béating the woman as usual.

After the béating, normal life continued. They said that night, the lady went about her normal chores, she stayed up till 11pm wasting and hanging cloths. Neighbors saw her.

They all woke up yesterday morning only to hear that the lady is déad. How?

The husband is saying he slept in the sitting room while she slept in the bedroom, that he only entered the room in the morning and found her dead.

Neighbors said her bed was soaked with water though, and there's still no explanation for that.

The husband is saying she should be buried immediately as he doesn't have money to pay mortuary bills.

The sad part, her father heard the news and had a heart attack, she was his only daughter. He was rushed to hospital, but news has it that he didn't make it.

Her 7month old baby cried the whole day and refused to eat every food that was offered her, she was looking for breast milk. She cried till she started running temperature.

See how many lives have been affected by her choices.

Four children rendered motherless. Only God knows what their fate will be, they'll probably be shared amongst relatives who may/may not treat them well.

I know all these because we have a mutual friend who was at their place yesterday to get first hand info. She was crying bitterly on phone while speaking to me, I told her to stop crying, the lady chose this.

The husband cannot even be held responsible. Police came, asked him questions and left.

We keep writing daily for women to learn, but some are determined to waste their lives.

Someone in an abûsive marriage will read this post and say "it's not my portion", and keep staying in the marriage.

Like I'll always say, we can't help everybody. Keep staying, keep waiting for your children to grow up, keep thinking of what society will say, keep thinking of how you'll survive, keep thinking if you'll find another man, keep thinking the children need a father, keep hoping he'll change. Just keep at it, since you have no value for the life you have.''

See Photos And Reaction As Obtained By Below:

Source: BLOG

Very bad.
Re: Mum Of Four Who Refused To Walk Away From An 'Abusive Marriage' Dies by NigerDD: 9:26pm On Nov 05, 2023
Evil Men! When they are asking you out, they will keep pretending like angels. Immediately they marry you, they reveal the beasts in them..... Men, stop treating your wives like trash.

2 Likes

Re: Mum Of Four Who Refused To Walk Away From An 'Abusive Marriage' Dies by HaneefahRN(f): 9:50pm On Nov 05, 2023
And that dangerous he goat will move on quickly to his next victim while the children she stayed for will be shared amongst family members who may or may not treat them well but at least she died a Mrs, good on her
Re: Mum Of Four Who Refused To Walk Away From An 'Abusive Marriage' Dies by SuccessfulRichi: 10:09pm On Nov 05, 2023
A Christian should be allowed to leave any marriage that has become physically abusive. Stop pushing these young women to their early graves and leaving their children motherless.[/quote]

Not a Matter of Christians or moslems. It's individual thing. I went to wedding in catholic church. After I listen to the priest preachings. I noticed they're a lot of changes in life and marriages. He was complaining of too many divorces and mostly iniated by women. Naija men and women should call themselves to order.

1 Like

Re: Mum Of Four Who Refused To Walk Away From An 'Abusive Marriage' Dies by Fearyourcreator: 10:24pm On Nov 05, 2023
Offpointng:
Ipob men has done it yet again. If their women are not beating their maids to death, the men are taking on their women. Is this a sign of Economic hardship??

It really baffles me when they comment as tho only SW is affected by the Economy and the SE is matching Dubai in every Ramifications. Nansense sad
Stop this abeg
Re: Mum Of Four Who Refused To Walk Away From An 'Abusive Marriage' Dies by Fearyourcreator: 10:26pm On Nov 05, 2023
maxiuc:
angry

Beat up my sister we go come your house give you serious flogging

If you are tired of the marriage send her home
Do you care what your sister does?
Re: Mum Of Four Who Refused To Walk Away From An 'Abusive Marriage' Dies by Fearyourcreator: 10:29pm On Nov 05, 2023
Image123:
Hmmm. Don't ever let a disagreement deteriorate to this extent. Sorry, please, thank you will help avert this. But claiming right is usually a problem.
If you must claim right, claim it from a safe place. It is well.
This is just it... I go dey tell my daughter no dey claim right for man place ... anything fit happen... if you see anger run ooo... no go dey close door today na today , you die you die ooo... cus na court the matter go go...

1 Like

Re: Mum Of Four Who Refused To Walk Away From An 'Abusive Marriage' Dies by Fearyourcreator: 10:29pm On Nov 05, 2023
kokakola:
Marriage is a good thing, forget what anyone is telling you about it.
The issues of marriage arises based on the two-individuals involved, not because marriage is bad but because the two people sail it without agreement.
I am Right, you are Wrong is the sole problem of the World of humans.
Am telling you ...
Re: Mum Of Four Who Refused To Walk Away From An 'Abusive Marriage' Dies by Fearyourcreator: 10:32pm On Nov 05, 2023
Triangles1:
Our African mother need to change their ways of thinking, they'll be forcing you to remain in abusive relationship just because of African believes that divorce is bad, now see the result.
Oga divorce is bad ... no start marriage you no fit keep... una go enter marriage finish most times cus of sex and money ... it requires real patience, man must mumu small , woman must be highly submissive else ... no so so break up claiming nonsense right from both parties
Re: Mum Of Four Who Refused To Walk Away From An 'Abusive Marriage' Dies by Emma09(m): 1:15am On Nov 06, 2023
Thank God I ended my toxic Marriage over 5yrs ago. Though, there was no violence recorded because I had vowed never to beat a woman in my life. Marriage no be by force o. African women see marriage as an achievement. Getting remarried again after 5yrs of Divorce. Marriage I still believe is sweet If u married the right person. I hope this new marriage works. Wetin i dey talk sef, It will work because i have learnt from my errors in my failed marriage.

1 Like

Re: Mum Of Four Who Refused To Walk Away From An 'Abusive Marriage' Dies by Success1975: 1:46am On Nov 06, 2023
That is a case of ine out of many cases. No woman should tolerate an abusive relationship. Let their be a temporary separation plz

ogascomax:
It's just a complicated matter sometimes. Some abusive marriage latter became beautiful at the end. My pastor told us today how his sister fought for her marriage. At some point it was truly an abusive marriage that the man even beat her while she was pregnant and almost lost the baby. Fast forward, latter she became born again and so did her husband. They are now living peacefully ever after.
It's a gamble so decide how to play it.
Re: Mum Of Four Who Refused To Walk Away From An 'Abusive Marriage' Dies by streetsoldier1(m): 6:58am On Nov 06, 2023
See mumu calculation from the woman..
.she wants to use the man's small money to raise the kids, then run away with the kids when she feels the burden is less..... When you marry a beast, leave for sale of your life and those that will be affected by your poor decision
Re: Mum Of Four Who Refused To Walk Away From An 'Abusive Marriage' Dies by VULCAN(m): 7:55am On Nov 06, 2023
When you are a functional Illiterate.

You can read but choose not too.

Anyone who read the report would know that the woman made her choice herself.

This one has issues with pastor's and even in this case where pastor did not influence her choice someone is transferring aggression

Apus:
There are even bruises allover her from the pics above, yet smiling. I'm sure she's a Christian.
Their God of men would've kept advising her to remain in the physically abusive marriage quoting this and that yet can't stand their own cheating partners for a day.

A Christian should be allowed to leave any marriage that has become physically abusive. Stop pushing these young women to their early graves and leaving their children motherless.
Re: Mum Of Four Who Refused To Walk Away From An 'Abusive Marriage' Dies by Apus: 8:28am On Nov 06, 2023
VULCAN:
When you are a functional Illiterate.

You can read but choose not too.

Anyone who read the report would know that the woman made her choice herself.

This one has issues with pastor's and even in this case where pastor did not influence her choice someone is transferring aggression

See yourself . You are an idiot. You don't even know the back story better than I. And don't treat this as an isolated case. No be yesterday dem born me.
Re: Mum Of Four Who Refused To Walk Away From An 'Abusive Marriage' Dies by woleabayo(f): 9:56am On Nov 06, 2023
na wa oo
Re: Mum Of Four Who Refused To Walk Away From An 'Abusive Marriage' Dies by Emilo(m): 10:26am On Nov 06, 2023
Significant reason most of these women dont leave is because they have no source of income or any other comfort zone to go to. If they do, i bet they’ll leave immediately
Re: Mum Of Four Who Refused To Walk Away From An 'Abusive Marriage' Dies by onome2013: 1:42pm On Nov 06, 2023
WHAT A MOTHER'S SACRIFICE. RIP

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Hackers Hit Atms In Lagos, Device Means To Collect Pins & ATM Card Data / Young Lady Runs Mad In Delta, After A Car Dropped Her Off - Facebook User / Osun Vigilante Member Kills Man For 'Having Illicit Affair With His Wife'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.