Stats: 3,151,603 members, 7,812,974 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:44 AM

Finally Got A Tech Job - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Finally Got A Tech Job (1142 Views)

I Finally Got A Job. Haters Should Bury Their Heads In Shame. / Finally Got A Badass Laptop After Months Of Saving, Come Celebrate With Me(pics) / I Got A Tech Job In Canada Without Learning How To Code (2) (3) (4)

Finally Got A Tech Job by DDayve: 4:08pm On Nov 05, 2023
niel63 and others who gave a constructive criticism when I posted my portfolio project here, I want to specially thank you.

After several failures and trials, I finally got a tech job as a front-end web developer.

I have been on my graduate job for 8yrs now but my first tech job which is remote pays me more. Funny enough, I still do both. My onsite job is presently not stressful, so I write code while at work using company power.

My advice to newbies, the road is not rosy but there is definitely gonna be light at the end of the road if you persist.

17 Likes

Re: Finally Got A Tech Job by Leun: 4:48pm On Nov 05, 2023
DDayve:
niel63 and others who gave a constructive criticism when I posted my portfolio project here, I want to specially thank you.

After several failures and trials, I finally got a tech job as a front-end web developer.

I have been on my graduate job for 8yrs now but my first tech job which is remote pays me more. Funny enough, I still do both. My onsite job is presently not stressful, so I write code while at work using company power.

My advice to newbies, the road is not rosy but there is definitely gonna be light at the end of the road if you persist.

Congratulations. What is your job discipline

Re: Finally Got A Tech Job by niel63(m): 6:30pm On Nov 05, 2023
DDayve:

Congratulations bro. 🎊

Happy to see you have a good result from filtering what we all say here.
Keep up the good work.

Re: Finally Got A Tech Job by DDayve: 6:34pm On Nov 05, 2023
niel63:

Congratulations bro. 🎊

Happy to see you have a good result from filtering what we all say here.
Keep up the good work.

Thanks boss. Much appreciation to you.
Re: Finally Got A Tech Job by Djamel(m): 6:37pm On Nov 05, 2023
Congratulations boss...keep winning......

i have few questions, hope you don't mind answering them.

1. How did you apply for the jobs
2. what was your previous job
3. What advice do you have for devs looking for similar role

i have been coding for awhile, i haven't gotten any jobs yet.
Re: Finally Got A Tech Job by importnobl: 11:57pm On Nov 05, 2023
Congratulations!!

Re: Finally Got A Tech Job by LikeAking: 9:40am On Nov 06, 2023
Congratulations!

Re: Finally Got A Tech Job by DDayve: 11:04am On Nov 06, 2023
LikeAking:
Congratulations!

Thanks boss

Re: Finally Got A Tech Job by DDayve: 11:10am On Nov 06, 2023
Djamel:
Congratulations boss...keep winning......

i have few questions, hope you don't mind answering them.

1. How did you apply for the jobs
2. what was your previous job
3. What advice do you have for devs looking for similar role

i have been coding for awhile, i haven't gotten any jobs yet.

1. I applied for jobs everywhere but mostly indeed and linkedin. The one I finally got is from LinkedIn.
Mind you, before getting this one, I have done atleast 7 interview job test that I failed.

2. I work as an Engineer in a a manufacturing firm. I still work there.

3. For Devs looking for similar role. Don't give up, keep learning and applying for jobs. Provided you don't give up, it will definitely pay someday.

Re: Finally Got A Tech Job by strictly4data: 6:16pm On Nov 06, 2023
Congratulations...

Re: Finally Got A Tech Job by Davidcorny: 8:59am On Nov 07, 2023
Congratulations 🎉

Re: Finally Got A Tech Job by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 9:36pm On Nov 07, 2023
DDayve:

1. I applied for jobs everywhere but mostly indeed and linkedin. The one I finally got is from LinkedIn.
Mind you, before getting this one, I have done atleast 7 interview job test that I failed.

2. I work as an Engineer in a a manufacturing firm. I still work there.

3. For Devs looking for similar role. Don't give up, keep learning and applying for jobs. Provided you don't give up, it will definitely pay someday.
Didn't they need work experience
Re: Finally Got A Tech Job by InteliJ(f): 9:29am On Nov 08, 2023
Congratulations
Re: Finally Got A Tech Job by DDayve: 7:50pm On Nov 08, 2023
BeLookingIDIOT:

Didn't they need work experience

I have work experience, perhaps not in a standard setting. I have been implementing my task so far without complain. In fact, I have more than earned their confidence.

Re: Finally Got A Tech Job by Djamel(m): 6:15pm On Nov 09, 2023
DDayve:

I have work experience, perhaps not in a standard setting. I have been implementing my task so far without complain. In fact, I have more than earned their confidence.

how did you get the work experience?

what are the tasks you perform in this new web developer job?
Re: Finally Got A Tech Job by DDayve: 4:32am On Nov 10, 2023
Djamel:

how did you get the work experience?

what are the tasks you perform in this new web developer job?

I have once written a complete Ponzi application from frontend to backend. Yeah. I gave a UI/UX designer to do the design but I built the app from start to finish, hosted it on AWS elastic beanstalk. The hosting just expired last month else I would have posted the URL here. While learning, I watched a very impacting MERN stack course. After finishing the course. I started all over again to build the application myself from start to finish and even incorporated many other features not in the first one. I have had many job test invites that has to do with building out what is existent in a figma file. Many of those jobs, I didn't get them but I make sure I build those things to completion. Those stuff made my hand very strong.

As it is, I hardly have any issue implementing JavaScript or CSS functionalities. So designing and translating design mockups and wireframes into functional and interactive web from a figma or other design tool is an easy deal for me.

In my present company, which is a start up, there is a Figma file I am working on along with another frontend guy. I met the guy there. So far, I have helped the guy implement 3 functionalities that he pended as a result of not being able to implement.

Re: Finally Got A Tech Job by ExplorerReturns(m): 8:12am On Nov 10, 2023
DDayve:

I have once written a complete Ponzi application from frontend to backend. Yeah. I gave a UI/UX designer to do the design but I built the app from start to finish, hosted it on AWS elastic beanstalk. The hosting just expired last month else I would have posted the URL here. While learning, I watched a very impacting MERN stack course. After finishing the course. I started all over again to build the application myself from start to finish and even incorporated many other features not in the first one. I have had many job test invites that has to do with building out what is existent in a figma file. Many of those jobs, I didn't get them but I make sure I build those things to completion. Those stuff made my hand very strong.

As it is, I hardly have any issue implementing JavaScript or CSS functionalities. So designing and translating design mockups and wireframes into functional and interactive web from a figma or other design tool is an easy deal for me.

In my present company, which is a start up, there is a Figma file I am working on along with another frontend guy. I met the guy there. So far, I have helped the guy implement 3 functionalities that he pended as a result of not being able to implement.

Motivating! I have been into web development for over 4 years but I wasted a lot of those years freelancing for Nigerians for peanuts.

I started applying on LinkedIn late September and I have been on 3 interviews and got 1 but had to quit after one week. I got a role as a full stack developer for a startup Portuguese company but we were just 3. There was no standard and we had problem with communication. The first guy can't speak English. The person that employed me could speak English but I couldn't understand what he says, maybe because of the Portuguese accent. We held meetings on LinkedIn which is very wrong because there was no screen sharing and he can't convey the task appropriately. The team was very inexperienced and had unrealistic expectations. Who builds e-commerce website in 24 hours? I had to quit in 1 week because I can't progress in that setting.

I have worked on a freelance basis for an American crypto startup for 6 months and the experience was amazing, unfortunately, the startup didn't succeed because the owners made mistakes during feasibility studies and we couldn't get the data we required from etherscan API to make the project work.

So I am currently looking for a full stack role in a north American or European company. If their is a vacancy in your company I am counting on you for a recommendation.

Re: Finally Got A Tech Job by Bedwetter: 8:25am On Nov 10, 2023
Writing code for a company that's not faang sucks

You are to experience severe burn out and mental trauma if it's a nigerian company
Re: Finally Got A Tech Job by Djamel(m): 8:22pm On Nov 11, 2023
DDayve:

Nice one boss....can i get the materials you used in learning......and also, can we connect on Whatsapp?
07048741936....i'd really appreciate.

Re: Finally Got A Tech Job by Djamel(m): 8:41pm On Nov 11, 2023
ExplorerReturns:

Motivating! I have been into web development for over 4 years but I wasted a lot of those years freelancing for Nigerians for peanuts.

I started applying on LinkedIn late September and I have been on 3 interviews and got 1 but had to quit after one week. I got a role as a full stack developer for a startup Portuguese company but we were just 3. There was no standard and we had problem with communication. The first guy can't speak English. The person that employed me could speak English but I couldn't understand what he says, maybe because of the Portuguese accent. We held meetings on LinkedIn which is very wrong because there was no screen sharing and he can't convey the task appropriately. The team was very inexperienced and had unrealistic expectations. Who builds e-commerce website in 24 hours? I had to quit in 1 week because I can't progress in that setting.

I have worked on a freelance basis for an American crypto startup for 6 months and the experience was amazing, unfortunately, the startup didn't succeed because the owners made mistakes during feasibility studies and we couldn't get the data we required from etherscan API to make the project work.

So I am currently looking for a full stack role in a north American or European company. If their is a vacancy in your company I am counting on you for a recommendation.

07048741936.....my number,lets connect on whatsapp boss

Come! Let's Make A Naija Based 3d Game / Ludo Game (advice Needed) / Where Can I Learn Android Programming In Asaba?