Stats: 3,152,359 members, 7,815,766 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

I Work From Home To Manage Cost Of Governance - Governor Alex Otti - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Work From Home To Manage Cost Of Governance - Governor Alex Otti (16583 Views)

Abia: We’re Cutting Down Cost Of Governance – Governor Otti / Governor Alex Otti Meets With President Tinubu (Photo) / Governor Alex Otti Monitors Abia Community Cleanup (Video, Photos) (2) (3) (4)

I Work From Home To Manage Cost Of Governance - Governor Alex Otti by Metrix147: 1:36am On Nov 06, 2023
Governor Alex Otti of Abia State has explained why he operates from home instead of the state government house, ABN TV reports.

According to him, he chose to work from home for the time being in order to manage the cost of governance.

Otti stated this during the weekend when he received the global leadership of the Seventh Day Adventist Church, led by Pastor Ted Wilson, who visited him in commemoration of the church’s centenary anniversary.

According to Otti: “Good governance starts with managing the cost of governance. If you’re not careful, the limited resources could be deployed to managing government rather than managing the governed.

“At the time we came in, in May, we found out that we were going to spend a whole lot of money fixing the Governor’s Office. Luckily, we have facilities here (at home) and are able to run from here.

“We will continue to do this until we have been able to deal with a lot of the hygiene problems, problems of health, problems of education and infrastructure, infrastructural decay, particularly in Aba, and a lot of the other hygiene problems we’re dealing with in the state.

“By the time we are finished with that and we have some elbow room, then we can now face the Governor’s Office. It’s not a priority.”

Source: https://abntv.com.ng/news/i-work-from-home-to-manage-cost-of-governance-gov-otti/

87 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Work From Home To Manage Cost Of Governance - Governor Alex Otti by agulion: 1:57am On Nov 06, 2023
God bless you Mr governor

160 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I Work From Home To Manage Cost Of Governance - Governor Alex Otti by yarimo(m): 2:22am On Nov 06, 2023
OTTI the scammer you are working from your private house, and yet you have collected house rent from ABIA STATE Government in millions to live in that same private house. Now you are claiming managing coast of governance as if you know what is good governernce.

45 Likes 15 Shares

Re: I Work From Home To Manage Cost Of Governance - Governor Alex Otti by TANID(m): 3:57am On Nov 06, 2023
Work From Home as A Governor

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Work From Home To Manage Cost Of Governance - Governor Alex Otti by MrBiGGEST(m): 4:02am On Nov 06, 2023
lipsrsealed
Better than okezie ikpeazu tho.

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Work From Home To Manage Cost Of Governance - Governor Alex Otti by FreeStuffsNG: 4:22am On Nov 06, 2023
Was his predecessor working from home too?

I just don't get it. So the security votes goes to providing state paraphernalia of security constitutionally meant for the office of the Governor for his private residence while the facility that is purpose-built for it lie idle. For how long should this be permitted?

Can't we have a law in place to give a deadline to such practices because of how sensitive the office of the Governor is. He is already being accused of fleecing Abia state and now this. Smh. Check my signature for free stuffs!

26 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Work From Home To Manage Cost Of Governance - Governor Alex Otti by michlins(m): 4:47am On Nov 06, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

I just don't get it. So the security votes goes to providing state paraphernalia of security constitutionally meant for the office of the Governor for his private residence while the facility that is purpose-built for it lie idle. For how long should this be permitted?

Can't we have a law in place to give a deadline to such practices because of how sensitive the office of the Governor is.
I don't usually agree with you but you have my support today.

Sensitive government informations and files should never be allowed into a private home. As a nation,we can not just be operating on the basis of "I know the best". There should be rules,rules which will overrule every individual choice

38 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Work From Home To Manage Cost Of Governance - Governor Alex Otti by allcomage: 4:48am On Nov 06, 2023
That's the kind of frugal mentality Peter Obi would have brought at Abuja to develop Nigeria not buying yacht, renovating used houses , buying 170m suvs, etc, as condict pipes to loot billions.

96 Likes 12 Shares

Re: I Work From Home To Manage Cost Of Governance - Governor Alex Otti by fx45(m): 4:59am On Nov 06, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Can't we have a law in place to give a deadline to such practices because of how sensitive the office of the Governor is.
Oga you're not from Abia so shut up and don't talk about things you don't know. There's a reason why the man doesn't use the Government House. It has zero to do with saving costs like he said. The man is fighting for his life. The moment he starts using that office, o ti lo. He's done for. I'm not sure Ikpeazu even used it for one day. The diabolism and witchcraft that has been installed in that place ehhhh, it would take a combination of Oyedepo, Adeboye, Kumuyi, etc to cleanse the place.

104 Likes 16 Shares

Re: I Work From Home To Manage Cost Of Governance - Governor Alex Otti by TruthsFM: 5:04am On Nov 06, 2023
Good move from governor Alex Otti

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Work From Home To Manage Cost Of Governance - Governor Alex Otti by bhella10: 5:06am On Nov 06, 2023
How long can Otti keep up with these shenanigans?

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Work From Home To Manage Cost Of Governance - Governor Alex Otti by bhella10: 5:11am On Nov 06, 2023
allcomage:
That's the kind of frugal mentality Peter Obi would have brought at Abuja to develop Nigeria not buying yacht, renovating used houses , buying 170m suvs, etc, as condict pipes to loot billions.
just like how he developed Anambra right?

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Work From Home To Manage Cost Of Governance - Governor Alex Otti by Godfullsam(m): 5:22am On Nov 06, 2023
fx45:
Oga you're not from Abia so shut up and don't talk about things you don't know. There's a reason why the man doesn't use the Government House. It has zero to do with saving costs like he said. The man is fighting for his life. The moment he starts using that office, o ti lo. He's done for. I'm not sure Ikpeazu even used it for one day. The diabolism and witchcraft that has been installed in that place ehhhh, it would take a combination of Oyedepo, Adeboye, Kumuyi, etc to cleanse the place.

Baba dey fear for him life.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Work From Home To Manage Cost Of Governance - Governor Alex Otti by Godfullsam(m): 5:24am On Nov 06, 2023
Remote staff

Re: I Work From Home To Manage Cost Of Governance - Governor Alex Otti by NaijaCover(m): 5:29am On Nov 06, 2023
No Be Small Thing ooooo

Re: I Work From Home To Manage Cost Of Governance - Governor Alex Otti by dominic17: 5:37am On Nov 06, 2023
This is what is leadership. prioritizing the people you lead first not that criminal in Abuja that's care only for himself, family and friends only to tell others to tighten their belt while he lives in luxury

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Work From Home To Manage Cost Of Governance - Governor Alex Otti by ndukwechinasa: 5:37am On Nov 06, 2023
yarimo:
OTTI the scammer you are working from your private house, and yet you have collected house rent from ABIA STATE Government in millions to live in that same private house. Now you are claiming managing coast of governance as if you are ready for good governernce.
Akpa Amu

40 Likes

Re: I Work From Home To Manage Cost Of Governance - Governor Alex Otti by jydeskill1(m): 5:37am On Nov 06, 2023
Dey play😂

Re: I Work From Home To Manage Cost Of Governance - Governor Alex Otti by Resetinc: 5:38am On Nov 06, 2023
Empty head politicians that have nothing to offer… only fools support these innovative-barren politicians..

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Work From Home To Manage Cost Of Governance - Governor Alex Otti by Onyema190: 5:38am On Nov 06, 2023
Nice one my governor. I thank God Almighty for giving us Alex Otti. Keep up the good work Sir!
Ride on Sir! We're solidly behind you Sir!

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Work From Home To Manage Cost Of Governance - Governor Alex Otti by ppogba: 5:38am On Nov 06, 2023
allcomage:

And by now would have doubled his investment in the brewery.

Your Mumu never do ?

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Work From Home To Manage Cost Of Governance - Governor Alex Otti by lolu2019: 5:39am On Nov 06, 2023
fx45:
I thought Igbo people are all christians.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Work From Home To Manage Cost Of Governance - Governor Alex Otti by godwinkessi: 5:41am On Nov 06, 2023
For those who don’t know, Abia has been paying for rent until Ikpeazu just built this nonsense He built as government house, it’s not even completed yet. Most abia governors collected rents and also operated from their hotel rooms. This man is different, he’s using the rent to achieve other things in the state.

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Work From Home To Manage Cost Of Governance - Governor Alex Otti by southsouthking(m): 5:42am On Nov 06, 2023
When the righteous rule, the people rejoice.
Setting the example right.

17 Likes

Re: I Work From Home To Manage Cost Of Governance - Governor Alex Otti by KingRex1(m): 5:42am On Nov 06, 2023
The only working gov in the south East

Re: I Work From Home To Manage Cost Of Governance - Governor Alex Otti by theophorus(m): 5:43am On Nov 06, 2023
Oshey!!!
Governor Don become remote Staff.

Oga, nobody fit solve half of the problem wen you list so, that excuse no dey valid at all.

But wetin be my own for Una matter? Abeg make you still dey enjoy your honeymoon joor, very soon, He go clear.

Re: I Work From Home To Manage Cost Of Governance - Governor Alex Otti by Bobloco: 5:50am On Nov 06, 2023
yarimo:
OTTI the scammer you are working from your private house, and yet you have collected house rent from ABIA STATE Government in millions to live in that same private house. Now you are claiming managing coast of governance as if you are ready for good governernce.

yarimo, Alex Otti is not a Scammer

But I can understand your pain, because you have never in your entire life come across purposeful leaders especially not when you support and encourage a notorious narcotics drug trafficker, a certified certificate forger to become president of Nigeria. A guinea pig student of government college lagos used to test run the school four years before it was founded.

You have been wired to believe that any individual who exhibit purposeful leadership is automatically a scammer.

Alex Otti had a distinguish career in the banking sector for decades before joining politics. He is here to work for the people of Abia. Know this and have peace

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Work From Home To Manage Cost Of Governance - Governor Alex Otti by Emetex22(m): 5:51am On Nov 06, 2023
bhella10:
just like how he developed Anambra right?
Any SW state comparable to Anambra minus Lagos the former nation's capital, name one state and don't quote that demonic IGR data, IGR that can't lift people out of abject poverty and continued borrowing, and while u choose ur state let's compare infrastructure, educational rank, out of state children, city structures

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Work From Home To Manage Cost Of Governance - Governor Alex Otti by Kam2021: 5:52am On Nov 06, 2023
As big as Abia,and money spinning Aba is,the past governors could not build a befitting government house. Na waooooohhhh
Some things should not be made public biko..

Re: I Work From Home To Manage Cost Of Governance - Governor Alex Otti by bhella10: 5:57am On Nov 06, 2023
Emetex22:

Any SW state comparable to Anambra minus Lagos the former nation's capital, name one state and don't quote that demonic IGR data, IGR that can't lift people out of abject poverty and continued borrowing, and while u choose ur state let's compare infrastructure, educational rank, out of state children, city structures
is Lagos part of SE? Educate yourself SW is top of the food chain. Any other region comes a distance second.

Re: I Work From Home To Manage Cost Of Governance - Governor Alex Otti by Chekwume16(m): 5:58am On Nov 06, 2023
I actually liked this otti but some of his utterances like this one make me doubt his sincerity. I just hope he is not playing on people's intelligence. How can you be working from home to cut cost of governance. The problem with governance in Nigeria has always been corruption and over bloated political appointees. He should stop playing to the gallery please.

Re: I Work From Home To Manage Cost Of Governance - Governor Alex Otti by Chasito(m): 6:00am On Nov 06, 2023
The last time I visited Umuahia Shame catch me, I just hope this new governor will work sha

Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police / Photo: Fashola Meets With Ambode & All APC Guber Aspirants For Reconciliation / EFCC Begins Phase Two Of $2.1b Arms Deal Probe

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70