Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,765 members, 7,813,537 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:36 PM

This Is Not A Good Period To Borrow Anybody Money - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / This Is Not A Good Period To Borrow Anybody Money (1395 Views)

What A Man That Earns 100k+ Told Me When I Wanted To Borrow N500 From Him / I'm Willing To Borrow Someone 300k As Long As You Get Me Legal Assurance / I Got A Job Without Knowing Any Senator, Minister Or Anybody In Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is Not A Good Period To Borrow Anybody Money by HugeElephant(f): 7:58am On Nov 06, 2023
Just as the thread title reads, trust me, this is not a good period to borrow anybody money in Nigeria.
Its easier to borrow money, it's another factor to pay back since "agreement is agreement".

No matter how honest and urgent the request can be, be sure it will be hard to get your money back. This is not because the person making the request is untruthful (sometimes they might be) but because it's very hard out here.
Expectations are different from reality now.

Its better you give out based on kindness or help rather than borrow anybody money right now.
Take this as a friendly warning not an advice

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Not A Good Period To Borrow Anybody Money by OgbeniOja1: 8:01am On Nov 06, 2023
Tinubu Tinubu Tinubu. You do this one

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Not A Good Period To Borrow Anybody Money by dopedan(m): 9:20am On Nov 06, 2023
Its never a good time to borrow money
If you want your friend to turn to your enemy borrow them money
Re: This Is Not A Good Period To Borrow Anybody Money by Livegamesonly(m): 9:56am On Nov 06, 2023
You are right man. I borrowed someone 50k last month with the hope that month ending I will get a refund after he is paid...Since then it's been story upon stories. I just tire. I know the person is not a chronic debtor but naija no easy. He is a married man mared with so much family matters. Me wey never marry sef is having it hard not to talk of married man.. I cant even complain..I just kept mum since..

Dont borrow people money now, especially married people..

NAIJA HARD...

9 Likes

Re: This Is Not A Good Period To Borrow Anybody Money by 1Sharon(f): 12:32pm On Nov 06, 2023
When people ask to borrow money what they really mean is 'give me money'

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Not A Good Period To Borrow Anybody Money by jackmrandy: 12:48pm On Nov 06, 2023
Absolutely right. if you have to borrow someone, give them what you can afford to let go. and most importantly learn how to say no. Saying no, I can't at this time now has really helped me alot.
Re: This Is Not A Good Period To Borrow Anybody Money by PARADIZEPRIEST: 1:05pm On Nov 06, 2023
YOU PEOPLE DONT UNDERSTAND THAT BORROWING IS WHAT GIVES RISE TO GOOD ECONOMY IF WELL UTILIZED.
THE USA IS THE HIGHEST DEBTOR IN THE WORLD,YET IT IS ALSO THE NUMBER ON ECONOMY IN THE WORLD.
THE ADVICE SHOULD BE LEND MONEY TO THOSE WHO HUSSLE GENUINELY TO MAKE GOOD INCOME. angrye,g These are those that run businesses or work monthLY pay jobs that you have verified as being honest with prudent lifestyle. If you don't borrow, currency will not circulate enough for economic expansion. So stop discouraging lending out money to credible borrowers. angry
Borrowing money in Africa is fraught with nonchalant attitude of I don't care to pay back, excuse of hard economy has nothing to do with it. IT IS A QUESTION OF CREDIBILITY AND QUESTIONABLE CHARACTERS AMONG NIGERIANS IN PARTICULAR. angry
Nigerian youths of people should learn good values from their forefathers
BORROW MONEY THAT YOU HAVE CAPACITY TO REPAY
WHEN THEY LEND YOU MONEY, TRY TO PAY BACK
DONT MESS UP THE LENDER WITH QUARRELS, AND THIS WILL MAKE OUR CURRENCY FLOW WELL SYSTEMICALLY LIKE IN EUROPE AND AMERICA angry

1 Like

Re: This Is Not A Good Period To Borrow Anybody Money by udede(m): 1:10pm On Nov 06, 2023
This word 'borrow' has assumed a new meaning in Nigeria such that even OAPs use it.

What ever happened to "lend"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Not A Good Period To Borrow Anybody Money by Blitzking: 1:50pm On Nov 06, 2023
To lend person money this period na like to play sporty bet..u ticket fit cut u go wish say u use money chop correct food for ur life..
Re: This Is Not A Good Period To Borrow Anybody Money by Raphwell: 2:49pm On Nov 06, 2023
dopedan:
Its never a good time to borrow money
If you want your friend to turn to your enemy borrow them money

Reminds me of victoR Calabar my friend who stoped picking my calls because he owe me.
Re: This Is Not A Good Period To Borrow Anybody Money by TimiRume(f): 3:57pm On Nov 06, 2023
Me that is looking for who will borrow me money like this but deep down I want the person to just give me. It's well
Re: This Is Not A Good Period To Borrow Anybody Money by LONEWOLFJOHN: 4:25pm On Nov 06, 2023
HugeElephant:
Just as the thread title reads, trust me, this is not a good period to borrow anybody money in Nigeria.
Its easier to borrow money, it's another factor to pay back since "agreement is agreement".

No matter how honest and urgent the request can be, be sure it will be hard to get your money back. This is not because the person making the request is untruthful (sometimes they might be) but because it's very hard out here.
Expectations are different from reality now.

Its better you give out based on kindness or help rather than borrow anybody money right now.
Take this as a friendly warning not an advice
you are very right, I borrowed my neighbor #100k yesterday, within me, I knew I wasn't going to get that money back but it become necessary. The wife is about to deliver, they have no food nothing, his salary hasn't been paid for the past four months, looking at the children and the pregnant woman obviously starving. I don't have option

3 Likes

Re: This Is Not A Good Period To Borrow Anybody Money by asakeaina: 5:58pm On Nov 06, 2023
LONEWOLFJOHN:
you are very right, I borrowed my neighbor #100k yesterday, within me, I knew I wasn't going to get that money back but it become necessary. The wife is about to deliver, they have no food nothing, his salary hasn't been paid for the past four months, looking at the children and the pregnant woman obviously starving. I don't have option

God bless you for this kindness to humanity!
Re: This Is Not A Good Period To Borrow Anybody Money by YoshihideSuga: 6:07pm On Nov 06, 2023
udede:
This word 'borrow' has assumed a new meaning in Nigeria such even OAPs use it.

What ever happened to "lend"

Nigerians are educated illiterates. The same people will chant that IELTS should be waived off for Nigerians.

Never should that happen!
Re: This Is Not A Good Period To Borrow Anybody Money by Starboytwo(m): 7:10pm On Nov 06, 2023
Abeg make he no pass 2k or 3k. Anything above that na hmmm.
Re: This Is Not A Good Period To Borrow Anybody Money by etrange: 7:54pm On Nov 06, 2023
The word you're looking for is "lend", not "borrow".
Re: This Is Not A Good Period To Borrow Anybody Money by Emma1Oj(m): 7:59pm On Nov 06, 2023
Blitzking:
To lend person money this period na like to play sporty bet..u ticket fit cut u go wish say u use money chop correct food for ur life..
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚werey

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Job Please / How Is Pricewaterhouse's Test Like? / After Nicon Results!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.