Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,021 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:25 AM

Sanofi To Discontinue Direct Operations In Nigeria - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Sanofi To Discontinue Direct Operations In Nigeria (20547 Views)

Why Sanofi Is Not Exiting Nigeria, Changing Its Global Business Model / Glaxosmithkline Ends Operations In Nigeria, After 51 Years / Kano Runs Out Of COVID-19 Test Kits, As Testing Center Suspends Operations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanofi To Discontinue Direct Operations In Nigeria by SuccessfulRichi: 11:15am On Nov 08, 2023
This is what we get when we vote a known thief, drugs lords and gangsters as leaders. WTF. Akpabio a questionable character, Tinubu a drugs Lord AKA Pablo Escobar. What do you expect in the international scene. Bleep tribalism, Bleep Nigeria bad leaders lastly Bleep Nigerians. They're all evil lazy Black animals undecided undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanofi To Discontinue Direct Operations In Nigeria by Vinnie2000(m): 11:16am On Nov 08, 2023
Angelfrost:

At this point, that drug can go as high as even 40k depending on the level of scarcity.

Especially now that it has to be sourced directly abroad.

So, don't be doubtful... You have no idea how wicked an average Nigerian businessman can be.

In Reality, can't be called wickedness. sad

Some of these Pharmaceutical companies must have imported ttheir Drugs.πŸ€”

+The Naira Exchange Rate Brouhaha.πŸ˜’πŸ˜’

For Instance with how DSTV/GOTV raised their subscription,
If a Viewing Centre owner raise his Fee from N200 to N300,
Would you blame him or call it wickedness?😏😟😟

2 Likes

Re: Sanofi To Discontinue Direct Operations In Nigeria by advanceDNA: 11:16am On Nov 08, 2023
Soliddust3030:

Bro to be honest with you she said 30k plus, I felt I didn't hear her properly cause I was cleaning up my compound. There was one other 1 she mentioned that next to augumentin that increased their price too because of demand, not zeethromax. Bro the people when talk that 35k they talk true.

Ur wife don add extra
Re: Sanofi To Discontinue Direct Operations In Nigeria by Angelfrost(m): 11:17am On Nov 08, 2023
Gandrova:
Get lost ! Can you name one single achievement made by your scammer Pithobi, when he was a governor.
He can never rule Nigeria.
We don't need a chronic liar as a president.

Oga, stay focused on the nation... Your country is bleeding badly on all sides.

Leave Obi alone abeg.

Obi is no longer anyone's problem... Nigeria is currently everyone's headache.

5 Likes

Re: Sanofi To Discontinue Direct Operations In Nigeria by Xturf: 11:17am On Nov 08, 2023
The thing is most of these companies evade taxes and cut corners to the detriment of Nigeria economy
SalamRushdie:
Harder times for Nigerians as leading international pharmaceutical Sanofi announces it's exit from the Nigerian market on the heels of GlaxoSmith exit...for those with interest in the the Pharmaceutics market this is a really huge blow as Sanofi is the last bastion for cheap quality antibiotics .

Why is the govt sitting back and allowing these guys leave like this?

https://pharmanewsonline.com/sanofi-to-discontinue-direct-operations-in-nigeria-soon/#:~:text=Sanofi%2DAventi%20Nigeria%2C%20a%20leading,operations%20in%20Nigeria%20in%202024.
Re: Sanofi To Discontinue Direct Operations In Nigeria by Nextt: 11:17am On Nov 08, 2023
To the corrupt leaders and their corrupt and ignorant followers. You think looting, embezzlement, misappropriation of public funds, and nepotism don't have a negative effect on the country?

You cannot keep milking sheep and starving them, but still expect them to be in top shape. it is gross and colossal stupidity that dwarfs mount Everest. The nephilim size of foolishness. Pay day has come.

3 Likes

Re: Sanofi To Discontinue Direct Operations In Nigeria by RepoMan007: 11:17am On Nov 08, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

The Chinese and the Indians are outcompeting them. They will come back some day after they have restrategized. In business, you innovate or die.

Now Sanofi will free up more cash to improve their margins and make their products more competitive against generic products coming from China and India. Our indigenous pharmaceutical companies doing importation business only should learn from this because some day, same thing that is happening to Sanofi today will happen to them. Check my signature for free stuffs!
Anything to absolve your darling daddy of incompetence.
They can't repatriate profit freely. Can't bring in materials freely. Patronage is down due to weak naira.

7 Likes

Re: Sanofi To Discontinue Direct Operations In Nigeria by benardtotti(m): 11:18am On Nov 08, 2023
SalamRushdie:
Harder times for Nigerians as leading international pharmaceutical Sanofi announces it's exit from the Nigerian market on the heels of GlaxoSmith exit...for those with interest in the the Pharmaceutics market this is a really huge blow as Sanofi is the last bastion for cheap quality antibiotics .

Why is the govt sitting back and allowing these guys leave like this?

https://pharmanewsonline.com/sanofi-to-discontinue-direct-operations-in-nigeria-soon/#:~:text=Sanofi%2DAventi%20Nigeria%2C%20a%20leading,operations%20in%20Nigeria%20in%202024.

OP did you read this news and letter well? They are transforming their business model and not discontinuing service .
Re: Sanofi To Discontinue Direct Operations In Nigeria by Angelfrost(m): 11:20am On Nov 08, 2023
Vinnie2000:

In Reality, can't be called wickedness. sad

Some of these Pharmaceutical companies must have imported ttheir Drugs.πŸ€”

+The Naira Exchange Rate Brouhaha.πŸ˜’πŸ˜’

For Instance with how DSTV/GOTV raised their subscription,
If a Viewing Centre owner raise his Fee from N200 to N300,
Would you blame him or call it wickedness?😏😟😟

Boss, I know what I am saying.

I know someone who stocked and hoarded Skineal cream many years back.

He counted on scarcity, and it happened... He made a killing on that product.

Face masks during COVID-19 nko?!!

I even know someone that bought and hoarded Augmentin and Ventolin Inhalers... Can you begin to imagine the massive profits he has made so far?!!

Guy, I know Naija business people like the back of my hand. tongue

3 Likes

Re: Sanofi To Discontinue Direct Operations In Nigeria by tonididdy(m): 11:24am On Nov 08, 2023
horsepower102:
The truth is that Nigeria’s only hope to attract FDI is their diaspora.

When the diaspora invest and succeed, it gives other foreign investors confidence to also invest.

This past election left a bitter taste and has drastically reduced diaspora remittances.

The only thing Nigeria can do it to elect a good transparent leader that will restructure and open up the economy while actively engaging the diaspora to come home to invest.

...and what will do newbie diaspora investment do differently than old time professional investors?
Re: Sanofi To Discontinue Direct Operations In Nigeria by nedekid: 11:24am On Nov 08, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
How much drugs like Augmentin go com b bayi? πŸ™†
19 to 20k as at today.
Next few weeks, e go enter 25-30k.
If persin no get money, na to follow agbo or shout Emilokan, instantly the medicine go fall from sky. Lol

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanofi To Discontinue Direct Operations In Nigeria by storm001(m): 11:26am On Nov 08, 2023
Solsix:
Renewed hope

Shege you mean

1 Like

Re: Sanofi To Discontinue Direct Operations In Nigeria by blowjohn(m): 11:27am On Nov 08, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
I thought is made by Sanofi. Thanks

No. Glaxo.

Re: Sanofi To Discontinue Direct Operations In Nigeria by horsepower102: 11:28am On Nov 08, 2023
tonididdy:

...and what will do newbie diaspora investment do differently than old time professional investors?

Nigeria has a lot of successful people with companies in the diaspora. I have been privileged to meet some. A lot of those people would easily set up business in Nigeria if they were confident in the direction that the country was headed.
Re: Sanofi To Discontinue Direct Operations In Nigeria by Chibuezem(m): 11:30am On Nov 08, 2023
horsepower102:
The truth is that Nigeria’s only hope to attract FDI is their diaspora.

When the diaspora invest and succeed, it gives other foreign investors confidence to also invest.

This past election left a bitter taste and has drastically reduced diaspora remittances.

The only thing Nigeria can do it to elect a good transparent leader that will restructure and open up the economy while actively engaging the diaspora to come home to invest.

Did you say elect?
That's impossible bro.
Re: Sanofi To Discontinue Direct Operations In Nigeria by Bigkoko: 11:30am On Nov 08, 2023
We know the side wey dey always commit sucide. Na dem dey vote crooks, certificate forgers and drug dealers, yet na them dey commit sucide pass!

One sick fool here who was shouting Jagaban up & down is seriously sick and i hope he learn from his foolishness, in case he survive.

Yujin:
E go reach everybody. Expect more suicide between today and January 31st.
Nigeria will make headlines for very ugly deaths in the international media.
Anyone that protests should be shot.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanofi To Discontinue Direct Operations In Nigeria by Yestogood: 11:32am On Nov 08, 2023
BigBlackPreek:
Unfavourable government conditions push them out! Pathetic!

In fact, politics is the only industry that can survive in the conditions we find the country in at the moment.

1 Like

Re: Sanofi To Discontinue Direct Operations In Nigeria by comodo: 11:32am On Nov 08, 2023
HateBigots:

As expected 🀣..Sunkanmi .
Waiting for your fellow Zomb LeoDeTribalist to mention Obi or IPOB.
Can't believe that a sane human just mentioned Chinese drugs. I don't think he knows the quality of drugs those slit eyed midgets ship to Africa. Pathetic I must say.
Re: Sanofi To Discontinue Direct Operations In Nigeria by IVORY2009(m): 11:33am On Nov 08, 2023
Solsix:
Renewed hope

Renewed shege grin grin

1 Like

Re: Sanofi To Discontinue Direct Operations In Nigeria by Blazebond(m): 11:34am On Nov 08, 2023
Oya IPOB and Peter obi and labour apologists una food don come,oya make una come rejoice as usual, useless spiteful people with their evil wishes,all of una when nor wish Nigeria well nor go ever better pass Nigeria.
Any company that wants to go can go nobody cares,it is time for us to begin embracing the model of self-sustainancy and self-sufficiency,this people have their hidden motives for why they are leaving,it is no longer business as usual,some of them where granted huge tax waivers by previous regimes and also allowed to get away with capital flight without proper supervision,I believe in the mantra if no-vacancy and I believe that the space that they have left will be filled by others soon be it local of foreign pharmaceutical companies and as for you all that are shouting "augmentin" up and down,go and buy the locally produced antibiotics that works same as augmentin.our appetite for foreign goods and even services is our biggest bane.
Re: Sanofi To Discontinue Direct Operations In Nigeria by horsepower102: 11:34am On Nov 08, 2023
Chibuezem:
Did you say elect?
That's impossible bro.

Well thats the only choice. If people on the outside don’t fell confidence in Nigeria’s leadership, they will never invest their hard earned money.

India, Vietnam, and Bangladesh are developing because their diaspora initially came back and started companies.
Re: Sanofi To Discontinue Direct Operations In Nigeria by osazee12(m): 11:36am On Nov 08, 2023
The third party is most likely WWWCVL or Assene. A lot of the big pharma companies are mitigating their exposure to the Nigerian market by adopting this model.
Re: Sanofi To Discontinue Direct Operations In Nigeria by SalamRushdie: 11:39am On Nov 08, 2023
benardtotti:

OP did you read this news and letter well? They are transforming their business model and not discontinuing service .

Is that not the same thing GSK said ? Can u afford any GSK product today ?

1 Like

Re: Sanofi To Discontinue Direct Operations In Nigeria by SalamRushdie: 11:40am On Nov 08, 2023
Xturf:
The thing is most of these companies evade taxes and cut corners to the detriment of Nigeria economy

Sanofi doesn't evade Tax ...

2 Likes

Re: Sanofi To Discontinue Direct Operations In Nigeria by nedekid: 11:46am On Nov 08, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

The Chinese and the Indians are outcompeting them. They will come back some day after they have restrategized. In business, you innovate or die.

Now Sanofi will free up more cash to improve their margins and make their products more competitive against generic products coming from China and India. Our indigenous pharmaceutical companies doing importation business only should learn from this because some day, same thing that is happening to Sanofi today will happen to them.Check my signature for free stuffs!
Must you defend crap with this rubbish you spewed? Sometimes it is wise to keep ones mouth shut.
How can you with all sense of responsibility claim generic products are chasing out proper medication and hence the legacy companies are leaving? Instead of tackinling the main issues such as operating cost with eg diesel at ₦1300 per liter, the exchange rate at 1150 to $1, poor electricity supply, inability to repatriate sales, poor purchasing power etc.
Oga, Friday, I bought 60l of diesel, Saturday, 300l, yesterday ie Tuesday 450l ie ₦1,053,000. I doubt will last till Friday ie 1 week.
Now you then talk of company running 1000kva gen, and think they can sustain spending eg 3m daily on diesel? Do you know there are equipments that can not be turned off? Go to clinix Medicare at illupeju as see the heavy equipments they have to power 24 hours non stop. If clinix changes their model tomorrow, you will say local conershop quack labs are chasing them by giving competition.

4 Likes

Re: Sanofi To Discontinue Direct Operations In Nigeria by Image123(m): 11:49am On Nov 08, 2023
Kukutente23:

So what exactly is your point

Point is stop playing politics with Nigeria and Nigerians.
Re: Sanofi To Discontinue Direct Operations In Nigeria by JOemmy(m): 11:50am On Nov 08, 2023
Tntsi:
We warned them.

We warned about the consequences of desecrating our nation for criminals, they fell on deaf ears.
We warned about removing the ancient landmark of the land to suit criminals, they blocked their ears.
We warned that our nation was at the edge of collaspe and divinity selected OBIDATTI to pull out the nation from death.
We warned that even if tinubu and his criminal gang employed angels, that nothing good will come out from it.

We are warning again!!! Nigeria is operating under a cursed leadership and mandate . From executive to judiciary to legislature, the desecration of the land has brought a curse on the land.

Nigeria as a nation will be hit with the consequences until the desecrators are taken away.

Individuals with clean hands and heart, divinity will see you through.

Nigerians are suicidal people only a suicidal people will ignore all the red flags and still go ahead to vote mr bulaba and his apc party that every sane person knows brought nothing but destruction to nigeria since 2015.

1 Like

Re: Sanofi To Discontinue Direct Operations In Nigeria by Kennydoc(m): 11:50am On Nov 08, 2023
Kukutente23:
Wow. Good. We have to kill importation according to Tinubu's agbado irritants. Local production is the way to go!!
Agbo jedi is a good substitute to the chalks and powders these people claim to be making. Iya Alagbo will earn us badly needed forex to turn our economy around.
The failed pharmacist hawking audio free stuffs can now dust his pharmacy Certificate and provide jobs in the pharmaceutical sector instead of hating on doctors out of inferiority complex

Is the guy a pharmacist?
Re: Sanofi To Discontinue Direct Operations In Nigeria by nedekid: 11:51am On Nov 08, 2023
Blazebond:
Oya IPOB and Peter obi and labour apologists una food don come,oya make una come rejoice as usual, useless spiteful people with their evil wishes,all of una when nor wish Nigeria well nor go ever better pass Nigeria.
Any company that wants to go can go nobody cares,it is time for us to begin embracing the model of self-sustainancy and self-sufficiency,this people have their hidden motives for why they are leaving,it is no longer business as usual,some of them where granted huge tax waivers by previous regimes and also allowed to get away with capital flight without proper supervision,I believe in the mantra if no-vacancy and I believe that the space that they have left will be filled by others soon be it local of foreign pharmaceutical companies and as for you all that are shouting "augmentin" up and down,go and buy the locally produced antibiotics that works same as augmentin.our appetite for foreign goods and even services is our biggest bane.
Folks like you don't live in naija, you write from abroad.
2 weeks ago, 2 of the stunchest apc supporters, right from the time of buhari till this present regime we saw on fb have relocated to Canada with their families.
One of them spoken to said he saw no future for his family any longer in naija. So niggar was processing Canadian japa yet fostering two desasters on Nigerians?

2 Likes

Re: Sanofi To Discontinue Direct Operations In Nigeria by holicupp(m): 11:55am On Nov 08, 2023
It's getting out of hand na to cross border be next available option if not very soon people will start eating themselves

1 Like

Re: Sanofi To Discontinue Direct Operations In Nigeria by Kukutente23: 11:56am On Nov 08, 2023
Image123:

Point is stop playing politics with Nigeria and Nigerians.
Who is playing politics with Nigeria and Nigerians?
Those who choose to be selectively blind because their favourite politicians are at the helm or what?

You say most people don't know Sanofi but I can bet many have used their drugs even without knowing them. So you are focusing on people's knowledge of the company while ignoring the effect of the withdrawal on the life of people.

I ask again who is playing politics with Nigeria and Nigerians?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

AIDS Vaccine Passes Key Early Test / Neolife's Tre-en-en Grain Concentrates In 60 And 120 Capsules / Suspected Zaria Ebola Case Tests Negative, Confirmed To Have Leukaemia.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.