Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,372 members, 7,822,752 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

Sanofi To Discontinue Direct Operations In Nigeria - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Sanofi To Discontinue Direct Operations In Nigeria (20598 Views)

Glaxosmithkline Ends Operations In Nigeria, After 51 Years / Kano Runs Out Of COVID-19 Test Kits, As Testing Center Suspends Operations / Coronavirus: Osagie Ehanire Visits Lagos Emergency Operations Centre. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanofi To Discontinue Direct Operations In Nigeria by Elonmuzk(m): 9:40pm On Nov 08, 2023
Another company bites the dust, brace up for the impact folks.
Re: Sanofi To Discontinue Direct Operations In Nigeria by ManOfMan: 10:03pm On Nov 08, 2023
horsepower102:
The truth is that Nigeria’s only hope to attract FDI is their diaspora.

When the diaspora invest and succeed, it gives other foreign investors confidence to also invest.

This past election left a bitter taste and has drastically reduced diaspora remittances.

The only thing Nigeria can do is to elect a good transparent leader that will restructure and open up the economy while actively engaging the diaspora to come home to invest.

Did you say elect? Does anyone's vote count in this country? In the last election, we elected the leaders we wanted but "they" selected the ones that suited their unpatriotic intentions
Re: Sanofi To Discontinue Direct Operations In Nigeria by Fujiyama: 10:12pm On Nov 08, 2023
AbuTwins:
Wema Bank for example posted over 100% profit!

^^^
undecided

For which period?
Re: Sanofi To Discontinue Direct Operations In Nigeria by Image123(m): 12:38am On Nov 09, 2023
emmanuelbrown26:

I'm into d line so stop talking about what u know nothing about.

People who have NEVER heard the name "SANOFI" before will wail uncontrollably even than their employees just for political ejaculation.
Re: Sanofi To Discontinue Direct Operations In Nigeria by AbuTwins: 5:42am On Nov 09, 2023
AgubataAkokwa:

If the shege no reach you, e go reach your relatives. You are just exposing your ewedu mentality in public. Bros pity your psych naa

God Bless MNK

God go bless you as he bless am with jail.
Re: Sanofi To Discontinue Direct Operations In Nigeria by emmanuelbrown26: 7:36am On Nov 09, 2023
Image123:

People who have NEVER heard the name "SANOFI" before will wail uncontrollably even than their employees just for political ejaculation.
But ronu people has being protesting on d hardship na
Re: Sanofi To Discontinue Direct Operations In Nigeria by Image123(m): 9:46am On Nov 09, 2023
emmanuelbrown26:

But ronu people has being protesting on d hardship na

i don't know what you're talking about. Have a good day.
Re: Sanofi To Discontinue Direct Operations In Nigeria by emmanuelbrown26: 11:00am On Nov 09, 2023
Image123:

i don't know what you're talking about. Have a good day.

Re: Sanofi To Discontinue Direct Operations In Nigeria by sukkot: 12:38pm On Nov 16, 2023
grin grin grin grin
Treadway:
Lol.

I mean if Nigerian Breweries that has been largely and vastly profitable for decades even before I was born can now be posting billions of naira as losses no thanks to harsh business environment, insanely high operating costs/business overheads and the final nail in the coffin called naira devaluation, then that should tell you things are beyond f**ked.

Which is why I jus dey laff when my bro Sukkot is saying people shouldn't hold dollars. All these companies that are in trouble now are majorly in trouble because they did not hold their earnings in a stable currency. Any company that didn't convert their earnings/profit from last FY are already fu*ked by that singular move. Most have been outrightly liquidated and the effect is what we are seeing. Imagine making 5 billion in profit and holding that in naira only for it to be devalued losan kan oru Kan. Now it is time to buy materials for production and suddenly your whole profit of 5b is not enough to even buy what you would have bought for say 3b before. Before you'd have pocketed 2b for your hard work, but now you have no profit and don't even have enough money to buy the materials to continue production.

Same with individuals, just by holding naira you are f**king poorer by the minute. No be sere sere this thing wey dey unfold.

lol Chief na temporary setback ooooo. When dem faya that refinery next month all ya USA dollars go turn to Zimbabwe dollars ooo πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„
Re: Sanofi To Discontinue Direct Operations In Nigeria by Swiftgrp: 1:32pm On Nov 19, 2023
YouAreNobody:

Obi would never have plunged this country into this sort of quagmire as Tinubu is.

You claim Tinubu built Lagos but even you know Lagos was Nigeria's capital for 77 years, and was built by the British. It's just like Wike coming tomorrow to claim he built Abuja.

Let me come into your convo with the other guy.

The colonial administrative CAPITAL of Nigeria from 1914 to 1991[77 years] was LAGOS ISLAND and NOT Lagos State. The British LEFT in 1960 so how did the British build Lagos State which only came into existence on May 27th, 1967? This is how a lot of the younger ones who embarassingly don't pay attention to details fail their history examinations or conversations. NO person of the older generation right up to those born in the 1970s would keep make this mistake of referring to Lagos State as the former capital because Lagos State which has many towns is different from the island-city of Lagos Island. Lagos Island is less than 2 percent [2%] of the current landmass of the much bigger Lagos State which Governor Tinubu was in charge of and laid a LONG-TERM MASTER PLAN for other Lagos State Governors to follow to the letter. [Enugu city is the current capital of Enugu State and Enugu city is also different from the larger Enugu State which has many other towns].

Lagos State came into existence for the very first time on May 27th, 1967 among 12 new states that General Yakubu Gowon's government created for the indigenes after due consultations. Chief Harold Dappa-Biriye [the father of Ijaw nationalism from Bonny Island] and other Rivers State leaders of thought like Ken Saro-Wiwa [the Ogoni and Nigerian icon] had several meetings with Gowon from 1966 to 1967 on the importance of creating new states and Gowon accepted their demands. Is it too difficult for some people to GRASP this simple fact of political history?

Second, before Tinubu came onboard, Lagos State was in a complete shambles or decay in terms of infrastructure that the brutal Military governance had ruined! Yes from 1999 to 2007 when he was Governor, Tinubu and his team laid the foundation for the renewal of Lagos State and increased the IGR from the trash that it was to becoming the biggest in the whole of Nigeria by using his accounting background thanks to OBJs withholding of Lagos State's Federal allocations for months. At the end of the day, Lagos State ended up making MORE yearly IGR than the so-called Federal allocations. When Fashola took over from Tinubu, he proudly stated that without the annoying Federal allocations, Lagos State can SURVIVE on it's own. These are the FACTS that some of us witnessed before leaving Nigeria years back to become Diasporans while coming back on regular visits.

The LONG-TERM MASTER PLAN of Lagos State was put in place by Tinubu and his dynamic economic team thereby leading to many legacy project being sited in Lagos State such as the Lekki Deep Sea Port, expansion of the Lekki Peninsula corridor, the blue and red rail lines, the Lekki Export Free Trade Zone, etc, all of which the then Governor Tinubu initiated and were completed according to the LONG-TERM MASTER PLAN of Lagos State.

The major problem which Lagos State faces has to do with the migration of people from their badly run states to overcrowd Lagos and indeed Port Harcourt, Abuja, and Kano are experiencing the inflow of WAR and ECONOMIC MIGRANTS thereby putting pressure on facilities and this is why it seems Lagos is regressing in some areas but they are doing their best so they are NOT accused of kicking fellow Nigerians out.
Re: Sanofi To Discontinue Direct Operations In Nigeria by Treadway: 8:46pm On Nov 22, 2023
sukkot:
grin grin grin ;Dlol Chief na temporary setback ooooo. When dem faya that refinery next month all ya USA dollars go turn to Zimbabwe dollars ooo πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„
the thing I love about facts so much is that they don't bend, and everything I said is the FACT....and the evidence like the few below are everywhere. Make we dey watch as every every unfolds sha...I never see wetin go make me hold my funds in Naira anytime soon. Only my car business and my main business capital which I keep cycling na im dey linked to naira. Everything other savings na USD and I no fear one teensy weensy bit😎

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nma Strike: The Patients's Perspective / Neolife's Tre-en-en Grain Concentrates In 60 And 120 Capsules / 2,131 Pregnant Women Test Positive To HIV In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.