Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,621 members, 7,813,049 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:42 AM

Anambra Will Not Tolerate Louts, Thuggery — Soludo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Will Not Tolerate Louts, Thuggery — Soludo (6292 Views)

Anambra Will Not Obey Sit-at-home Orders – Soludo / Maduka: Anambra Will Produce Mobile Phones, Four Years As Governor / 2019: Anambra Will Give Buhari 70 Percent Of Votes – Ngige (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra Will Not Tolerate Louts, Thuggery — Soludo by SmartPolician: 9:20am On Nov 08, 2023
The Governor of Anambra State, Charles Soludo, on Tuesday, said his administration has zero tolerance for louts who disturb the peace of the state.

This was as Soludo argued that Anambra is among the top three safest states nationwide.

“Anambra is calm, very calm Security, law and order is our priority. We don’t condone louting,” Soludo told State House Correspondents after he emerged from closed-door talks with Vice President Kashim Shettima at the Presidential Villa, Abuja on Tuesday evening.

He warned that persons perpetrating crime and extorting businesses through illegal revenue collection must desist or face the full wrath of the law.

Soludo said, “I can tell you it (Anambra) should be certainly one of the top three in terms of safety of lives and property.

“Security, law and order is our priority, we don’t condone touting.

“All these people collecting illegal revenue and trying to extort and expropriate from people innocently will be kicked out.”

In mid-October 2023, the Obosi community in Idemili North Local Government Area of Anambra State declared war against criminals.

This followed episodes of criminal activities ranging from drug and cult-related activities leading to several killings, including the murder of a former President-General.

About three weeks earlier, the Anambra State Joint Enforcement Team of Operation Clean and Healthy Anambra (OCHA Brigade) said it arrested 14 suspects using fake military uniforms to commit criminal activities in Onitsha and its environs.

The Managing Director of OCHA Brigade, Celestine Anere, said the suspects were arrested across various locations in Onitsha.

Over 600 persons identified as touts were arrested in different parts of Onitsha and its environs in the past week.

The state government says the campaign is its persistence on the war against touting recently declared by Governor Soludo during the recent launching of an anti-tout squad known as the State Anti-Touting Squad.

At the State House, Governor Soludo stressed Anambra’s status as the home of commerce, adding that the state government entertains the harassment of citizens by touts.

“Anambra is a state home of commerce and we don’t want people harassing others who come in and we have zero tolerance for that kind of miscreants,” he stated.

Soludo assured citizens that his administration is ready to train as many who are interested in acquiring various skills and will also provide them with start-up funds.

He explained, “We have a message for them, if you need a job, just come out. we give you training and we have some start-up funds for you to begin afresh and take a new life.

“But if you choose to expropriate from others innocently then we have no room for that in Anambra state.

“So if you are a tout go else but if you are productive engagement, that’s Anambra, it is a home of enterprise not a home for lazy people who want to get something from nothing.”
Source: https://punchng.com/anambrall-not-tolerate-louts-thuggery-soludo/

12 Likes

Re: Anambra Will Not Tolerate Louts, Thuggery — Soludo by SmartPolician: 9:22am On Nov 08, 2023
Soludo and his cabinet members have been visiting Lagos to watch how LASG runs the state. Sanwo-Olu should grow some balls and take a cue from Soludo. You cannot build a megacity overrun by touts, miscreants and thugs.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra Will Not Tolerate Louts, Thuggery — Soludo by mcmurphy132(m): 9:23am On Nov 08, 2023
People from that state
are known for stealing and thuggery

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Anambra Will Not Tolerate Louts, Thuggery — Soludo by benuejosh: 9:26am On Nov 08, 2023
Make i put mouth for this South East matter.

What gave rise to this thuggery and touts in Anambra is the mentality that "i get billionaire for my village" "Nwanne, Obi Cubana na my village him come, nnam the man geti money o. Nothing go happened"

Go to school, mba! Na trade i wan do. I go serve oga make him settle me. Small time now, "nwanne madu! This thing the take time o. I need sharp sharp something. Oga business sef nothing the come. I wan make i for build that village house next year max" before you know, kidnapping, arm robbery, stealing, thuggery, touting has all set in. Just because Chukwudi don the build house for village and don buy Mercedes 190 or Volvo, Emeka is ready to do any crime just to make it. Any petty crime. Too much crime in the South East.

The build house for village mentality is what is causing so much crime among Igbos and the reasons they are ready to do any illegal thing for money. They can put themselves under so much pressure just because, their friend that they were growing together has opened a corner shop and is selling spare parts and seeing money to buy Mercedes-Benz 190 or V-boot. They just want to impress their peer group and village people. Imagine Igbos insulting another person for not burying the parent in a flamboyant manner. Pressure! Too much crime.

Sometimes i feel the highest number of criminal activities in Nigeria come from and started from a particular region that i am yet to get a valid data to mention the region by name then spread to other regions in the country.

'I comment my reserve' till further subject matter.

29 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Anambra Will Not Tolerate Louts, Thuggery — Soludo by Anambra1stSon2: 9:28am On Nov 08, 2023
mcmurphy132:
People from that state
Southwest is the headquarter of thuggery and stealing in Nigeria we saw what happened during last general election

27 Likes

Re: Anambra Will Not Tolerate Louts, Thuggery — Soludo by Anambra1stSon2: 9:28am On Nov 08, 2023
benuejosh:
'I comment my reserve'
Okay
Re: Anambra Will Not Tolerate Louts, Thuggery — Soludo by BigBlackPreek(m): 9:29am On Nov 08, 2023
Chukwuma Charles Soludo a working governor indeed!

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Will Not Tolerate Louts, Thuggery — Soludo by Makunahatata: 9:29am On Nov 08, 2023
Agbero for Lagos compared to the ones in the East are learners.. I just dey look dose ppl wey dey hype Lagos thugs... Na we wey serve fr East Sabi true definition of thuggery and criminality..... especially Anambra 😒

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anambra Will Not Tolerate Louts, Thuggery — Soludo by Anambra1stSon2: 9:37am On Nov 08, 2023
Makunahatata:
Agbero for Lagos compared to the ones in the East are learners.. I just dey look dose ppl wey dey hype Lagos thugs... Na we wey serve fr East Sabi true definition of thuggery and criminality..... especially Anambra 😒

Agbero in the whole of Anambra no reach just one street in Lagos not to talk of Ogun and Oyo, Agbero originated from Yoruba land your people adore them

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Will Not Tolerate Louts, Thuggery — Soludo by Anambra1stSon2: 9:40am On Nov 08, 2023
Makunahatata:
You know why drugs abuse is highest in Southwest

17 Likes

Re: Anambra Will Not Tolerate Louts, Thuggery — Soludo by Christistruth03: 9:54am On Nov 08, 2023
Anambra1stSon2:

Southwest is the headquarter of thuggery and stealing in Nigeria we saw what happened during last general election

Makunahatata:

Onitsha upper Iweka head Bridge you mean

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anambra Will Not Tolerate Louts, Thuggery — Soludo by christejames(m): 9:58am On Nov 08, 2023
Just work the talk Mr governor undecided

1 Like

Re: Anambra Will Not Tolerate Louts, Thuggery — Soludo by Anambra1stSon2: 9:58am On Nov 08, 2023
Christistruth03:

Onitsha upper Iweka head Bridge you mean
Agbero in Onitsha no reach one street in Lagos, Lagos is headquarter of thuggery, Agberos in Nigeria

10 Likes

Re: Anambra Will Not Tolerate Louts, Thuggery — Soludo by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 9:59am On Nov 08, 2023
SmartPolician:
Soludo and his cabinet members have been visiting Lagos to watch how LASG runs the state. Sanwo-Olu should grow some balls and take a cue from Soludo. You cannot build a megacity overrun by touts, miscreants and thugs.

Very sure you don't own a business in Anambra. This is blasephemy.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Will Not Tolerate Louts, Thuggery — Soludo by Christistruth03: 10:05am On Nov 08, 2023
Anambra1stSon2:

Agbero in Onitsha no reach one street in Lagos, Lagos is headquarter of thuggery, Agberos in Nigeria

Onitsha leads in Agberoism

The Lagos ones are gentlemen next to them

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra Will Not Tolerate Louts, Thuggery — Soludo by Makunahatata: 10:53am On Nov 08, 2023
Anambra1stSon2:

Agbero in the whole of Anambra no reach just one street in Lagos not to talk of Ogun and Oyo, Agbero originated from Yoruba land your people adore them
stop hiding ... Na why your region dey backward, una too dey hide

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra Will Not Tolerate Louts, Thuggery — Soludo by Makunahatata: 10:54am On Nov 08, 2023
Anambra1stSon2:

You know why drugs abuse is highest in Southwest
we Kno the region suffering from mpuru mmiri addiction 😒

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra Will Not Tolerate Louts, Thuggery — Soludo by gratefulheart(m): 11:15am On Nov 08, 2023
I like this.

Soludo is eliminating Bitter Obi thugs that help Bitter Obi rigged the last election.

SmartPolician:

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Will Not Tolerate Louts, Thuggery — Soludo by BrodaBenad: 11:52am On Nov 08, 2023
gratefulheart:
I like this.

Soludo is eliminating Bitter Obi thugs that help Bitter Obi rigged the last election.

🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

You're right they even killed someone on election Day

Injured a woman

Prevented yorubas and those that look like them from voting during election

4 Likes

Re: Anambra Will Not Tolerate Louts, Thuggery — Soludo by yarimo(m): 11:56am On Nov 08, 2023
Obi brought thuggery in Anambra state as governor undecided

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra Will Not Tolerate Louts, Thuggery — Soludo by Ceasaerius: 12:00pm On Nov 08, 2023
good
this agberos and touts have really been a menace to anambrarians especially those in business areas
Monday and chekwube's death have stopped them,temporarily though .

1 Like

Re: Anambra Will Not Tolerate Louts, Thuggery — Soludo by FreeStuffsNG: 12:01pm On Nov 08, 2023
Hahaha. Who has those Anambra state Agbero receipts again ?
Ehen, I have found it below. These ones have PhDs in "owo mi da"!Check my signature for free stuffs!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra Will Not Tolerate Louts, Thuggery — Soludo by wman(m): 12:04pm On Nov 08, 2023
He hasn't taken any tangible step to kick them out. Words don't matter. Action does.

7 Likes

Re: Anambra Will Not Tolerate Louts, Thuggery — Soludo by Ceasaerius: 12:06pm On Nov 08, 2023
wman:
He hasn't taken any tangible step to kick them out. Words don't matter. Action does.
He's taken a lot of steps actually .

7 Likes

Re: Anambra Will Not Tolerate Louts, Thuggery — Soludo by Onyiiobi7735(m): 12:07pm On Nov 08, 2023
mcmurphy132:
People from that state
Like people from your state are all Cherubim and Seraphim standing before the Presence of God.
You sound like someone whose years in school are a complete waste of resources and time .
Your state might be filled with demons worse than the cannibals of the Pacific Ocean.
Re: Anambra Will Not Tolerate Louts, Thuggery — Soludo by Onyiiobi7735(m): 12:08pm On Nov 08, 2023
Anambra1stSon2:

Are you minding the urchin whose senses are incomplete?
Re: Anambra Will Not Tolerate Louts, Thuggery — Soludo by Akaegwu(m): 12:09pm On Nov 08, 2023
SmartPolician:

Deal with anyone that wants to import southwest way of life to southeast. The cultist they created through one noble nonsense have destroyed a lot of young people. Many untimely deaths through useless cult activities

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Will Not Tolerate Louts, Thuggery — Soludo by CorrectionFLuid: 12:10pm On Nov 08, 2023
Soludo the show man. This man likes to be seen as working instead of actually working.

"Solution is here" sign board all over Anambra State with little to show. People pleaser and little doer.

It's this show man attitude that made this fool to spend huge amount of money printing coins that Nigeria doesn't need during his stint as CBN governor.

I won't be surprised if this man rose to the apex of his banking career through intense office politics and riding on the achievements of others.

Back to the issue.... This is the same statement he made to news media outlets after he got sworn in. We in the state knew as e dey go. For nairaland, Anambra no dey use touts collect levies. For ground, touts dey break bottle for pesin head dey collect double of what used to be collected.

Recently if driver drop passenger he go pay, if he pick passenger he go pay. Na wetin he go Lagos go learn be that. Rubbish.

Apga needs to lose in Anambra. Because this idiot is aligning Anambra apga with the APC. He will soon decamp to apc sef hijacking apga political structure with him.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Will Not Tolerate Louts, Thuggery — Soludo by adesegun121(m): 12:11pm On Nov 08, 2023
Lamba

1 Like

Re: Anambra Will Not Tolerate Louts, Thuggery — Soludo by holicupp(m): 12:12pm On Nov 08, 2023
Anambra1stSon2:

Are you even in anambra at all

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pics Of The Burnt Onitsha Mosques........nothing Was Left Out Even Blocks. / Why Do South East Have Only 5 States? / NSCDC Arrests 50 ‘militants’ In Rivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.