Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,055 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

Peter Obi Defends Purchase Of ₦‎160 Million SUV For LP Lawmakers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Defends Purchase Of ₦‎160 Million SUV For LP Lawmakers (31788 Views)

‘LG Chairmen Use Good Vehicles’, Senate Defends Purchase Of N160m Suvs / Apapa’s Camp Asked Court To Sack All LP Lawmakers-elect – Obi’s Faction Reveals / ‘it’s Deceitful’ – Soludo Replies Obi’s Call For Anambra To Vote LP Lawmakers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Obi Defends Purchase Of ₦‎160 Million SUV For LP Lawmakers by NLCreator: 9:38am On Nov 08, 2023
Peter Obi, presidential candidate of the Labour Party (LP) in the 2023 elections, has defended the purchase of sports utility vehicles (SUVs) for members of the national assembly.

There have been reports that the leadership of the 10th national assembly has bought SUVs for all lawmakers.

Each SUV is said to be valued at N160 million.

The LP had asked members of the party in the national assembly to kick against “wastage”

While responding to questions during a press conference in Abuja on Monday, the former governor of Anambra said the SUVs are not personal cars of the lawmakers, noting that they are for official use.

“Let me start with the issue of Labour Party members in the house. I have actually discussed this issue with them,” Obi said.

“Surprisingly, I can tell you I heard that these vehicles are official cars. They have to use it. It is meant for office.

“So it is not as if it is their vehicle. They said it is official cars and you are meant to use it while you are in the senate.”

Obi also hinted at contesting for the country’s number one position in 2027, adding that Nigeria deserves dedicated and visionary leaders who will lead the country towards a brighter future.

https://www.thecable.ng/theyre-for-official-use-obi-defends-purchase-of-n160m-suv-for-lawmakers/amp

Journalist: how do you intend to engage members of your party who are members of the house, so that they can stand different.......?

PO: Let me start with the issue of labour party members in the house, have actually discussed this issue with them, surprisingly, I can tell you , I heard that this vehicles are official cars,and are they normally,it is, they have to use it, is meant for official vehicle,so is not as if it is their vehicle, that is meant for official car and everything, because we campaigned for it, and said listen, if it is your car, you return it, or d.... But they said is official car and everybody is meant to uuu, you're meant to use it while you're in the senate, but you know how things work here, it's not going to be like that.

End of interview

I didn't make this up, take a listen

https://twitter.com/chigozie0102/status/1721941557421486520?t=zkgSwXvLCqmEQdtMVURtBQ&s=19

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Defends Purchase Of ₦‎160 Million SUV For LP Lawmakers by christejames(m): 9:39am On Nov 08, 2023
How is this defending biko, our brown envelope journalists? undecided

He said the LP House members told him that the car is not for their personal use but for official use, meaning they will only be shortchanging themselves (LP) if they decide not to use it since the car is for each office...

That aside, just imagine if it's Obi that's the president, you think he will not convince the house members to go for a cheaper version of those cars, instead of this overpriced ones Tinubu has used to welcome them into his malfeasance? undecided

171 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Defends Purchase Of ₦‎160 Million SUV For LP Lawmakers by muykem: 9:42am On Nov 08, 2023
Obidients miscreants will accept this weak defence because it's coming from Peter Obi.

225 Likes 33 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Defends Purchase Of ₦‎160 Million SUV For LP Lawmakers by Hazard457: 9:51am On Nov 08, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Peter Obi Defends Purchase Of ₦‎160 Million SUV For LP Lawmakers by ajailer(m): 10:20am On Nov 08, 2023
If truly LP is the change Nigeria needs then the right thing should be all LP lawmakers rejecting the SUV that will be given them, by doing this, we will know they are truly the game changers and they care for a betterment of the masses but if they do otherwise then LP Na lamba party.

That excuse Obi dey give na normal naija yahoo politician format. You dey condemn the presidency for wasteful spending, shey dem tell u say d cars wey dem budget for the presidency na their personal cars?

LP top to bottom

214 Likes 36 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Defends Purchase Of ₦‎160 Million SUV For LP Lawmakers by Obiedun(m): 10:21am On Nov 08, 2023
Obi himself is corrupt

154 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Defends Purchase Of ₦‎160 Million SUV For LP Lawmakers by smileyoo: 11:42am On Nov 08, 2023
muykem:
Obidients miscreants will accept this weak defence because it's coming from Peter Obi.
but sincerely speaking, if they rejected the cars, they will only be cheating themselves, especially when the proceeds will only be channelled back to the cess-pit of corruption, that's into their famous structure of criminality, where the masses will not benefit anything from.
Nigerians are not ready for genuine change, therefore they should enjoy themselves while the rottenness prevails.
lol. what have you benefited from the fuel subsidy removal, so far ?

35 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Defends Purchase Of ₦‎160 Million SUV For LP Lawmakers by smileyoo: 11:47am On Nov 08, 2023
even if the LP lawmakers rejected their own cars, will the masses benefit from the returned proceeds ?
the answer is a big NO.

37 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Defends Purchase Of ₦‎160 Million SUV For LP Lawmakers by yarimo(m): 11:50am On Nov 08, 2023
Mumu man as if the national assembly ever said the cars are personal not officials .

68 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Defends Purchase Of ₦‎160 Million SUV For LP Lawmakers by LowKeyManny: 12:13pm On Nov 08, 2023
NLCreator:

Each SUV is said to be valued at N160 million.

The LP had asked members of the party in the national assembly to kick against “wastage”.

While responding to questions during a press conference in Abuja on Monday, the former governor of Anambra said the SUVs are not personal cars of the lawmakers, noting that they are for official use.

“Let me start with the issue of Labour Party members in the house. I have actually discussed this issue with them,” Obi said.

“Surprisingly, I can tell you I heard that these vehicles are official cars. They have to use it. It is meant for office.

“So it is not as if it is their vehicle. They said it is official cars and you are meant to use it while you are in the senate.”

Obi also hinted at contesting for the country’s number one position in 2027, adding that Nigeria deserves dedicated and visionary leaders who will lead the country towards a brighter future.

Journalist: how do you intend to engage members of your party who are members of the house, so that they can stand different.......?

PO: Let me start with the issue of labour party members in the house, have actually discussed this issue with them, surprisingly, I can tell you , I heard that this vehicles are official cars,and are they normally,it is, they have to use it, is meant for official vehicle,so is not as if it is their vehicle, that is meant for official car and everything, because we campaigned for it, and said listen, if it is your car, you return it, or d.... But they said is official car and everybody is meant to uuu, you're meant to use it while you're in the senate, but you know how things work here, it's not going to be like that.

🤡🤡🤡🤡

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Defends Purchase Of ₦‎160 Million SUV For LP Lawmakers by Judolisco(m): 12:14pm On Nov 08, 2023
See no Nigerian politician is a saint... Especially if they've govern a state before in Nigeria...

Nothing wey u wan tell me, every one of them Don carry money before directly or indirectly...

many of them don't send their kids to government owned schs and they don't use government owned hospital, and to even make matters worst they go abroad for even toothache

D only place that's good for them is d government house....

So wether na obi, tinubu or Atiku... They're all brothers

81 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Defends Purchase Of ₦‎160 Million SUV For LP Lawmakers by thesicilian: 12:14pm On Nov 08, 2023
Lol.
Not for personal use
When their tenure is over you can go and collect it na.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Defends Purchase Of ₦‎160 Million SUV For LP Lawmakers by Racoon(m): 12:15pm On Nov 08, 2023
I totally disagree with Peter Obi on this issue. This is pure wicked on the side of these theiving legislooters that are leaguing with the executive to rip off this country

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Defends Purchase Of ₦‎160 Million SUV For LP Lawmakers by nurex01(m): 12:15pm On Nov 08, 2023
Lol. Don't let me talk o.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Defends Purchase Of ₦‎160 Million SUV For LP Lawmakers by Timothy89(m): 12:15pm On Nov 08, 2023
funny

Obidients said Peter obi doesn't spent money unnecessarily

Obidients criticize LP lawmakers on 100m each SUV jeep

Peter obi defended the LP lawmakers on 100m each SUV Jeep

confusion everywhere

53 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Defends Purchase Of ₦‎160 Million SUV For LP Lawmakers by aylive02(m): 12:16pm On Nov 08, 2023
muykem:
. Àgbàdo miscreant, how much is petrol in your area?

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Defends Purchase Of ₦‎160 Million SUV For LP Lawmakers by Djele: 12:16pm On Nov 08, 2023
Lies, obi only said that if he was in power he wouldn't have approved it cos all the members have their own cars.

11 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Defends Purchase Of ₦‎160 Million SUV For LP Lawmakers by Macdeey: 12:16pm On Nov 08, 2023
grin

Obi-diots Over to you grin grin grin

After Dem go dey shout say ay FG hates innoson cars , because the manufacturer is an Igbo.
While na Dem master dey defend the Lavish life style of our National Assembly mugus grin grin grin

30 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Defends Purchase Of ₦‎160 Million SUV For LP Lawmakers by benuejosh: 12:16pm On Nov 08, 2023
Noise maker. Peter Obi don fold. Was he thinking they were for personal use? This man has overtaken Jonathan in cluelessness.

Oga you promised accountability of the funds collected during campaigns and promised to give a breakdown as to how much and how those funds were spent. Give us account. Mr fake Integrity.

42 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Defends Purchase Of ₦‎160 Million SUV For LP Lawmakers by Cmeo(m): 12:17pm On Nov 08, 2023
Can anyone tell me someone representing a whole constituency rep should not have an official car??

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Defends Purchase Of ₦‎160 Million SUV For LP Lawmakers by Wealthoptulent(m): 12:17pm On Nov 08, 2023

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Defends Purchase Of ₦‎160 Million SUV For LP Lawmakers by GreatXhub(m): 12:17pm On Nov 08, 2023

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Defends Purchase Of ₦‎160 Million SUV For LP Lawmakers by dapsoneh: 12:17pm On Nov 08, 2023
I have always said this that this guy has no clues. Who is arguing about whether its a personal car or official car? The bone of contention has always been why go for SUV of 160million naira when the country is currently experiencing economic downturn? So because LP memebers are involved now, he could not condemn buying 160million naira SUV instead of going for Nigerian made vehicles at cheaper rates
If you trust or believ any politician, you are OYO
We all know the drill, he has to defend where his food is coming from, afterall, all those LP senators will give him part of their monthly salary and allowances

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Defends Purchase Of ₦‎160 Million SUV For LP Lawmakers by Godfullsam(m): 12:17pm On Nov 08, 2023
I pity people that are fighting each other online and offline because of these politicians.

These guys are the same selfish criminals regardless the party they belongs.
Those who think Obi or Atiku would have done anything much different from what balablu is doing living in self delusion.

28 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Defends Purchase Of ₦‎160 Million SUV For LP Lawmakers by emkz: 12:17pm On Nov 08, 2023
He is not different from those he criticizes.

He had condemned the purchase of vehicles for the first lady and praised the purchase for LP reps because "it was for their work not personal this thing".

If we must condemn bad behaviour, we must condemn it comprehensively and not selectively. Peter Obi needs to mature to play national politics. He is too myopic and backward.

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Defends Purchase Of ₦‎160 Million SUV For LP Lawmakers by Skillsnigeria: 12:18pm On Nov 08, 2023
Hmmm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Defends Purchase Of ₦‎160 Million SUV For LP Lawmakers by Watinhapen(m): 12:18pm On Nov 08, 2023
You only said the first part, you didn’t say the last part. How did he defend it? Or can’t you understand simple English? You people will be looking for every means to make Peter Obi look bad. If Peter Obi was the president today, all BATidiots would’ve finished the man talking uncontrollably with the way the economy has been bastardized by Tinubu. BATidiots are not concerned about the dwindling economy but it’s Peter Obi that’s you people’s problem. Oriranu

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Defends Purchase Of ₦‎160 Million SUV For LP Lawmakers by excel101(m): 12:18pm On Nov 08, 2023
smileyoo:
even if the LP lawmakers rejected their own cars, will the masses benefit from the returned proceeds ?
the answer is a big NO.
This is a totally brainless argument.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Defends Purchase Of ₦‎160 Million SUV For LP Lawmakers by Bhella5(m): 12:19pm On Nov 08, 2023
Watery as usual. When is he ever going to get it right?

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Defends Purchase Of ₦‎160 Million SUV For LP Lawmakers by Roboto11: 12:19pm On Nov 08, 2023
grin

Obi never fails to make fools of Obidients.

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Defends Purchase Of ₦‎160 Million SUV For LP Lawmakers by omenka1: 12:19pm On Nov 08, 2023
Well said, always making sense

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Accidental Discharge In Aso Rock Injures A Female Staff / Anambra 2017 Governorship Election Aspirants - Full List / Oshiomhole Leads Prayer For Rochas Okorocha's Downfall In Imo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.