Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,804 members, 7,820,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

Mothers And Fathers, I Could Use Your Advice. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mothers And Fathers, I Could Use Your Advice. (1220 Views)

'No Difference Between Single Mothers And Prostitutes' - Lecturer / Let's Save Our Husbands And Fathers / Mothers And Daughters Who Look The Same Age (Unbelievable Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mothers And Fathers, I Could Use Your Advice. by Nobody: 11:22am On Nov 08, 2023
What kind of a birthday gift can I get for an 8 years old boy? My nephew will be turning 8 soon and I want to get him a gift.

The boy is just a simple type of a child.
Re: Mothers And Fathers, I Could Use Your Advice. by Felimax(m): 11:28am On Nov 08, 2023
Samantha124:
What kind of a birthday gift can I get for an 8 years old boy? My nephew will be turning 8 soon and I want to get him a gift.

Kids tab!
Get to those online platforms and do a search you will see quite a handful of beautiful and educative gifts you can get for him.

7 Likes

Re: Mothers And Fathers, I Could Use Your Advice. by SIXTEENTH(m): 11:38am On Nov 08, 2023
Get the young lad a 🚲
Re: Mothers And Fathers, I Could Use Your Advice. by Nobody: 11:41am On Nov 08, 2023
He already has a tablet... Funny enough, I was just going through an online store not long ago and it can be confusing as to what to choose.
Felimax:

Kids tab!
Get to those online platforms and do a search you will see quite a handful of beautiful and educative gifts you can get for him.
Re: Mothers And Fathers, I Could Use Your Advice. by Nobody: 11:42am On Nov 08, 2023
He has one... His mother just bought it in June.
SIXTEENTH:
Get the young lad a 🚲
Re: Mothers And Fathers, I Could Use Your Advice. by SIXTEENTH(m): 11:47am On Nov 08, 2023
Samantha124:

Then get him a pare of designer wear, like designer oooooo not the regular ones or better still visit children toy shop, some educational gadgets are there
Re: Mothers And Fathers, I Could Use Your Advice. by Nobody: 11:50am On Nov 08, 2023
Noted.
SIXTEENTH:

Then get him a pare of designer wear, like designer oooooo not the regular ones or better still visit children toy shop, some educational gadgets are there
Re: Mothers And Fathers, I Could Use Your Advice. by LordReed(m): 12:08pm On Nov 08, 2023
Samantha124:

What's your budget?
Re: Mothers And Fathers, I Could Use Your Advice. by Nobody: 12:11pm On Nov 08, 2023
Money is not the problem... Just give your suggestions.
LordReed:

What's your budget?

1 Like

Re: Mothers And Fathers, I Could Use Your Advice. by LordReed(m): 1:01pm On Nov 08, 2023
Samantha124:

1. Bicycle (with training wheels if he has never ridden) plus helmet, knee and elbow pads.
2. Trampoline.
3. Musical Instrument.

4 Likes

Re: Mothers And Fathers, I Could Use Your Advice. by mariahAngel(f): 2:50pm On Nov 08, 2023
Samantha124:
He already has a tablet... Funny enough, I was just going through an online store not long ago and it can be confusing as to what to choose.

Samantha124:

Samantha124:

What does one give to a child who seem to have everything? 🤔
How about you open a savings account for him, and teach him about saving at his (early) age? You would be making a huge impact in his life.
Saving makes children proud, and gives them a sense of responsibility.
Re: Mothers And Fathers, I Could Use Your Advice. by Nobody: 2:55pm On Nov 08, 2023
It's really confusing... grin grin grin

As for savings, I believe that's his mother's duty and not mine... I'm busy saving for my future children who'll be arriving soon.
mariahAngel:

What does one give to a child who seem to have everything? 🤔
How about you open a savings account for him, and teach him about saving at his (early) age?
Saving makes children proud, and gives them a sense of responsibility.
Re: Mothers And Fathers, I Could Use Your Advice. by mariahAngel(f): 2:57pm On Nov 08, 2023
Samantha124:
It's really confusing... grin grin grin

As for savings, I believe that's his mother's duty and not mine... I'm busy saving for my future children who'll be arriving soon.

cheesy

Anybody who's willing to give something to a child can do that.
It does not matter who you are to the child.
Re: Mothers And Fathers, I Could Use Your Advice. by Nobody: 3:13pm On Nov 08, 2023
I don't want to be digging problems for myself.

What if in the future he starts feeling entitled to whatever my children have?

And the whole thing may also not sit well with my future children... It can cause cousin rivalry.
mariahAngel:

cheesy

Anybody who's willing to give something to a child can do that.
It does not matter who you are to the child.
Re: Mothers And Fathers, I Could Use Your Advice. by mariahAngel(f): 6:42pm On Nov 08, 2023
Samantha124:
I don't want to be digging problems for myself.

What if in the future he starts feeling entitled to whatever my children have?

And the whole thing may also not sit well with my future children... It can cause cousin rivalry.

Okay. I get you. cheesy
Re: Mothers And Fathers, I Could Use Your Advice. by frozen70(f): 4:17am On Nov 09, 2023
Samantha124:

Take him out to buy clothes and snickers shoe for him

Though depending on your budget
Re: Mothers And Fathers, I Could Use Your Advice. by Kobojunkie: 4:21am On Nov 09, 2023
Samantha124:
What kind of a birthday gift can I get for an 8 years old boy? My nephew will be turning 8 soon and I want to get him a gift. The boy is just a simple type of a child.
Nintendo Switch with Fortnite game card on it. undecided
Re: Mothers And Fathers, I Could Use Your Advice. by Cassandraloius: 7:18am On Nov 09, 2023
Get him some good books to read and a small laptop that contains what he will learn.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mothers And Fathers, I Could Use Your Advice. by TheBTCinvestor: 7:57am On Nov 09, 2023
Samantha124:

PlayStation 5
Re: Mothers And Fathers, I Could Use Your Advice. by Nobody: 8:34am On Nov 09, 2023
Isn't he way too young to be having a PlayStation? That thing looks addictive and I'm afraid it might distract him from focusing on his school work.
TheBTCinvestor:

PlayStation 5

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mothers And Fathers, I Could Use Your Advice. by Nobody: 8:37am On Nov 09, 2023
Maybe the books could work, as for the laptop, he already has a tablet with all the necessary educational games in it.
Cassandraloius:
Get him some good books to read and a small laptop that contains what he will learn.
Re: Mothers And Fathers, I Could Use Your Advice. by Nobody: 8:42am On Nov 09, 2023
I think the musical instrument could work because I once bought him a children's guitar when he was just two years old and he learned to play it really quick.
LordReed:

1. Bicycle (with training wheels if he has never ridden) plus helmet, knee and elbow pads.
2. Trampoline.
3. Musical Instrument.

1 Like

Re: Mothers And Fathers, I Could Use Your Advice. by Nobody: 8:43am On Nov 09, 2023
I could do that, but he's still a child and he needs something fun to play with.
frozen70:

Take him out to buy clothes and snickers shoe for him

Though depending on your budget
Re: Mothers And Fathers, I Could Use Your Advice. by Beremx(f): 11:29am On Nov 09, 2023
Samantha124:
I could do that, but he's still a child and he needs something fun to play with.
my sister just wish him happy birthday and move on since he already has the suggestions you were given. If I advise you to buy a house for him now, you will say money is not the problem but it's not your duty for you to buy a house for him.
Which kind wahala be this bayi?

4 Likes

Re: Mothers And Fathers, I Could Use Your Advice. by Nobody: 12:51pm On Nov 09, 2023
Ok.
Beremx:
my sister just wish him happy birthday and move on since he already has the suggestions you were given. If I advise you to buy a house for him now, you will say money is not the problem but it's not your duty for you to buy a house for him.
Which kind wahala be this bayi?
Re: Mothers And Fathers, I Could Use Your Advice. by Silentgroper(m): 10:51pm On Nov 11, 2023
TheBTCinvestor:

PlayStation 5
an eight years old

Re: Mothers And Fathers, I Could Use Your Advice. by Silentgroper(m): 10:55pm On Nov 11, 2023
What's his favorite superhero act ..

Get him a toy of that superhero or get him a cloth that has the name or the picture of the superhero inscribed on it ...
Re: Mothers And Fathers, I Could Use Your Advice. by Nobody: 1:00pm On Nov 12, 2023
Okay.
Silentgroper:
What's his favorite superhero act ..

Get him a toy of that superhero or get him a cloth that has the name or the picture of the superhero inscribed on it ...
Re: Mothers And Fathers, I Could Use Your Advice. by RevenuesBoost(f): 2:25pm On Nov 12, 2023
You can get one of these for him

Re: Mothers And Fathers, I Could Use Your Advice. by Nobody: 4:47pm On Nov 12, 2023
Thanks, but his birthday has passed now, it was yesterday.
RevenuesBoost:
You can get one of these for him
Re: Mothers And Fathers, I Could Use Your Advice. by Valwezzy: 1:06pm On Nov 13, 2023
Samantha124:
Thanks, but his birthday has passed now, it was yesterday.

What did you later gift him?
Re: Mothers And Fathers, I Could Use Your Advice. by Nobody: 1:27pm On Nov 13, 2023
A remote control helicopter.

At first I thought maybe I should get him a drone, but I think he's still kinda too young for it.
Valwezzy:

What did you later gift him?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Peace / 20 Ways To Spice Up Your Next Date Night / !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.