Stats: 3,152,644 members, 7,816,654 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

TETFUND Unveils BIMS For Tertiary Institution Students - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / TETFUND Unveils BIMS For Tertiary Institution Students (8368 Views)

Senate Insists On 16 Years As Requirement For Tertiary Institution Admission / How To Activate TETFUND’s BIMS For Tertiary Institution Students / What Course Did You Study In The Tertiary Institution And What's your job now? (2) (3) (4)

TETFUND Unveils BIMS For Tertiary Institution Students by afrobadoo: 5:55pm On Nov 08, 2023
TETFUND unveils BIMS for tertiary institution students

The Tertiary Education Trust Fund has unveiled a Beneficiary Identity Management Service to simplify and enhance the identification and management of students and lecturers across educational institutions in the country.

The platform, according to Minister of Education, Prof. Tahir Mamman, at an educational summit on Wednesday in Abuja, is a convergence of world-class and globally renowned educational resources aimed at reshaping the nation’s higher education landscape.

He maintained that BIMS is set to revolutionise the way students access educational services and more, being the gateway for accreditation and authorisation to access the Tertiary Education Research Applications and Services platform.

“The countless benefits that TERAS promises to bring to educators, students, and the entire educational community are awe-inspiring and must be fully exploited.

“Some of the benefits of BIMS include streamlined enrollment and identification processes; Enhanced data security and accuracy; Personalized learning experiences; Access to tailored educational services; Improved communication between students and educational institutions,” the minister stated.

Meanwhile, in his remark, the Executive Secretary of TETFund, Sonny Echono, shed light on the historical significance of the TERAS platform, which was born out of the challenges posed by the COVID-19 pandemic.

TERAS, he explained, has been meticulously designed to integrate various essential components, and at its core is the BIMS.

Also speaking at the event, the former Executive Secretary of TETFund, Professor Suleiman Bagoro declared, "TERAS has its origins in the challenging days of the COVID-19 pandemic." 

“The pandemic brought forth a profound disruption in the nation's education system. In response to this, the Nigerian government took swift and strategic action. The Federal Ministry of Education introduced a series of policies and directives that would lay the groundwork for TERAS, a revolutionary platform to mitigate the disruptions.

“The initial stages of BIMS's development witnessed the registration of over two million students and staff from beneficiary institutions. However, this is just the beginning.

He further stressed that BIMS' integration within TERAS creates an ecosystem of comprehensive services that extend to institutions, staff, and students. These services encompass sponsored Mobile Internet Access, plagiarism checking through EagleScan, aggregated Journal and Research Subscriptions that include respected resources like EBSCO, the Blackboard Learning Management System, Digital Literacy programs like ICDL, Communication Skills training, and Intervention Funding.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/11/tetfund-unveils-bims-for-tertiary-institution-students/

Re: TETFUND Unveils BIMS For Tertiary Institution Students by Bashorunghaar: 6:22pm On Nov 08, 2023
This one isn’t a bad idea, at least it’ll make Education more easier for the students in the tertiary schools
Re: TETFUND Unveils BIMS For Tertiary Institution Students by Yungdee1000(m): 6:28pm On Nov 08, 2023
Having world class resources at the top of your finger is so pleasing to see. This initiative would turn out to be so beneficial in the long run.
Re: TETFUND Unveils BIMS For Tertiary Institution Students by Badboydems: 6:34pm On Nov 08, 2023
Good to see that our eyes have been opened to see new possibilities that can be brought about by the BIMS initiative.
Re: TETFUND Unveils BIMS For Tertiary Institution Students by Aupfunkunma(m): 6:36pm On Nov 08, 2023
The fact that BIMS is useful to every part of learning institution makes it more essential for all to use
Re: TETFUND Unveils BIMS For Tertiary Institution Students by Samueloladayo(m): 6:40pm On Nov 08, 2023
I am just happy this will help monitor activities in our institutions and also brings positivity to the students
Re: TETFUND Unveils BIMS For Tertiary Institution Students by Sayrahaltine(f): 6:51pm On Nov 08, 2023
As far as it impacts students positively I’m happy about the innovation
Re: TETFUND Unveils BIMS For Tertiary Institution Students by tbabelemon: 7:07pm On Nov 08, 2023
You can tell a plan or situation is working from the testimonies
Re: TETFUND Unveils BIMS For Tertiary Institution Students by theofficialdami: 7:20pm On Nov 08, 2023
wow this thing will revolutionize the way students access educational services and more ,mad oo
Re: TETFUND Unveils BIMS For Tertiary Institution Students by Ferolad1: 7:48pm On Nov 08, 2023
Kudos to anyone who brought this idea up , it really makes learning more easier
Re: TETFUND Unveils BIMS For Tertiary Institution Students by Henzzy1: 7:54pm On Nov 08, 2023
This will really be of help
Big Ups Tetfund
Re: TETFUND Unveils BIMS For Tertiary Institution Students by CooldipoMPS: 6:03am On Nov 09, 2023
Re: TETFUND Unveils BIMS For Tertiary Institution Students by dahmie2013: 6:04am On Nov 09, 2023
We've heard enough of this already. Next please...

Re: TETFUND Unveils BIMS For Tertiary Institution Students by CallmeTrinity: 6:04am On Nov 09, 2023
All the comments above me are fake made comments by paid people! It's so obvious🤣🤣🤣

Not one of.them knows what this initiative is about 🤣🤣

Re: TETFUND Unveils BIMS For Tertiary Institution Students by Brendaniel: 6:05am On Nov 09, 2023
How many times are they going to bring this propaganda to front page, are Nairaland mods and Tinubu media crew not tired, what do you people aim to achieve with this?

CallmeTrinity:
All the comments above me are fake made comments by paid people! It's so obvious🤣🤣🤣

Not one of.them knows what this initiative is about 🤣🤣

I don't believe this program was designed to help any student in Nigeria, I just see it as pure fraud some people have already eaten money on it and they still want to eat more by rolling out propaganda like this.

Take a look at the last 2 pictures and see the schools with the names and the comments they are writing on it, whether it is an error from the editor I can't say, but what is making me suspicious about the program is the number of times they have brought this BIMS to front page in a space of like 3 weeks, it looks deceptive.

Re: TETFUND Unveils BIMS For Tertiary Institution Students by theophorus(m): 6:11am On Nov 09, 2023
Abeg, in simple terms, wetin this BIMS dey do?

Re: TETFUND Unveils BIMS For Tertiary Institution Students by finallybusy: 6:11am On Nov 09, 2023
This type of thread won’t pass one page.
Re: TETFUND Unveils BIMS For Tertiary Institution Students by JASONjnr(m): 6:13am On Nov 09, 2023
Why does BIMS sound like bullshit?

Re: TETFUND Unveils BIMS For Tertiary Institution Students by Joezik(m): 6:18am On Nov 09, 2023
afrobadoo:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/11/tetfund-unveils-bims-for-tertiary-institution-students/

Launch and abandon na dem sabi
Re: TETFUND Unveils BIMS For Tertiary Institution Students by DeflectedMisile: 6:36am On Nov 09, 2023
Bashorunghaar:
This one isn’t a bad idea, at least it’ll make Education more easier for the students in the tertiary schools

For this Nigeria? Keep dreaming
Re: TETFUND Unveils BIMS For Tertiary Institution Students by amstamon: 6:52am On Nov 09, 2023
Zoom the The seventh picture
Rebecca Gabriel, 400l student of uniabuja.
But she said she's a student of university of lagos..
Anyways, the platform is dead on arrival..
EOD
Re: TETFUND Unveils BIMS For Tertiary Institution Students by adefitim(m): 6:52am On Nov 09, 2023
Pessimistic plenty
Re: TETFUND Unveils BIMS For Tertiary Institution Students by Sigmundbest: 7:07am On Nov 09, 2023
afrobadoo:

wife was not really feeling fine that night before I would have told her Abt it, in continuation with the driver he said the said it 500,000 they will collect o to release the driver and the will give custom paper that will cover the fridge till the driver will get to Lagos, we started I said I can only pay 20k the driver said I should send it. He called again. That the oga is now angry that I should talk to one of the custom person, that one sha talk talk that, along the line I was like haha I searched true caller to bring the driver details, low and behold true caller brought out Abuja driver, am like this driver is just been delayed, I called the guy he said he couldn't talk where he is that I should please sort it out, to cut the long story short I paid a total of 250,000 to the fake custom guy feeling that I don't want the guy sweat to go in vain, infact I sent the money because true caller brought it as if the guy is a real driver, bringing Abuja driver that was what made me paid and that he had collected the paper that will cover him till Lagos, when I discovered or when my eye clear na when the driver wey I say make Eno call me again till he call me for pick up call me again say ndlea catch am again for ogun state and say Dem talk say Dem self go collect 500k na there I know say something is wrong and my wife and logistics guy find out Abt the motor say Eno dey exist for the pack,, i believe they used jassed. I can't call it greediness on my side because I transact online by buying goods from china. We pay and they deliver although I do pay on delivery for customers and have sent goods worth almost a million to a customer although with pay on delivery method because the customer sent part of the payment, so it's not new and we can't really call it greadiness from my side, I was 100 percent going to deliver the said package,any ways I will drop the phone number of the driver and the guy, I will drop the acct details of the fraud driver, I have his real name and picture I will drop the data
The name of the bus company they use as disguise is benjass motors
The phone of the scammer is 0903 315 8222
The number of the scammer driver is

The acct number I first paid into is 6113620268 ,OPAY , MUHAMMED ORELORELOPE ABDULLAHI

The real details of the scammer driver that I track is
9043325213 ezekiel samson opay
This is the real name of the scammer driver
Ezekiel samson oluwabukunmi
Plot 28 prestige estate ilogbo oko afo badagry lagos
Blood group A+

I will attach his driver's license
Please my advice to us all let's be careful of all this scammers, there is a lot happening in this country thanks please learn from this.

Re: TETFUND Unveils BIMS For Tertiary Institution Students by ThickTinsel: 8:00am On Nov 09, 2023
Unlock Your Visa and Job Opportunities!

Are you tired of visa rejections? Frustrated with job applications going unanswered? We're here to turn the tables in your favor!

✨ Introducing Our CVs, SOPs, and Letters of Excellence ✨

🌟 Experience a 95% Invitation Rate for Interviews 🌟

Our team specializes in crafting captivating and compelling:
📝 CVs in the Europass format
📝 SOPs for jobs and study visa applications
📝 Cover Letters
📝 Introduction Letters

Don't let poorly crafted SOPs stand between you and your dreams. We understand what it takes to leave a lasting impression and get that coveted visa approval.

With our professionally tailored documents, you'll not only breeze through visa applications but also guarantee yourself a spot in the interview chair of your dream job.

Why settle for mediocrity when excellence is just a click away? Let us be your passport to a brighter future!

🌟 Don't just dream it. Live it! 🌟

Say goodbye to visa heartbreaks and job application woes. Contact us on Whatsapp today with number in the flyer below to unlock the opportunities you deserve! 🚀

Re: TETFUND Unveils BIMS For Tertiary Institution Students by kafeii123: 9:02am On Nov 09, 2023
Forget that stuff like this is far away from TETFund's statutory mandate....

This repeated online promotions/forcing of programs on the populace will have been needless if Nigerian institutions were part of this initiative......

But no.. you guys had to leave your core job and start chasing white elephant projects to justify the millions withdrawn from the institution's purse to pursue this....

Same way NUC went off drafting unworkable curricula for unis without proper consultation..now trying to force it's adoption despite nationwide criticism and opposition of the drafted sham of a curricula...

It's annoying how we keep doing this kinds of game to ourselves in this country... everyone continually wants to prove something needless to show they are important....

How can you go ahead to float online educational programs...when you're neither a university.. nor have you been licensed to operate as one.......

How can you force unworkable curricula on universities without having properly consulted them in the drafting........

Later when ASUU starts taking practical steps after the many verbal oppositions they have aired on the matter.... Everyone then begins to fault ASUU .....

You guys keep making the university system bogged with needless meddlings like this...and you expect the University lecturers who actually run the places and know what you don't...to sit tight and sing kumbaya to these kinds of rigmaroles?
Re: TETFUND Unveils BIMS For Tertiary Institution Students by adelekeolu(m): 9:19am On Nov 09, 2023
sad news for ipob bpigs
Re: TETFUND Unveils BIMS For Tertiary Institution Students by Efilse: 9:41am On Nov 09, 2023
GET ANY BOOK OF ANY AUTHOR FOR HALF THE PRICE

SEND A MESSAGE ON WHATSAPP 08174686962

Download Pdf) Fpn Nasarawa Nd Full-time Admission List (updated) / Primary School Wall Collapses In Ota, Kills Pupil / NECO To Register SSCE Candidates Offline, Says Scratch Cards Not Available