Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,442 members, 7,812,324 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:39 AM

How To Activate TETFUND’s BIMS For Tertiary Institution Students - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Activate TETFUND’s BIMS For Tertiary Institution Students (6604 Views)

TETFUND: BIMS To Empower Education For Students, Lecturers And Staff / TETFUND Unveils BIMS For Tertiary Institution Students / What Course Did You Study In The Tertiary Institution And What's your job now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Activate TETFUND’s BIMS For Tertiary Institution Students by afrobadoo: 3:25pm On Oct 26, 2023
How to activate TETFUND’s BIMS for tertiary institution students

The Tertiary Education Trust Fund has unveiled a Beneficiary Identity Management Service to simplify and enhance the identification and management of students and lecturers across educational institutions in the country.

The platform, according to Minister of Education, Prof. Tahir Mamman, at an educational summit recently in Abuja is a convergence of world-class and globally renowned educational resources aimed at reshaping the nation’s higher education landscape.

He maintained that BIMS is set to revolutionise the way students access educational services and more, being the gateway for accreditation and authorisation to access the Tertiary Education Research Applications and Services platform.

“The countless benefits that TERAS promises to bring to educators, students, and the entire educational community are awe-inspiring and must be fully exploited.

Some of the benefits of BIMS include streamlined enrollment and identification processes; Enhanced data security and accuracy; Personalized learning experiences; Access to tailored educational services; Improved communication between students and educational institutions,” the minister stated.

Meanwhile, in his remark, the Executive Secretary of TETFund, Arc. Sonny Echono, shed light on the historical significance of the TERAS platform, which was born out of the challenges posed by the COVID-19 pandemic.

TERAS, he explained, has been meticulously designed to integrate various essential components, and at its core is the BIMS.

In this report, PUNCH highlights the step-by-step guide on accessing the BIMS platform.

Step 1: Contact Your Institution's ICT Director

The journey to activate your BIMS ID begins by reaching out to the Director of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) at your educational institution. This is the first step towards getting onboarded into the BIMS system. The ICT Director will guide you through the process and provide the necessary information to proceed.

Step 2: Receive Your BIMS ID, Email, and Password Details

Once your institution has onboarded you into the BIMS system, you will receive an email containing your BIMS ID, email address, and password details. Keep these credentials safe, as they are your keys to unlock a host of services offered by TETFund.

Step 3: Visit Bims.tetfund.gov.ng

With your login credentials in hand, visit the BIMS website at Bims.tetfund.gov.ng. This is where you'll enter your BIMS ID and password to access your account. Make sure to verify your email address during this step to ensure that your account is associated with the correct contact information.

Step 4: Update Your Profile

To fully utilize the BIMS system, it's essential to provide all the necessary information. Update your profile with accurate details, including your address and phone number. This information helps in ensuring that you receive important notifications and have a seamless experience within the BIMS ecosystem.

Step 5: Change Your Password

As an additional security measure, consider changing your password to something more favorable. A strong, unique password is crucial for protecting your account from unauthorized access.

6. Finalisation On Account

Once you've successfully registered and activated your BIMS ID, you gain access to a wide range of incredible services offered by TETFund. These services can simplify your educational journey and improve your experience as a student.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/637337-how-to-activate-tetfunds-bims-for-tertiary-institution-students.html

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Activate TETFUND’s BIMS For Tertiary Institution Students by Ferolad1: 4:59pm On Oct 26, 2023
This looks good, lemme go and activate mine

5 Likes

Re: How To Activate TETFUND’s BIMS For Tertiary Institution Students by tbabelemon: 5:02pm On Oct 26, 2023
Hmm, hopefully this works oh, because he go help many people

2 Likes

Re: How To Activate TETFUND’s BIMS For Tertiary Institution Students by Samueloladayo(m): 5:08pm On Oct 26, 2023
But how do I get the free data I saw that they give people after you activate
Re: How To Activate TETFUND’s BIMS For Tertiary Institution Students by Badboydems: 5:21pm On Oct 26, 2023
Is this available for private institute student ?

1 Like

Re: How To Activate TETFUND’s BIMS For Tertiary Institution Students by Aupfunkunma(m): 5:49pm On Oct 26, 2023
My Sister will definitely be benefiting from this one.

3 Likes

Re: How To Activate TETFUND’s BIMS For Tertiary Institution Students by DeathToRiggers: 6:41am On Oct 27, 2023
can anything good comes out from Nigeria /apc? Tell us let Nigerians know

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Activate TETFUND’s BIMS For Tertiary Institution Students by hefelove(m): 6:41am On Oct 27, 2023
I need a car for rental to be use for (uber and bolt business), to deliver weekly.

I’m ready to start work immediately.

If you are an intending investor/partner and you are willing to invest in uber/bolt business in Lagos

I will handle your car with utmost care and you will have good return on your investment.

I am ready to pay weekly as agreed without any stories.

I will provide verifiable guarantor as needed.

car security is guaranteed.
Re: How To Activate TETFUND’s BIMS For Tertiary Institution Students by jaydeeking(m): 6:41am On Oct 27, 2023
Lol
Re: How To Activate TETFUND’s BIMS For Tertiary Institution Students by ATEAMS: 6:50am On Oct 27, 2023
Have a little bit of faith in yourself and let that be your most beautiful quality. Take in a little more of softness in your day to day tasks and allow your inner stillness to guide you into peaceful efficiency.

1 Like

Re: How To Activate TETFUND’s BIMS For Tertiary Institution Students by Woodshot: 6:54am On Oct 27, 2023
They'll charge for it
Re: How To Activate TETFUND’s BIMS For Tertiary Institution Students by BTC138: 6:55am On Oct 27, 2023

Re: How To Activate TETFUND’s BIMS For Tertiary Institution Students by ivandragon: 6:58am On Oct 27, 2023
Not as easy to use as presented especially if you are a Desk Officer for one of the interventions.
Re: How To Activate TETFUND’s BIMS For Tertiary Institution Students by Isokoboy(m): 7:18am On Oct 27, 2023
Pls who go fit throw kore light abt this tetfund

1 Like

Re: How To Activate TETFUND’s BIMS For Tertiary Institution Students by jaeyking(m): 7:19am On Oct 27, 2023
What is actually the function and benefit of the above

Because I don read tired and I no understand

1 Like

Re: How To Activate TETFUND’s BIMS For Tertiary Institution Students by eepeepook: 7:28am On Oct 27, 2023
I talk am say illiterate full Nairaland. See as children avoid this thread like say na Arabic them use type am.
Re: How To Activate TETFUND’s BIMS For Tertiary Institution Students by horpeyemmi66(m): 7:29am On Oct 27, 2023
When you get to ICT, the ICT people will tell you they have never heard anything about that, which one is BIMS again. grin grin Come back next week.

3 Likes

Re: How To Activate TETFUND’s BIMS For Tertiary Institution Students by Hassanmaye(m): 7:36am On Oct 27, 2023
afrobadoo:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/637337-how-to-activate-tetfunds-bims-for-tertiary-institution-students.html
Wow nairaland thank you. Where can someone get this info if not here. This is a university platform.
Re: How To Activate TETFUND’s BIMS For Tertiary Institution Students by wunaESQ(m): 8:24am On Oct 27, 2023
DeathToRiggers:
can anything good comes out from Nigeria /apc? Tell us let Nigerians know
GUY, Whr u see N100 BREAD?? Nawa for u ooo!!!
Re: How To Activate TETFUND’s BIMS For Tertiary Institution Students by Altine01: 11:00am On Oct 27, 2023
afrobadoo:

My sister will definitely be benefiting from this one
Re: How To Activate TETFUND’s BIMS For Tertiary Institution Students by Altine01: 11:02am On Oct 27, 2023
My sister will definitely benefit from this one
Re: How To Activate TETFUND’s BIMS For Tertiary Institution Students by Josephkabila12: 2:01pm On Oct 27, 2023
This is good initiative
Re: How To Activate TETFUND’s BIMS For Tertiary Institution Students by HumbleOptimist(m): 5:09pm On Oct 27, 2023
eepeepook:
I talk am say illiterate full Nairaland. See as children avoid this thread like say na Arabic them use type am.
Comrade, let's always try to embrace peace grin

(1) (Reply)

10 Strange Places On Earth That Scientists Have Struggled To Understand / Yabatech Admission List For 2009/2010 And Change Of Course Form / Help Cgpa Calculation. Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.