Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:37 AM

Patience Jonathan's Surprise Birthday Party In Australia - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patience Jonathan's Surprise Birthday Party In Australia (11460 Views)

Obasanjo Pays Jonathan Surprise Visit / Pres. Jonathan Surprise Visit To Rotten Nigeria Police College / Patience Jonathan's Surprise Birthday Party In Australia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Patience Jonathan's Surprise Birthday Party In Australia by Nobody: 11:28am On Oct 28, 2011
I don't think throwing a party for your wife is wrong in itself, afterall her birthday just happened to fall within the time they were outside the country. My problem is that this party, like the last election campaign, is most likely funded by public money. That's the problem I have.
Re: Patience Jonathan's Surprise Birthday Party In Australia by merkozy: 2:40pm On Oct 28, 2011
merkozy:

[size=14pt]CHOGM delegate sidelined over sex harassment complaint[/size]

by: Nicole Cox, police reporter
October 28, 2011 2:11PM

[size=13pt]A NIGERIAN delegate[/size] has had his CHOGM accreditation revoked after a complaint that he allegedly sexually harassed a Perth hotel worker.

The man is accused of approaching a female worker at the Hyatt Hotel, in Adelaide Terrace, and requesting she perform a intimate act on him.

Offended, the woman reported the incident to senior staff at the hotel.

PerthNow understands that the man was spoken to about the allegations and subsequently sidelined for the week from official duties.

But police have not been called in to investigate and no charges have been laid.

A CHOGM 2011 Taskforce spokesman said organisers were aware of the allegations.

``We are aware that a complaint was made by a staff member at Hyatt Regency Perth,'' he said.

``We understand that the matter has been resolved.''

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.
Related Coverage

Don't waste opportunity to reflect Perth Now, 1 hour ago
Man charged over CHOGM security breach Perth Now, 2 days ago
Charged campaigner 'a CHOGM worker' Perth Now, 2 days ago
Gillard wants more power women Perth Now, 5 days ago
Queen to get a $2m Aussie party The Daily Telegraph, 8 Oct 2011

End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

A WA Police spokeswoman said the force had not received a complaint to investigate any criminal activity in relation to the incident.

``Allegations about harassment in the work place are an issue related to equal opportunity and are not a police matter,'' she said.

``No complaint about a criminal matter has been received by WA Police.''

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/western-australia/chogm-delegate-sidelined-over-sex-harassment-complaint/story-e6frg13u-1226179789868
Re: Patience Jonathan's Surprise Birthday Party In Australia by Gbenge77(m): 2:43pm On Oct 28, 2011
Mtcheew.
Re: Patience Jonathan's Surprise Birthday Party In Australia by Xionez(m): 1:58pm On Oct 29, 2011
merkozy:

Maybe she misinterpreted the rapid hand gestures (Politicians nowadays are known for that) to mean something else. Maybe he was asking where the porter put his ghana-must-go and his long cane stick.

How i wish i was there, NL for hear the untouched version of the story. 'Matter has been resolved' would find its way into the gist. cheesy
Re: Patience Jonathan's Surprise Birthday Party In Australia by egift(m): 11:48am On Jan 17, 2012
Re: Patience Jonathan's Surprise Birthday Party In Australia by olawalebabs(m): 4:40pm On Jan 17, 2012
That is one of the SURE-P plan grin
Re: Patience Jonathan's Surprise Birthday Party In Australia by largie(f): 12:53am On Jan 19, 2012
What a way to curb corruption.
Re: Patience Jonathan's Surprise Birthday Party In Australia by horlabiyi(m): 5:28am On Feb 05, 2012
Nigeria jaga-jaga.
Re: Patience Jonathan's Surprise Birthday Party In Australia by egift(m): 2:00pm On Feb 08, 2012
olawalebab:

That is one of the SURE-P plan grin

GBAM grin grin
Re: Patience Jonathan's Surprise Birthday Party In Australia by angelvis: 4:48pm On May 08, 2012
[b]Where the shame dey?? Who tell you say the venue of the party na where the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM) 2011 they take place? Some people just hate GEJ for no reason. If you like go jump from 10 storey building, whom God has blessed, No Man, i repeat No Man can curse. Abeg go hug transformer jooo. Jealousy jealousy, na him dey worry you!!!! O deee

GOOD TALK MY DEAR! WHO THE CAP FIT'S LET HIM WEAR IT.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

There Is Something Funny I Have Noticed About A Particular Region On This Forum / Restructuring Comment: Southern, Middle Belt Forum, Others Tackle Buhari / Aisha Buhari Launches ‘leave Our Daughters Alone’ Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.