Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,484 members, 7,830,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

LASG Meets With Entertainment Captains Over Noise Pollution At Christmastime. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LASG Meets With Entertainment Captains Over Noise Pollution At Christmastime. (8150 Views)

LASG Meets Community Over Lagos-Calabar Coastal Road Project / Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution / LASG Meets With Stakeholders On Reconstruction Of Adeniji-Adele Road, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LASG Meets With Entertainment Captains Over Noise Pollution At Christmastime. by EKONGKING: 3:28am On Nov 09, 2023
Wow.

This how a sane society works, kudos to Lagos .

Development is not infrastructure or building rich mansions , mental peacefulness of citizens is more important.
Re: LASG Meets With Entertainment Captains Over Noise Pollution At Christmastime. by viodemus: 4:40am On Nov 09, 2023
hmmm. E be like say I dey sow critical thinking far and wide. I no need the credit, i like when person dey copy better thing.

I been dey talk about the factoring of noise pollution in regards to religious coexisting in the east, not that long ago. Some of this people dey peep game from some jewels I dey drop. Nothing do you.

I like the effort to do something, but can it really work in Lagos like that without obvious discrimination or is it another dubious tribalist and religious ideology

Lagos is diverse.
This idea in Lagos, without other avenues, seems like an underlying plan to accelerate the islamization of Lagos.
How can they explain that a christian holiday period, is more noiser than Ramadan. Ramadan wey dem dey use stadium, block everywhere without city approval, but now, Christmas own come, una dun already dey scheme, how to limit Christian merry period.

Is the holiday period festivals, more noisier than Lagos daily generators cars, and bikes. No be una dey cause the noise, wey una dey go find christian people zone wey una go chop rice, drink mineral, eat other delicacies including cake, etc. Ramadan na only meat, and maybe small rice. No eba or peppersoup.

Anyway, igbos we can see the divisive direction they are turning. Next thing, na Lagos is an islamic sharia state. Noise pollution can be introduced, but it is suppose to be sensible, there are still common sense noise pollution to straighten, then air pollution issues, etc.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LASG Meets With Entertainment Captains Over Noise Pollution At Christmastime. by naptu2: 4:53am On Nov 09, 2023
2012 meeting.

Biggyd2:
The Lagos State Governor Babatunde Fashola is to meet with religious leaders to address noise polution in the state.

The General Manager of the Lagos State Environmental Protection Agency, Mr. Rasheed Shabi, stated this at Amuwo Odofin Local Government on Friday during the inaugural campaign against pollution, especially noise, at the grassroots.

Shabi said, “Governor Fashola will in the next few weeks invite the league of Imams and church leaders to his office to address noise pollution in the state.

“We need to know how many religious houses we have in every local government. The local governments should be able to meet with these religious bodies twice in a year to stem noise pollution.

“Excessive exposure to noise can lead to deafness and eyes defect. You cannot open mosques and churches in residential areas and disturb others; we can’t take that. We want to work with you to curb this.

“The Local Government should call all these people together and use the language they understand to pass the message across to them. You have the responsibility to mobilise your people and tell them what the government wants.”

Shabi explained that LASEPA was using the campaign to strengthen its collaboration with 57 councils in the state to combat industrial and noise pollution.

He lamented that noise pollution had been giving the state government serious concern, saying the agency receives between 10 and 15 petitions on noise pollution daily.

The LASEPA boss told Amuwo Odofin council officials led by the Secretary to the local government, Shade Ajao, and the Manager, Segun Ajao, that Fashola had directed the agency to partner with councils in the state to curb industrial and noise pollution.

He said, “Pollution has been a problem to the state. Close to 60 per cent of pollution comes from the over 3, 000 industries we have in the state.

“In Amuwo-Odofin, we have close to 300 industries. Also, there are about 33 water receiving points in the state and all are highly polluted. We need to give out a cleaner environment to the next generation.”

Shabi urged the councils to sensitise the people on the danger of indescriminate dumping of e-waste.

“The way you dispose solid waste is different from the way you dispose e-waste. A television set contains lots of chemicals that are dangerous to health.

“E-waste is killing lots of people gradually. Meet with people selling generators, television sets and other electronic gadgets and sensitise them on the danger of e-waste,” he said.

http://www.punchng.com/news/fashola-clerics-to-tackle-noise-pollution/
Re: LASG Meets With Entertainment Captains Over Noise Pollution At Christmastime. by viodemus: 5:01am On Nov 09, 2023
naptu na funny person. You go collab with mod to block me.

when dem dun implement the noise law since. If no be say dem dey micro peep the east, dem for no remember say dem get that law. Me, I dey speak with genuine interest for the east. Long story short, their intent no clear.
Re: LASG Meets With Entertainment Captains Over Noise Pollution At Christmastime. by naptu2: 5:02am On Nov 09, 2023
2010 meeting.

oladayo042:
The Lagos State Government has ordered all churches in Lagos, Nigeria, to immediately remove all external speakers from their churches as they constitute noise pollution to the society.

Babatunde Raji Fashola, Lagos State governor.

The order is sequel to a Memorandum of Understanding, MOU, signed by the Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, Lagos State Branch and the Lagos State Environmental Protection Agency, LASEPA.

The state government viewed continued disobedience by churches to remove their external loud speakers as uncalled for and therefore wants them to comply urgently before stricter measures would be adopted to abate the nuisance.

At the MOU between LASEPA and CAN, the government also wanted all churches to completely be enclosed to further curtail the noise during service in order not to disturb public peace and order.

The MOU was signed by LASEPA General Manager, Mr. Rasheed Shabi and the Director, Pollution Control Department, Mr. K.A. Fadairo for the state government and Pastor J.A. Fatokun, Pastor Olawoyin Lawrence and Pastor Barnabas Otoibhi for Lagos State CAN.

According to the agreement with government, CAN agreed that churches under its umbrella should remove external loud speakers from their places of worship in order not to disturb public peace.

The agency observed that many churches in the Lagos metropolis use residential plots, uncompleted buildings, makeshift shanties, shops/garages, flats and corridors and passages within tenements as worship centres, which clearly violate the town planning laws.

LASEPA warned churches that henceforth, vigils were to be held with all necessary abatement measures in place without disturbing the neighbourhood and that week day early morning and evening services must be held without disturbing the peace of others.

“In all these cases, amplifier, keyboard and other musical instruments are used both day and night to conduct vigils which exacerbate noise pollution within the state. It is noteworthy that religious noise comes with associated vibration from church activities,” the agency observed.

With the agreement reached, LASEPA had removed the regulation of time, period, frequency of worship services and restriction of use of musical instruments from noise pollution control policy if the abatement measures were put in place by the churches to prevent noise pollution.

In the MOU, CAN is expected to persuade its members to control the noise emanating from their worship centres to nationally acceptable limit of 55db during the day and 45db at night and that churches should be good examples of the golden rule in the Bible which reads “Therefore, whatever you want men to do to you, do also to them.”

The state government also said that while it would not ban churches from holding open-air crusades and preaching, churches willing to have open-air crusade must obtain permit from the police and LASEPA before doing so.

Both parties further agreed to accept liability for breach of any of the conditions and punishment in accordance with the provisions of LASEPA Edict as deemed necessary to serve as sufficient deterrent to prevent any further occurrence.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2010/07/28/lagos-orders-churches-to-remove-loud-speakers/
Re: LASG Meets With Entertainment Captains Over Noise Pollution At Christmastime. by naptu2: 5:05am On Nov 09, 2023

Churches, Mosques Responsible For Most Cases Of Noise Pollution In Lagos State – LASEPA

Published on 8 January 2021 at 11:51 AM
By Oladipo Abiola

The General Manager of the Lagos State Environmental Protection Agency (LASEPA), Dr Dolapo Fasawe has submitted that churches and mosques are responsible for 70% of noise pollution in Lagos.

Fasawe said while religion is a fundamental human right entrenched in the Nigerian Constitution, disturbing others when worshipping is not acceptable.

She revealed in an interview with Punch that of the 4,700 complaints received by the agency last year, 70% were against religious houses from Nigeria’s two main religions.

She, however, revealed that apart from engaging with the leadership of both religions on regulating their activities so as not to negatively affect others, 640 religious houses were sealed by LASEPA for various offences.

Answering the question as to what extent religious centres contribute to noise pollution, the LASEPA boss responded: “Of the 4,700 complaints we received last year, 50 per cent were from neighbours of religious houses. Another 20 per cent was due to religious activities in places that were not religious houses, making it 70 per cent. This is because we have people turning uncompleted buildings into churches; we have people putting canopies outside and conducting vigils with microphones. Yes, as a state, we encourage prayers. But God is not a God of indiscipline. Religion is part of our life, it is a fundamental right.

However, you do not have a right to disturb your neighbour when worshipping. The two main religions in Nigeria also preach against this. Any activity or communication that you have with God that disturbs your neighbour and affects his health and wellbeing is not acceptable. These are the tenets of the religions we practice.”

She also went ahead to reveal steps been taken to resolve such issues.

“We have had meetings with the religious leaders across the board. But I must say that I am happy specifically with NASFAT. We had a meeting with the religious heads and a couple of weeks later, I saw a letter that NASFAT sent out to all its mosques in Lagos State with the instruction: no microphone outside. I have a copy of that letter. It really impressed me a lot. And there was compliance,” she said.

She added that while many religious houses have complied with the agency’s regulation, those found guilty have been dealt with in accordance with the provisions of the law.

“We sealed 640 religious houses over infractions. I am also happy that a large percentage of them have complied. Some have gone ahead to sound-proof, and some have moved to permanent structures in appropriate areas.”

https://www./2021/01/08/churches-mosques-responsible-for-most-cases-of-noise-pollution-in-lagos-state-lasepa/
Re: LASG Meets With Entertainment Captains Over Noise Pollution At Christmastime. by Blackdisciple(m): 7:08am On Nov 09, 2023
If na christmas time una go tire that means una go arrest the entire neighbourhood oo
Re: LASG Meets With Entertainment Captains Over Noise Pollution At Christmastime. by John360comng: 10:18am On Nov 09, 2023
naptu2:
Jubril A. Gawat @Mr_JAGs

https://twitter.com/Mr_JAGs/status/1722327002860892549

How can I report the Mosque close to my house?

This people won't let me sleep from 5am everyday.

It's hellish.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rivers Govt Will Stop Funding Police / Chief Dr. Willie Obiano Manifesto and History Impeccable! / We Should Blame Ourselves, If Peace Eludes Nigeria, Says Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.