Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,147 members, 7,818,442 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

Strike: This Will Send Clear Message – Shehu Sani Backs NLC, TUC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Strike: This Will Send Clear Message – Shehu Sani Backs NLC, TUC (13257 Views)

Labour Party Backs NLC, TUC On Calls For Immediate Removal Of Imo CP / I Have Stayed So Long In Prison– Shehu Sani Backs Call For Nnamdi Kanu’s Release / Fuel Scarcity Looms As NUPENG Backs NLC Planned Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Strike: This Will Send Clear Message – Shehu Sani Backs NLC, TUC by GuruboiNaija: 7:20am On Nov 09, 2023
Shehu Sani, a former Kaduna Central Senator, says the strike action by the organised labour over the brutalisation of Joe Ajaero, President of the Nigeria Labour Congress, is justifiable.

The NLC and the Trade Union of Nigeria, TUC, had declared a nationwide strike to protest the incident that occurred in Owerri, the Imo State capital, last week, where the NLC president was physically assaulted by suspected political thugs.

Reacting, Shehu Sani, in a post on his official X handle, supported the decision of the organised labour, saying the strike action would send clear messages to those behind the attack on Ajaero.

Sani believes that the strike action will convey a clear message to those responsible for the attack on Ajaero.

His post reads, “No responsible trade union will fold its arms and see its leaders brutalised without a massive response.

“The strike action will send a clear message to those who want to toe this path. Using political thugs to disrupt protests and maltreat protesters is unacceptable; Abuja EndSARS organisers can remember how they were attacked at CBN Headquarters.”

https://.ng/2023/11/09/strike-this-will-send-clear-message-shehu-sani-backs-nlc-tuc/

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strike: This Will Send Clear Message – Shehu Sani Backs NLC, TUC by helinues: 7:21am On Nov 09, 2023
This Sani too like to dey kidney himself

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Strike: This Will Send Clear Message – Shehu Sani Backs NLC, TUC by Uyomiya: 7:22am On Nov 09, 2023
helinues:
This Sani too like to dey kidney himself

Go and get a job to be a man

107 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Strike: This Will Send Clear Message – Shehu Sani Backs NLC, TUC by Abrah20: 7:27am On Nov 09, 2023
Unionism is dead in Nigeria

Every Nigerian ought to own a portion of the Federal Capital Territory. Abuja is our common heritage as Nigerian citizens.

The good thing is, Land no cost for Abuja, Na you wan buy am for Maitama. Even sef, Land no even cost for Maitama, Na you no buy am on time.

For as low as 800k, you can become a Landlord in Abuja. Don't take my word for it, you can click this LINK to see for yourself.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strike: This Will Send Clear Message – Shehu Sani Backs NLC, TUC by MadamExcellency: 7:33am On Nov 09, 2023
Sure and equivocal.

This is the surest way to assert supremacy. If the Labour Union is to allow the assault to stand without repercussions, that will be the death of Nigeria's democracy, especially collective bargaining and opposition politics.

Who born a monkey to assault the NLC President and go scot-free? No arrest, no apology by the Governor and no comment from the presidency.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Strike: This Will Send Clear Message – Shehu Sani Backs NLC, TUC by Ikaeniyan0: 7:35am On Nov 09, 2023
It will only be successful in the south east sha

I don't see any strike happening in Lagos state I am

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Strike: This Will Send Clear Message – Shehu Sani Backs NLC, TUC by MadamExcellency: 7:38am On Nov 09, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:

It will only be successful in the south-east sha

I don't see any strike happening in Lagos state I am

Some State organs of NLC may sluggishly restrain because of pressure from State Governors but Federal Establishments will join.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strike: This Will Send Clear Message – Shehu Sani Backs NLC, TUC by Ikaeniyan0: 7:39am On Nov 09, 2023
MadamExcellency:

State Organs may sluggishly restrain because of State Governors but Federal Establishment will join.
The no work no pay will be strictly enforce. There's no reason to go on strike at this point in time.

Let me repeat it again, the unnecessary strike will only be successful maybe in the south east. You can see the FG is not shaking

The Labour unions will get burnt for this mess. Going on strike no go put food for Nigerians table .

Ajaero got himself in partisan politics and he got burnt. Nigeria is bigger than him.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Strike: This Will Send Clear Message – Shehu Sani Backs NLC, TUC by MadamExcellency: 7:45am On Nov 09, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
The no work no pay will be strictly enforced.

Let me repeat it, the unnecessary strike will only be successful maybe in the southeast

That only happens if the businesses of the political class are not threatened. Not when they can't fly or travel because of no fuel.

You don't threaten workers involved in a holistic strike that is affecting the rich and political class especially when NUPENG and PENGASSIN are involved. It cripples the Economy.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Strike: This Will Send Clear Message – Shehu Sani Backs NLC, TUC by Obiedun(m): 7:51am On Nov 09, 2023
NLC should go to imo and do her strike there. No be me slap ajaero.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Strike: This Will Send Clear Message – Shehu Sani Backs NLC, TUC by Ikaeniyan0: 7:53am On Nov 09, 2023
MadamExcellency:

That only happens if the businesses of the political class are not threatened. Not when they can't fly or travel because of no fuel.

You don't threaten workers involved in a holistic strike that is affecting the rich and political class especially when NUPENG and PENGASSIN are involved. It cripples the Economy.

Thank God next week Wednesday no far again

You will see the strike will fail woefully

Nigerian Economy won't be on lockdown because Ajaero got flogged for involving himself in partisan politics.

Anybody who goes on an illegal strike won't get paid.

The strike might be successful in the south east sha

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Strike: This Will Send Clear Message – Shehu Sani Backs NLC, TUC by Houseontherock1: 8:02am On Nov 09, 2023
Whatever happens, assaulting the labor president is not right. However, going on strike over that will not be supported by some fractions; I think he should seek legal redress instead. There are more important welfare issues that need the strike and I hope he rises up to them

2 Likes

Re: Strike: This Will Send Clear Message – Shehu Sani Backs NLC, TUC by OBIDIENTNAIJA: 8:03am On Nov 09, 2023
Okay
Supported
Re: Strike: This Will Send Clear Message – Shehu Sani Backs NLC, TUC by Alhajikd: 8:04am On Nov 09, 2023
APC shame

1 Like

Re: Strike: This Will Send Clear Message – Shehu Sani Backs NLC, TUC by Jonjam269: 8:05am On Nov 09, 2023
Both Sani and Ajaero have lost relevance, election is over, they should rest. Losers.
Re: Strike: This Will Send Clear Message – Shehu Sani Backs NLC, TUC by straighttalk(m): 8:06am On Nov 09, 2023
Yeye
Re: Strike: This Will Send Clear Message – Shehu Sani Backs NLC, TUC by Timoleon(m): 8:06am On Nov 09, 2023
It’s sad that the labour congress which should be the backbone of the masses has been rendered comatose in Nigeria. There’s now a perpetual mistrust between the masses and the NLC. Majority now believe that their bark lacks bite.

3 Likes

Re: Strike: This Will Send Clear Message – Shehu Sani Backs NLC, TUC by StaticOxford87: 8:07am On Nov 09, 2023
At least for once this man is speaking the truth

1 Like

Re: Strike: This Will Send Clear Message – Shehu Sani Backs NLC, TUC by Tjra: 8:08am On Nov 09, 2023
Time for this blogger to gain more followers. His twitter engagements has been low for sometime now.

1 Like

Re: Strike: This Will Send Clear Message – Shehu Sani Backs NLC, TUC by netpro(m): 8:08am On Nov 09, 2023
All the No-gooders and the miscreants who hate everything good in Nigeria, will tell you that over 200 million Nigerians should be punished for a little event that happened to one man in Imo State.

This is the highest level of self hating I have ever seen. Cutting one's nose to spite your face.
Re: Strike: This Will Send Clear Message – Shehu Sani Backs NLC, TUC by illicit(m): 8:10am On Nov 09, 2023
What has EndSars protest got to do with CBN

No be Mumu be that?

🥴🤕
Re: Strike: This Will Send Clear Message – Shehu Sani Backs NLC, TUC by valentineuwakwe(m): 8:11am On Nov 09, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
The no work no pay will be strictly enforce. There's no reason to go on strike at this point in time.

Let me repeat it again, the unnecessary strike will only be successful maybe in the south east. You can see the FG is not shaking

The Labour unions will get burnt for this mess. Going on strike no go put food for Nigerians table .

Ajaero got himself in partisan politics and he got burnt. Nigeria is bigger than him.

This your comment just tire me.....Wetin be involve himself in partisan politics? So one has no right to peaceful protest again? Beside he went to lend a support to workers in the state who were being owed and who some where remove from the pay roll and this issue has been lingering for months..yet HOPE uzodinma and the imo state government kept mute.....
My brother, be reasonable for once and forget these your ethnic politics and sentiments!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strike: This Will Send Clear Message – Shehu Sani Backs NLC, TUC by jrusky(m): 8:14am On Nov 09, 2023
He is broke again looking for media traficks to cash out.

Sanni go and look for work. Infact politics is the worst career anyone can jump into you are relevant when your person or party in power and useless when out of power. Many of them are sitting and sleeping at home, no office, no business meeting and appointment, no serious engagement just useless chasing clout politically.
Re: Strike: This Will Send Clear Message – Shehu Sani Backs NLC, TUC by UptownVibes(m): 8:17am On Nov 09, 2023
Nlc is no longer a union ,its best known as political party now.. Nobody will take them serious, because of the way they have been handling workers plight overtime. If we check well now,you will see that the nlc president was in IMO for bribe, just that it didn't turn out as he planned it.. Be like say na the same bleaching cream Hope and the Nlc president dey use.. Red face!
Re: Strike: This Will Send Clear Message – Shehu Sani Backs NLC, TUC by nkemoma(m): 8:20am On Nov 09, 2023
Na Masses go still suffer am!!!!
Re: Strike: This Will Send Clear Message – Shehu Sani Backs NLC, TUC by Passionate1(m): 8:25am On Nov 09, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:

I applaud their decision . .man shall not live by bread alone. . You must learn to sacrifice. .if you are not willing to sacrifice for your dream, then your dream will become the sacrifice.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Benefits Of A Disintegrated Nigeria / Ekiti Reps Storm EFCC To Remind Them Of Petition They Wrote Against Fayemi / Army’s Show Of Force: A Smokescreen For Election Rigging For The APC - PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.