Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,334 members, 7,811,974 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:29 AM

Kenneth Darlington Shoots And Kills 2 Climate Protesters In Panama - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenneth Darlington Shoots And Kills 2 Climate Protesters In Panama (23644 Views)

Kenneth Kaunda Dies Aged 97 / Armed Protesters In Camo Demonstrate Against Stay-At-Home Orders In Kansas, US / Climate Protesters Block Boris Johnson, UK Prime Minister's Convoy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kenneth Darlington Shoots And Kills 2 Climate Protesters In Panama by AImiron: 12:27am On Nov 10, 2023
An elderly American has been arrested after a gunman was caught on camera walking up to environmental protesters blocking a Panamanian highway Tuesday and blasting two of them to death.

Disturbing footage showed a man with gray hair and glasses casually approaching the blockade on the Pan-American Highway and waving his finger while arguing with the demonstrators — before pulling out a gun and opening fire.

Other footage showed people standing around bodies in the road in the Chame sector west of Panama City as well as the gunman being cuffed and led to a squad car.

Police later shared a photo of the suspect handcuffed to a pipe as he was identified as Kenneth Darlington, 77, a lawyer and professor who holds dual citizenship in the US and Panama, according to Newsroom Panama and Agence France-Presse

One of the shot protesters died at the scene while the second was pronounced dead at a local hospital, AFP said.

The violence came during the third week of protests over a large mining contract that allows Canada-based First Quantum Minerals to operate the region’s largest pit copper mine for at least 20 more years.

The roadblocks have caused up to $80 million in daily losses to businesses and have shuttered schools nationwide for more than a week.

Panama President Laurentino Cortizo sent his condolences to the dead protesters’ families, saying that such a crime “has no place” in his nation’s supportive society.

The deadly shooting came after Panamanian media reported that a demonstrator was run over and killed last week by a foreigner attempting to drive past a roadblock.

The 19,000-mile Pan-American Highway is the world’s longest route, spanning from Alaska to Argentina with a break in the Darién Gap.

NYPOST

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenneth Darlington Shoots And Kills 2 Climate Protesters In Panama by adesegun121(m): 1:34am On Nov 10, 2023
Wickedness

US AND GUN

LIKE 5&6

But US government will focus on Africa and other countries

Awon Eleri Bu

55 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Kenneth Darlington Shoots And Kills 2 Climate Protesters In Panama by Ahmed0336(m): 3:40am On Nov 10, 2023
Damn!!!!
Two people fighting for the planet got killed just like that
Did this man ever considered whether those people have family? It's high time US reconsiders their gun law.

66 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Kenneth Darlington Shoots And Kills 2 Climate Protesters In Panama by mysticwarrior(m): 6:33am On Nov 10, 2023
He killed them because they are blacks, whit racist coward.

39 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Kenneth Darlington Shoots And Kills 2 Climate Protesters In Panama by nifton(m): 9:49am On Nov 10, 2023
77 year-old lawyer and professor. Gun laws in the US has to be revisited.

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kenneth Darlington Shoots And Kills 2 Climate Protesters In Panama by fredoooooo: 9:58am On Nov 10, 2023
Climate protesters should stop blocking roads and adopt another way of protest...
People also have important things to do , you can't just block their way because you're protesting ..
Rest in peace to the dead ..

94 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kenneth Darlington Shoots And Kills 2 Climate Protesters In Panama by harryboyng(m): 9:58am On Nov 10, 2023
RIP to the dead..so SAD
Re: Kenneth Darlington Shoots And Kills 2 Climate Protesters In Panama by Offpoint1: 9:58am On Nov 10, 2023
America.... most Nigerian heaven.

Make I find some people trouble grin

He'll claimed mentally ill and get release in 5 years grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenneth Darlington Shoots And Kills 2 Climate Protesters In Panama by Judolisco(m): 9:59am On Nov 10, 2023
Why u sef go sit down for road say make people no pass.... U don't know what people are passing through.... As I dey now me wey dey think of wetin I go chop, make one werey come dey delay me on my way to work again for one yeye reason ... I fit mad

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kenneth Darlington Shoots And Kills 2 Climate Protesters In Panama by Reelmii: 9:59am On Nov 10, 2023
..sad
Re: Kenneth Darlington Shoots And Kills 2 Climate Protesters In Panama by flexispy: 9:59am On Nov 10, 2023
The ambulance couldn't get there in time because the road was already blocked

10 Likes

Re: Kenneth Darlington Shoots And Kills 2 Climate Protesters In Panama by Free2Fly: 10:00am On Nov 10, 2023
AImiron:

NYPOST

Mumu shooter, he didn't see pro-Palestinian terrorists protesters shoot

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenneth Darlington Shoots And Kills 2 Climate Protesters In Panama by Guyman01: 10:00am On Nov 10, 2023
Americans feel they have a right to use their guns everywhere even in another person's country.

In reality many Americans see climate change as a western political fraud but its not enough to kill a protesting activist

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenneth Darlington Shoots And Kills 2 Climate Protesters In Panama by Raph82(m): 10:00am On Nov 10, 2023
That's what it is. When there's too much of liberty, freedom and rights, you subconsciously build a criminal mind and psyche. Right to carry guns means right to gun down at the slightest provocation. Whoever passed that bill to law didn't mean well for the states.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kenneth Darlington Shoots And Kills 2 Climate Protesters In Panama by UncleKoboko: 10:01am On Nov 10, 2023
Okay

See the so-called "sane clime" some mumus are running to.
THEY WILL SELL ALL THEIR PROPERTIES TO TRAVEL THEIR, ONLY TO START STRUGGLING AND BECOME SLAVES.

GOD FORBID I'LL EVER BECOME SLAVE TO PINK OR PALE SKINNED PEOPLE.

Evil region that will turn your wife against you

Evil region that will turn your children against

Your daughters will become SLÚTS, lesbians, transgender etc.

UNA POPE JUST APPROVE GAY MARRIAGE, GAY PASTOR ETC.

USELESS PEOPLE

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kenneth Darlington Shoots And Kills 2 Climate Protesters In Panama by thaoriginator: 10:01am On Nov 10, 2023
shocked

Top shotta nuh miss, them say we a rise crime
Make people eat fish and bread and have a nice time
Re: Kenneth Darlington Shoots And Kills 2 Climate Protesters In Panama by Fearyourcreator: 10:01am On Nov 10, 2023
Naso
Re: Kenneth Darlington Shoots And Kills 2 Climate Protesters In Panama by Antoeni(m): 10:01am On Nov 10, 2023
Liverpool get mind cut Onowu ticket.

A whole Onowu Ndi Awka-etiti.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenneth Darlington Shoots And Kills 2 Climate Protesters In Panama by 3ice9ce: 10:02am On Nov 10, 2023
Na this kind man Uzodinma use comot Ajaero eye.
Re: Kenneth Darlington Shoots And Kills 2 Climate Protesters In Panama by Tboymessiah(m): 10:03am On Nov 10, 2023
NasoLifeBe!!!
Re: Kenneth Darlington Shoots And Kills 2 Climate Protesters In Panama by 3ice9ce: 10:03am On Nov 10, 2023
Antoeni:
Liverpool get mind cut Onowu ticket.

A whole Onowu Ndi Awka-etiti.

Why he dey look like albino?
Abi numbers dey dance for the paper?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenneth Darlington Shoots And Kills 2 Climate Protesters In Panama by stano2(m): 10:03am On Nov 10, 2023
Too bad.. but these climate protesters are doing way too much. I watched a video of a woman pleading with them that her child is sick and needs medical attention, they still refused to Leave the way for her to drive through.

So many annoying video footages on them.
They sit on the road causing so much traffic, dem forget say na Kolo country dem dey, people are looking for reasons to pull trigger.

23 Likes

Re: Kenneth Darlington Shoots And Kills 2 Climate Protesters In Panama by PussyKing(m): 10:03am On Nov 10, 2023
Thiefnubuu
Re: Kenneth Darlington Shoots And Kills 2 Climate Protesters In Panama by Mccullum: 10:04am On Nov 10, 2023
This is elderly rascality, Some one they suppose to fire to death at the point of the incident,

Police arrested him, rubbish in so call sane society.
Re: Kenneth Darlington Shoots And Kills 2 Climate Protesters In Panama by CooldipoMPS: 10:04am On Nov 10, 2023
shocked
Re: Kenneth Darlington Shoots And Kills 2 Climate Protesters In Panama by oluseyiforjesus(m): 10:04am On Nov 10, 2023
He's insane
Re: Kenneth Darlington Shoots And Kills 2 Climate Protesters In Panama by tuzle(m): 10:04am On Nov 10, 2023
Offpoint1:
America.... most Nigerian heaven.read well pls, I first made the same mistake as u did by assuming it was america, until I read the text.

Make I find some people trouble grin

He'll claimed mentally ill and get release in 5 years grin
Re: Kenneth Darlington Shoots And Kills 2 Climate Protesters In Panama by Emmyreal4(m): 10:04am On Nov 10, 2023
Wahala

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

DSTV Accidentally Airs Mandela's Obituary / Brunei Gay Law: Gay Sex And Adultery Punishable With Death Penalty / Russia Gives Ukraine Deadline To Surrender Mariopol, Ukraine Refuses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.