Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,923 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

Choosing The Right Ward When Joining A Political Party - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Choosing The Right Ward When Joining A Political Party (211 Views)

Result From Obasanjo’s Ward When He Endorsed And Supported PDP - Bashir Ahmad / Breaking: Andy Uba Heads To Court, Ask How He Could Have Lost His Ward When APGA / Omoyele Sowore Announces African Action Congress (AAC) As His Political Party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Choosing The Right Ward When Joining A Political Party by newnig: 2:37am On Nov 10, 2023
Good morning fellow Nairalanders

I am seeking to formally transfer my membership with a political party to my state of origin, although I have been a member of the said party in FCT since 2018.

I intend to actively participate in all party activities in my state of origin from January 2024. I am seeking the opinion of politically sagacious Nairalanders on which ward is appropriate to transfer my membership to, considering that I will now be visiting my state more often for active participation. I will use ward A and B to describe the various options.

Ward A : This is where my great grand parents domiciled. My late dad also grew up here and we have always used this place on our local government certificates of origin. However, ever since my dad died over a decade ago, none of us visits this particular place because all our aunts and uncles no longer reside around here except for a few extended family members. As a matter of fact, what used to stand as a family house has been abandoned for decades and is now dilapidated.

Ward B: This is where my dad built his personal house which later became a modern family house for our extended families and relations. He was greatly loved by both his nuclear and very extended family. Everyone wanted to spend major festivities at his house and he was always willing to accommodate all. He gave to the less privileged, churches, mosques and associations within this area yet he never got involved in active or partisan politics. Although this ward is in a different LGA from Ward A where my dad grew up, my dad was quite popular in this area because of his extensive and consistent philanthropy before his demise.

Going by the above narrative, where would you advise I pitch my tent? Thank you!
Re: Choosing The Right Ward When Joining A Political Party by SoNature(m): 3:54am On Nov 10, 2023
Trace your root in Ward A and make people know you there because that's your home. If you can, extend your father's philanthropy to your LGA and make people know who you are. It will also increase your area of influence. I just wonder why your parents didn't bother to take you there regularly though.

Politics is a dirty game in Nigeria. You don't want your opponents to use your choice of ward against you in the future, telling people that you are even a stranger in that community and poisoning their minds. Everything will always be fine and normal until politics happens and brings bad blood.

By the way, I like this kind of mindset. Politics is too important to be left to professional politicians alone. However, make sure you have good money to throw around before joining politics in your local community because today's politics is all about the highest bidder, not about serving humanity. Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Choosing The Right Ward When Joining A Political Party by aylive02(m): 3:59am On Nov 10, 2023
Politicians don buy all wards finish
Re: Choosing The Right Ward When Joining A Political Party by Lovemeharder(f): 4:28am On Nov 10, 2023
Listen to your heart.

1 Like

Re: Choosing The Right Ward When Joining A Political Party by anibi9674: 6:44am On Nov 10, 2023
Go with your biological ward.

1 Like

Re: Choosing The Right Ward When Joining A Political Party by springer: 6:55am On Nov 10, 2023
Transfer it to the ward where the address of your " Grandfather Family House" is located. Start doing meeting with the Ward Members. Get the list of the ward excos, keep them in "Constant Contact" get the youth leader of the ward into your pay-roll, even if its monthly data of N500. Keep tight grabbing on the Ward Chairman, attend the CDA and CDS meetings, oyay all financial dues in all communities under the ward. So start from there and you will consult me later when you are already in Government. Should I inbox you my bank account for "Professional Fee" on my given political advise. Good morning. With love from Yoruba Region, Western-Nigeria.

Get ready for (6) REGIONALISMS

1. YORUBA REGION (Old South-West)
2. Biafra Region (Old South-East)
3. Middle-Belt (Old North-Central)
4. Arewa Region: (Old North-East)
5. ? (Old North-West)
6. Niger-Delta Region (Old South-South)

The profesional fee is very important. Pls let Mr. Seun Osewa in particular and the public in general be aware that I am available for appointment as Special Assistant on Social-Political Affairs. Pls someone close to APC/BAT should honestly inform President Bola Tinunu that life is too hard with Nigerians and we have been pressed beyond endurance. People die of poverty every day. He promised immediate change and now he changed it to " Pregnancy Pains", he forgot that even no woman is pregnant or labour for ever.

APC/BAT promised "immediate" change during the campaigns but life is more expensive after the elections. Minister of Energy should be sacked with immediate effect. Create jobs for the youths, remove old cargoes from the system and ingest fresh blood, inject the youth into civil service. Create a Statutory Commission" for DIRECTORATE OF CERTIFICATE AND CREDENTIALS VERIFICATIONS.

Nigerians are pushed beyond limit. If I am to decide the last general election, I will declare three of them the winners of thier respective Regions BAT: Yoruba Nation. Atiku: Arewa Nation and OBI: Biafra Nation. Lo ba tan !
I instruct each of them to rule over thier people who want them and not other people who do not want them. Shikena ! If three xant work together in peace let them go assunder for peace, i mean the three ghosts! I don't like forceful marriage.

1 Like

Re: Choosing The Right Ward When Joining A Political Party by newnig: 10:12am On Nov 10, 2023
SoNature:
Trace your root in Ward A and make people know you there because that's your home. If you can, extend your father's philanthropy to your LGA and make people know who you are. It will also increase your area of influence. I just wonder why your parents didn't bother to take you there regularly though.

Politics is a dirty game in Nigeria. You don't want your opponents to use your choice of ward against you in the future, telling people that you are even a stranger in that community and poisoning their minds. Everything will always be fine and normal until politics happens and brings bad blood.

By the way, I like this kind of mindset. Politics is too important to be left to professional politicians alone. However, make sure you have good money to throw around before joining politics in your local community because today's politics is all about the highest bidder, not about serving humanity. Good luck!
Thank you very much brother for your kind input. I will put your advise to mind. More blessings on you Sir.
Re: Choosing The Right Ward When Joining A Political Party by newnig: 10:13am On Nov 10, 2023
anibi9674:
Go with your biological ward.
Thank you Sir.

Lovemeharder:
Listen to your heart.
Thank you Ma

1 Like

Re: Choosing The Right Ward When Joining A Political Party by newnig: 10:18am On Nov 10, 2023
springer:
Transfer it to the ward where the address of your " Grandfather Family House" is located. Start doing meeting with the Ward Members. Get the list of the ward excos, keep them in "Constant Contact" get the youth leader of the ward into your pay-roll, even if its monthly data of N500. Keep tight grabbing on the Ward Chairman, attend the CDA and CDS meetings, oyay all financial dues in all communities under the ward. So start from there and you will consult me later when you are already in Government. Should I inbox you my bank account for "Professional Fee" on my given political advise. Good morning. With love from Yoruba Region, Western-Nigeria.

Get ready for (6) REGIONALISMS

1. YORUBA REGION (Old South-West)
2. Biafra Region (Old South-East)
3. Middle-Belt (Old North-Central)
4. Arewa Region: (Old North-East)
5. ? (Old North-West)
6. Niger-Delta Region (Old South-South)

The profesional fee is very important. Pls let Mr. Seun Osewa in particular and the public in general be aware that I am available for appointment as Special Assistant on Social-Political Affairs. Pls someone close to APC/BAT should honestly inform President Bola Tinunu that life is too hard with Nigerians and we have been pressed beyond endurance. People die of poverty every day. He promised immediate change and now he changed it to " Pregnancy Pains", he forgot that even no woman is pregnant or labour for ever.

APC/BAT promised "immediate" change during the campaigns but life is more expensive after the elections. Minister of Energy should be sacked with immediate effect. Create jobs for the youths, remove old cargoes from the system and ingest fresh blood, inject the youth into civil service. Create a Statutory Commission" for DIRECTORATE OF CERTIFICATE AND CREDENTIALS VERIFICATIONS.

Nigerians are pushed beyond limit. If I am to decide the last general election, I will declare three of them the winners of thier respective Regions BAT: Yoruba Nation. Atiku: Arewa Nation and OBI: Biafra Nation. Lo ba tan !
I instruct each of them to rule over thier people who want them and not other people who do not want them. Shikena ! If three xant work together in peace let them go assunder for peace, i mean the three ghosts! I don't like forceful marriage.
There is so much insight, wisdom, humour and thoughtfulness in your post. Thanks for sharing your knowledge and for the very invaluable advise in the first paragraph. I understand you are strongly pro-regionalism/restructuring. Even in your humour, there is wisdom.
If it's okay by you Sir, I'd like to stay in touch. Thank you Sir.

(1) (Reply)

ONDO: APC Chieftains Advocate For Aiyedatiwa To Serve As Acting Governor / Anambra NUJ commends Umeh's intervention in Lagos demolitions / I Wanted To Be A Musician But My Parents Discouraged Me - Osun Gov. Adeleke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.