Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,491 members, 7,816,163 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

Is There A Single Road In South East With Sidewalks And Covered Drains? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is There A Single Road In South East With Sidewalks And Covered Drains? (4011 Views)

Abaribe In Senate For 16 Years Without Building A Single Road / Beautiful Roads With Covered Drains & Sidewalks Done By Gov Wike In PH- PICTURES / Speaker:femi Gbajabiamila Tours South East With 103 Elected New Lawmakers(photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There A Single Road In South East With Sidewalks And Covered Drains? by Catapault: 1:54pm On Nov 10, 2023
I haven’t seen even ONE ROAD in the southeast with covered drains and sidewalks.

They exist in Abuja, in Lagos, in Uyo, Calabar, Gombe, Kano and Kaduna.

I have even seen some in Benin.

But southeast?

Nothing.

Just open gutters everywhere.

If you are a pedestrian in the East, nobody cares where you walk.

Why?

Here are examples from Abuja

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There A Single Road In South East With Sidewalks And Covered Drains? by osuofia2(m): 1:58pm On Nov 10, 2023
Apart from Ebonyi state

3 Likes

Re: Is There A Single Road In South East With Sidewalks And Covered Drains? by Catapault: 1:59pm On Nov 10, 2023
osuofia2:
Apart from Ebonyi state

I must confess I haven’t been there. But I’ve heard some good things about the place.

They don’t even act as if they are in the Southeast, those Ebonyi people.

Or is their own version of Igbo different?

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is There A Single Road In South East With Sidewalks And Covered Drains? by Tochi3(m): 2:00pm On Nov 10, 2023
Is there any uncompleted building in the SW, where miscreants aka miners don't gather to severe the heads of their victims for Ritual purposes

If there is any where such things dont happen pls indicate.

...uncompleted buildings Covers also uncompleted Airport Runways grin grin

Beware while walking pass uncompleted structures in the SW

66 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is There A Single Road In South East With Sidewalks And Covered Drains? by Mrfeel: 2:04pm On Nov 10, 2023
Catapault:
I haven’t seen even ONE ROAD in the southeast with covered drains and sidewalks.

But southeast?

Nothing.

Why?

How many states have you been to in the east?

7 Likes

Re: Is There A Single Road In South East With Sidewalks And Covered Drains? by Catapault: 2:05pm On Nov 10, 2023
Mrfeel:

How many states have you been to in the east?

All except Ebonyi.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is There A Single Road In South East With Sidewalks And Covered Drains? by JamParkMe: 2:07pm On Nov 10, 2023
Yes. This road is in the Orlu part of Imo state. We've had sidewalks and road drains for years. They just patched up this part of the sidewalk last week. So yes it's rare but they do exist.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is There A Single Road In South East With Sidewalks And Covered Drains? by Mrfeel: 2:11pm On Nov 10, 2023
Catapault:

All except Ebonyi.
What took you to those 4 eastern states and how many roads and street roads did you inspect

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There A Single Road In South East With Sidewalks And Covered Drains? by StreetFight: 2:14pm On Nov 10, 2023
Tochi3:
Is there any uncompleted building in the SW, where miscreants aka miners don't gather to severe the heads of their victims for Ritual purposes

If there is any where such things dont happen pls indicate.

...uncompleted buildings Covers also uncompleted Airport Runnways grin grin

Beware while walking pass uncompleted structures in the SW

You are next

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Is There A Single Road In South East With Sidewalks And Covered Drains? by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 2:15pm On Nov 10, 2023
Catapault:

All except Ebonyi.

Mumu.
It's not even a rarity in Enugu.
Village man

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There A Single Road In South East With Sidewalks And Covered Drains? by Tochi3(m): 2:17pm On Nov 10, 2023
StreetFight:

You are next

7 Likes

Re: Is There A Single Road In South East With Sidewalks And Covered Drains? by Bendeco2020: 2:18pm On Nov 10, 2023
Catapault:

I must confess I haven’t been there. But I’ve heard some good things about the place.

They don’t even act as if they are in the Southeast, those Ebonyi people.

Or is their own version of Igbo different?
What did you hear or know about Ebonyi?

Remember that Simon Ekpa your terror is from there.

Because the next thing you will say is that Ebonyi people are not among or supporting IPOB grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There A Single Road In South East With Sidewalks And Covered Drains? by Catapault: 2:25pm On Nov 10, 2023
Bendeco2020:

What did you hear or know about Ebony?

Remember that Simon Ekpa your terror is from there.

Because the next thing you will say is that Ebony people are not among or supporting IPOB grin

If Ekpa is from Ebonyi, it must be something fishy going on, because we all know that Ebonyi is a place where people are cool, calm and collected, unlike the other Igbo states filled with troublemakers and miscreants.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is There A Single Road In South East With Sidewalks And Covered Drains? by Catapault: 2:33pm On Nov 10, 2023
JamParkMe:
Yes. This road is in the Orlu part of Imo state. We've had sidewalks and road drains for years. They just patched up this part of the sidewalk last week. So yes it's rare but they do exist.

That picture is giving me London vibes or maybe Yanki.

Are you sure that is Orlu?

What’s a police yellow tape doing there?

Liar?

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is There A Single Road In South East With Sidewalks And Covered Drains? by gammarays(m): 2:36pm On Nov 10, 2023
Catapault:

But southeast?

Nothing.

Why?

Idiot you snapped Estate roads

Show us the endangered roads in your brown roof republic

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There A Single Road In South East With Sidewalks And Covered Drains? by JamParkMe: 2:41pm On Nov 10, 2023
Catapault:

Liar?

Lol I took a second look at the pic like I'm seeing it for the first time and I can see why you got the foreign vibe. But this is in Orlu and I walk past this path everyday. Police tape is sold in naija, check jumia.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is There A Single Road In South East With Sidewalks And Covered Drains? by igwebuike01: 3:39pm On Nov 10, 2023
E full everywhere Mr man. Especially Aba

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is There A Single Road In South East With Sidewalks And Covered Drains? by Nonny95: 4:20pm On Nov 10, 2023
igwebuike01:

Catapult where are you?

Have you ran away?

Ezigbote Ewuuu

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There A Single Road In South East With Sidewalks And Covered Drains? by BrodaBenad: 4:47pm On Nov 10, 2023
I'm walking on one now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is There A Single Road In South East With Sidewalks And Covered Drains? by KwuoteYourFada: 4:52pm On Nov 10, 2023
Yes

4 Likes

Re: Is There A Single Road In South East With Sidewalks And Covered Drains? by Hpesoj: 5:04pm On Nov 10, 2023
Catapault:

But southeast?

Nothing.

Why?

You guys with these yeye dick measurements. I can bet my last card that you've not travelled to up to 4 states in the country.

To puncture your argument, I'll just ask you to check the pictures of the road from Lekki to Lakowe. There is neither drainage or sidewalk (the tiny place left has been overtaken by motorist) to start with. Now you need to go around Airport junction in Abuja to see open drainage or chanchaga to Bosso in Minna for same. I believe we also have something similar from Batagarawa to Katsina main market. Roads from Tsafe to Gusau in Zamfara and Birnin-Magaji, also in Zamfara, have open gutters. Same thing with the roads in Funtua.

These places are where I spend significant number of years. No just passing by. That I can point to few examples does not mean I can generalise.

The comparison is to what end? To achieve what actually?

5 Likes

Re: Is There A Single Road In South East With Sidewalks And Covered Drains? by Raskimonojendor: 5:13pm On Nov 10, 2023
JamParkMe:
This picture is not Nigeria.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Is There A Single Road In South East With Sidewalks And Covered Drains? by Raskimonojendor: 5:13pm On Nov 10, 2023
Catapault:

Liar?
The guy na Lamba master. The steps into the house, the concrete finish, the landscape, cones, yellow tape, low fence, the man in the picture e.t.c are foreign.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is There A Single Road In South East With Sidewalks And Covered Drains? by KwuoteYourFada: 5:36pm On Nov 10, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

The guy na Lamba master. The steps into the house, the concrete finish, the landscape, cones, yellow tape, low fence, the man in the picture e.t.c are foreign.
clown show us the ones in your SW slums

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There A Single Road In South East With Sidewalks And Covered Drains? by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 5:49pm On Nov 10, 2023
Open drainage is an easy route to a place near you for snakes.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/7uP7KcirIqA
Re: Is There A Single Road In South East With Sidewalks And Covered Drains? by tsdarkside(m): 6:04pm On Nov 10, 2023
JamParkMe:

this is not south east....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is There A Single Road In South East With Sidewalks And Covered Drains? by Rich4god(m): 6:04pm On Nov 10, 2023
Re: Is There A Single Road In South East With Sidewalks And Covered Drains? by Catapault: 6:13pm On Nov 10, 2023
igwebuike01:

Oh great!

Nice to see that in Aba. grin

Strangely enough I least expected to see such in Aba. cool

I was thinking more like Owerri, Enugu etc.
Re: Is There A Single Road In South East With Sidewalks And Covered Drains? by Catapault: 6:19pm On Nov 10, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

I also noticed all those things, and I was thinking to myself, “this cannot be Orlu”.

Chai….this Nairaland is just filled with all sorts of shady characters.
Re: Is There A Single Road In South East With Sidewalks And Covered Drains? by Catapault: 6:26pm On Nov 10, 2023
Hpesoj:

You guys with these yeye dick measurements. I can bet my last card that you've not travelled to up to 4 states in the country.

To puncture your argument, I'll just ask you to check the pictures of the road from Lekki to Lakowe. There is neither drainage or sidewalk (the tiny place left has been overtaken by motorist) to start with. Now you need to go around Airport junction in Abuja to see open drainage or chanchaga to Bosso in Minna for same. I believe we also have something similar from Batagarawa to Katsina main market. Roads from Tsafe to Gusau in Zamfara and Birnin-Magaji, also in Zamfara, have open gutters. Same thing with the roads in Funtua.

These places are where I spend significant number of years. No just passing by. That I can point to few examples does not mean I can generalise.

The comparison is to what end? To achieve what actually?

You are not getting the point.

Of course there is an open gutter culture across Nigeria which was inherited from British colonial mismanagement and substandard construction ethos, but some cities are doing more to move out of that primitive system to roads with sidewalks and covered drains which is the international standard for roads.

The southeast is lagging behind in adopting that modern convention.

We need to see cities like Onitsha, Awka etc, building roads with sidewalks and covered drains.

Those cities are already built up, but are just missing that final addition to make them world class and tourist-friendly.

1 Like

Re: Is There A Single Road In South East With Sidewalks And Covered Drains? by Catapault: 6:39pm On Nov 10, 2023
Mrfeel:

What took you to those 4 eastern states and how many roads and street roads did you inspect

See interrogation.

You be army officer?

The same thing that leads your people to travel around the whole Nigeria is what led me to your states.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gun Battle in Oyo State Assembly? Wow! / Research Student Wins Uk Prestigious Award (wasiu Popoola Popular-oau Alumni) / National Good Governance Team In Plateau State. #nggtour2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.