Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,030 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

Inflation: Which Item's Price Surprises You? - Nairaland / General (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Inflation: Which Item's Price Surprises You? (27356 Views)

“pablo And Iyawo Pablo” – Mixed Reactions As Man Surprises Girlfriend With Iphon / Secondary School Boy Surprises His Gf On Her Birthday With Gifts & Gets A Kiss / CBN Governor Says Inflation, Interest Rates To Fall With The End Of Recession (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inflation: Which Item's Price Surprises You? by jamafa: 7:54am On Nov 14, 2023
Mandela27:
1cup of beans 300naira

You dey lie because one congo of beans is 1500,1600 respectfully. How can one cup of beans b ₦150?

1 Like

Re: Inflation: Which Item's Price Surprises You? by jamafa: 7:56am On Nov 14, 2023
Evolutionism:

Lol seems like na cameroon you dey stay.

One Egg is N200 in my Area.

U people just dey lie anyhow

Egg is 2500-2600 for a create, it's even big.

Anyone that sell more than ₦150 is not doing well

2 Likes

Re: Inflation: Which Item's Price Surprises You? by fadigalfemi(m): 8:00am On Nov 14, 2023
Cost of some basic drug is crazy right now....duodart, inhaler etc....what ever you are doing in this country pls dont fall sick

1 Like

Re: Inflation: Which Item's Price Surprises You? by wunmi590(m): 8:25am On Nov 14, 2023
Komu1048:

I’m talking around 400k, no capping. Me wey na painter I be.

But took the wheel, both mother n child r safe n kicking. We do naming on a low

Wow, I know you will spend more than that, that's why I said those peopl3 spent nothing less than 250k

1 Like

Re: Inflation: Which Item's Price Surprises You? by maasoap(m): 8:30am On Nov 14, 2023
AllDModsAreMaad:

Is that thing really effective?

... because if it is, people would have talked about it, like it would have trended.

More like e no dey work when in delicate situation like that of CS.

People are skeptical about it right from when it was introduced. Then, it was for federal workers initially. Now, states governments are starting their own. And both FG and SGs have expanded its scope to accommodate private citizens, individuals (single and family packages). Highly effective, don't doubt it for a second. Surgery, you won't pay a dime. Tests, you won't pay a dime. It is only the private hospitals that would be telling you that your insurance doesn’t cover this and that, all in an attempt to extort you. Best is to choose government hospital, teaching hospital most especially. It is only the drugs that will make you pay 10%. I'm using it

2 Likes

Re: Inflation: Which Item's Price Surprises You? by nairalanda1(m): 9:03am On Nov 14, 2023
RepoMan007:
Garri jumped 600 percent yet cassava is one of the crop our arm chair economists claim we have comparative advantage in the production.

Cc: nairalanda1

Yeah, it is to be expected. At the end, when you run an economy based on just oil, inflation, price raises, etc are to be expected.

That's why Nigeria needs to be an economy that is diversified.

APC has failed in that regard, so also has PDP.

p.s Supporting fuel subsidy removal does not make one an APC supporter. The fact is, we have spent so much money and borrowed so much money over the years since independence. Now all them chickens have come home to roost.

P.S 2...10% of our agriculture is mechanized. You expect cheap food with that? LOL. Tell me another joke.

Good morning.
Re: Inflation: Which Item's Price Surprises You? by RepoMan007: 9:17am On Nov 14, 2023
nairalanda1:

Yeah, it is to be expected. At the end, when you run an economy based on just oil, inflation, price raises, etc are to be expected.

That's why Nigeria needs to be an economy that is diversified.

APC has failed in that regard, so also has PDP.

p.s Supporting fuel subsidy removal does not make one an APC supporter. The fact is, we have spent so much money and borrowed so much money over the years since independence. Now all them chickens have come home to roost.

P.S 2...10% of our agriculture is mechanized. You expect cheap food with that? LOL. Tell me another joke.

Good morning.

1/10. Weak!
Re: Inflation: Which Item's Price Surprises You? by nairalanda1(m): 9:41am On Nov 14, 2023
RepoMan007:

1/10. Weak!

K.

WTYNM
Re: Inflation: Which Item's Price Surprises You? by SisterAnn(f): 11:02am On Nov 14, 2023
TemplarLandry:
The high cost and scarcity of common sense among most Hoebee-dients. That's what I find most surprising.

I always knew you were deluded, otherwise you wouldn't be surprised Obidients have no iota of regard for an international drug baron.

1 Like

Re: Inflation: Which Item's Price Surprises You? by Mandela27: 11:17am On Nov 14, 2023
jamafa:

You dey lie because one congo of beans is 1500,1600 respectfully. How can one cup of beans b ₦150?
bros I said 300naira,not 150.

1 Like

Re: Inflation: Which Item's Price Surprises You? by achimendy(m): 11:51am On Nov 14, 2023
elipheleh:
E no concern me

My family and I serve the Lord.

The Lord provides for us

Hahahahahahahaha

Hallelujah somebody

1 Like

Re: Inflation: Which Item's Price Surprises You? by Komu1048(m): 12:38pm On Nov 14, 2023
wunmi590:

Wow, I know you will spend more than that, that's why I said those peopl3 spent nothing less than 250k

Ur quote is referring to me. God will continue to bless our homes in Jesus name

1 Like

Re: Inflation: Which Item's Price Surprises You? by BurntDodo: 1:45pm On Nov 14, 2023
It has to be bread nau. Slice bread of 250 now 1000 haba. Bread wey dem don dey chop since before Jesus Christ.

1 Like

Re: Inflation: Which Item's Price Surprises You? by Damseldammie(f): 2:33pm On Nov 14, 2023
asanausana91:
not everywhere. Even last week I bought the crate at 2k

Where’s your location pls, if I may ask because a crate of eggs costs 2300 from the farm & now 2400/crate

1 Like

Re: Inflation: Which Item's Price Surprises You? by asanausana91: 2:35pm On Nov 14, 2023
Damseldammie:

Where’s your location pls, if I may ask because a crate of eggs costs 2300 from the farm & now 2400/crate
j town plateau state

1 Like

Re: Inflation: Which Item's Price Surprises You? by phemmyfour: 2:37pm On Nov 14, 2023
Vinnie2000:
Basket of Rice..N5000- N5700
Spaghetti. N450-N700. 😯🤨
Basket of Beans. N2400-N2800
Garri. N1200-N1500
Oral B Toothpaste. N300-N450.
Indomies. N350-N450.
Ikg of Gas. N700-N1100
Etc.🙂

Which PRICE of Items do you Find Surprising?🤔🙂

Basket of rice? I never hear am before

2 Likes

Re: Inflation: Which Item's Price Surprises You? by Damseldammie(f): 2:42pm On Nov 14, 2023
Raregem9000:
When last did you buy oral b? It's now 1k. Even spag is 750, know chicken 1100, titus one fish ranges from 1300 to 1500. Sawa fish goes for #500 and above, depending on how big and it's not negotiable. Palm oil goes for like 1300 per litre and groundnut oil goes for 1400/ litre. One bag of rice goes for 47k, one baff of garri goes for 5k. Egg is 2700/ crate. It's well

You’re so current
Thumbs up

1 Like

Re: Inflation: Which Item's Price Surprises You? by Damseldammie(f): 3:02pm On Nov 14, 2023
jamafa:

He might be right bro, because as at last week Thursday a congo of oloyin beans costs 2250

1 Like

Re: Inflation: Which Item's Price Surprises You? by Damseldammie(f): 3:06pm On Nov 14, 2023
asanausana91:
j town plateau state

Okay

Probably, they sell at 2000 because they gets maize at cheap price over there.
Anyways, we gets maize supply for their mills from North

1 Like

Re: Inflation: Which Item's Price Surprises You? by asanausana91: 3:09pm On Nov 14, 2023
Damseldammie:

Okay

Probably, they sell at 2000 because they gets maize at cheap price over there.
Anyways, we gets maize supply for their mills from North
k bro.

1 Like

Re: Inflation: Which Item's Price Surprises You? by Raregem9000(m): 4:35pm On Nov 14, 2023
Thanks ma'am, I usually do grocery shopping for my family. Price of goods at market these days are scary but we no go blame them because na wetin dey buy dem go sell. I bought a basket of tomato at 3,500 last week, this week now the same tomato now sells for 4000. Even ugu that was #100 before is now #200, some still collect two for #300 sha. I don't see anything that the price hasn't increased.
Damseldammie:

You’re so current
Thumbs up

1 Like

Re: Inflation: Which Item's Price Surprises You? by lokoventurex1(m): 5:49pm On Nov 14, 2023
wunmi590:

Lol@ we yoruba's

My budget was to do a parlour naming, that's actually my second baby...

When I had my first baby, I killed a small cow 🐄 in 2021 which cost 200k..

But this second one, I had to buy a cow 🐄 and we divide it into two with another person...

My mum have people, my inlaw have people too, I did alot of cut down at the end, I still spend nothing less than 900k, part of the money I saved to buy her own car for her, so that I can collect my own car she's driving...

Members of my wife church societies came also, so there was no way we could evade spending...

My first child, the diapers and soap we were given, we used it for 8months even money self plenty..

But this time around, people just came to eat, the diaper and soap we were given might not last more than 4-5month...

I've my spending list, I intend creating a thread, once I'm settled, I will mention you..

Is not easy to be a married man this present time
I am happy for you you can do all these things without necessarily affecting you.

After i spent that 350k on my child's naming in August this year, i had to rent a better apartment i have been avoiding since i married my wife last year and it costs me 1.2M(new chairs and kitchen cabinet inclusive). That's why am angry with myself i spent that much on naming cos it was not necessary. The 1.2M was very urgent and necessary.

May the Lord help us and see us through in this Asiwaju tenure. I didn't vote for him though. I have never been this broke in three years ajeh!

Look forward to you mentioning me on your proposed thread.

1 Like

Re: Inflation: Which Item's Price Surprises You? by Felixv: 5:51pm On Nov 14, 2023
brother I hear you --recently one of my relatives gave birth to his 4th child.

I had to hide my anguish (according to this guy his wife insisted that they have another child),I made my contribution and just kept quiet

the moral of the story -everyone is feeling the pain -we just have to survive any way we can.
Re: Inflation: Which Item's Price Surprises You? by wunmi590(m): 7:43pm On Nov 14, 2023
lokoventurex1:

I am happy for you you can do all these things without necessarily affecting you.

After i spent that 350k on my child's naming in August this year, i had to rent a better apartment i have been avoiding since i married my wife last year and it costs me 1.2M(new chairs and kitchen cabinet inclusive). That's why am angry with myself i spent that much on naming cos it was not necessary. The 1.2M was very urgent and necessary.

May the Lord help us and see us through in this Asiwaju tenure. I didn't vote for him though. I have never been this broke in three years ajeh!

Look forward to you mentioning me on your proposed thread.

My brother, I are a respectable man, I always give more respect to married men than single people, it's not easy feeding people these days, not to even talk of feeding one person...

God will see us through

1 Like

Re: Inflation: Which Item's Price Surprises You? by wunmi590(m): 7:44pm On Nov 14, 2023
Komu1048:

Ur quote is referring to me. God will continue to bless our homes in Jesus name

Amen amen and amen

1 Like

Re: Inflation: Which Item's Price Surprises You? by adolfHitler1934: 5:54pm On Nov 15, 2023
Dshocker:

I will give you 500k, if you show proof that you've cashout from your so called Crypto mining
I am not your age, therefore won't engage you in any conversation.

Respect that.
Re: Inflation: Which Item's Price Surprises You? by sprints1: 3:27pm On Nov 17, 2023
ismhab:

From day 1, I never like the druggie, I knew his policies are to make life unbearable as well as to make rich become more richer while poor to become more poor.
God will bless you
Re: Inflation: Which Item's Price Surprises You? by ismhab(m): 1:39pm On Nov 18, 2023
sprints1:
God will bless you

Amen, God bless you too.
Re: Inflation: Which Item's Price Surprises You? by Chicagoesontop: 6:55am On Nov 23, 2023
narite:

We need to be very conscious that Job alone is no longer enough.

You also need to find a side hustle to do be it offline or online, I will advise you go for something “online” as it is remotely. It takes time to build something but with ample amount of time and sheer persistence, one is bound to be successful. Good luck comrade.

What Job can someone do online to earn some cash, i need to learn and learn it fast .
Re: Inflation: Which Item's Price Surprises You? by Skyrose: 12:32pm On Nov 24, 2023
embarassed
Re: Inflation: Which Item's Price Surprises You? by Annahh(f): 4:50pm On Nov 24, 2023
Skyrose:
Hi ma'am I just got a job in one bank as a direct sales agent and I'm having a second thought that's why I'm seeking your opinion since you work in a bank to know if it's worth it.
is it firstbank?
Re: Inflation: Which Item's Price Surprises You? by Skyrose: 7:32pm On Nov 24, 2023

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

A Complete List Of Nairaland Supermoderators / Lady Crushed To Death In Enugu (Graphic Photos) / Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.