Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,019 members, 7,838,560 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

Top 5 Most Developed Non-capital Cities In Nigeria - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Top 5 Most Developed Non-capital Cities In Nigeria (7096 Views)

Seven (7) Most Developed Cities In Nigeria. In Order Of Development IMHO / 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa / The Top 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 5 Most Developed Non-capital Cities In Nigeria by IamAtikulate: 11:11pm On Nov 11, 2023
tunjijones:

You don go Zaria before?
I live in Zaria.

But I have travelled to all parts of the country, except North East. I know most of the cities in Nigeria in details
Re: Top 5 Most Developed Non-capital Cities In Nigeria by Abagworo(m): 11:12pm On Nov 11, 2023
Aerial view of Umule Community in Osisioma LGA of Abia State.

9 Likes

Re: Top 5 Most Developed Non-capital Cities In Nigeria by IamAtikulate: 11:14pm On Nov 11, 2023
Abagworo:

Are you sure you've even smelt Umuahia not to talk of Aba? Take it easy with the cap. Aba is a city of 5 LGAs while Ikorodu is just 1 LGA so you might want to compare Ikorodu with Osisioma LGA not Aba as a whole. Osisioma is more developed and has more industries and SMEs than Ikorodu. Check Ariaria Market, Umuehilegbi industrial cluster, Osisioma industrial cluster, Geometric power and a host of other industries at Umuchichi and Umuaduru. Osisioma alone can pass for a city by Nigerian standard.
Ikorodu is a glorified village.

It's not anywhere near Aba. Don't waste time on the guy.

I supply farm produce to Ikorodu from Zaria and carry market from Aba to Zaria almost monthly and sometimes twice.

3 Likes

Re: Top 5 Most Developed Non-capital Cities In Nigeria by Abagworo(m): 11:15pm On Nov 11, 2023
Aerial view of parts of umuocham and Okpu Umuobo communities in Osisioma LGA of Abia State

6 Likes

Re: Top 5 Most Developed Non-capital Cities In Nigeria by IamAtikulate: 11:18pm On Nov 11, 2023
Abagworo:

This is just Osisioma, not even inside Aba. I wonder how our Yoruba brothers believe that Ikorodu with zero four storey building is more developed than Aba.

Apart from that Fashola Estate around Makoli side in Igbogbo/Baiyeku LCDA, I have only seen just 1 three storey residential building in all of Ikorodu.

6 Likes

Re: Top 5 Most Developed Non-capital Cities In Nigeria by Badadvisor: 2:43am On Nov 12, 2023
OVB123:
You are right my bro. Places that depend on one institution for survival Such places are known as semi urban area. e.g auchi, nsuka, abraka etc.
Agbani
Re: Top 5 Most Developed Non-capital Cities In Nigeria by Badadvisor: 2:46am On Nov 12, 2023
XerXers:

Your so called worthy of mention should be holistic. Beautiful village or industrial area are not full fledge cities. They should have things like, big markets, a reasonable number of bank branches, stadium, GRA, estates, higher institutions and tertiary hospital, cosmopolitan population, government and church establishments, inner Streets, radio stations, many good hotels, road transport company terminals. Uncountable number of secondary schools. Only Nsukka and Nnewi are qualified for these things
Emene, Enugu.
Re: Top 5 Most Developed Non-capital Cities In Nigeria by LOVEALAIGBO: 3:13am On Nov 12, 2023
Klinee:
Is not the same Zaria that I just recently passed through when am going to Gusua? How can you compare that Zaria with Aba guy? Zaria for me shouldn't be classified as a city yet. The roads there are zero, so dusty. Zaria should be compared to Ekwulobia not up to Aba or even Nnewi level Biko. Though Zaria spread wider but it is empty, road zero, infrastructure zero.

That's surprising considering all the institutions and establishments the federal gov't sited there!
Re: Top 5 Most Developed Non-capital Cities In Nigeria by GoodLife4live: 4:52am On Nov 12, 2023
IamAtikulate:

I know Ota

It doesn't make this list
if i post pictures and video of ota here , non of the place u mentioned above can beat it
Re: Top 5 Most Developed Non-capital Cities In Nigeria by GoodLife4live: 4:57am On Nov 12, 2023
TundeBricklayer:

This is city you are comparing to Ota
stop scamming them OTA look far beautiful than this ... U went to picture the real village in OTA and compare it with that slum in abia..

Oya show me... Aerial view of Amikanle OTA... Oju ore, OTA and Obasanjo OTA in ogun STATE....
Re: Top 5 Most Developed Non-capital Cities In Nigeria by TundeBricklayer: 7:27am On Nov 12, 2023
GoodLife4live:
stop scamming them OTA look far beautiful than this ... U when to pictures the real village in OTA and compare it with that slum in abia..

Oya show me... Aerial view of Amikanle OTA... Oju ore, OTA and Obasanjo OTA in ogun STATE....
Why not show the aerial view, ignorant mind imagine Obasanjo company as aerial view of a major town grin grin I don't know what you guys always smoke, you guys thinking always awkward

4 Likes

Re: Top 5 Most Developed Non-capital Cities In Nigeria by forgiveness: 1:35pm On Nov 12, 2023
XerXers:

Ikorodu can be compared to Osisioma not Aba

Aba wey never na only one small university dey. Dey deceive unaself.
Re: Top 5 Most Developed Non-capital Cities In Nigeria by forgiveness: 1:37pm On Nov 12, 2023
IamAtikulate:

This is just Osisioma, not even inside Aba. I wonder how our Yoruba brothers believe that Ikorodu with zero four storey building is more developed than Aba.

Apart from that Fashola Estate around Makoli side in Igbogbo/Baiyeku LCDA, I have only seen just 1 three storey residential building in all of Ikorodu.

Ikorodu is more developed than Aba. Nothing dey Aba pass market. Once it is 8pm, you will hardly get a transportation and the whole street becomes empty.
Re: Top 5 Most Developed Non-capital Cities In Nigeria by forgiveness: 1:54pm On Nov 12, 2023
Abagworo:

Are you sure you've even smelt Umuahia not to talk of Aba? Take it easy with the cap. Aba is a city of 5 LGAs while Ikorodu is just 1 LGA so you might want to compare Ikorodu with Osisioma LGA not Aba as a whole. Osisioma is more developed and has more industries and SMEs than Ikorodu. Check Ariaria Market, Umuehilegbi industrial cluster, Osisioma industrial cluster, Geometric power and a host of other industries at Umuchichi and Umuaduru. Osisioma alone can pass for a city by Nigerian standard.

Is it not the same Aba? Wey no shopping mall, no big university, etc?

Ikorodu is far bigger than Aba and far more developed.
Re: Top 5 Most Developed Non-capital Cities In Nigeria by igwebuike01: 2:09pm On Nov 12, 2023
Abagworo:
All of them are now Aba. Same way ota, agbara etc are now Lagos
Re: Top 5 Most Developed Non-capital Cities In Nigeria by igwebuike01: 2:11pm On Nov 12, 2023
Badadvisor:

Emene, Enugu.
Emene is Enugu

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Most Developed Non-capital Cities In Nigeria by Badadvisor: 2:29pm On Nov 12, 2023
igwebuike01:

Emene is Enugu
Emene is not enugu city sir.
About 10 minutes drive to enugu city.
Even New haven extension is not enugu town, 5 minutes drive to the city.
Re: Top 5 Most Developed Non-capital Cities In Nigeria by forgiveness: 2:30pm On Nov 12, 2023
IamAtikulate:

After all the descriptions I gave, you still believe I don't know Ikorodu.

If you are going to Ikorodu from Ogolonto, the BRT stand is at the right before the roundabout.

The road to the right leads to Sabo, while the road to the right leads to the Oba palace, a white mansion with black gate.

In front of the palace gate is KFC.

If you drive down, you'll approach the general hospital, INEC office inside the GRA and then Ebute.

You can connect to Igbogbo from that road or you can choose your right to get to Ogolonto.

The Oba of Igbogbo (Adeboruwa) is along Bola Ahmed road before Oreyo Grammar School.

Do you still think I don't Ikorodu?

😂😂😂

Ikorodu is a ghetto compared to Aba.

Part of it.

The biggest market in Ikorodu is Ladega and it's not up to the smallest market in Aba.

Yoruba travel, una say no.

Apart from dangote in Ebute, list other industries in Ikorodu. Aba is called the Japan of Africa for a reason.

There is only ONE three storey building if you drive from Igbogbo through Oriwu to Ikorodu.

Only one.

Where are the roads?

Ijede, Igbogbo, Baiyeku, Igbe, Lucky Fibre, Agric? Where are roads?

Ikorodu is a glorified village compared to Aba

Village has port, more industries, restaurants, malls, fastfood joints, banks, etc than the city Aba? grin

A big city with just 3 or 4 fast food restaurants. Kilimanjaro, Crunchies, Apples, etc. grin Ikorodu has more than 20

No shingbin shopping mall.

Aba with 1 small university and 1 small polytechnic. Covenant polytechnic has relocated to Owerrita. While Ikorodu has 2 big universities.

The other guy the mention power plant but he is not aware Egbin terminal power station in Ikorodu is the largest power plant in Nigeria. grin

Rice mill even dey. grin

How many estate dey Aba? grin Apart from GRA, world bank, nothing dey but in Ikorodu dem too plenty.

Which road dey Aba, Faulks road, omuma, Azikiwe, Aba- Owerri wey Abia poly dey? grin Ogbor hill. Ikorodu has better roads and even inner roads. Something you can only see in GRA. grin

Dey deceive yourself. No 5 storey in Ikorodu. I don tell you say, you no sabi Ikorodu. Na pass you just dey pass.
Re: Top 5 Most Developed Non-capital Cities In Nigeria by forgiveness: 2:31pm On Nov 12, 2023
igwebuike01:

All of them are now Aba. Same way ota, agbara etc are now Lagos

Ota is Lagos!? Bhuhahahahaha. Let Lagos collect tax dere na.
Re: Top 5 Most Developed Non-capital Cities In Nigeria by Abagworo(m): 2:50pm On Nov 12, 2023
forgiveness:

Village has port, more industries, restaurants, malls, fastfood joints, banks, etc than the city Aba? grin

A big city with just 3 or 4 fast food restaurants. Kilimanjaro, Crunchies, Apples, etc. grin Ikorodu has more than 20

Aba with 1 small university and 1 small polytechnic. Covenant polytechnic has relocated to Owerrita. While Ikorodu has 2 big universities.

The other guy the mention power plant but he is not aware Egbin terminal power station in Ikorodu is the largest power plant in Nigeria. grin

Rice mill even dey. grin

How many estate dey Aba? grin Apart from GRA, world bank, nothing dey but in Ikorodu dem too plenty.

Which road dey Aba, Faulks road, omuma, Azikiwe, Aba- Owerri wey Abia poly dey? grin Ogbor hill. Ikorodu has better roads and even inner roads. Something you can only see in GRA. grin

Dey deceive yourself. No 5 storey in Ikorodu. I don tell you say, you no sabi Ikorodu. Na pass you just dey pass.

Umule community alone has at least one thousand 3 to 6 storey buildings. How many are in Ikorodu? Finally you saying Ikorodu has 20 Fastfood as a pride means you've not been to Aba. Chicken Republic alone is up to 10 not to talk of other ones you don't even know like Dominos, Bobby and Pinkberry. To me fastfood is just a measure of middle-class and eating culture not pointer to size or economy of a city. Aba is one of the largest cities in Nigeria and one of the largest economies too even though FG has been unkind to federal roads in the area.

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Most Developed Non-capital Cities In Nigeria by IamAtikulate: 4:32pm On Nov 12, 2023
forgiveness:

You go explain tire. No evidence

All these noise you mentioned are in within Ikorodu garage. Where are the Ikorodu industries?

Name them.

forgiveness:

Where are the 20 in Ikorodu?

forgiveness:

Ikorodu has two universities while Ikeja has none. Does it make Ikorodu more developed than Aba?

forgiveness:

Aba has two indigenous power projects. One powering Ariaria and Geometric that will power the city 24/7

forgiveness:

Rice mill even dey. grin
Because it's a village

forgiveness:

Most of what they call estates in Ikorodu don't even qualify as one in Aba. Just buy two stoopid gates, hire a hungry man as gate man and you'll have an estate in Ikorodu

forgiveness:

Name the roads in Ikorodu.

forgiveness:

Not even a single one.

Only stunted bungalows full the city. Before you see only one storey building, you'll walk tire.

Two storey >> you will shed blood as tears

Three storey >> your legs will break

Four storey >> na only God go help you

Five storey >> you go die resurrect and still nothing

😂😂😂

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Most Developed Non-capital Cities In Nigeria by IamAtikulate: 4:34pm On Nov 12, 2023
forgiveness:

Ikorodu is more developed than Aba. Nothing dey Aba pass market. Once it is 8pm, you will hardly get a transportation and the whole street becomes empty.
Only fools believe Ikorodu is more developed than Aba. Walai

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Most Developed Non-capital Cities In Nigeria by Abagworo(m): 4:38pm On Nov 12, 2023
IamAtikulate:

Aba has two indigenous power projects. One powering Ariaria and Geometric that will power the city 24/7

Aba has more than 2. I only mentioned Geometric because my focus was on Osisioma LGA. There are 2 power plants at Ugwunagbo LGA and 1 more at Aba North LGA.

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Most Developed Non-capital Cities In Nigeria by OVB123: 4:40pm On Nov 12, 2023
Badadvisor:

Emene is not enugu city sir.
About 10 minutes drive to enugu city.
Even New haven extension is not enugu town, 5 minutes drive to the city.
As far it is less than 20 minutes drive, it is in enugu city. Please, stop segregating them from enugu may city because cunurbation is already catch up with it.
Re: Top 5 Most Developed Non-capital Cities In Nigeria by PHIPEX(m): 4:43pm On Nov 12, 2023
Obagreatdatoye:
U are not serious...non of those cities aside lag can stand ogbomosho, ikare, sagamu, Akugba, Agbara, ota, sango, mowe e.t.c
This one has never left his village
Re: Top 5 Most Developed Non-capital Cities In Nigeria by PHIPEX(m): 4:48pm On Nov 12, 2023
Obagreatdatoye:

You are the dumbest here....that do not no the meaning of cities.
Your onitsha can't even stand ota let alone agbara or ikare. Yes!
In the interest of your future children, try to step out of that your community. Is it the Ota that the only tarred road is the major road that runs from Sango bus stop to Atan junction axis toward Idiroko boarder? or Agbara that runs from Atan Junction to Agbara bus stop with no motorable road? the rest are full of untarred roads with bungalows scattered everywhere?

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Most Developed Non-capital Cities In Nigeria by forgiveness: 4:52pm On Nov 12, 2023
IamAtikulate:

You go explain tire. No evidence

All these noise you mentioned are in within Ikorodu garage. Where are the Ikorodu industries?

Name them.

Where are the 20 in Ikorodu?

Ikorodu has two universities while Ikeja has none. Does it make Ikorodu more developed than Aba?

Because it's a village

Most of what they call estates in Ikorodu don't even qualify as one in Aba. Just buy two stoopid gates, hire a hungry man as gate man and you'll have an estate in Ikorodu

Name the roads in Ikorodu.

Not even a single one.

Only stunted bungalows full the city. Before you see only one storey building, you'll walk tire.

Two storey >> you will shed blood as tears

Three storey >> your legs will break

Four storey >> na only God go help you

Five storey >> you go die resurrect and still nothing

😂😂😂

Ikeja has college of Medicine, university of Lagos and Lagos city polytechnic. Olodo. grin

Rice mill na farm for ya eyes? grin Olodo. It's for processing of rice. grin

Aba no get estate. No better accommodation. Storey with no water. Person go carry water from 1k before em go claim staircase go 3 storey buildings. Chaiiii!
Re: Top 5 Most Developed Non-capital Cities In Nigeria by PHIPEX(m): 4:56pm On Nov 12, 2023
Abagworo:
Aerial view of parts of umuocham and Okpu Umuobo communities in Osisioma LGA of Abia State
This is better than anywhere in Ikorodu
Re: Top 5 Most Developed Non-capital Cities In Nigeria by forgiveness: 5:06pm On Nov 12, 2023
Abagworo:

Umule community alone has at least one thousand 3 to 6 storey buildings. How many are in Ikorodu? Finally you saying Ikorodu has 20 Fastfood as a pride means you've not been to Aba. Chicken Republic alone is up to 10 not to talk of other ones you don't even know like Dominos, Bobby and Pinkberry. To me fastfood is just a measure of middle-class and eating culture not pointer to size or economy of a city. Aba is one of the largest cities in Nigeria and one of the largest economies too even though FG has been unkind to federal roads in the area.

Umule road opposite 7 deck? Oga, most of those building don't have access to water and inner street roads are bad. That's not development. Development is about good infrastructures and Ikorodu is ahead of Aba in this area.

Chicken republic upto 10? Why u dey lie like this, huh?
Re: Top 5 Most Developed Non-capital Cities In Nigeria by Abagworo(m): 5:33pm On Nov 12, 2023
forgiveness:

Umule road opposite 7 deck? Oga, most of those building don't have access to water and inner street roads are bad. That's not development. Development is about good infrastructures and Ikorodu is ahead of Aba in this area.

Chicken republic upto 10? Why u dey lie like this, huh?

I've checked google map and got 7 but I know it should be more than 10 going by photos I've seen from several sources. I don't live in Aba nor have I visited the city for years but I do follow up development across Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Most Developed Non-capital Cities In Nigeria by ebufa: 6:02pm On Nov 12, 2023
Pristine664:

That is the problem with you guys, you can do anything to rubbish the region that host you and give you life after escaping from your "eldorado" region.

what nonsense are you even spewing! since when did Igbos become aliens in their own country!!! you must be mad or worse! More igbos live in Igboland than elsewhere! You are pissed for the modest success of ndigbo around yorubaland!

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Most Developed Non-capital Cities In Nigeria by IamAtikulate: 6:07pm On Nov 12, 2023
forgiveness:

Ikeja has college of Medicine, university of Lagos and Lagos city polytechnic. Olodo. grin

Rice mill na farm for ya eyes? grin Olodo. It's for processing of rice. grin

Aba no get estate. No better accommodation. Storey with no water. Person go carry water from 1k before em go claim staircase go 3 storey buildings. Chaiiii!
Even if Aba stops developing, it'll take Ikorodu a thousand years of constant development to catch up.

FACT

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Address Food Insecurity With Immediate Priority – IMF Urges FG / Governor Kashim Shettima Affirmed As APC Governorship Candidate For Borno State / Insecurity: Osinbajo, Christian Lawmakers Hold Prayer Session Thursday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.