Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

I Rejected My Suitor’s Marriage Advances Because He Was 30 Years Older’ - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Rejected My Suitor’s Marriage Advances Because He Was 30 Years Older’ (491 Views)

A 19-Year-Old Lady Is In Love With Me, I'm 10 Years Older. I'm Scared / My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor / My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Rejected My Suitor’s Marriage Advances Because He Was 30 Years Older’ by Islie: 4:29pm On Nov 11, 2023
By Adekunle Sulaimon

Zainab Abidoye.

A 22-year-old lady, Zainab Abidoye, has claimed that she rejected her suitor’s marriage advances because he was about 30 years older than her.

Abidoye, who had just graduated from the University of Ilorin, added that although the man, identified as Alhaji, was taking care of her needs while they were dating before things began to get sour when he was pressurising her for marriage, and she declined.

Recounting her experience with the man who has now gotten married to another woman on Thursday via X (formerly Twitter), the UNILORIN graduate wrote, “This man that I refused to marry decided to send me a wedding video of him and his small wife today at 6 am. Was I pained? Yes, a little bit, can’t lie. But did I regret my decision? No!!!! The lady even looks exactly like me, same shape and, the same complexion. Men are funny” (she expressed with a laughing emoji).

The lady in a new development noted that aside from age difference, the marriage advance was also rejected on toxicity grounds and some other reasons she wouldn’t like to go into in detail.

She wrote, “Wasn’t expecting my tweet to go viral, but since a lot of people are curious.

“He was 30 years older than me; He wanted me to be his second wife, which I’ve vowed not to ever be; He was toxic (won’t go into details); He has a lot of money to take care of me, which he was generous about can’t lie but that’s not enough reason for me to marry him, it’ll be very bad of me to marry him because of money because what if the money goes away? And I was/am not ready for marriage so….”

“Lastly, I believe in my abilities a lot and I believe I can be a millionaire too in the future so why marry someone I don’t like cuz the the love wasn’t there no matter how hard he tried? I rejected,” she stressed.

Meanwhile, a check by PUNCH Online to verify the claim she had made revealed that Abidoye and the Osogbo-based Alhaji (name withheld) had been dating since she was an undergraduate in the university, and he had allegedly been funding her extravagant lifestyle.

According to the source who craved anonymity, Abidoye was a Hijabi (A Muslim woman who follows the religious practice of wearing a head covering such as a hijab), and that was what grew Alhaji’s interest in her.

“He (Alhaji) funded several of her trips out of the country, and things have been going well between them, but Zainab betrayed him when it was time to marry him, claiming that he is too old.

“It was Alhaji’s son who called her out on social media when his mother informed him.

“In fact, she was given the Young And Getting It award (YAGI) by her Faculty when she was an undergraduate,” the source added.

However, Zainab’s tweet on September 14, 2023, countered the claim by the source that her trip was sponsored by her supposed suitor as she revealed that her five voyages out of the country were sponsored by her parents.

“My parents have so much faith in me tbh, This is the fifth country I’m travelling to solo and they’ve supported me all the way. So so grateful for them (sic).

https://punchng.com/i-rejected-my-suitors-marriage-advances-because-he-was-30-years-older/?amp

Nlfpmod
Re: I Rejected My Suitor’s Marriage Advances Because He Was 30 Years Older’ by TemplarLandry: 4:29pm On Nov 11, 2023
cool
Re: I Rejected My Suitor’s Marriage Advances Because He Was 30 Years Older’ by PoliteActivist: 4:58pm On Nov 11, 2023
Re: I Rejected My Suitor’s Marriage Advances Because He Was 30 Years Older’ by Solofresh2: 5:00pm On Nov 11, 2023
Men will never listen, they will cherish,and keep cherishing women.Woman wey no send una papa.
This women you see around, most of them don't even know what they want. Even if this girl marry the Alhaji,she will still cheat on the Alhaji with one young boy.Women will use you to satisfy their self interest and leave you behind.
As a man you need to apply wisdom in all areas of your life
Re: I Rejected My Suitor’s Marriage Advances Because He Was 30 Years Older’ by N3TRAL: 5:03pm On Nov 11, 2023
I support the girl who made a decision that will accord her a happy marriage with a younger groom she loves.

Let's face it, when we talk about a better society, it doesn't start and end with the government. It also includes private individuals with means who neglect the downtrodden amongst us to chase small girls.

Read the lives of countries like America and see the philanthropic gesture an average millionaire shows to the less privileged.

It doesn't matter if it's your private money, you have failed if you're spending millions on the latest mobile devices and vacations for a little girl who is younger than your children when you have a wife.

Give just 2 million of that money to an enterprising orphan at Onitsha and watch him grow wealth that will lift 10 people out of poverty in future. Sponsor the professional degree of the poor brilliant first daughter at Ilorin and make her parents and siblings smile forever. That's how societies develop.

I encourage the girl's action because in a sane setting the only thing the so-called Alhaji owes her is a scholarship. I will only pity the Alhaji if he publishes the educational or entrepreneurship trust fund he set up for his community.
Re: I Rejected My Suitor’s Marriage Advances Because He Was 30 Years Older’ by Bliss62: 6:12pm On Nov 11, 2023
cool

Well different stroke for different folks

Maturity of a man and age is very important than six packs and youthfulness, goodluck to her

Re: I Rejected My Suitor’s Marriage Advances Because He Was 30 Years Older’ by Agwotulumbe1: 6:36pm On Nov 11, 2023
Bliss62:
cool

Well different stroke for different folks

Maturity of a man and age is very important than six packs and youthfulness, goodluck to her

shatap
Re: I Rejected My Suitor’s Marriage Advances Because He Was 30 Years Older’ by Nobody: 8:23pm On Nov 11, 2023
Islie:

https://punchng.com/i-rejected-my-suitors-marriage-advances-because-he-was-30-years-older/?amp

Nlfpmod

Post the picture of the man or gerrout of here with your age mentality.

Very soon, you'll turn to 50 without a husband and child and be begging your ancestors to come marry you.

Pride goeth before the fall.

(1) (Reply)

'will You Marry Me' Choir Leader Gets Stunning Proposal While Leading Praise / How To Get A Cute And Handsome Guy In Search Of True Love (whatsapp Number) / Is It Right To Go On A Date With A Boy Or Girl When U Still Have A BF Or GF?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.