Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,818 members, 7,827,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

Pope Francis Fires Bishop Joseph Strickland - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis Fires Bishop Joseph Strickland (21950 Views)

Nigerian Man Rebukes Church Of Satan On Twitter. The Church Fires Back / Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married / Pope Francis Kisses And Blesses Nigerian Boy Who Went Missing In Rome. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Francis Fires Bishop Joseph Strickland by NwaliE01: 10:27am On Nov 12, 2023
What kind of leaderships are we producing in this age and time?
Re: Pope Francis Fires Bishop Joseph Strickland by allthingsgood: 10:28am On Nov 12, 2023
jaeyking:
undecided undecided
Same-sex is sinful
Stealing is sinful
Fornication or adultery is sinful

Turn away from sin and accept Christ's nature

But then

Love your neighbours as you love yourself.

Don't judge

Gbam
Re: Pope Francis Fires Bishop Joseph Strickland by zhirkovrado(m): 10:29am On Nov 12, 2023
kkins25:

Take note, God didn't destroy Sodom and Gomorrah because of homosexuality. The people wanted to rape the "visitors" as a means to humiliate them. I wouldn't even say "God' destroyed, but rather the "visitors" destroyed.

Don't you question why lot was willing to give up his only daughters to be raped to death? As a matter of fact, it was not righteousness that saved lot, it was simply his connection to Abraham. That was all. I've seen Christian authors try to concert shenanigans (subconscious infiltration of thoughts kobo!!!) to claim that lot was righteous. Will a righteous man throw out his daughters like that? Think godamnit! Think!

Yes God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah because of homosexuality. The visitors as you have said were actually angels who were sent by God to destroy the city. Their attempt to sleep with the visitors was rather an accelerating factor that prompt their destruction.
So it's right and safe to profess that the city was destroyed because of homosexuality because the angels didn't went there to lodge but rather to destroy the city.
Re: Pope Francis Fires Bishop Joseph Strickland by dinachi(m): 10:37am On Nov 12, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-67390366
World first homosexual Pope Francis. God will judge you!
Re: Pope Francis Fires Bishop Joseph Strickland by Trumpdonald5: 10:49am On Nov 12, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

I hardly read comments from uncouth people and neither do I respond to uncouth comments, I just report them to mods.

The first English translation was done by William Tyndale. Prior to that, most of us have no clue of what could be today's equivalent of 'reforms. Some of the errors of Tyndale still remain till date including the error in inserting the name James itself in the English Bible translation among many other errors that existed even before Politicians like King James stepped in. I know these things and my point has always been , are the ones where there are no errors sufficient for salvation? I believe so.

Smh
Re: Pope Francis Fires Bishop Joseph Strickland by comodo: 10:53am On Nov 12, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

It has been revealed that this Pope will come even before now. The Catholic church is d last bastion and he is the one that will be used to break it down. This is d beginning. Many will revolt against the authority of Rome.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishcentral.com/roots/history/st-malachy-prophecy-pope-francis.amp

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Fires Bishop Joseph Strickland by cococandy(f): 11:02am On Nov 12, 2023
I love the Catholic church but if would be more vocal in condemning priests who sexually molest young children, I might consider coming back.

The progressive stance (while awesome) makes no meaning to me if they still shield sexual abuse by some of their “anointed” men of God. They should be publicly excommunicated

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pope Francis Fires Bishop Joseph Strickland by kkins25(m): 11:05am On Nov 12, 2023
zhirkovrado:

Yes God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah because of homosexuality. The visitors as you have said were actually angels who were sent by God to destroy the city. Their attempt to sleep with the visitors was rather an accelerating factor that prompt their destruction.
So it's right and safe to profess that the city was destroyed because of homosexuality because the angels didn't went there to lodge but rather to destroy the city.

There were many homosexual people among many tribes scattered across the globe, why only Sodom and Gomorrah? It was Abrahams plea that saved Lot, not Lot's righteousness.

23Then Abraham came near and said, “Will you indeed sweep away the righteous with the wicked? 24Suppose there are fifty righteous within the city; will you then sweep away the place and not forgive it for the fifty righteous who are in it? 25Far be it from you to do such a thing, to slay the righteous with the wicked, so that the righteous fare as the wicked! Far be that from you! Shall not the Judge of all the earth do what is just?” 26And the Lord said, “If I find at Sodom fifty righteous in the city, I will forgive the whole place for their sake.” 27Abraham answered, “Let me take it upon myself to speak to the Lord, I who am but dust and ashes. 28Suppose five of the fifty righteous are lacking? Will you destroy the whole city for lack of five?” And he said, “I will not destroy it if I find forty-five there.” 29Again he spoke to him, “Suppose forty are found there.” He answered, “For the sake of forty I will not do it.” 30Then he said, “Oh do not let the Lord be angry if I speak. Suppose thirty are found there.” He answered, “I will not do it, if I find thirty there.” 31He said, “Let me take it upon myself to speak to the Lord. Suppose twenty are found there.” He answered, “For the sake of twenty I will not destroy it.” 32Then he said, “Oh do not let the Lord be angry if I speak just once more. Suppose ten are found there.” He answered, “For the sake of ten I will not destroy it.” 33And the Lord went his way, when he had finished speaking to Abraham; and Abraham returned to his place.

Take a close look at verse 26..

26And the Lord said, “If I find at Sodom fifty righteous in the city, I will forgive the whole place for their sake.”

"If I find..."
Re: Pope Francis Fires Bishop Joseph Strickland by 2elliot: 11:07am On Nov 12, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Pray for the catholic Church in same manner as you pray for Ukraine, Russia, Isreal and Palestine.

The Church is at war with itself and truth. Even here in Nigeria, the Catholics are at war with themselves and the truth. Some are in favour of the reforms and saying " Yes Daddy " upandan while some are opposed to it but can't speak up against it because they are scared of losing. Father Mbaka and other Nigerian Catholics would have reacted to this if it's local Nigerian politics, endorsing candidates. For the supporters of Father Mbaka, this doesn't involve attacking the Bishop of Enugu Diocese. Father Kuka would have written a long piece to lambast our leaders as not being truthful.

So what's the truth? With account of how they have used their influence to interpret and dispense their faith, could the Catholic Church be today facing its past? At some point in the world, they were the only one with the original scrolls and its content.

To what extent can they 'reform' and to what extent in the past have they reformed the original scrolls content of today's authority from which the Christian faith draws its doctrines?This Catholic sef. Let us just pray for them.Check my signature for free stuffs!
You don swear for yourself sey you no wan get sense for this life
Re: Pope Francis Fires Bishop Joseph Strickland by BarrElChapo(m): 11:11am On Nov 12, 2023
Well he who suffers for the truth of Christ and his church has a reward in heaven. Take heart My Lord.
Re: Pope Francis Fires Bishop Joseph Strickland by Kukutente23: 11:12am On Nov 12, 2023
kkins25:

Take note, God didn't destroy Sodom and Gomorrah because of homosexuality. The people wanted to rape the "visitors" as a means to humiliate them. I wouldn't even say "God' destroyed, but rather the "visitors" destroyed.

Don't you question why lot was willing to give up his only daughters to be raped to death? As a matter of fact, it was not righteousness that saved lot, it was simply his connection to Abraham. That was all. I've seen Christian authors try to concert shenanigans (subconscious infiltration of thoughts kobo!!!) to claim that lot was righteous. Will a righteous man throw out his daughters like that? Think godamnit! Think!
Stop twisting the Bible to suit your bias. Read Genesis 18:20-22
Then the Lord said, “The outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is so great and their sin so grievous 21 that I will go down and see if what they have done is as bad as the outcry that has reached me. If not, I will know.”

22 The men turned away and went toward Sodom, but Abraham remained standing before the Lord.[d] 23 Then Abraham approached him and said: “Will you sweep away the righteous with the wicked?

The three men were God's messengers to find out if what was reported to God about Sodom and Gomorrah was true.

As to your second claim that Lot was not righteous, same Genesis established Lot's righteousness. Lot offered the men his daughters because he was sworn to protect his visitors as custom demands and he knew no other way to stop the randy men from violating his visitors. To his mind, it was better to bear the pain of rape of his daughters than look on while his visitors were violated under his roof.
Secondly, it is possible Lot's daughters had already become part of the immorality in Sodom which their father was unaware of. This can be seen in their behaviour with him when they were left alone with him.

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Fires Bishop Joseph Strickland by zedegit: 11:12am On Nov 12, 2023
muhamadnur:
the Vatican is direct reflection of what Christianity is a false and dead religion

Seek the truth

I come in peace

The Vatican is not Christianity but a body of men who have clearly lost their ways.
Re: Pope Francis Fires Bishop Joseph Strickland by Ever8090: 11:14am On Nov 12, 2023
kkins25:

the question to your claim that God did not destroy Sodom and Gomorrah for homosexuality is, " why was the visitors there in the first place, ?

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Fires Bishop Joseph Strickland by Goldmaxx(f): 11:19am On Nov 12, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Pope simply exercising his political power. The man was simply being silly. You don't enter a corporation, begin to oppose the CEO and not expect him to cut you off when he finally becomes tired of your shenanigans. undecided
So a church is now a corporation?
What happened to continuous forgiveness?
Forgive 77x7?
Re: Pope Francis Fires Bishop Joseph Strickland by Wizardslayer: 11:19am On Nov 12, 2023
Am a Catholic, but i know that for long the pope Francis has been compromised.

The pope has deviated.

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Fires Bishop Joseph Strickland by Goldmaxx(f): 11:20am On Nov 12, 2023
kkins25:

What's the meaning of Sodomy?
Re: Pope Francis Fires Bishop Joseph Strickland by 2elliot: 11:20am On Nov 12, 2023
Nijagogetsense:

The same way crime will continue...
More reason why I left religion and the god sh!t to become a better version of myself...
If it is because of the corruption of sin is why you have stopped being religious, then you just dey play. The race is a personal one, no one will finish it for you. If you allow what is happening in the world to change your mind even when the Bible has told you that corruption will multiply during the last days, then you just dey play. You have no excuse on judgement day.
Re: Pope Francis Fires Bishop Joseph Strickland by zhirkovrado(m): 11:23am On Nov 12, 2023
kkins25:

There were many homosexual people among many tribes scattered across the globe, why only Sodom and Gomorrah? It was Abrahams plea that saved Lot, not Lot's righteousness.

Take a close look at verse 26..

"If I find..."

So what is your point now??
Re: Pope Francis Fires Bishop Joseph Strickland by kkins25(m): 11:24am On Nov 12, 2023
Kukutente23:

Stop twisting the Bible to suit your bias. Read Genesis 18:20-22

The three men were God's messengers to find out if what was reported to God about Sodom and Gomorrah was true.
I wonder who was doing the "reporting," after all, God introduced himself to only Abraham, and not Lot. but...Okay!

As to your second claim that Lot was not righteous, same Genesis established Lot's righteousness. Lot offered the men his daughters because he was sworn to protect his visitors as custom demands and he knew no other way to stop the randy men from violating his visitors. To his mind, it was better to bear the pain of rape of his daughters than look on while his visitors were violated under his roof.
It was not any custom to take care of the guest. If so, the people wouldn't have come knocking on their door. Lot probably saw men who looked like they had power(Lot was no ordinary civilian himself: real recognize real) and wanted to entertain them. The angels refused--remember, they don't even know Lot. If Abraham hadn't pleaded, Lot would have been destroyed along side them. Abraham knew Lot was there and begged on his behalf and his behalf only.

Secondly, it is possible Lot's daughters had already become part of the immorality in Sodom which their father was aware of. This can be seen in their behaviour with him when they were left alone with him.

Of course, typically misogynist. Blame the victims...

Here you go: Gen 19:8 Behold now, I have two daughters which have not known man: let me, I pray you, bring them out unto you, and do ye to them as is good in your eyes: only unto these men do nothing; for therefore came they under the shadow of my roof.

There were innocent girls. Bear in mind that Lot has no agreement with YHWH whatsoever. So, righteousness is out of the question. Lot was a high ranking official in Sodom. That's why the Angels met him at the "gate."

Mind you, there's speculation that Lot had other daughters who didn't follow him.
Re: Pope Francis Fires Bishop Joseph Strickland by linearity: 11:25am On Nov 12, 2023
jaeyking:
undecided undecided
Same-sex is sinful
Stealing is sinful
Fornication or adultery is sinful

Turn away from sin and accept Christ's nature

But then

Love your neighbours as you love yourself.

Don't judge

This is the hypocrisy on the side of those opposing the Pope!

If you are a Catholic and commits fornication, adultery or steals, all you need do is come to confession on Saturday, confess and Father would prescribe 10x Hail Mary, 3x Our Father, and 2x Glory be to God….depending on the magnitude of your sins and voila! You are good to take Holy Communion on Sunday!

Monday morning you go back into since and continue the ritual next Saturday, year in and year out. You don’t get excommunicated, in fact the Catholic doctrine mandates you must constantly go to confession because it acknowledges that we are habitual sinners!

It is these same habitual sinners who themselves needs Grace, Mercy and Forgiveness that sits in Judgment against others, when Jesus himself have said

‘….allow the wheat and the weed to grow together until harvest day…”

Some habitual sinners will come to Jesus and say, Jesus we disagree, you don’t know how terrible the other sinner is, they are immorally corrupt and deprived, I am a better, good and upstanding sinner than they are, so they must be uprooted and shamed and excommunicated. 👀

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Fires Bishop Joseph Strickland by Akanoaaa(m): 11:28am On Nov 12, 2023
The Pope is agent of Satan
Re: Pope Francis Fires Bishop Joseph Strickland by kkins25(m): 11:33am On Nov 12, 2023
Goldmaxx:
What's the meaning of Sodomy?

"Sodomy" was derived from "sodomiticum," "Sin of Sodom."
Re: Pope Francis Fires Bishop Joseph Strickland by kkins25(m): 11:34am On Nov 12, 2023
Ever8090:
the question to your claim that God did not destroy Sodom and Gomorrah for homosexuality is, " why was the visitors there in the first place, ?

Ezekiel 16:48–50 compares Jerusalem to Sodom, saying "As I live, saith the Lord GOD, Sodom thy sister hath not done, she nor her daughters, as thou hast done, thou and thy daughters. Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom: pride, fulness of bread, and careless ease was in her and in her daughters; neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy. And they were haughty, and committed abomination before Me; therefore I removed them when I saw it."
Re: Pope Francis Fires Bishop Joseph Strickland by Goldmaxx(f): 11:36am On Nov 12, 2023
kkins25:

"Sodomy" was derived from "sodomiticum," "Sin of Sodom."
Why do they use sodomized when you anally penetrate a male (most times in times of rape)?
Re: Pope Francis Fires Bishop Joseph Strickland by kkins25(m): 11:37am On Nov 12, 2023
zhirkovrado:

So what is your point now??
The only reason Lot was spared was because he attended the Angels. Giving your daughters out to strangers to fvck is just another tuesday for someone living in sodom.
Re: Pope Francis Fires Bishop Joseph Strickland by kkins25(m): 11:38am On Nov 12, 2023
Goldmaxx:
Why do they use sodomized when you anally penetrate a male (most times in times of rape)?
Because we associate the event that took place when the strangers came knocking at the doors of the Angel with the name of the town it took place. See below for you education:
kkins25:

Ezekiel 16:48–50 compares Jerusalem to Sodom, saying "As I live, saith the Lord GOD, Sodom thy sister hath not done, she nor her daughters, as thou hast done, thou and thy daughters. Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom: pride, fulness of bread, and careless ease was in her and in her daughters; neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy. And they were haughty, and committed abomination before Me; therefore I removed them when I saw it."
Re: Pope Francis Fires Bishop Joseph Strickland by very4tune8: 11:44am On Nov 12, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Pray for the catholic Church in same manner as you pray for Ukraine, Russia, Isreal and Palestine.

The Church is at war with itself and truth. Even here in Nigeria, the Catholics are at war with themselves and the truth. Some are in favour of the reforms and saying " Yes Daddy " upandan while some are opposed to it but can't speak up against it because they are scared of losing. Father Mbaka and other Nigerian Catholics would have reacted to this if it's local Nigerian politics, endorsing candidates. For the supporters of Father Mbaka, this doesn't involve attacking the Bishop of Enugu Diocese. Father Kuka would have written a long piece to lambast our leaders as not being truthful.

So what's the truth? With account of how they have used their influence to interpret and dispense their faith, could the Catholic Church be today facing its past? At some point in the world, they were the only one with the original scrolls and its content.

To what extent can they 'reform' and to what extent in the past have they reformed the original scrolls content of today's authority from which the Christian faith draws its doctrines?This Catholic sef. Let us just pray for them.Check my signature for free stuffs!

Oga abeg keep mute if you don't know what to say.

This is not Nigeria politics. Make thunder no fire you.
Face Nigeria politics and leave the Roman Catholic Church alone.

Ode.
Re: Pope Francis Fires Bishop Joseph Strickland by Originalsly: 11:46am On Nov 12, 2023
He needs to be fired. How can he be disrespecting the CEO of the business and going against the new doctrine? ... all these years in the organization and believed the Bible is above Catholic Doctrine? ... in a cult and didn't even know.... he got to go.
Re: Pope Francis Fires Bishop Joseph Strickland by QueenDima47(f): 11:51am On Nov 12, 2023
Kukutente23:

Everything is politics to you
You sound narrow-minded and myopic
As to your last line, be informed that protestant bibles was written by a committee of scholars commissioned by King James and not the Catholic Church.
The Catholic Church was still stuck with the vulgate when KJV was released in early 17th century.
You are still talking about protestant that doesn't know we exist. You have been hypnotized and this makes you completely blind. You shall grow to realize your mistakes. You are in bondage with lies and dogma

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Fires Bishop Joseph Strickland by Positivepoint(m): 11:51am On Nov 12, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Lot of people don't understand why the west are fighting Islam with propaganda and violence because they have already succeeded in corrupting Christianity but Islam is the only religion standing in their way before ushering Satanism.
Re: Pope Francis Fires Bishop Joseph Strickland by Focusmind: 11:53am On Nov 12, 2023
Know this and Know the truth: The last Pope of the Catholic Church was Carol Wojctila aka Pope John Paul the second, shown below. All other Pope that came after him are just pretenders to the throne, including the current occupier. The current occupier has watered down the very value and foundation of the church in this his so called reform just to be seen in the good books of the Liberal West.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Father Mbaka Heals A Blind Man At Adoration Crusade - TrezzyHelm (Photos) / Ibidun Ighodalo Celebrates Her Adopted Children, Keke And Zenan / Kenyan Bus Preacher Angry For Getting Little Offering From Passengers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.