Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,146 members, 7,811,227 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:06 AM

Why Your Paper Bible Is Better Than Phone Bible - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Your Paper Bible Is Better Than Phone Bible (14854 Views)

Is It Ok To Use Your Phone's Bible App Instead Of Your Bible In Church?? / Which Version Of The Christian Bible Is The Best? / If The Bible Is A Fairy-Tale, Then Why Is It Banned In At Least 52 Countries? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Your Paper Bible Is Better Than Phone Bible by nairamaniac: 10:51am On Nov 12, 2023
Absuchat:

Says a nairamaniac grin
grin
Re: Why Your Paper Bible Is Better Than Phone Bible by tesppidd: 10:56am On Nov 12, 2023
killsmith:

Why is the Vatican City and the easter celebration named after pagan goddesses vatika and ishtar?
You must be suffering from dementia and dyslexia...
Re: Why Your Paper Bible Is Better Than Phone Bible by tesppidd: 11:01am On Nov 12, 2023
DARLINGTON869:

I don't see any hipocrisy anywhere. Electronic gadgets have the complete bible just like the paper bible, thus almost making it The same thing . The only primary issue here is the distraction that comes from reading through electronic gadgets. Bulletin on the other hand does not in any ramifications equate to the bible. It's nothing other than a pamphlet containing few scriptural references and order of service guidelines. My issue with bulletins from day one is dat it seriously restricts the manifestation of the holy spirit in church services. Because of the bulletin, Everything is just done religiously and ceremoniously during service.....thus restricting the flow of the holy spirit to enable worshippers declare word of knowledge, prophecy, and other diverse gifts during service.
Rubbish Nonsense Gibberish.

Stop defending nonsense.

Holy Spirit this, Holy Spirit that.

In this context there is no difference between reading from the bulletin and reading from your phone or big asss flat screen TV cus according to you guys reading from the bulletin did not carry the grace which came from reading directly from the Holy Bible.

So same way, there is no grace reading from your phone and flat screen as well.

Na the grace wey una say e nor de for bulletin na im be my point.

Stop insisting on your hypocrisy. You've been rounded up.

1 Like

Re: Why Your Paper Bible Is Better Than Phone Bible by killsmith(f): 11:04am On Nov 12, 2023
tesppidd:
You must be suffering from dementia and dyslexia...
You were asked a simple question and look at your response. That is why you are a failure in life.
Re: Why Your Paper Bible Is Better Than Phone Bible by tesppidd: 11:06am On Nov 12, 2023
killsmith:

You were asked a simple question and look at your response. That is why you are a failure in life.
And Who are you to ask me that question? Are you buying data for me?

How does that relate to the thread topic

Brought a question straight out ya assss and asking me rubbish..

I choose what to respond to and what not to respond to.

Even your father can't look me in the face and ask me questions!

That's the problem with useless Christians thinking it's denomination that will give them salvation.
Re: Why Your Paper Bible Is Better Than Phone Bible by TradingGod: 11:08am On Nov 12, 2023
Goodlyhrt:
If I want to cast out demons which one should I use paper or phone bible sad
use your mouth!

The Word of God is meant to be in our heart & lips
Re: Why Your Paper Bible Is Better Than Phone Bible by TradingGod: 11:12am On Nov 12, 2023
killsmith:
Your mates are reading books on nanotechnology, artifical intelligence, programmable matter and anti-matter, quantum gravity.... you're reading a book written by cavemen.
you that have read all of them, what have you invented?
Re: Why Your Paper Bible Is Better Than Phone Bible by aoshea18: 11:13am On Nov 12, 2023
Go and download the Youversion bible that has the bible in all the languages in the world. You can listen to the bible in SO MANY languages. Moreover you get to do everything you can do with a physical bible with added benefits. Your mobile phone is almost always with you and that means you carry your bible with you everywhere. You have your details backed up in the cloud so that bible and all the markings stay with you forever. It doesn't suffer wear and tear like a physical bible. Don't resist tech advancements. Learn to understand that these things are for the advancement of the Gospel. Shalom

Re: Why Your Paper Bible Is Better Than Phone Bible by killsmith(f): 11:14am On Nov 12, 2023
TradingGod:
you that have read all of them, what have you invented?
Continue giving excuses for your foolishness.
Re: Why Your Paper Bible Is Better Than Phone Bible by Abrahamweb(m): 11:15am On Nov 12, 2023
michlins:
Do you know the best form of Bible, the stone Bible. Like stone tablets. It will come with more intentionality.

Nonsense!!!!
You wicked
😂😂😂😂😂
Re: Why Your Paper Bible Is Better Than Phone Bible by jpmoriarti(m): 11:17am On Nov 12, 2023
Christ never read the paper bible. He read the scrolls

So if you really want to imitate Christ, you have to go get the scroll and read from there.

Book bible was invented in the 14th or so century, over a thousand years after the death of Christ.

Phone bible and book bible are all the same

1 Like

Re: Why Your Paper Bible Is Better Than Phone Bible by TradingGod: 11:17am On Nov 12, 2023
Hohenheim:

Who's this clown?
He made this thread on a public forum and anyone can give their opinion.

It's high time you Nigerian christians learn that just as you have the right to spread your word I have the right to call you on your bullshit
mind your business

And respect the views of others

If you continually attack people who dont attack you, it shows your tolerance level is low and it shows your level of maturity

Live and let others live
Re: Why Your Paper Bible Is Better Than Phone Bible by TradingGod: 11:20am On Nov 12, 2023
killsmith:

Continue giving excuses for your foolishness.

If you can't list all your inventions that has helped humanity then keep quiet because you are no different from the people you criticize undecided
Re: Why Your Paper Bible Is Better Than Phone Bible by DARLINGTON869(m): 11:24am On Nov 12, 2023
tesppidd:
Rubbish Nonsense Gibberish.

Stop defending nonsense.

Holy Spirit this, Holy Spirit that.

In this context there is no difference between reading from the bulletin and reading from your phone or big asss flat screen TV cus according to you guys reading from the bulletin did not carry the grace which came from reading directly from the Holy Bible.

So same way, there is no grace reading from your phone and flat screen as well.

Na the grace wey una say e nor de for bulletin na im be my point.

Stop insisting on your hypocrisy. You've been rounded up.

Your ignorance is in a league of its own
Re: Why Your Paper Bible Is Better Than Phone Bible by kokomilala(m): 11:34am On Nov 12, 2023
Hard or Soft, The Word Is Spirit and Life

I think what you're doing is a vacuous response to those who like to perpetuate the desire that hard copies are the best forms of reading the word of God.

What matters is the word, which is life and spirit.

If anything, phones or tabs have enabled me to study the Word more. Time was when I had about 30 versions of the Bible on my tab.

As far as discipline goes, it's up to the Christian to discipline themselves with technology, not becoming reckless with it.
Re: Why Your Paper Bible Is Better Than Phone Bible by gly(m): 11:36am On Nov 12, 2023
Absuchat:
This one is one of the many that subconsciously resists technically advancement.

So if I need like 5 different translations, I should carry the 5 heavy paper Bibles, whereas a simple app has more than 10 of them?

So now that I want to sleep small and wake up in 2 hrs to read my Bible, I hope I can use the paper Bible as alarm to wake me up?

Can I chat with people reading the same page as me to clearify any misunderstanding?

Op is not against mobile phone nor tech advancement. He just highlighted the pros and cons on the situation and logically gave us convincing reasons to prefer paper to mobile driven
Re: Why Your Paper Bible Is Better Than Phone Bible by Regex: 11:43am On Nov 12, 2023
Skyview01:
I prefer my stone Bible. Its the original. I carry it to the church.

It never got easier with those stone bibles. I could never be happier.
Re: Why Your Paper Bible Is Better Than Phone Bible by Vacora(m): 11:46am On Nov 12, 2023
HBB1:
I don't think anything could be dumber!

So students that read their notes/textbooks from their phones on the bus, on the toilet, whilst eating are not 'intentional'

You see how religion has screwed your brain?

I couldn’t believe someone thought this was a brilliant post so they put it on the FP. Like WTAF?! Are people actually this dumb?
Re: Why Your Paper Bible Is Better Than Phone Bible by tesppidd: 11:50am On Nov 12, 2023
DARLINGTON869:

Your ignorance is in a league of its own
Yours cannot even be placed in a league.
It's the Greatest Of All Time.
Re: Why Your Paper Bible Is Better Than Phone Bible by bukatyne(f): 12:20pm On Nov 12, 2023
Another CON of Bible Apps is that verses or words can be changed or removed to change the original meaning of the text.
Re: Why Your Paper Bible Is Better Than Phone Bible by FBIBOT(m): 12:37pm On Nov 12, 2023
Actually electronic version made bible reading more interesting with persistent and commitment... My bible app has alarm for morning 6am and night reading 9pm (based on setting) with full on screen notification... Even if am on social media the app occurs the whole screen immediately... If I cancel.. It's open again after like 5mins till I read that chapter and press read.... It all boils down to determination and your heart... Once am entering the church my phones goes into do not disturb.... No notification what so ever pops up except for alarm
Re: Why Your Paper Bible Is Better Than Phone Bible by PROPHETmichael: 12:40pm On Nov 12, 2023
Absuchat:
This one is one of the many that subconsciously resists technically advancement.

So if I need like 5 different translations, I should carry the 5 heavy paper Bibles, whereas a simple app has more than 10 of them?

So now that I want to sleep small and wake up in 2 hrs to read my Bible, I hope I can use the paper Bible as alarm to wake me up?

Can I chat with people reading the same page as me to clearify any misunderstanding?

The bible didn't say punch the Scripture, it says, "search the Scripture".
Re: Why Your Paper Bible Is Better Than Phone Bible by aalangel(f): 12:51pm On Nov 12, 2023
Seun, mynd44 and all mods, why do you allow heathens and Muslims come to Christian thread and say all sort of thrash...yet you bring up one stupid declaration for people to comment on Muslim posts. Hypocrites, that's what you all Are!!!!
Re: Why Your Paper Bible Is Better Than Phone Bible by epainos: 12:57pm On Nov 12, 2023
When printing was invented, this is how they said strolls in the temples or handwriting Bibles are better....lol.

If you do not accept disruptive innovations on time, you are on your own. Being an early adopter has many advantages.
Re: Why Your Paper Bible Is Better Than Phone Bible by brainhgeek(m): 1:05pm On Nov 12, 2023
The write-up is apt but e-bibles are also good. I have both the paper and electronic Bibles .
My electronic Bibles makes studying easy for me. I can easily navigate translations, including interlinear Bible which translates from the original language with concordance.
Re: Why Your Paper Bible Is Better Than Phone Bible by Chetas81(m): 1:34pm On Nov 12, 2023
tesppidd:
grin

Back when they used to bash we Catholics for reading from the bulletin.
They said Bible is Bible, nothing can replace the Bible.

But today you have them reading from phones and church flat screens.

Hypocrisy!
no be small

2 Likes

Re: Why Your Paper Bible Is Better Than Phone Bible by Chetas81(m): 1:36pm On Nov 12, 2023
YOU CAN IMAGINE READING BIBLE ON THE PHONE WHEN THE DATA IS ON, YOU JUST SEE BLUE FILM PLAYING ON YOUR PHONE, ARE YOU GOING TO HIDE YOUR PHONE 📱 OR WHAT
Re: Why Your Paper Bible Is Better Than Phone Bible by benzion72(m): 1:37pm On Nov 12, 2023
It been long that I used paper Bible. The word is the same
Re: Why Your Paper Bible Is Better Than Phone Bible by benzion72(m): 1:38pm On Nov 12, 2023
Chetas81:
YOU CAN IMAGINE READING BIBLE ON THE PHONE WHEN THE DATA IS ON, YOU JUST SEE BLUE FILM PLAYING ON YOUR PHONE, ARE YOU GOING TO HIDE YOUR PHONE 📱 OR WHAT
There is airplane mode
Re: Why Your Paper Bible Is Better Than Phone Bible by Chetas81(m): 2:04pm On Nov 12, 2023
benzion72:

There is airplane mode
then you must not forget to use the airplane,if you forget pls what next
Re: Why Your Paper Bible Is Better Than Phone Bible by WhatIf: 2:17pm On Nov 12, 2023
seunlayi:
Stone Bible, paper Bible, computer bible, phone Bible, audio Bible, etc are all Bible. Practical demonstration and having ones name written in the book of Life is the goal
Re: Why Your Paper Bible Is Better Than Phone Bible by Govocrete: 2:27pm On Nov 12, 2023
I don't have issue using Bible app. If anyone is against it and you want me to drop the idea.

The solution is we all return to reading from the scroll.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Didn't You Go To Church?? Sundays Frequently Asked Question / RCCG Regions In Nigeria And Their Headquarters Location / Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.