Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,279 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:34 AM

Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule (14862 Views)

Pastor Tunde Bakare Saw An Igbo Giant Pursuing Him In Dream - Sahara Reporters / Bakare Blasts CAN, PFN For Endorsing Jonathan / Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by Olanlere11: 4:06pm On Aug 06, 2012
Pastor Tunde Bakare in his most recent teaching attributed Nigeria's problems to the fact that we have a poor man in power. In a series of declamations, Mr. Bakare asserted, “When the shoeless takes over, he does clueless things. When such men of low estate find themselves in power, terrible things begin to happen.” He added, “It is the timidity of the inferior that prods them to cover up. Deep rivers flow in silence.
If Bakare's teaching is anything to go by, what then is the fate of an average Nigerian, who has taken up education to change his social status? Is leadership an exclusive reserve of the rich? Is the prevailing insecurity orchestrated by the rich to humiliate the poor? Is it fair that a man of God who is suppose to preach equality now makes distinction between the rich and poor? Source: http://saharareporters.com/news-page/pastor-bakare-lampoons-mrs-patience-jonathan

4 Likes

Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by ITbomb(m): 4:39pm On Aug 06, 2012
In other words forget about ' The American Dream ' in Nigeria.
A pastor for that matter. Has he not been preaching about David the last son of Jesse

2 Likes

Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by Idokojimmy: 7:31pm On Aug 06, 2012
God will safe us from Bakare and his rich gang. A man of God in that matter

2 Likes

Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by austinsmat(m): 7:39pm On Aug 06, 2012
sometimes i wonder if this man is a true man of God or a politician

1 Like

Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by LFJ: 8:46pm On Aug 06, 2012
Olanlere11: Pastor Tunde Bakare in his most recent teaching attributed Nigeria's problems to the fact that we have a poor man in power. In a series of declamations, Mr. Bakare asserted, “When the shoeless takes over, he does clueless things. When such men of low estate find themselves in power, terrible things begin to happen.” He added, “It is the timidity of the inferior that prods them to cover up. Deep rivers flow in silence.
If Bakare's teaching is anything to go by, what then is the fate of an average Nigerian, who has taken up education to change his social status? Is leadership an exclusive reserve of the rich? Is the prevailing insecurity orchestrated by the rich to humiliate the poor? Is it fair that a man of God who is suppose to preach equality now makes distinction between the rich and poor? Source: http://saharareporters.com/news-page/pastor-bakare-lampoons-mrs-patience-jonathan

I guess he said this in his private meeting with you.

12 Likes

Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by LFJ: 8:53pm On Aug 06, 2012
ITbomb: In other words forget about ' The American Dream ' in Nigeria.
A pastor for that matter. Has he not been preaching about David the last son of Jesse

Why American Dream in the first place? When we should be talking about Nigeria Dream.
Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by LFJ: 8:57pm On Aug 06, 2012
Idokojimmy: God will safe us from Bakare and his rich gang. A man of God in that matter

This is the same way we are praying to God to deliever us from the hands of shoeless man and his wife

1 Like

Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by LFJ: 9:01pm On Aug 06, 2012
austinsmat: sometimes i wonder if this man is a true man of God or a politician

I advice that we leave that question for God to answer
Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by ITbomb(m): 9:30pm On Aug 06, 2012
LFJ:

Why American Dream in the first place? When we should be talking about Nigeria Dream.
The Nigeria Dream is that only the already rich or retired soldiers can be in power

2 Likes

Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by bamto(m): 10:34pm On Aug 06, 2012
A much fuller text of his message has been debated on this forum. This is a calculated attempt to stand logic on its head. Op's post is a complete falsehood and is misleading. Sahara Reporters are full of craps from the desert.

2 Likes

Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by LFJ: 11:35pm On Aug 06, 2012
ITbomb:
The Nigeria Dream is that only the already rich or retired soldiers can be in power

This is not true, if this is truly Nigeria dream, how come we have uncle Joe with shoeless background in Aso Rock?
Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by Skii(m): 11:44pm On Aug 06, 2012
Poster HOW ON EARTH WOULD YOU DRAW SUCH A CONCLUSION FROM BAKARE'S STATEMENT?? shocked shocked

I strongly disagree and I crave the indulgence of the MODs to do something about this thread!! Please change this header

BAKARE DIDNT SAY ONLY RICH MEN SHOULD RULE!! STOP IT!!

5 Likes

Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by Euroclydon(m): 8:02am On Aug 07, 2012
LFJ:

If he faults the poor background of GEJ for wat is going on,its only natural that he believes only rich touts should be President! Use ur head and drop sentiments pls.

1 Like

Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by metro10: 8:25am On Aug 07, 2012
If this is true, then Pastor Bakare should be reminded of when he used to be a washerman...he too was from a lowly background.
Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by PointB: 9:07am On Aug 07, 2012
@Op,

Spot on. Anyone who read between line, will deduce same from Bakare's message.
Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by Demdem(m): 9:51am On Aug 07, 2012
The OP obviously has comprehension issues. Its allowed. abegii stop spreading ur disease.
Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by Olanlere11: 10:03am On Aug 07, 2012
Skii: Poster HOW ON EARTH WOULD YOU DRAW SUCH A CONCLUSION FROM BAKARE'S STATEMENT?? shocked shocked

I strongly disagree and I crave the indulgence of the MODs to do something about this thread!! Please change this header

BAKARE DIDNT SAY ONLY RICH MEN SHOULD RULE!! STOP IT!!

It beats my imagination why people can't read between lines, or draw a simple analysis and sieve out facts. Bakare said when shoeless people, or people of low estate rule, terrible things begin to happen. This implies that for terrible things not to happen, only rich men should rule. Or what is the meaning of shoeless, or men of low estate? Pls, the defenders of Bakare are those that are rich, we the poor must rise up and defend our rights. Nigeria belongs to all of us, period.

7 Likes

Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by Skii(m): 10:07am On Aug 07, 2012
Olanlere11:
It beats my imagination why people can't read between lines, or draw a simple analysis and sieve out facts. Bakare said when shoeless people, or people of low estate rule, terrible things begin to happen. This implies that for terrible things not to happen, only rich men should rule. Or what is the meaning of shoeless, or men of low estate? Pls, the defenders of Bakare are those that are rich, we the poor must rise up and defend our rights. Nigeria belongs to all of us, period.

Ehen, what were we saying…

“When the shoeless takes over, he does clueless things. When such men of low estate find themselves in power, terrible things begin to happen.” He added, “It is the timidity of the inferior that prods them to cover up. Deep rivers flow in majestic silence.”

Shay this is what Bakare said that you are deducing he meant Nigeria is only governable by the rich?

For a start, what or who do you define as poor?

Because in truth, the word poor is relative and it depends on the context in which it is being used. Either way, it means not having or lacking in…but not having or lacking in what?

You want to tell me that someone who is very intelligent and highly intellectual is poor? Or someone who is highly talented in art, music or any other skill is poor? Certainly not!!

It is only in Nigeria today, that being poor generally refers to the lack of material things (whether you agree or not) and this is a pity. But I really cannot blame those who think this way. Years of “suffering” brought about by the terrible things (such as corruption and embezzling of state funds MEANT FOR ALL) that happened when such men of low estate found themselves in power and their celebration has brought upon them this mind-set.

These terrible things that have been perpetrated over the years and in all corners of power (not just with Jonathan or the FG) have eroded all the moral and value systems of our society to the point that the real things that should describe wealth or richness that ought to be rewarded such as sound character, honesty, accountability and STANDING UP AGAINST THE INJUSTICE AND PERVERSION OF POWER are now being discredited or ignored. It is now the other way round…

SUCH men (and not everybody) of Low estate as is being referred to here is the classifying or umbrella term for those who are not necessarily lacking in material things but are POOR (lacking or not having) in morals, having no shame or character, lacking self-control and self-discipline and the likes!!

Bode George, James Ibori, Alameiseigha (however his name is spelt, the one that dressed like a woman to evade identification at the airport) are examples of men of LOW ESTATE!!

18 Likes

Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by LFJ: 1:02pm On Aug 07, 2012
Euroclydon:

If he faults the poor background of GEJ for wat is going on,its only natural that he believes only rich touts should be President! Use ur head and drop sentiments pls.

This must be your own personal assumption. I advice you go through his message again may be you can get him right
Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by LFJ: 1:05pm On Aug 07, 2012
metro10: If this is true, then Pastor Bakare should be reminded of when he used to be a washerman...he too was from a lowly background.

He never deny that fact, and he is always proud of his humble background
Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by Skii(m): 1:15pm On Aug 07, 2012
Regarding Patience, Bakare makes an excellent statement,

“It is the timidity of the inferior that prods them to cover up. Deep rivers flow in majestic silence.”

This is very true!

The natural instinct when faced with a situation beyond you is “fight or flight”

Bewildered by the vast amount of resources before her, she opts for flight (another trait of people of low estate) rather than to fight the innate desires of greed and fails to demonstrate self-control, so she is trying to acquire as much accolades as she can before she is no longer there. This is a typical manifestation of someone that is poor in many areas.

For heaven’s sake her husband was a Deputy Governor, Governor, Vice President and now President!! What more could she want?

Permit me if you are a Christian but Jesus teaches in Luke 12:15 “Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; life does not consist in an abundance of possessions.”

No matter how much she tries to cover up, it won’t hide the fact or erase from the memory of Nigerians and the world that she is eloquently and articulately POOR!!

Except of course she continues to bask in the presence of those who she shares similar estates with…

3 Likes

Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by Nobody: 1:34pm On Aug 07, 2012
Pls post something meaningful and let's discuss important issues
Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by 1peter29: 1:50pm On Aug 07, 2012
austinsmat: sometimes i wonder if this man is a true man of God or a politician
austin 4get dat, he's far 4rm it. A real man of God cant b talkin against a constituted authority when d Bible says we shd rspect them in govt. God rules in d kingdom of men n makes king whoever pleases Him. D said pst has bn unequaly yoked wt an unbleiver, n he's cursed. His ministerial foundatn is faulty! Findout dtails 4rm d RCCG. When his time is up, God knos what 2 do 2 him as a disgrace element in d body of Christ.
Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by Nobody: 2:07pm On Aug 07, 2012
Olanlere11:

Apparently you've never heard of a "middle class".
Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by Okijajuju1(m): 3:08pm On Aug 07, 2012
LFJ:

Actually that was part of last 2 sundays sermon.
Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by ebamma(m): 3:10pm On Aug 07, 2012
even if is dangote that rules us,he will still loot the treasury,money no dey belleful person.
Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by Freiburger(m): 3:13pm On Aug 07, 2012
That man need an immediate psychiatric attention.
Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by Truckpusher(m): 3:14pm On Aug 07, 2012
Bakare,the man of God that will not wait to hear the voice of God before embarking on a failed mission!!!
Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by comradefery: 3:15pm On Aug 07, 2012
After Tunde Bakare's latest Political Sermon, there can only be two categories of people who will believe that he is being led by the spirit of God, and they are; Those who are Insane and Those who have never opened the Bible!

3 Likes

Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by tunnytox(m): 3:16pm On Aug 07, 2012
Olanlere11:

Though your name sound Yoruba but I don't believe you're one because you sound like an imposter with that apparently fake username. Anyway giving you a benefit of doubt if truly you're Yoruba and you understand very well the way elders talk in Yorubaland you should have no problem understanding what PTB was saying except you're rather being mischievous.
Just like the elders will say: IMADO O SE BI ELEDE A BA LU JE BI ERU BA J'OBA ENIYAN O NI KU KAN
You can ask elders the meaning of the above as I'm very sure it will be difficult for you to understand its meaning which is a true reflection of Jonathan and his wife.

1 Like

Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by abbey37(m): 3:20pm On Aug 07, 2012
Guys please let us have a deep thought on issuea before opening our mouths @ times and stop misquoting people.
Poor in this context doesn't mean being financially handicaped or lacking wealth it simply means lacking or poor in knowlege,quality ideas and leadership qualities.

1 Like

Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by Truckpusher(m): 3:22pm On Aug 07, 2012
LFJ:

He never deny that fact, and he is always proud of his humble background
But he contested as Buhari's vice president and they both failed ,unless you want to tell me that temporarily he forgets abt his humble background which can only be liken to schizophrenia,so why are we listening to him?....mtcheeew.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Was Satan By Default An Angel? Prove It If You Think Jesus Never Exist As Angel / Spiritual Significance Of Semen / 666 Aka The Mark Of The Beast: President Obama Vs Revelation 13:15-18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.