Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,385 members, 7,830,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:45 PM

Lagos On Display At The Lord Mayor's Show In London (Picture) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos On Display At The Lord Mayor's Show In London (Picture) (37141 Views)

Dele Alake: Obasanjo’s Mischief And Hypocrisy On Display Again / Tinubu Pose With APC Chieftain In London: Picture / The Nation Newspaper Headquarters In Lagos On Fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos On Display At The Lord Mayor's Show In London (Picture) by seguno2: 12:06pm On Nov 12, 2023
Bliss62:

Same reason UK sponsored many event in Nigeria everytime

Only a lunatic thinks Tinubu needs a kobo for governing Nigeria

How will a normal human being want municipality unclean water like UK in tropical Lagos

Are people just foolish

The foolish people living in tropical Singapore and other Asian cities also don’t have clean water, hence they are doing open defecation like Tinubu’s modern city.

Cholera outbreak looms in Lagos communities, as residents use canal, lagoon as toilet

A 45-year-old resident and father of three, Mr.Fatai Lamide told PUNCH HealthWise that no building in the community has toilet facilities.

The Oyo State-born mechanic said, “We don’t have toilet in this area, including our compound. This canal that you see serves as toilet to all of us living in this area. We defecate inside nylon and throw it inside the canal.

“For people that don’t want to use nylon, they have a special bucket that they use after which they pour it inside the canal too.

https://punchng.com/cholera-outbreak-looms-in-lagos-communities-as-residents-use-canal-lagoon-as-toilet/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos On Display At The Lord Mayor's Show In London (Picture) by zeembab(m): 12:07pm On Nov 12, 2023
WHAT STOPPED YOU FROM DEVELOPING OTHER REGION WITH THE OIL MONEY FROM NIGER DELTA?

NIGER DELTA STATES RECEIVE MORE ALLOCATION THAN LAGOS, BUT STILL THE REGION IS NOT DEVELOPED.

NO BE PRIDE OTHER REGION CAN MATCH THE ENTERPRISING SPIRIT OF THE LAGOSIANS AND THE SOUTH WEST IN GENERAL.

IRRESPECTIVE OF YOUR ETHNICITY, IF YOU ARE BORN OR RAISED IN LAGOS....YOU ARE A SPECIAL BREED.

EKO FOR SURE.

successmatters:
Lagos was developed by the whole Nigerians, with Niger Delta oil money. Most of the infrastructure you see in Lagos, the people celebrating lagos today didn't know how it came about.

Lagos and the region it belongs in has its feeding bottle still in the Niger Delta region, see how deceptive they are, they will be celebrating lagos with oil money and if you tell them to form their own country, they will refuse. You wan hunger to finish them? grin

If you quote me, you will get withlow on your finger grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos On Display At The Lord Mayor's Show In London (Picture) by Revolva(m): 12:08pm On Nov 12, 2023
successmatters:
Lagos was developed by the whole Nigerians, with Niger Delta oil money. Most of the infrastructure you see in Lagos, the people celebrating lagos today didn't know how it came about.

Lagos and the region it belongs in has its feeding bottle still in the Niger Delta region, see how deceptive they are, they will be celebrating lagos with oil money and if you tell them to form their own country, they will refuse. You wan hunger to finish them? grin

Exactly that is how scared they are , they know if everyone go apart , they will hear it ...forget all those infrastructures present they wont be able to control the economy of their new country properly

3 Likes

Re: Lagos On Display At The Lord Mayor's Show In London (Picture) by Bliss62: 12:08pm On Nov 12, 2023
seguno2:

The foolish people living in tropical Singapore and other Asian cities also don’t have clean water, hence they are doing open defecation like Tinubu’s modern city.

Tinubu should go and hold people's anus especially Economic Almajiri and refugee coming to Lagos daily

Na only Tinubu should fix Nigeria not Your own Family

1 Like

Re: Lagos On Display At The Lord Mayor's Show In London (Picture) by eleniyan2020: 12:09pm On Nov 12, 2023
successmatters:

Niger delta should develop there region with the oil money...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos On Display At The Lord Mayor's Show In London (Picture) by ufotunang: 12:10pm On Nov 12, 2023
successmatters:

..ok and why can't the niger Delta states be developed like Lagos..with all the huge federal government allocation, 13% derivation funds given to Niger Delta States and with Niger Delta development commission (NDDC) in the niger Delta states...the niger Delta states in the south south are not developed...Niger Delta states, the South south states supposed to be the Dubai of nigeria if the South south states governors had used the money given to them very well..so Lagos State used the money well given to them to develop Lagos even if it is Niger Delta money

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos On Display At The Lord Mayor's Show In London (Picture) by zionstaar75: 12:12pm On Nov 12, 2023
successmatters:

keep crying

2 Likes

Re: Lagos On Display At The Lord Mayor's Show In London (Picture) by kokomilala(m): 12:16pm On Nov 12, 2023
@yommen, thank u for educating him.

A lot of these ignorant kids try hard to put a spin on truth, facts and history.

To these ignorant and mentally vacuous, how did the rest of Nigeria develop Lagos? Rather, they've come to Lagos as economic refugees and scavengers, to put it bluntly.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos On Display At The Lord Mayor's Show In London (Picture) by OAFMods: 12:18pm On Nov 12, 2023
I know see a glamorous Lagos pain n hurt your soul.
Even if na NigerDelta oyel money built Lagos make your ipob papa go build your own Lagos for Alaigbo

Foolish n cursed igbos will read this hate comment n pass but when Yoruba return the favour the cursed foolish obidient ipob Igbo will be wailing like lunatics.

successmatters:

Re: Lagos On Display At The Lord Mayor's Show In London (Picture) by Akerele44(m): 12:20pm On Nov 12, 2023
successmatters:

Cry cry baby

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos On Display At The Lord Mayor's Show In London (Picture) by PHAYOL81: 12:21pm On Nov 12, 2023
THIS LAGOS, my Lagos, your Lagos, our Lagos.
Lagos is our collective efforts, our collective pride; May GOD continue to bless Lagos state.
FOR A GREATER LAGOS STATE (AS) A GREATER LAGOS IS RISING
EKO O NI BAJE O
Re: Lagos On Display At The Lord Mayor's Show In London (Picture) by OAFMods: 12:24pm On Nov 12, 2023
Even when their foolish Igbo father's heads were being flogged thoroughly during the election to show they are note wanted, what did they do ?
oyebanji44:

Even yoruba people are begging you people to leave lagos...

why don't you people leave?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos On Display At The Lord Mayor's Show In London (Picture) by Chetas81(m): 12:24pm On Nov 12, 2023
THE PIG 🐖 LAGOSIAN DON'T WANT LAGOS STATE TO LOOK LIKE LONDON
Re: Lagos On Display At The Lord Mayor's Show In London (Picture) by oyebanji44: 12:32pm On Nov 12, 2023
OAFMods:
Even when their foolish Igbo father's heads were being flogged thoroughly during the election to show they are note wanted, what did they do ?

nothingoo,

they preferred to live in south west than going back to that deserted region

3 Likes

Re: Lagos On Display At The Lord Mayor's Show In London (Picture) by Lanre1st(m): 12:34pm On Nov 12, 2023
successmatters:

I sure SE also collect oil money, what did your fathers use it to build? They only good in building hatred, IPOB, separation groups

4 Likes

Re: Lagos On Display At The Lord Mayor's Show In London (Picture) by Germi9: 12:35pm On Nov 12, 2023
The people of the nation are trying but the government are not
Re: Lagos On Display At The Lord Mayor's Show In London (Picture) by jonahhh: 12:42pm On Nov 12, 2023
successmatters:

Lagos was developed with tax revenues and expansion of LGAs... FG didn't allocate to lagos for a long time... where did you get your own info from?
Re: Lagos On Display At The Lord Mayor's Show In London (Picture) by blingxx(m): 12:42pm On Nov 12, 2023
successmatters:

My region is well developed, that's why your people are fighting to do amala hangout in my region, go and try it in Sokoto and see shege grin

Thr whole amala will be eaten and nobody will pay.

It's difficult to make sense of what you just typed
Re: Lagos On Display At The Lord Mayor's Show In London (Picture) by Soltix9y(m): 12:52pm On Nov 12, 2023
Do you guys ever for once think at all about how finances for the refinery that processed the crude oil you claimed developed every part of Nigeria came about? The crude I Niger delta belongs to Nigeria not your people just as the ores from oyo and ekiti don't belong to the yorubas but Nigeria.
successmatters:

Re: Lagos On Display At The Lord Mayor's Show In London (Picture) by Ceejay94: 12:53pm On Nov 12, 2023
Absuchat:

If you see how Yorubas are arriving Upper iweka and Azikiwe road in Aba every 1 sec...you will think the Fulani has invaded southwest the way they did Kwara....I don't have problems with that, but coming with ragolis bottles filled with Agbó is what I detest
Lagos is a no man's land
Re: Lagos On Display At The Lord Mayor's Show In London (Picture) by kestolove95(m): 12:55pm On Nov 12, 2023
Sorry I thought it's Anambra
Re: Lagos On Display At The Lord Mayor's Show In London (Picture) by shegoon: 12:58pm On Nov 12, 2023
Abegi! Niger delta should be the Dubai of Africa with revenue allocation and special ministry created for its development but corruption from that region will not. In fact corruption in that region is second to non,all we keep hearing is our "oyel" money, the owner of the oil what have you done with the money derived.
Bliss62:

Why una no develop your self too, abi una no be Developer again
Re: Lagos On Display At The Lord Mayor's Show In London (Picture) by seguno2: 1:06pm On Nov 12, 2023
Revolva:
Exactly that is how scared they are , they know if everyone go apart , they will hear it ...forget all those infrastructures present they wont be able to control the economy of their new country properly

So what is the reason why the Niger Delta people have not developed their own states like Lagos since 1999

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos On Display At The Lord Mayor's Show In London (Picture) by Bigsunny01(m): 1:07pm On Nov 12, 2023
yommen:

Lagos self get oil, Baba. Moreso, Awo was doing things without oil but cocoa money. It's obvious you are full of beef because all people like you do is boast about Igbo all to discover that Yorubas have set the pace a very long time ago already.

Hope u are aware dat Lagos was once de capital of dis country, so de development today is a collective effort

U all should stop been hypocrites

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos On Display At The Lord Mayor's Show In London (Picture) by mcdokwe(m): 1:08pm On Nov 12, 2023
successmatters:

My region is well developed, that's why your people are fighting to do amala hangout in my region, go and try it in Sokoto and see shege grin

Thr whole amala will be eaten and nobody will pay.
can you stop being silly?

1 Like

Re: Lagos On Display At The Lord Mayor's Show In London (Picture) by djseanjohn77: 1:10pm On Nov 12, 2023
successmatters:

You are so daft, and ill-informed. Why have the region that have been receiving 45% derivative unable to replicate same. Perhaps I should remind you that, Lagos has always contributed more to Nigeria and the development of other areas. You are told lies amd your ignoramus cannot do little research, what am I even saying. If you can be told Buhari was a clone, and you believed, what else would your kind not believe?
Even before emergence of oil, Lgos had always been ahead of the rest of Nogerian States...Google it and find out, as the center of slave merchants, it serves as center for exchange of slaves and services. Then in the 70s during oil boom, the oil was not what developed Lagos, but the mass migration to Lagos from other regions. Just as even after the capital was removed from Lagos in the 90s, when the population stood at 7M, that didn't deny Lagos the needed growth and development to still remain No. 1 spot. The population has grown to over 20M even after removal of FCT. Lagos experienced a population explosion, untamed economic growth, and unmitigated rural migration. This caused the outlying towns and settlements to develop rapidly, thus forming the present-day "Lagos Metropolitan Area", also known as "Metropolitan Lagos". There is no denying the fact today that the money gotten from Lagos as a result of these development, are still been divided across the nations to cater for the rest of you who are lazy, that cannot bring ideas where revenues can be generated. Your siblings keep trooping to Pagos everyday for opportunities. The population growth is what you should ask yourself. Why did people choose Lagos as a place to migrate to; 1. The people are friendly 2. Accomodating 3. Sociable (love life) 4. The mass trooping of people ofcos brought development and business boom. Create any business, the market is available 5. Security as compared to your region where group of boys can hide in bush with guns and start killing people in the name of marginalisation. Etc

Lagos also enjoyed good governance in the past and present unlike your regions.

With your small population and the high money you get monthly from FCT, what do you do with it? Why has your place remain stagnant, unable to match even the Mainland.

History of the Lagos civilisation, why Lagos is ahead of you all in innovations and critical thinking. From Raji Rasaki, AMike Akhigbe, Michael Otedola, Buba Marwa, BAT, Fashola, Ambode, and now Sanwo Olu. Tell me one governor orlf notable character worthy of emulation in your region? Just one.

Lagos was bombarded by the British in 1851, annexed on 6 August 1861 and declared a colony on 5 March 1862.

Lagos had already become a cosmopolitan trade center in 1872, perhaps you don't know, if your fathers will tell you the truth, ask them, or simply ask Google.

Lagos as a colony and protectorate was because of the civilisation incorporated into Southern Nigeri in February 1906, and as such Lagos became the capital of protectorate of Nigeria in January 1914. Since then, it has grown to become the largest city in West Africa. That's a unique blessed land and because of the people friendliness and terrain. The lagoon nourished the social and even political being of the city and people of Lagos.

Your fathers that migrated to Lagos came with Ghana-must-go and in night but from Onitsha. Lagos blessed them, they found rest and built houses and own properties,they didn't come with money to develop Lagos, they were blessed in the land and as such contributed to its growth. If they didn't find peace here, they would uave returned years back, but instead, they brought in their brothers, cousins, nephews etc.

Perhaps you do not know why Lagos was picked despite not being the center of Nogeria, Lagos was way advanced, and stood as heterogenous Town populated by groups of people from other various regions. You see, while Lagos was advancing prior being a colony, your people were still practicing cannibalism and killing of twins. Do you know how many Missionaries were killed in your region? You were still practicing idolatry massively. This gave Lagos its electric character with increasing social stratification and contrasting lifestyles for growth.

That why a slogan in Lagos says " Eko gba ole, o gba ole" Lagos admits thoces and the lazy as well.
" Eko o gba gbere" Lagos do not condone lasciviousness"
"Eko wenjele"
Etc and Eko never sleeps.
Even Ibadan was way ahead of your regions in terms of development in those years, and Ibadan was developed with Cocoa money and so was other regions.

I will burst your ignorant bubbles.
The cash crops that generated revenue for Nigeria before oil emergence were Rubber (SS Delta precisely), Cotton, Cocoa & Coffee (SW), groundnut, hide and skin (NE)and Palm kernel and Oil Palm from (SE).
There are others...but the one that Nigeria depended on largely for revenue was Cocoa. Ask your grandfather's. At that time, Nigeria was self-reliant on food production but the whole country developed through cocoa majorly. Just when oil was discovered in 1957, and by 1963, some people became greedy and wanted to part way, forgetting they had bn enjoying sources from other regions before oil came. Still, the derivatives was shared and they were getting more allocation, agriculture was still thriving until the early 80s when lt began to die gradually.

Even while the IBB regime decided to take FCT from Lagos, Lagsoos population stood at 4M as at 1993, that didn't stop the nation from growing. Since the FCT was taken from Lagos, Lagos grew steadily from 7M to 25M and over today between 1999 and 2023. That's over 300% growth compared to when fct was taken from Calabar, it became deserted until recently.

Take FCT from Abuja today, and see how empty the place will be in 20 years. Cos, there is absolutely no life there. The only place you can organise a show successfully with all minds at rest and return on investment is still Lagos. 👌
The land is blessed.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos On Display At The Lord Mayor's Show In London (Picture) by HBB1(m): 1:10pm On Nov 12, 2023
successmatters:

What about the millions of northerners that troipnin with free Dangote trailers grin

The whole Nigeria developed Lagos.

Why did they not develop where you are from?
Re: Lagos On Display At The Lord Mayor's Show In London (Picture) by HBB1(m): 1:12pm On Nov 12, 2023
Bliss62:

Northerners are cool people wey no dey chest beat

If you Ipob self calm down we will properly accommodate you without any wahala

Northerners are very humble people.

The 1 year I spent with them, taught me a lot.

1 Like

Re: Lagos On Display At The Lord Mayor's Show In London (Picture) by HBB1(m): 1:16pm On Nov 12, 2023
Absuchat:

So why did you lose Ilorin to northerners?
grin

Well, the Yoruba empire extended from Nigeria into Togo, Benin, Ghana...

I dont think that is too bad, if it is only tiny Ilorin you will keep frothing at the mouth over.

Besides, how come your ancestors could not extend beyond the erosion ravaged forests you are from?

Whilst men organised themselves and built empires, you ran around naked in the bush!

1 Like

Re: Lagos On Display At The Lord Mayor's Show In London (Picture) by Mccullum: 1:17pm On Nov 12, 2023
This post is already giving some people that always obsesses with Lagos unexpected sadness.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos On Display At The Lord Mayor's Show In London (Picture) by HBB1(m): 1:17pm On Nov 12, 2023
oyebanji44:

what they did to you people at the governorship election in lagos.so to you was a child'play abi ...

dey play.... cheesy

Won lu won baaje!
🤣

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

See How Lagosians Struggle To Get To Their Destinations After Heavy Rainfall / Nigerian Port Authority Names Its 4 New Tug Boats Daura, Ubima, Uromi And Majiya / Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 76th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.