Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,720 members, 7,816,964 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:28 PM

Why Does people Always Rubbish Those That Use Chatgpt To Code;; - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Why Does people Always Rubbish Those That Use Chatgpt To Code;; (840 Views)

I Asked Chatgpt To Write A Poem About Nairaland. Here's The Output / Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? / Teach Yourself To Code (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does people Always Rubbish Those That Use Chatgpt To Code;; by Englishisamust: 3:35pm On Nov 12, 2023
I see many senior programmers telling we junior programmers to not use chatgpt, that it doesn't make someone know programming very well and it always makes someone lazy... I will love your input on this

My bosses
Greatigboman
Tezengatu
Qtguru
Sleekcode
Karleb
Re: Why Does people Always Rubbish Those That Use Chatgpt To Code;; by qtguru(m): 3:56pm On Nov 12, 2023
Englishisamust:
I see many senior programmers telling we junior programmers to not use chatgpt, that it doesn't make someone know programming very well and it always makes someone lazy... I will love your input on this

My bosses
Greatigboman
Tezengatu
Qtguru
Sleekcode
Karleb

No hard rule, you can also learn from it's code, but i use ChatGPT for my work. it's not a 100% silver bullet, i still disable it because it writes wrong code,it's good for boilerplate code

3 Likes

Re: Why Does people Always Rubbish Those That Use Chatgpt To Code;; by turmacs(f): 5:04pm On Nov 12, 2023
Englishisamust:

My bosses
Greatigboman
Tezengatu
Qtguru
Sleekcode
Karleb
grin Tezengatu

2 Likes

Re: Why Does people Always Rubbish Those That Use Chatgpt To Code;; by excanny: 6:31pm On Nov 12, 2023
Englishisamust:

My bosses
Greatigboman
Tezengatu
Qtguru
Sleekcode
Karleb

It can teach you how to code very well.

I'm a senior at work and I have told my juniors that I don't want to catch any of them writing code without chatgpt.

1 Like

Re: Why Does people Always Rubbish Those That Use Chatgpt To Code;; by Englishisamust: 6:33pm On Nov 12, 2023
excanny:

It can teach you how to code very well.

I'm a senior at work and I have told my juniors that I don't want to catch any of them writing code without chatgpt.

Waaaaoh!!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Does people Always Rubbish Those That Use Chatgpt To Code;; by excanny: 6:43pm On Nov 12, 2023
Englishisamust:

Waaaaoh!!!!

Not 100% perfect, but way better than wasting your time on stackoverflow.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does people Always Rubbish Those That Use Chatgpt To Code;; by atesunate16(m): 7:05pm On Nov 12, 2023
Englishisamust:

My bosses
Greatigboman
Tezengatu
Qtguru
Sleekcode
Karleb

ChatGPT/AI is a tool to help increase your productivity.

You even need some level of knowledge to be able to utilize it to the maximum.

Nothing bad in using it.

It’s just like making it compulsory for your accountants to use their head for calculations or use physical calculators and then type the answers. It will reduce productivity

AI is advancing, anyone who don’t utilize it will be kicked out by those who do.

The base line is that, understand the code. Don’t copy blindly

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does people Always Rubbish Those That Use Chatgpt To Code;; by airsaylongcome: 11:22pm On Nov 12, 2023
turmacs:
grin Tezengatu

I swear, Tensa name din wound well well for this streets.

Tensazangetsu, come and see something.
Re: Why Does people Always Rubbish Those That Use Chatgpt To Code;; by airsaylongcome: 11:27pm On Nov 12, 2023
atesunate16:

ChatGPT/AI is a tool to help increase your productivity.

You even need some level of knowledge to be able to utilize it to the maximum.

Nothing bad in using it.

It’s just like making it compulsory for your accountants to use their head for calculations or use physical calculators and then type the answers. It will reduce productivity

AI is advancing, anyone who don’t utilize it will be kicked out by those who do.

The base line is that, understand the code. Don’t copy blindly

I laugh at the people here that denigrate ChatGPT, Bard and other similar AI tools. Recently had to do some work that required me to do text to speech (TTS) stuff. I had always used IBM's Watson for it. Watson is OK, but you could always tell it was computer generated. OpenAI released their TTS stuff this week. Completely blew my mind. The generated audio was human like! Even included inflections when say I used the word "angry". Secret tool at the office now where I have to generate audio for customer's use. Watson was free for me but I'm happy to pay to use openAI's API.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Does people Always Rubbish Those That Use Chatgpt To Code;; by Davidcorny: 12:00am On Nov 13, 2023
The opposite is true as well, I built a very cool app and many in a Facebook group said it was from tutorial or chatgpt, app that took me 4 months to code, they even overused my API limit.
Re: Why Does people Always Rubbish Those That Use Chatgpt To Code;; by tollyboy5(m): 7:27am On Nov 13, 2023
airsaylongcome:

I swear, Tensa name din wound well well for this streets.

Tensazangetsu, come and see something.
I think this is the first time i would try to pronounce the name lol.

As for chat gpt abi gibiti, i dont use it as a backend engineer. I dont think i will use at all. When i see stackoverflow answers, i dont only read the best reply i read all replies.
Attimes your reply might not be from the best reply. I prefer working that and varying different options and answers from real people cool

1 Like

Re: Why Does people Always Rubbish Those That Use Chatgpt To Code;; by Englishisamust: 7:57am On Nov 13, 2023
tollyboy5:

I think this is the first time i would try to pronounce the name lol.

As for chat gpt abi gibiti, i dont use it as a backend engineer. I dont think i will use at all. When i see stackoverflow answers, i dont only read the best reply i read all replies.
Attimes your reply might not be from the best reply. I prefer working that and varying different options and answers from real people cool

Thats true but as a frotend engineer, you will use it in some areas. Even using chatgbt to write for backend is very risky...

1 Like

Re: Why Does people Always Rubbish Those That Use Chatgpt To Code;; by airsaylongcome: 12:33pm On Nov 13, 2023
Englishisamust:

Thats true but as a frotend engineer, you will use it in some areas. Even using chatgbt to write for backend is very risky...

My goodness. Risky? How?
Re: Why Does people Always Rubbish Those That Use Chatgpt To Code;; by BlackhatMentor: 1:55pm On Nov 13, 2023
I think only programmers without Jobs or those not making a living of the field will try to ridicule a tool meant to help them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does people Always Rubbish Those That Use Chatgpt To Code;; by zakkyzakes: 2:04pm On Nov 13, 2023
qtguru:

No hard rule, you can also learn from it's code, but i use ChatGPT for my work. it's not a 100% silver bullet, i still disable it because it writes wrong code,it's good for boilerplate code
how's Grok boss
Re: Why Does people Always Rubbish Those That Use Chatgpt To Code;; by Englishisamust: 3:32pm On Nov 13, 2023
airsaylongcome:

My goodness. Risky? How?

Imagine someone using chatgpt code to write function and classes that manage transactions of 10000 customers on the database!!! I'm not rubbishing chatgpt, but as a backend developer you have careful of the way you use it because it can expose the app your are developing if it doesn't write your code very well...
Re: Why Does people Always Rubbish Those That Use Chatgpt To Code;; by airsaylongcome: 3:37pm On Nov 13, 2023
Englishisamust:

Imagine someone using chatgpt code to write function and classes that manage transactions of 10000 customers on the database!!! I'm not rubbishing chatgpt, but as a backend developer you have careful of the way you use it because it can expose the app your are developing if it doesn't write your code very well...

ChatGPT can easily write CRUD code to manage transactions for 10000 customers. Easily. I don't think any backend dev would throw a coding task at ChatGPT and then copy-paste it hook,line and sinker

1 Like

Re: Why Does people Always Rubbish Those That Use Chatgpt To Code;; by BRATISLAVA: 3:44pm On Nov 13, 2023
airsaylongcome:

My goodness. Risky? How?

But g is so far from p. embarassed

What could've caused that?

Chatg...
Re: Why Does people Always Rubbish Those That Use Chatgpt To Code;; by airsaylongcome: 3:52pm On Nov 13, 2023
BRATISLAVA:

But g is so far from p. embarassed

What could've caused that?

Chatg...

"jibiti" I guess. Heard a lot of folks jokingly refer to GPT as a fraud

1 Like

Re: Why Does people Always Rubbish Those That Use Chatgpt To Code;; by BRATISLAVA: 3:54pm On Nov 13, 2023
airsaylongcome:

"jibiti" I guess. Heard a lot of folks jokingly refer to GPT as a fraud

LMAO first word. Lol.

Same way typewriters were frauds and people who used them ought to have had their fingers cut off.
Re: Why Does people Always Rubbish Those That Use Chatgpt To Code;; by Paystack: 5:38pm On Nov 13, 2023
Englishisamust:

Really wonder what you mean write your code very well.

The code ChatGpt produce depends on the prompt you give it.

I can tell you... ChatGpt Can interpret and improve any code you think you can come up with.

But you may not be able to improve on the code ChatGpt comes up with in your preferred language assuming you're playing head to head quality code production with it.
Re: Why Does people Always Rubbish Those That Use Chatgpt To Code;; by emoboy4u: 7:49pm On Nov 13, 2023
That is so powerful, the way it produce code is just crazy.
Re: Why Does people Always Rubbish Those That Use Chatgpt To Code;; by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:43pm On Nov 13, 2023
Ever since I started using ChatGPT, I have stopped using stack overflow. ChatGPT and documentation are all you need nowadays.

6 Likes

Re: Why Does people Always Rubbish Those That Use Chatgpt To Code;; by alladinmann: 1:38am On Nov 14, 2023
. grin
Re: Why Does people Always Rubbish Those That Use Chatgpt To Code;; by niel63(m): 1:41am On Nov 14, 2023
Make I add my own. grin

If you don't have the knowledge, enough to use a tool, it'll always seem like a waste of time. OpenAI, Bard, and the very large language models, even xGrok... all of them out there can make your life easier if you know what you're doing.
I recently switched to cursor IDE from VSCode and it has been something I kept wondering about. What is the future of AI and programming going to look like?
Well, it's simple.

Just know what you're doing, and you won't have to complain.
Try cursor then come here and thank me personally o! wink

Modified: tensazangetsu20, Paystack, airsaylongcome, and qtguru all of una scarce for here small. Wetin una dey cook? Abeg make una make am scent reach here ooo.
Tensa, congrats bro. You don finally run am. Talk and do! cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Does people Always Rubbish Those That Use Chatgpt To Code;; by airsaylongcome: 4:43am On Nov 14, 2023
niel63:
Make I add my own. grin

If you don't have the knowledge, enough to use a tool, it'll always seem like a waste of time. OpenAI, Bard, and the very large language models, even xGrok... all of them out there can make your life easier if you know what you're doing.
I recently switched to cursor IDE from VSCode and it has been something I kept wondering about. What is the future of AI and programming going to look like?
Well, it's simple.

Just know what you're doing, and you won't have to complain.
Try cursor then come here and thank me personally o! wink

Modified: tensazangetsu, Paysta.ck, airsaylongcom.e, and qt.guru all of una scarce for here small. Wetin una dey cook? Abeg make una make am scent reach here ooo.
Tensa, congrats bro. You don finally run am. Talk and do! cheesy

Omo, Tensa run am o. Run am clean. Na real talk and do.

As for why person eye no do dey here again. Many variables. Later closing hours. More need to study cos to be ahead of the competition (cos remote work nor too dey easy like that again). And then just an overall decline in the kinds of conversations happening here

2 Likes

Re: Why Does people Always Rubbish Those That Use Chatgpt To Code;; by Possessedkid: 7:20am On Nov 14, 2023
They should keep using Chatgpt

It makes my work easier by finding loop holes in their codes

As a sec person , I come across way too functional software but lacks adequate secure mechanisms
Re: Why Does people Always Rubbish Those That Use Chatgpt To Code;; by BlackhatMentor: 9:16am On Nov 14, 2023
Possessedkid:
They should keep using Chatgpt

It makes my work easier by finding loop holes in their codes

As a sec person , I come across way too functional software but lacks adequate secure mechanisms

Hahaha

See this one grin

I hate seeing comments from these 5, 5 naira wannabe hackers
Re: Why Does people Always Rubbish Those That Use Chatgpt To Code;; by Possessedkid: 12:38pm On Nov 14, 2023
BlackhatMentor:

Hahaha

See this one grin

I hate seeing comments from these 5, 5 naira wannabe hackers

Okay wage slave

I'm not a hacker by the way and I don't see myself as one

I'm a xware dev and I have a c & c server that you can't comprehend
Re: Why Does people Always Rubbish Those That Use Chatgpt To Code;; by tosinhtml: 12:49pm On Nov 14, 2023
Englishisamust:

How does it expose your app? If you copy code from Stackoverflow, wouldn't you read the code before applying it. This is sort of like copying someone's matric number while copying in exam.
Re: Why Does people Always Rubbish Those That Use Chatgpt To Code;; by tosinhtml: 12:56pm On Nov 14, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Omo, Tensa run am o. Run am clean. Na real talk and do.

As for why person eye no do dey here again. Many variables. Later closing hours. More need to study cos to be ahead of the competition (cos remote work nor too dey easy like that again). And then just an overall decline in the kinds of conversations happening here

I saw Remoteok website owner on Twitter saying remote work has gone down by 85%, that is very scary. A lot of friends I know in Toptal & Andela have their remote work cut off because employers say every one should return to the office. Meanwhile office means relocating to the US, who is going to even sponsor visas & to get visa appointment is like 2 years in the future.
Re: Why Does people Always Rubbish Those That Use Chatgpt To Code;; by airsaylongcome: 2:15pm On Nov 14, 2023
tosinhtml:

I saw Remoteok website owner on Twitter saying remote work has gone down by 85%, that is very scary. A lot of friends I know in Toptal & Andela have their remote work cut off because employers say every one should return to the office. Meanwhile office means relocating to the US, who is going to even sponsor visas & to get visa appointment is like 2 years in the future.

Return To Office (RTO) is now a big threat not going to lie.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Database Admin. / Winwap / Voice Enabled Web Based Application For Crm.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.