Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,227 members, 7,811,627 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:05 PM

Chain Vs Full Fire: Tension As Gang War Rages In Benue, Dozens Killed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chain Vs Full Fire: Tension As Gang War Rages In Benue, Dozens Killed (23838 Views)

Kaduna Train Attack: BBC Describes Terrorists As 'Gang' / Ikorodu: 3 Killed As Gang Members Engage in Supremacy Clashes / Lagos Council Suspends NUTRW, RTEAN Activities Over Gang War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chain Vs Full Fire: Tension As Gang War Rages In Benue, Dozens Killed by Kalakulu: 5:15am On Nov 13, 2023
Benue State has been in the news for the wrong reasons for more than one week after armed gangs took arms against each other in a fight for supremacy in Ukum Local Government Area of the state

Reports say the fight which started penultimate Thursday and Friday between the ‘Chain’ and ‘Full Fire’ gangs festered all through last weekend, lingering into the week and leaving over 40 persons dead and several others sustaining serious injuries.

The first day of the bloody encounter, it was learnt, recorded at least 22 deaths in Chito and Tyo Akosu communities.

A local source said, “It all started Friday afternoon and it was a fight for supremacy between kingpins of crime in Ukum LGA who are known as Chain and Full Fire gangs with their operational base located in the Council area

“Both of them are looking for each other’s neck. Full Fire employed the services of a banditry group to help kill the Chain gang who got wind of the plan and laid ambush for them.

“They opened fire and killed all of them. Some persons claimed that 10 persons were killed in the bloody fight while others said they counted 15 bodies

“But it was a fight for supremacy among gangs and not a communal crisis. In fact, locals ran away because they feared for their lives. They feared that they might be caught in the cross-fire and reprisal despite being innocent.”

It was gathered that after the Chito exchange penultimate Friday evening, a gang of armed penultimate Saturday evening stormed a drinking spot at Tor Akosu village and opened fire on customers at the bar killing seven persons and injuring several others, some of whom later gave up the ghost before receiving medical attention.

The Sunday Vanguard source said, “Though we cannot say for sure that it was an extension of the supremacy fight, we cannot rule it out because that is what it looked like, and we cannot tell who belongs to whatever groups anymore.

“Ukum has become something else, we are all living in fear as we speak because we cannot tell who is who among our local boys.”

And just when the people were yet to come to terms with the outbreak of the bloody fight, three more persons were last Sunday reportedly killed at a gathering as armed men took the fight to Ayati community in the same Council area.

It was gathered that the spillover to Ayati was not envisaged by the people.

“Nobody expected it but information making the round was that the attack was an extension of the fight that started at the weekend in Chito and Tyo Akosu”, a local said.

“The fact is that we cannot tell who is sympathetic to any group and who is not.

“That is why the fight is getting messier and they are killing human beings as if they are animals.”

And while tension continued to mount in Chito, Tyo Akosu and Ayati communities, the bloody exchange last Monday shifted to Ukoosaa-Atam village in Sai, a community about one kilometer from Ayati.
A source in the area who disclosed that the armed men who belonged to one of the rival gangs sneaked into the community, stormed the village and opened fire on passengers on motorbikes and occupants of tricycles killing 10 of them and injuring others.

The source narrated, “The spot where the attack and killings happened on Monday evening was Ukoosaa-Atam which is just about one kilometer from Ayati town headquarters of Borikyo Council Ward of Ukum LGA.

“The armed men, who everyone suspected are part of the ongoing gang fight in Ukum, came on a Bajaj motorcycle to the village and opened fire on passengers of Keke NAPEP and commercial motorcycles, killing 10 persons while others sustained injuries.

“This is one among the several attacks that have been going on in Ukum communities recently and people are now forced to flee their homes for fear of being killed.

“But we must thank God that He has made them to turn their weapons against each other because in doing so we have some respite.

“We pray they continue to kill each other and maybe at the end of the day help us eliminate themselves for peace to reign in our communities. This could be a way of God fighting for us in Sankera comprising Ukum, Logo and Katsina-Ala LGAs where armed men have in the last 10 years reigned with impunity, killing at will and sacking communities for no justifiable reasons.”
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2023/11/chain-vs-full-fire-tension-as-gang-war-rages-in-benue-dozens-killed/amp/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chain Vs Full Fire: Tension As Gang War Rages In Benue, Dozens Killed by NorthernersSuck: 5:17am On Nov 13, 2023
Stupid and lazy youths, so them have all that strength against themselves, but small small Fulani herdsmen terrorists wants to wiped them out of this planet without fighting back. They should keep their madness within their region, if them mistakenly cross the border near my beloved 042 Enugu state, them go collect more than wetin Fulani herdsmen dey give them. Bastardized idiots

179 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Chain Vs Full Fire: Tension As Gang War Rages In Benue, Dozens Killed by God1000(m): 5:22am On Nov 13, 2023
What is happening in Benue state is really sad, there's no unity anywhere, it's either one tribe is fighting another tribe or there's infighting among a particular tribe.

I've never seen a state where there's so much hatred like Benue and our leaders are not helping.

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Chain Vs Full Fire: Tension As Gang War Rages In Benue, Dozens Killed by Tobichimezie: 5:30am On Nov 13, 2023
My heart is hardened to the plight of Benue people at this point, especially when you remember there are idiots from Benue on this forum who prefer to die on the altar of APC shabby politics than care about the genocide happening right on their homelands. If the likes of Omenka and benuejosh don't care about the genocide in Benue why should I?

99 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Chain Vs Full Fire: Tension As Gang War Rages In Benue, Dozens Killed by Nukilia: 5:44am On Nov 13, 2023
The military have a million and one reasons to restore sanity in this nation... undecided

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chain Vs Full Fire: Tension As Gang War Rages In Benue, Dozens Killed by crossfm: 5:44am On Nov 13, 2023
Benue state mostly in the news for the wrong reasons.

A man whose house is on fire is busy chasing rats. A state that is facing genocide is busy killing each other, instead of uniting and looking for solution to her problem.

They are fighting for supremacy amongst gang's, while the basis of their existence is been threatened.

The award for most naive youths of the year goes to these guys, shameless people.

47 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Chain Vs Full Fire: Tension As Gang War Rages In Benue, Dozens Killed by inoki247: 5:44am On Nov 13, 2023
Face herdsmen no buh you can face ursef....

I think we Nigerians comes to this world with one of the most confusing brain ....

They will create cultist that can't face terrorist buh kill dem sef, du gang war..

Even some foool that see opportunity to Japa still carry this gang war go abroad maybe we jus love killing our sef cos I don't understand again....

40 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Chain Vs Full Fire: Tension As Gang War Rages In Benue, Dozens Killed by sonnie10: 5:44am On Nov 13, 2023
Omenka, do you have any comments? Be safe out there

34 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Chain Vs Full Fire: Tension As Gang War Rages In Benue, Dozens Killed by kennyz247(m): 5:44am On Nov 13, 2023
God we dey your hand oo
Killing everywhere, everytime in Nigeria and nobody is been held responsible..

D county is seating on a time bomb and the government is doing absolutely nothing about it....

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chain Vs Full Fire: Tension As Gang War Rages In Benue, Dozens Killed by tunjijones(m): 5:46am On Nov 13, 2023
Re: Chain Vs Full Fire: Tension As Gang War Rages In Benue, Dozens Killed by bluefilm: 5:47am On Nov 13, 2023
They should continue until they have completely eliminated each other.

Then we can have peace.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chain Vs Full Fire: Tension As Gang War Rages In Benue, Dozens Killed by Akaegwu(m): 5:48am On Nov 13, 2023
poo 💩 Very useless Mofos. Make them kill themselves Finnish like IShagamu people of plantain bandits republic.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chain Vs Full Fire: Tension As Gang War Rages In Benue, Dozens Killed by Nahunger(m): 5:48am On Nov 13, 2023

Very reason I never want to visit that state

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chain Vs Full Fire: Tension As Gang War Rages In Benue, Dozens Killed by DIVINEEVIDENCE: 5:48am On Nov 13, 2023
I don't understand how a people who have been the perennial recipients of ethnic cleansing for some years now could sustain armed gangs whose only aim is to kill off the remaining youngsters who could have stood to defend their communities from the endlessly marauding herdsmen.

Why can't these fools unite with their arms and morale to combat Fulani herdsmen rather than maintaining cult gangs and killing each other for supremacy?

Either these guys are bribed as saboteurs by the Fula or Benue is cursed by some chance or nothing makes sense anymore.

What in the name of all things holy is this arrant idiocy?

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chain Vs Full Fire: Tension As Gang War Rages In Benue, Dozens Killed by Urheadmaster(m): 5:49am On Nov 13, 2023
Seconded cool
bluefilm:
They should continue until they have completely eliminated each other.

Then we can have peace.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chain Vs Full Fire: Tension As Gang War Rages In Benue, Dozens Killed by tunjijones(m): 5:49am On Nov 13, 2023
Benue always in the news for wrong reasons.

I thought they said when this pastor become governor things wld change,

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chain Vs Full Fire: Tension As Gang War Rages In Benue, Dozens Killed by Mindlog: 5:49am On Nov 13, 2023
Let them continue, useless set of people.

7 Likes

Re: Chain Vs Full Fire: Tension As Gang War Rages In Benue, Dozens Killed by anataala: 5:52am On Nov 13, 2023
There’s nothing like fulani headmen in Bunue, the only take advantage of useless ortom to carry out attacks and latter blames fulani but gradually the truth is unfolding
NorthernersSuck:
Stupid and lazy youths, so them have all that strength against themselves, but small small Fulani herdsmen terrorists wants to wiped them out of this planet without fighting back. They should keep their madness within their region, if them mistakenly cross the border near my beloved 042 Enugu state, them go collect more than wetin Fulani herdsmen dey give them. Bastardized idiots

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chain Vs Full Fire: Tension As Gang War Rages In Benue, Dozens Killed by 4tomandchi: 5:54am On Nov 13, 2023
Ignorance and stupidity = cowards

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chain Vs Full Fire: Tension As Gang War Rages In Benue, Dozens Killed by Hassanmaye(m): 5:55am On Nov 13, 2023
NorthernersSuck:
Benue people will wipe you guys out.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chain Vs Full Fire: Tension As Gang War Rages In Benue, Dozens Killed by Ifebi82: 5:56am On Nov 13, 2023
Benuejosh , Omenka and others will avoid this thread like plague. Just mentioned South East, you will see them behaving like rabid dogs

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chain Vs Full Fire: Tension As Gang War Rages In Benue, Dozens Killed by kingthreat(m): 5:57am On Nov 13, 2023
Benue state na one state wey even if you give me 1.5M a month job, I no go go. Useless youths

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chain Vs Full Fire: Tension As Gang War Rages In Benue, Dozens Killed by HeroicMeastro: 5:59am On Nov 13, 2023
NorthernersSuck:
By their comments, you will know them grin

2 Likes

Re: Chain Vs Full Fire: Tension As Gang War Rages In Benue, Dozens Killed by Blitzerz: 5:59am On Nov 13, 2023
People that are supposed to team up and fight herdsmen and oppressors

Instead they are killing themselves

Why are these people this foolish?

Abi na jazz?

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chain Vs Full Fire: Tension As Gang War Rages In Benue, Dozens Killed by Alhajikd: 6:00am On Nov 13, 2023
Useless criminals
Please they should continue cancelling themselves

1 Like

Re: Chain Vs Full Fire: Tension As Gang War Rages In Benue, Dozens Killed by VinnyBaba: 6:01am On Nov 13, 2023
Where is Omenka
Where is Kyase, the Man u fan?🤔🤔

What is Happening in you Guy's state?

because na Peter Obi matter una Sabi put mouth. 😏😕😕

13 Likes

Re: Chain Vs Full Fire: Tension As Gang War Rages In Benue, Dozens Killed by Toosure70: 6:02am On Nov 13, 2023
Nukilia:
The military have a million and one reasons to restore sanity in this nation... undecided
Abi now, because your brother lost election. Remember you're killing yourselves too.
Re: Chain Vs Full Fire: Tension As Gang War Rages In Benue, Dozens Killed by NorthernersSuck: 6:03am On Nov 13, 2023
Hassanmaye:

Benue people will wipe you guys out.

Benue refugees wey dey my state now because of the Fulani herdsmen massacring pass the yorubas refugees wey dey Benin Republic IDP Camp because of the Fulani herdsmen attacks too

20 Likes

Re: Chain Vs Full Fire: Tension As Gang War Rages In Benue, Dozens Killed by VinnyBaba: 6:04am On Nov 13, 2023
Ifebi82:
Benuejosh , Omenka and others will avoid this thread like plague. Just mentioned South East, you will see them behaving like rabid dogs

Very TERRIBLE of them.😕

With all the FULANI ravaging their state, they will never make piim.😒😒

Only to start Jumping upandan and talking Anyhow inside a PETER OBI or South East thread! 😌🤦🤦

7 Likes

Re: Chain Vs Full Fire: Tension As Gang War Rages In Benue, Dozens Killed by donleo92(m): 6:04am On Nov 13, 2023
if na me be commissioner of police for that state, I go do like say I no no waytin dey happen..

make them kee themselves, so them get power to fight, but when killer herds men, were on the rampage them no show strength or even fight.

the only time I would be involved is when they extend their keeing to innocent people. then na to just keep them fight. no arrest would be made. I don't subscribe to gangs.

when them go they sentence you to prison, no gang member go come to the judgement. na just your family, so why should I join a gang?

6 Likes

Re: Chain Vs Full Fire: Tension As Gang War Rages In Benue, Dozens Killed by EdiskyHarry: 6:05am On Nov 13, 2023
One of the most useless States in Nigeria.
Fulani can kill hundreds everyday without any resistance, but you can fight and kill yourselves. Useless Benue youths

14 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why I Renamed UNILAG Moshood Abiola University - Jonathan / Bukola Saraki And 219 Ex-lawmakers To Return Their Official Number Plates - FRSC / Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Blue Line Rail Project Is Currently At 90% Completion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.