Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,117 members, 7,828,976 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

Police Holds Meeting Over Bus Drivers Protest In Lagos. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Holds Meeting Over Bus Drivers Protest In Lagos. (27609 Views)

Lagos Residents Stranded As Bus Drivers Protest ‘extortions’ By MC Oluomo Team / Dino Melaye Divided Senate Meeting Over "Militarized Election Statement" / Breaking: INEC In Emergency Meeting Over Presidential Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Holds Meeting Over Bus Drivers Protest In Lagos. by Otulented: 10:38am On Nov 13, 2023
Hmmm, I thought they would deploy their men to shoot all the protesters. Not a new trend .
Re: Police Holds Meeting Over Bus Drivers Protest In Lagos. by Gboom: 10:41am On Nov 13, 2023
When is private car owners are going to protest against LASTMA because they do worse to them.
LASTMA always lie in wait for private cars as lion lurks for its preys.
Two of them nearly arrested me one Saturdays like that but they saw my children in the car, and they became sad.
Mind you I did not commit any offence base on highway codes or road ethics but seeing a gentleman's face they decided to try me

4 Likes

Re: Police Holds Meeting Over Bus Drivers Protest In Lagos. by Faposky95: 10:43am On Nov 13, 2023
Reportbutton:

Mad man spotted 😁😆

Fool of Ish.....full of ish....which....?
Re: Police Holds Meeting Over Bus Drivers Protest In Lagos. by jackmrandy: 10:46am On Nov 13, 2023
I once said this. When there are no commercial vehicles working, and also shops all closed, where will the government get money as for form tickets

2 Likes

Re: Police Holds Meeting Over Bus Drivers Protest In Lagos. by xenov(m): 10:54am On Nov 13, 2023
This is funny.
Re: Police Holds Meeting Over Bus Drivers Protest In Lagos. by BreconHills(m): 10:59am On Nov 13, 2023
Bobloco:

I am not sad about the news

Lagos state was already crippled since Tinubu criminally captured it by building a conduit pipe from the coffers of Lagos state Treasury to his personal company Alpha Beta milking the common wealth of Lagosians

Tinubu crippled lagos state and you know it

You do know that Alpha Beta also works in Abia, Imo, Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom, Sokoto, Kano, Plateau and Nasarawa states as well Ghana and Sierra Leone and you do know that its revenue model is based on billing for excess revenue made?

Lagos was not in fact the first state to use tax consultants. I first encountered one ( not alphabeta) in Rivers state in 1996 while working for Andersen - we hated them but truth is our job was to minimise tax theirs was to maximize it. Neither if us was doing anything illegal then or today.
Re: Police Holds Meeting Over Bus Drivers Protest In Lagos. by SWaccomodator: 11:02am On Nov 13, 2023
BreconHills:

You do know that Alpha Beta also works in Abia, Imo, Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom, Sokoto, Kano, Plateau and Nasarawa states as well Ghana and Sierra Leone and you do know that its revenue model is based on billing for excess revenue made?

Lagos was not in fact the first state to use tax consultants. I first encountered one ( not alphabeta) in Rivers state in 1996 while working for Andersen - we hated them but truth is our job was to minimise tax theirs was to maximize it. Neither if us was doing anything illegal then or today.

Bola Ahmed Tinubu is a criminal

The evil eggs he laid is hatching

2 Likes

Re: Police Holds Meeting Over Bus Drivers Protest In Lagos. by Bobloco: 11:05am On Nov 13, 2023
BreconHills:

I don't know about other states but Alpha Beta is not in Imo, Abia and Akwa Ibom states. Please get your facts right and Don't believe what ever is posted on their website.

The truth is that Tinubu is using Alpha Beta as a conduit pipe to milk the common wealth of Lagosians

2 Likes

Re: Police Holds Meeting Over Bus Drivers Protest In Lagos. by StreetFight: 11:06am On Nov 13, 2023
Bobloco:

Lagos state was already crippled since Tinubu criminally captured it by building a conduit pipe from the coffers of Lagos state Treasury to his personal company Alpha Beta milking the common wealth of Lagosians

Did Tinubu also capture your state of origin? or how come you all ran away from your cursed states to come and slave in Lagos? Even your useless present and past state governors all spend more time in Lagos than your cursed states

1 Like

Re: Police Holds Meeting Over Bus Drivers Protest In Lagos. by Bobloco: 11:06am On Nov 13, 2023
StreetFight:

Did Tinubu also capture your state of origin? or how come you all ran away from your cursed states to come and slave in Lagos?

Where do you reside
Re: Police Holds Meeting Over Bus Drivers Protest In Lagos. by MadeINchenzen2: 11:13am On Nov 13, 2023
Shut down Nigeria.
Re: Police Holds Meeting Over Bus Drivers Protest In Lagos. by BreconHills(m): 11:14am On Nov 13, 2023
Bobloco:

I don't know about other states but Alpha Beta is not in Imo, Abia and Akwa Ibom states. Please get your facts right and Don't believe what ever is posted on their website.

The truth is that Tinubu is using Alpha Beta as a conduit pipe to milk the common wealth of Lagosians

Sorry, I worked in tax for many years and I do not believe you. I continue to have close connections with the industry. As I said earlier, the revenue model is frictional on the payor not on the state. The state does not lose money. States that use such mechanism show increased yy-yy IGR. The effective charge on the IGR is what you are referring to as siphoning. You need to make a better argument re attributive performance or otherwise for you to make a case. As it is criminalizing alphabeta is simply giving a dog a bad name in order to hang it.

I therefore beg to differ.

1 Like

Re: Police Holds Meeting Over Bus Drivers Protest In Lagos. by dododawa1: 11:19am On Nov 13, 2023
Controls traffic

Turned to

Extortion drivers.
Re: Police Holds Meeting Over Bus Drivers Protest In Lagos. by Allisgud: 11:20am On Nov 13, 2023
When they recruit touts and thugs into lastma that's the attitude u get from them

2 Likes

Re: Police Holds Meeting Over Bus Drivers Protest In Lagos. by Bobloco: 11:24am On Nov 13, 2023
BreconHills:

Sorry, I worked in tax for many years and I do not believe you. I continue to have close connections with the industry. As I said earlier, the revenue model is frictional on the payor not on the state. The state does not lose money. States that use such mechanism show increased yy-yy IGR. The effective charge on the IGR is what you are referring to as siphoning. You need to make a better argument re attributive performance or otherwise for you to make a case. As it is criminalizing alphabeta is simply giving a dog a bad name in order to hang it.

I therefore beg to differ.

From my experience, the use of tax consultants by state governments is merely an avenue to shortchange the state of its IGR.
Lagos state has an a tax agency called lirs, what is their job. Are you telling me that they can't do what Alpha Beta is doing. What is that special thing Alpha Beta is using that cannot be put into use at lirs

1 Like

Re: Police Holds Meeting Over Bus Drivers Protest In Lagos. by bonnyhope: 11:33am On Nov 13, 2023
Why dem be wan protest before
Re: Police Holds Meeting Over Bus Drivers Protest In Lagos. by Diligent1(f): 11:35am On Nov 13, 2023
It is the drivers that feel the heat of this subsidy most.

The agberos, LASTMA, Police will extort the drivers on a daily basis, it looks as if we don't have government, everybody is doing whatever he or she likes especially the law enforcement agencies.

In Ikorodu, the extortion is too much

1 Like

Re: Police Holds Meeting Over Bus Drivers Protest In Lagos. by RepoMan007: 11:39am On Nov 13, 2023
Racoon:
The extortion nowadays by law enforcement agencies across Nigeria is just unbearable.
if louts can extort why should police and latsma who can't tame them hunger?
Same police and latsma who put the politicians in power.
Re: Police Holds Meeting Over Bus Drivers Protest In Lagos. by BreconHills(m): 11:42am On Nov 13, 2023
Bobloco:

From my experience, the use of tax consultants by state governments is merely an avenue to shortchange the state of its IGR.
Lagos state has an a tax agency called lirs, what is their job. Are you telling me that they do what Alpha Beta is doing. What is that special thing Alpha Beta is using that cannot be put into use at lirs

The special thing is why privatization exists. It explains why the private sector enters prison management, visa processing, security and even cemetery building and management.

Bros this convo is expired. Let's move on to other things. Ciao.
Re: Police Holds Meeting Over Bus Drivers Protest In Lagos. by Artscollection: 11:42am On Nov 13, 2023
When you hear igr in Lagos you will be hoping that it is one innovative idea is reeling in the money but alas it is over taxation which is not sustainable in the long run.
Re: Police Holds Meeting Over Bus Drivers Protest In Lagos. by Evolutionism: 11:52am On Nov 13, 2023
The gathering of one of the section of The Most Useless Beings in the entire world.

All roads are in comatose, Yet they keep extorting the drivers and traders.

Awon wereey dede.
Re: Police Holds Meeting Over Bus Drivers Protest In Lagos. by seunny4lif(m): 11:57am On Nov 13, 2023
Why don’t Lagos state government did what Edo and Ondo state government did on public transport.
Too many so called Government agencies AKA touts in Lagos state making transportation too expensive for commoners.

Still surprised that Lagos states don’t underground trains and Trams
Re: Police Holds Meeting Over Bus Drivers Protest In Lagos. by KingOfAmebo(m): 11:57am On Nov 13, 2023
Bobloco:

helinues left the group chat grin grin grin you nailed him very well....grin grin grin being an opposition is much sweeter grin grin grin

Re: Police Holds Meeting Over Bus Drivers Protest In Lagos. by Advancedman(m): 12:03pm On Nov 13, 2023
naptu2:
SP Benjamin Hundeyin

SP Benjamin Hundeyin

Lastma don kill people for Charley boy Gbagada this morning
Re: Police Holds Meeting Over Bus Drivers Protest In Lagos. by Originalsly: 12:11pm On Nov 13, 2023
Racoon:

The extortion nowadays by law enforcement agencies across Nigeria is just unbearable.

I guess thus is what the bus drivers are most upset about. I was expecting the Police to say what steps will be taken to stop the extortion ... but instead they talk about assurances and mutual respect but nothing concrete to solve the problem. The union should call the strike and not be contented with meetings upon meetings.
Re: Police Holds Meeting Over Bus Drivers Protest In Lagos. by Glimpsetv: 12:12pm On Nov 13, 2023

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obono-Obla:People Walking Free With Billion Of Dollars In Accounts / Arise TV Interview With Ibrahim Babangida As He Turns 80 (Video) / Sowore To Buhari: You Dehumanised Us, The Souls You Crushed Will Haunt You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.