Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,674 members, 7,820,366 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

Soyinka Calls Buhari ‘idiot’ For Banning Social Media In Nigeria In 2021 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka Calls Buhari ‘idiot’ For Banning Social Media In Nigeria In 2021 (17049 Views)

Coronavirus: Trump Calls Buhari, Promises To Send Ventilators To Nigeria / Femi Adesina Reacts As Punch Calls Buhari 'Major General' / CNN Calls Buhari And Atiku 'Old Men' Presidential Candidates. Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka Calls Buhari ‘idiot’ For Banning Social Media In Nigeria In 2021 by Efilse: 10:29am On Nov 14, 2023
GET ANY BOOK OF ANY AUTHOR FOR HALF THE PRICE

SEND A MESSAGE ON WHATSAPP 08174686962
Re: Soyinka Calls Buhari ‘idiot’ For Banning Social Media In Nigeria In 2021 by naijapikin2(m): 10:31am On Nov 14, 2023
No no no this is not proper for an elder states man. He shouldn't have call him an idiot.

HE SHOULD HAVE CALLED HIM A BIG IDIOT. 😄😄😄

Idiot is a mild expression 😝😝😝

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Calls Buhari ‘idiot’ For Banning Social Media In Nigeria In 2021 by MeaslesMumpsRub: 10:32am On Nov 14, 2023
Niceday1:
Cowardly old man, now you have mouth to talk

Where were you in the 1960s when men were men.

Jonzing oteh!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soyinka Calls Buhari ‘idiot’ For Banning Social Media In Nigeria In 2021 by joseph1832(m): 10:38am On Nov 14, 2023
Kukutente23:
Acknowledging the importance of the internet he said, “maybe we will have to totally revise our educational system to take in this new monster…”

https://www.arise.tv/soyinka-calls-buhari-idiot-for-banning-social-media-in-nigeria-in-2021/#google_vignette
na real "any kind of pig from the gutter".

Truth is, you'll find many of those pigs here in Nairaland.
Re: Soyinka Calls Buhari ‘idiot’ For Banning Social Media In Nigeria In 2021 by kokomilala(m): 10:46am On Nov 14, 2023
@Niceday1 , how is he cowardly? Or has the word undergone some transformation through time travel, which we are oblivious of.

Because he didn't support your preferred candidate, you now lash out at him, calling him old fool. Obviously, you fit the description of 'people of low intelligence' and a pig with a paw in the mud.

Soyinka has been one of the most courageous intellectuals, who have fought every repressive government since independence.

I just wonder whether the internet has produced more idiots now than we've ever experienced throughout history.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka Calls Buhari ‘idiot’ For Banning Social Media In Nigeria In 2021 by Germi9: 10:48am On Nov 14, 2023
Hypocrisy
Re: Soyinka Calls Buhari ‘idiot’ For Banning Social Media In Nigeria In 2021 by Lastmankc(m): 10:48am On Nov 14, 2023
This foolish cultist.
Re: Soyinka Calls Buhari ‘idiot’ For Banning Social Media In Nigeria In 2021 by Pristine664: 10:49am On Nov 14, 2023
Kukutente23:
There's something about these corny souls 🌽
It's how they are at home with their barefaced group hypocrisy.

Prof Soyinka was well and alive when Buhari was on seat and sending the bird to the gulag. He never uttered a word. The man is out of office in less than six months and you've suddenly found your voice to call him names.

We see this disgusting behaviour among the Zombies who chanted darling daddy and sai baba for 8 years only to repudiate the man like they've never known him once he left office.

This character makes me realise Zombies are not to be taken seriously when it comes to nation building.

What I'm still curious about presently is what exactly drives them? I'm really interested in knowing where they derive their energy and what principles(if any) drives their group interest.

Lol unfortunately most of these people helped you marketed your fraud Obi as if their existence depended on it. grin

It is a good thing that many of them will still read comments like this. cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka Calls Buhari ‘idiot’ For Banning Social Media In Nigeria In 2021 by YourMajesty(m): 10:51am On Nov 14, 2023
joefelin2345:
And what about your own tribe if I may ask? Are they Angels? Mind you these same Yoruba that you are castigating together with very very few other tribes fought for this Democracy that you are struggling to enjoy. Where were your own tribe during the struggle for this Democratic dispensation if I may ask? What is even your own tribe's contributions towards the emancipation of this country since it's inception? Tell us pls.
Most of your tribes men are cowards.... Leave this your sanctimonious talk. And just so you know, I am not from the tribe y'all love to hate.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Calls Buhari ‘idiot’ For Banning Social Media In Nigeria In 2021 by achimendy(m): 10:51am On Nov 14, 2023
RingRoadCartel:

They did it so that "their brother" can become President.

But the real question is, now that Tinubu is the President, how has the life of the average yoruba man improved? Won't their odds still be the same as that of other tribes? If that's the case, then why vote along tribal/religious lines??

You dey mind the 2 faced yoruba man.
Re: Soyinka Calls Buhari ‘idiot’ For Banning Social Media In Nigeria In 2021 by obyno82: 10:54am On Nov 14, 2023
joefelin2345:
And what about your own tribe if I may ask? Are they Angels? Mind you these same Yoruba that you are castigating together with very very few other tribes fought for this Democracy that you are struggling to enjoy. Where were your own tribe during the struggle for this Democratic dispensation if I may ask? What is even your own tribe's contributions towards the emancipation of this country since it's inception? Tell us pls.

don't be two faced just be bold and mention the tribes.
Re: Soyinka Calls Buhari ‘idiot’ For Banning Social Media In Nigeria In 2021 by SmartyPants(m): 10:54am On Nov 14, 2023
Kukutente23:
There's something about these corny souls 🌽
It's how they are at home with their barefaced group hypocrisy.

Prof Soyinka was well and alive when Buhari was on seat and sending the bird to the gulag. He never uttered a word. The man is out of office in less than six months and you've suddenly found your voice to call him names.

We see this disgusting behaviour among the Zombies who chanted darling daddy and sai baba for 8 years only to repudiate the man like they've never known him once he left office.

This character makes me realise Zombies are not to be taken seriously when it comes to nation building.

What I'm still curious about presently is what exactly drives them? I'm really interested in knowing where they derive their energy and what principles(if any) drives their group interest.

So you are saying Soyinka never criticised Buhari while he was in office?

Read your last paragraph to yourself and ask yourself what your own motivation is for telling such a terrible and transparent lie.

A simple google search can reveal the truth of Soyinka's consistent stance on Buhari. But you're more interested in driving agendas.

Why? What's your motivation?

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Calls Buhari ‘idiot’ For Banning Social Media In Nigeria In 2021 by yommen: 10:54am On Nov 14, 2023
Ttipsy:
Democrazy bawo ?

Yes. Alongside NADECO. Many of them were even assissinated by Abacha, including Kudirat Abiola. That's Nigeria history. You no know say Tinubu na Abiola boy Y2K pickin, the indomie generation.
Re: Soyinka Calls Buhari ‘idiot’ For Banning Social Media In Nigeria In 2021 by Pristine664: 10:55am On Nov 14, 2023
RingRoadCartel:

But the real question is, now that Tinubu is the President, how has the life of the average yoruba man improved? Won't their odds still be the same as that of other tribes? If that's the case, then why vote along tribal/religious lines??

But Igbos voted along tribal and religion lines too. Meanwhile, most of the Yorubas around me were deceived into campaigning and voting for your fraud Obi. I'm glad none of them is spared in all these insults. grin

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Calls Buhari ‘idiot’ For Banning Social Media In Nigeria In 2021 by obyno82: 10:55am On Nov 14, 2023
yommen:

For you, everything is tribal. Why are you always pained gangan Na wa o! But these Yorubas you are talking about still voted for your Obi o. Obi got enough required from SW to win but Tinubu's voting strength was in the north. SS and NC were supposed to vote Obi but the votes was split. I mean how could APC have won Rivers? PDP won Bayelsa? PDP won Akwa Ibom? APC won in Benue? Plateau votes highly split.

Tinubu won but not with so much majority in SW while Obi won with overwhelming majority in SE. Out of 6 states in SW, Tinubu only won 4, Atiku won Osun while Obi won Lagos. Obi cleared all 5 states in SE with 95% Tibubu hardly won with such margin in SW, his purported strong hold. SS and NC were supposed to be Obi's strength but he didn't do his assignments. Tinubu did his assignments in the North generally and got a share of Atiku's votes.

Now, how is it Yorubas' fault your Obi lost? Notwithstanding the fact that Ibos voted for Obi overwhelmingly, a good number of Yorubas still voted for him. So it's not Yorubas fault Obi lost cos many of still voted for him. So, your accusation of voting along tribal/religious lines applies to you Ibos more than Yorubas but you don't see it. Too bad.
dude why fight a losing battle? have some shame and be silent like the others.
Re: Soyinka Calls Buhari ‘idiot’ For Banning Social Media In Nigeria In 2021 by Kay25(m): 10:56am On Nov 14, 2023
RingRoadCartel:

Hausas who have been voting along that line ia their lives too Better?its just the norm for our politics that's what u don't know
Re: Soyinka Calls Buhari ‘idiot’ For Banning Social Media In Nigeria In 2021 by SmartyPants(m): 10:57am On Nov 14, 2023
Niceday1:
Cowardly old man, now you have mouth to talk

Soyinka is a coward? Is there any Nigerian alive today that has singlehandedly fought the Nigerian government for justice as Soyinka has through the years?

At your age - certainly less than 30, Soyinka was in Gowon's jail for supporting Biafra.

Who are you to call him a coward?

4 Likes

Re: Soyinka Calls Buhari ‘idiot’ For Banning Social Media In Nigeria In 2021 by obyno82: 10:59am On Nov 14, 2023
yommen:

Sincerely, the likes of Tinubu were the ones that fought for the present Democracy in Nigeria today. They all just suddenly came to start wailing for something they didn't know how it came about.

Tinubu fought for Democracy? i laugh in Swahili, the same Tinubu when Abacha appointed Jakande,secretly lobbied Abacha to be administrator of Lagos. that is why Hamza Al Mustapha said Yorubas betrayed Abiola. Go and ask correct and sincere elders they will tell you the real truth about June 12, if there was anyone who struggled, it was Frank Kokori the NUPENG secretary, it was because of June 12 he was imprisoned.
Chagoury was Abacha's bagman and all of a sudden became Tinubu's associate and you think it was a mere coincidence? keep living in delusions, any so called activist i always try to look at their end game. The same Tinubu talked about restructuring when he was in opposition, now he is president has he said anything about it? stop living in delusion i repeat it again.
Re: Soyinka Calls Buhari ‘idiot’ For Banning Social Media In Nigeria In 2021 by yommen: 11:01am On Nov 14, 2023
Ttipsy:
I think the topic is the prof calling the fmr president an idiot
Why is the critics now ? Is he just waking up ??

Lol funny pple

https://saharareporters.com/2021/06/04/soyinka-reacts-nigerian-governments-suspension-twitter-buharis-bullying-tactics

Soyinka actually condemned it then.

4 Likes

Re: Soyinka Calls Buhari ‘idiot’ For Banning Social Media In Nigeria In 2021 by Brushstrokes20: 11:01am On Nov 14, 2023
Idiot ... Gross UNDERSTATEMENT! undecided
Re: Soyinka Calls Buhari ‘idiot’ For Banning Social Media In Nigeria In 2021 by obyno82: 11:03am On Nov 14, 2023
Pristine664:

Lol unfortunately most of these people helped you marketed your fraud Obi as if their existence depended on it. grin

How is Obi a fraud? you cannot even prove all the allegations against him, none has ever stuck. Bro please be sensible in your comments.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Calls Buhari ‘idiot’ For Banning Social Media In Nigeria In 2021 by Pristine664: 11:04am On Nov 14, 2023
yommen:

For you, everything is tribal. Why are you always pained gangan Na wa o! But these Yorubas you are talking about still voted for your Obi o. Obi got enough required from SW to win but Tinubu's voting strength was in the north. SS and NC were supposed to vote Obi but the votes was split. I mean how could APC have won Rivers? PDP won Bayelsa? PDP won Akwa Ibom? APC won in Benue? Plateau votes highly split.

Tinubu won but not with so much majority in SW while Obi won with overwhelming majority in SE. Out of 6 states in SW, Tinubu only won 4, Atiku won Osun while Obi won Lagos. Obi cleared all 5 states in SE with 95% Tibubu hardly won with such margin in SW, his purported strong hold. SS and NC were supposed to be Obi's strength but he didn't do his assignments. Tinubu did his assignments in the North generally and got a share of Atiku's votes.

Now, how is it Yorubas' fault your Obi lost? Notwithstanding the fact that Ibos voted for Obi overwhelmingly, a good number of Yorubas still voted for him. So it's not Yorubas fault Obi lost cos many of still voted for him. So, your accusation of voting along tribal/religious lines applies to you Ibos more than Yorubas but you don't see it. Too bad.

Lol some of you don't understand that it's beyond politics. If all Yorubas had voted against Tinubu and Tinubu lost the last presidential election, similar insults (but with bragging) would have been directed against the Yorubas.

I saw a post election thread of 2011 and I was wowed even though Jonathan won 5 out of the 6 SW states. grin

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Calls Buhari ‘idiot’ For Banning Social Media In Nigeria In 2021 by yommen: 11:06am On Nov 14, 2023
obyno82:

dude why fight a losing battle? have some shame and be silent like the others.

Losing battle? What's 'losing battle'? Oh you mean lost battle? Who lost the battle? Of course Tinubu won the battle.

See this fool? Who are the others that are silent? Is there anyone watching you spill your balderdash without reply? A fool on this thread turned the whole thread to tribal bashing with the results of the election and I pointed it out to him where Obi lost!

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka Calls Buhari ‘idiot’ For Banning Social Media In Nigeria In 2021 by Pristine664: 11:10am On Nov 14, 2023
obyno82:

How is Obi a fraud? you cannot even prove all the allegations against him, none has ever stuck. Bro please be sensible in your comments.

But all of you that are calling him Messiah today cursed him when he was the governor so what changed??

Has he governed another country since he left office in Anambra to show that he would have been the Nigerian Messiah??

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Calls Buhari ‘idiot’ For Banning Social Media In Nigeria In 2021 by yommen: 11:13am On Nov 14, 2023
Pristine664:

But Igbos voted along tribal and religion lines too. Meanwhile, most of the Yorubas around me were deceived into campaigning and voting for your fraud Obi. I'm glad none of them is spared in all these insults. grin

Bro, you nailed it! See if Obi had won this election, millions of Yorubas who voted him will eventually regret because it will be like na only Igbo man vote for am, seriously. I hope we Yorubas learn to stop being too tolerant soon because it's always working against us. It always come back to hunt us.

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka Calls Buhari ‘idiot’ For Banning Social Media In Nigeria In 2021 by Odogwuzack: 11:15am On Nov 14, 2023
Pristine664:

Hahaha those ones are the real cowards and i.diots

I've known Igbos all my life with their hypocrisy, Obi was the worst candidate in the last election.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Calls Buhari ‘idiot’ For Banning Social Media In Nigeria In 2021 by Againstallodds: 11:24am On Nov 14, 2023
princeemmma:
this man with grey

always running and hiding

I once thought he his a man of his word and great heart

all i see his a coward, who is hiding for his life

Come and see his house here in Abeokuta, very bushy place, that it will be difficult for someone to know where to locate him

Always dishing stupid comment when he feels things are at peace

off the mic bro.

Re: Soyinka Calls Buhari ‘idiot’ For Banning Social Media In Nigeria In 2021 by Odogwuzack: 11:25am On Nov 14, 2023
Normally, Igbos are people that likes to brag, if you don't give them that opportunity to brag they will hate you. They know their candidate is bad but they hate Yorubas for denying them opportunity to brag yet again.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Calls Buhari ‘idiot’ For Banning Social Media In Nigeria In 2021 by IMAliyu(m): 11:29am On Nov 14, 2023
RingRoadCartel:

You Speak as tho the average tribalist has the brain capacity to reason any of that.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Calls Buhari ‘idiot’ For Banning Social Media In Nigeria In 2021 by IJEYdiamond(f): 11:35am On Nov 14, 2023
ArmaniUhuru:
Both buhari and Soyinka are idiots. Gone are the days when they say old people are wise people.

Their type no wise oooo
Re: Soyinka Calls Buhari ‘idiot’ For Banning Social Media In Nigeria In 2021 by muscodee: 11:36am On Nov 14, 2023
YourMajesty:
Most of your tribes men are cowards.... Leave this your sanctimonious talk. And just so you know, I am not from the tribe y'all love to hate.

Very wrong, Yoruba civilization has evolved intellectually, we fought wars in the past, and we have a strong history of bravery. We have discovered ways of winning wars without shedding blood. We know how to proselytize our religions, science, and culture; that's why they thrive in enlightened civilizations. Your civilization is quite primitive despite the glaring advent of enlightenment in this age and time, you stubbornly refuse to grow beyond the Nzogbu nzogbu mentality of your kith and kind, all brawn, no sense. Swallow your pride; come and learn. Coward my foot!

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Calls Buhari ‘idiot’ For Banning Social Media In Nigeria In 2021 by pacespot(m): 11:43am On Nov 14, 2023
joefelin2345:

Where is the democracy in Nigeria today?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Plot To Bomb Lagos Real- Service Chiefs / Osinbajo,Apc Governors Storm Benin As Obaseki Flags Off Guber Campaign / Secret Service Is Analysing The Voice In Leah Sharibu's Audio - Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.