Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,596 members, 7,823,597 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:11 PM

Soyinka Calls Buhari ‘idiot’ For Banning Social Media In Nigeria In 2021 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka Calls Buhari ‘idiot’ For Banning Social Media In Nigeria In 2021 (17055 Views)

Coronavirus: Trump Calls Buhari, Promises To Send Ventilators To Nigeria / Femi Adesina Reacts As Punch Calls Buhari 'Major General' / CNN Calls Buhari And Atiku 'Old Men' Presidential Candidates. Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka Calls Buhari ‘idiot’ For Banning Social Media In Nigeria In 2021 by Litmus: 11:43am On Nov 14, 2023
Personally, Buhari was right in his attempt at controlling Social Media. He may even have been ahead of his time since, later, most Nations began openly critiquing, implementing or attempting to control Social Media. America, UK and france, including. Nations responsible for advancing Liberal Democracy itself.

Wole Soyinka is typical of copyers. Copyers always overdo what they copy. We must overdo democracy, destroying ourselves to implement things even the West wouldn't . This is why black women are more feminist than Feminists, our young jettisoning tradition, hunor and pride all in the name of japparing.
Re: Soyinka Calls Buhari ‘idiot’ For Banning Social Media In Nigeria In 2021 by Nchenches: 11:44am On Nov 14, 2023
[quote author=Kukutente23 post=126949829]There's something about these corny souls 🌽
It's how they are at home with their barefaced group hypocrisy.

Prof Soyinka was well and alive when Buhari was on seat and sending the bird to the gulag. He never uttered a word. The man is out of office in less than six months and you've suddenly found your voice to call him names.

We see this disgusting behaviour among the Zombies who chanted darling daddy and sai baba for 8 years only to repudiate the man like they've never known him once he left office.

This character makes me realise Zombies are not tical structure where northern soldiers created 20 new federating units (states) in one northern region but only 17 federating units in the two regions that entered independent Nigeria with the northern region in 1960.
The Soyinka's of the SW can now be noisy with Tinubu being in power, but Buhari's Arewa is still in charge.
Buhari warned that anyone who calls him to give account of his stewardship must be in trouble. A superpower man would do that.
Re: Soyinka Calls Buhari ‘idiot’ For Banning Social Media In Nigeria In 2021 by Nchenches: 11:47am On Nov 14, 2023
[quote author=Kukutente23 post=126949829]There's something about these corny souls 🌽

Prof Soyinka was well and alive when Buhari was on seat and sending the bird to the gulag. He never uttered a word. The man is out of office in less than six months and you've suddenly found your voice to call him names.

We see this disgusting behaviour among the Zombies who chanted darling daddy and sai baba for 8 years only to repudiate the man like they've never known him once he left office.
-----------------------------------------

The Soyinkas know that the Buharis of Arewa own Nigeria by vice of the New
political structure where northern soldiers created 20 new federating units (states) in one northern region but only 17 federating units in the two regions that entered independent Nigeria with the northern region in 1960.
The Soyinka's of the SW can now be noisy with Tinubu being in power, but Buhari's Arewa is still in charge.
Buhari warned that anyone who calls him to give account of his stewardship must be in trouble. A superpower man would do that.
Re: Soyinka Calls Buhari ‘idiot’ For Banning Social Media In Nigeria In 2021 by geoworldedu: 12:03pm On Nov 14, 2023
RingRoadCartel:

They did it so that "their brother" can become President.

But the real question is, now that Tinubu is the President, how has the life of the average yoruba man improved? Won't their odds still be the same as that of other tribes? If that's the case, then why vote along tribal/religious lines??

Every region in this country voted along tribal line and it's harmful to the development of this country. I am not a Yoruba but I can say clearly that candidates of other tribes had more percentage of votes in the SW than what Tinubu got in the East. Las las, Hausa was the least tribalist in that election because Tinubu had a fair percentage in the North, handling him the win. The East had almost 100% Obi, which depicts how tribalistic they are. Mind you, I am not tribalistic but I am speaking from reality and lastly I will reiterate it that no matter who becomes president, Nigeria cannot be better. It will only get worst, because there is no good foundation. Revolution is the only thing that can bring it back to factory setting and we start afresh.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka Calls Buhari ‘idiot’ For Banning Social Media In Nigeria In 2021 by mozona(m): 12:34pm On Nov 14, 2023
This one has been in silence since tinubu entered.
Re: Soyinka Calls Buhari ‘idiot’ For Banning Social Media In Nigeria In 2021 by Kukutente23: 12:38pm On Nov 14, 2023
SmartyPants:

So you are saying Soyinka never criticised Buhari while he was in office?

Read your last paragraph to yourself and ask yourself what your own motivation is for telling such a terrible and transparent lie.

A simple google search can reveal the truth of Soyinka's consistent stance on Buhari. But you're more interested in driving agendas.

Why? What's your motivation?

I'm not responsible for your inability to comprehend
It seems as if the only thing associated with smartness in you is your pants
Re: Soyinka Calls Buhari ‘idiot’ For Banning Social Media In Nigeria In 2021 by SmartyPants(m): 12:42pm On Nov 14, 2023
Kukutente23:

I'm not responsible for your inability to comprehend
It seems as if the only thing associated with smartness in you is your pants

The usual meaningless drivel, I see. Full marks for consistency. Too bad you're not quite as prolific with integrity or good sense.
Re: Soyinka Calls Buhari ‘idiot’ For Banning Social Media In Nigeria In 2021 by Kukutente23: 12:50pm On Nov 14, 2023
SmartyPants:

The usual meaningless drivel, I see. Full marks for consistency. Too bad you're not quite as prolific with integrity or good sense.
Hahaha
You see how you are? You're talking about consistency when the same subject you're defending exhibited a lack of consistency in his public intervention.
Wear your pants on your head
Maybe smartness can seep in
Re: Soyinka Calls Buhari ‘idiot’ For Banning Social Media In Nigeria In 2021 by winner37(m): 12:51pm On Nov 14, 2023
The hottest portion of hell is for those who remains silent in time or moral Crisis..

I strongly believed when is tribal man leaves office he will say the last administration Headed by a tyrant and a drug lord is the worst administration ever ..
Re: Soyinka Calls Buhari ‘idiot’ For Banning Social Media In Nigeria In 2021 by 12345baba(m): 1:08pm On Nov 14, 2023
Na now baba get liver
Re: Soyinka Calls Buhari ‘idiot’ For Banning Social Media In Nigeria In 2021 by CJStarz: 1:22pm On Nov 14, 2023
They're driven by hatred

Kukutente23:
There's something about these corny souls 🌽

This character makes me realise Zombies are not to be taken seriously when it comes to nation building.

What I'm still curious about presently is what exactly drives them? I'm really interested in knowing where they derive their energy and what principles(if any) drives their group interest.
Re: Soyinka Calls Buhari ‘idiot’ For Banning Social Media In Nigeria In 2021 by IbileIfe: 1:24pm On Nov 14, 2023
princepeter566:
Both of them are idiets
Morons.
Always failing to comprehend a literary icon and phenomenon in the history of modern Literature.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Calls Buhari ‘idiot’ For Banning Social Media In Nigeria In 2021 by kinkydude: 1:25pm On Nov 14, 2023
See grammar😁He cut, gave him his size sharp sharp
Re: Soyinka Calls Buhari ‘idiot’ For Banning Social Media In Nigeria In 2021 by sweetjohn(m): 1:32pm On Nov 14, 2023
Useless prof. After collecting his awards you kept mute during his tenor it’s now your doll baby is in power you now have a voice. Satanic prof
Re: Soyinka Calls Buhari ‘idiot’ For Banning Social Media In Nigeria In 2021 by Woodshot: 1:33pm On Nov 14, 2023
jmoore:
Soyinka called Patience Jonathan a sheepopotamus. So calling Buhari an idiot is not a surprise. The main point is the issue of hypocrisy exhibited by the professor that invaded a radio station with gun because his candidate did not win. He keeps talking about obedients using foul language when he is the professor of foul languages.

APC/Tinubu supporters clapped for Buhari for the ban. Is he saying that Tinubu supporters are idiots too?

Stop distorting history. Now it's time you do a whole lot of reading and have your facts. Soyinka never invaded a radio station with a gun .
Re: Soyinka Calls Buhari ‘idiot’ For Banning Social Media In Nigeria In 2021 by Freebills12: 1:51pm On Nov 14, 2023
[color=#000099][/color]
joefelin2345:
And what about your own tribe if I may ask? Are they Angels? Mind you these same Yoruba that you are castigating together with very very few other tribes fought for this Democracy that you are struggling to enjoy. Where were your own tribe during the struggle for this Democratic dispensation if I may ask? What is even your own tribe's contributions towards the emancipation of this country since it's inception? Tell us pls.

Which democracy? Continue to deceive yourself! The only fight for democracy in Nigeria is before 1960 championed by our national heroes. That Abiola was denied in 1993 just like Obi was denied 2023 by Buhari is not a fight for democracy. Kogi and Imo gubernatorial election 2023, are Dino and Sam Anyanwu who were robbed by APC and INEC fighting for Democracy? Abiola fighting for his mandate is now a fight for democracy? Think twice!
Re: Soyinka Calls Buhari ‘idiot’ For Banning Social Media In Nigeria In 2021 by Jomonix: 1:53pm On Nov 14, 2023
joefelin2345:
And what about your own tribe if I may ask? Are they Angels? Mind you these same Yoruba that you are castigating together with very very few other tribes fought for this Democracy that you are struggling to enjoy. Where were your own tribe during the struggle for this Democratic dispensation if I may ask? What is even your own tribe's contributions towards the emancipation of this country since it's inception? Tell us pls.

You see the kind of democracy you so called people fought for. We are now fighting to take democracy to the level it should be. We are traditionally a democratic society where everyone's voice is heard and competition is acceptable, not killed.
Re: Soyinka Calls Buhari ‘idiot’ For Banning Social Media In Nigeria In 2021 by Myer(m): 2:28pm On Nov 14, 2023
RingRoadCartel:

They did it so that "their brother" can become President.

But the real question is, now that Tinubu is the President, how has the life of the average yoruba man improved? Won't their odds still be the same as that of other tribes? If that's the case, then why vote along tribal/religious lines??

God has remembered Nigeria and especially the Yorubas.
If you have a problem with that, then it's God you have a problem with, not man.

About the suffering, Rome wasn't built in a day. President Tinubu's administration is barely 9 months in.
If you are still alive by then, you may well enjoy the blessing just as you endure the suffering.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Calls Buhari ‘idiot’ For Banning Social Media In Nigeria In 2021 by plaetton: 2:51pm On Nov 14, 2023
Niceday1:
Cowardly old man, now you have mouth to talk
You spoke my mind.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Calls Buhari ‘idiot’ For Banning Social Media In Nigeria In 2021 by Primusinterpares(m): 3:55pm On Nov 14, 2023
This man is thinks he is always correct.
However, the fact that someone cannot speak or write correctly in English doesn't make him or her not intelligence.
Intelligence is not the ability to speak or write in English language.
Intelligence is simply the ability to acquire and apply knowledge.
Re: Soyinka Calls Buhari ‘idiot’ For Banning Social Media In Nigeria In 2021 by Padipadi(m): 3:58pm On Nov 14, 2023
Niceday1:
Cowardly old man, now you have mouth to talk
another idiót like bulari
Re: Soyinka Calls Buhari ‘idiot’ For Banning Social Media In Nigeria In 2021 by Benharyor(m): 4:30pm On Nov 14, 2023
They claim to be natonalist but servitude to the govt.....quote right or wrong im a true born yoruba boy and ethnicity aside this old bearded fool has never made any positive impact in this country nor make any positive move for the betterment of Nigeria political ambience all they do is granting interview all around vibrating on some dead Vocabularies telling which govt is right of wrong...no feasible move or action other than claiming to be some toothless barking elder statesman....go rest
Re: Soyinka Calls Buhari ‘idiot’ For Banning Social Media In Nigeria In 2021 by RingRoadCartel: 8:59pm On Nov 14, 2023
Myer:

God has remembered Nigeria and especially the Yorubas.
If you have a problem with that, then it's God you have a problem with, not man.

About the suffering, Rome wasn't built in a day. President Tinubu's administration is barely 9 months in.
If you are still alive by then, you may well enjoy the blessing just as you endure the suffering.

Na you and your papa go endure suffering, not me.
Re: Soyinka Calls Buhari ‘idiot’ For Banning Social Media In Nigeria In 2021 by Codes151(m): 9:23pm On Nov 14, 2023
Buhari na fool
Re: Soyinka Calls Buhari ‘idiot’ For Banning Social Media In Nigeria In 2021 by Myer(m): 9:38pm On Nov 14, 2023
RingRoadCartel:

Na you and your papa go endure suffering, not me.
It's not what you can deny or wish away. Nigeria is going through famine and drought and e dey touch everybody including the President and our Oil Giants and Merchants, TeleComms and even Churches.
So, instead of denying the obvious, pray for Mercy and Favor. Because even in this famine, God is making a way for some, this is their season to shine and prosper.

Some thing to ponder over as you sleep. Good night.
Re: Soyinka Calls Buhari ‘idiot’ For Banning Social Media In Nigeria In 2021 by Sirianese: 10:05pm On Nov 14, 2023
Kukutente23:
Acknowledging the importance of the internet he said, “maybe we will have to totally revise our educational system to take in this new monster…”

https://www.arise.tv/soyinka-calls-buhari-idiot-for-banning-social-media-in-nigeria-in-2021/#google_vignette

Soyinka is a bigger idiot than Buhari
Re: Soyinka Calls Buhari ‘idiot’ For Banning Social Media In Nigeria In 2021 by Melagros(m): 11:22pm On Nov 14, 2023
Kukutente23:
There's something about these corny souls 🌽

This character makes me realise Zombies are not to be taken seriously when it comes to nation building.

What I'm still curious about presently is what exactly drives them? I'm really interested in knowing where they derive their energy and what principles(if any) drives their group interest.
Those people are coward naturally
Re: Soyinka Calls Buhari ‘idiot’ For Banning Social Media In Nigeria In 2021 by Ken5566: 1:52am On Nov 15, 2023
President Yardua was a very sincere man different from the normal Nigeria politician.
joefelin2345:
How were the lives of an average Northerner, South South
people change when Late President Yardua, Gej & PMB were the presidents of this country if I may ask? Same thing would happen when an Ibo man becomes the President whenever. The fact remains that politicians don't know tribes, they only know class my dear friend. Get that & be at peace with every one.
Re: Soyinka Calls Buhari ‘idiot’ For Banning Social Media In Nigeria In 2021 by eepeepook: 3:38am On Nov 15, 2023
Okay. Good. Life goes on.
Re: Soyinka Calls Buhari ‘idiot’ For Banning Social Media In Nigeria In 2021 by MomohMrMoore: 2:09pm On Nov 15, 2023
I think Soyinka was the idiot. Education is different from intelligence. Many qestern countries have once banned social media. Western social media are still banned in China, Russia, North Korea etc.. So Putin, Xi Pin are idiots? And only Soyinka reasonable? He is the idiot, I think

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

New Igbo Group Vows To Avenge Killings In The North / Buhari Will Lead Military To Fight Boko Haram – Osinbajo / DSS, Others Bar Journalists From Collation Centres In Imo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.