Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,668 members, 7,816,747 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

Your Newborn Baby's Birth Weight - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Your Newborn Baby's Birth Weight (14651 Views)

Progeria: Newborn Baby In South Africa Looks Like An 80-Year-Old Woman (Picture) / Folashade Adesina: Nurse β€˜Pierced Newborn Baby’s Eyes To Avenge Carryover’ / Newborn Baby Grabs Doctor's Shirt And Refuses To Let Go Seconds After Birth (Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Newborn Baby's Birth Weight by 1Sharon(f): 5:41pm On Nov 15, 2023
I love tiny babies
Re: Your Newborn Baby's Birth Weight by Caleb15(m): 5:45pm On Nov 15, 2023
bcomputer101:
50kg
Bag of Rice
Re: Your Newborn Baby's Birth Weight by wang2000: 5:46pm On Nov 15, 2023
https://www.nigavid.com/

Nigavid! The social network for Nigerians who are avid professionals
Engage with like-minded professionals, exchange insights, and explore opportunities for growth and collaboration
Re: Your Newborn Baby's Birth Weight by ObabiOlorunosi(m): 5:47pm On Nov 15, 2023
My son was 4.2kg. They asked my wife if she was diabetic..thank God for safe delivery. The baby showed my wife shege cheesy

1 Like

Re: Your Newborn Baby's Birth Weight by spartachico(m): 5:53pm On Nov 15, 2023
my son was 4.0 at birth , that boy na orobo

1 Like

Re: Your Newborn Baby's Birth Weight by Neddyogu(m): 5:53pm On Nov 15, 2023
Resetinc:
na over sabi dey do this generation

we wen dem born for village, my 9mnth pregnant mama just came back from farm one evening next thing belle don dey do her somehow she just enter room born me drop for mat, na she still use her voice call village relatives and neighbors to come bath and carry me.. before my papa come back from hunting mama don enter kitchen dey cook evening meal … πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Wehdone sah! grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Newborn Baby's Birth Weight by wunmi590(m): 5:54pm On Nov 15, 2023

My first child was 3.5 (Female)

My second was 3.7 (Male)

2 Likes

Re: Your Newborn Baby's Birth Weight by Kukutente23: 5:55pm On Nov 15, 2023
oluwaseyi0:

Without all those things our fore fathers make babies

It's about cutting your cloth according to your size
Imagine
See zombie
So you want to live like your forefathers lived
That's why you voted for balablu
I shame on your behalf
Re: Your Newborn Baby's Birth Weight by Kukutente23: 5:57pm On Nov 15, 2023
post=126986149:
Making Big Babies is our hobby πŸ˜‰ ❀️
5.8Kg......
Zombie
The topic is new born babies
Seems apc induced hunger is beginning to affect the little brain you have
Re: Your Newborn Baby's Birth Weight by Kukutente23: 5:58pm On Nov 15, 2023
Tjra:

Ofcourse they are.

Na you go double your hustle. Go and advertise your statement of purpose and CV writing services for NYSC camp.

You sef go make good morning and get married. NAN of 5k no go be your problem.
Do you have a baby
Re: Your Newborn Baby's Birth Weight by Kukutente23: 5:58pm On Nov 15, 2023
MissJoy29:
It's also important to note that babies who have normal weight gain lose some of the weight over the next few days & weeks after birth but then quickly cover up & start gaining more weight. This is pretty normal.

The next appointment with the doctor after birth should tell you whether your baby is adding weight or not. Be sure to find out.
This is not true
Re: Your Newborn Baby's Birth Weight by Kukutente23: 6:00pm On Nov 15, 2023
ObabiOlorunosi:
My son was 4.2kg. They asked my wife if she was diabetic..thank God for safe delivery. The baby showed my wife shege cheesy
Must have been post-- term 38 weeks and above
Re: Your Newborn Baby's Birth Weight by Kukutente23: 6:00pm On Nov 15, 2023
spartachico:
my son was 4.0 at birth , that boy na orobo
Post- term birth definitely
Re: Your Newborn Baby's Birth Weight by Aforxzy(f): 6:06pm On Nov 15, 2023
Those tiny babies have little chances of survival.
Re: Your Newborn Baby's Birth Weight by Boniee(m): 6:07pm On Nov 15, 2023
Resetinc:

we wen dem born for village, my 9mnth pregnant mama just came back from farm one evening next thing belle don dey do her somehow she just enter room born me drop for mat, na she still use her voice call village relatives and neighbors to come bath and carry me.. before my papa come back from hunting mama don enter kitchen dey cook evening meal … πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

My Gee..abeg who tey yu this storyπŸ˜€πŸ˜€

1 Like

Re: Your Newborn Baby's Birth Weight by spartachico(m): 6:09pm On Nov 15, 2023
nope, my wife gave birth during the EDD given on the last scan and it was within the 2weeks minus and 2 weeks plus
no extension date
Kukutente23:

Post- term birth definitely
Re: Your Newborn Baby's Birth Weight by DDIA: 6:10pm On Nov 15, 2023
Healthcube:
A newborn baby's birth weight is a topic I have always want to talk about. However I will keep it brief.

A baby's birth weight is an important indicator to health.

A child's normal weight is somewhere between 2.5 and 3.5 kg. If the weight is slightly more than 3.5 kg it is also considered to be normal. If your baby weighs less than 2.5 kg, he or she is said to have a low birth weight. This is something that can happen to premature babies.

When your baby is born ask of its birth weight. The labour ward nurse will tell you.

The weight of your baby is an important indicator to the health of your baby.

A baby below 2.5kg is a considered a low birth weight. A baby below 1.5kg is very low birth weight. Babies who weigh less than 1kg are extremely low birth weight.

What are you trying to say? angry

Are you saying pocohantas and candidlady were overweight babies? angry

Because they were born weighing 6.2kg and 5.8kg respectively.

No offeeeeeensce ( LarryCork ) grin
Re: Your Newborn Baby's Birth Weight by peacettw: 6:20pm On Nov 15, 2023
Interesting.
Re: Your Newborn Baby's Birth Weight by Alwaysachick: 6:24pm On Nov 15, 2023
4kg
Couldn't walk properly for almost 2wks. Joyous but painful experience. Thank God for every

2 Likes

Re: Your Newborn Baby's Birth Weight by Alwaysachick: 6:26pm On Nov 15, 2023
oluwaseyi0:

Without all those things our fore fathers make babies

It's about cutting your cloth according to your size

SMA is 12k

1 Like

Re: Your Newborn Baby's Birth Weight by gidjah(m): 6:26pm On Nov 15, 2023
Last child came out 1.kg, very small in stature even though momma and poppa were big size both in height and shape. This had nothing to do with feedingBiko, spouse eats well but complications set in at the beginning of the EDD. MADAM had about a month delay or even more, infact droppings of blood(green in color )started coming out of her body ? First child was out of CS ,we were praying and hoping this one won't be same but when we noticed her health and date started widening,had to run to God to help. But at last ,baby came through CS and weighted about 1.2kg or so.i wasn't happy with that but had to appreciate God for d safe delivery after plenty plenty complications.she almost gave up sef during d Operation (SOLAR LIGHT GOT OFF DURING OPERATION)IT was God that didn't allow the gates of hell to prevail.i shall ever remain greatful for that victory and thanks to the spiritual men around then. I had to say this ,hers was a serious attack from the enemies of Light.But it wasn't as a result of poor feeding ,she fell sick and started loosing strength along the way .

1 Like

Re: Your Newborn Baby's Birth Weight by Juniorangel(m): 6:29pm On Nov 15, 2023
Resetinc:

Lwkmd grin grin grin straight from the ghetto, na ghetto we get then but now na trenches.

1 Like

Re: Your Newborn Baby's Birth Weight by ukaface(f): 7:00pm On Nov 15, 2023
10kg
Re: Your Newborn Baby's Birth Weight by Pastorwuta: 7:04pm On Nov 15, 2023
My baby came 2.5kg..A month after, she weighed over 4kg.

Mehn, salute to all fathers! We dey try too grin

1 Like

Re: Your Newborn Baby's Birth Weight by thaoriginator: 7:05pm On Nov 15, 2023
wunmi590:

My first child was 3.5 (Female)

My second was 3.7 (Male)
what of the 3rd, 4th and 5th? cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your Newborn Baby's Birth Weight by Pinkyposh(f): 7:28pm On Nov 15, 2023
Eriggs:
I love big babies
You go fit carry them for long when they are crying?
πŸ€”πŸ€”
Re: Your Newborn Baby's Birth Weight by NinaArsenal(f): 7:40pm On Nov 15, 2023
As I first time mum, CS was carried out on me coz scanning showed my baby is above 3.9kg, when he was delivered my blue jet was weighing 4.3kg.

We are 6months gone and he is growing very tall, big and healthy. Neighbours no dey like carry am Tey coz of his weight. I mostly back him Coz my baby na heavy weight champion.

3 Likes

Re: Your Newborn Baby's Birth Weight by ObabiOlorunosi(m): 7:51pm On Nov 15, 2023
Kukutente23:

Must have been post-- term 38 weeks and above

I am not sure about that. It was one of the uncomfortable experiences I have had. At some point,I became worried and scared. My wife had tears as a result of the size of the baby

1 Like

Re: Your Newborn Baby's Birth Weight by Mimiranky: 7:51pm On Nov 15, 2023
What if the infant weighs 5kg

1 Like

Re: Your Newborn Baby's Birth Weight by Ladymillion(f): 8:01pm On Nov 15, 2023
My baby was overweight at birth 5.4kg, Doctor said such babies are called microsonic, had low sugar and was admitted till it normalised , I had her via CS bc of the weight

2 Likes

Re: Your Newborn Baby's Birth Weight by Ladymillion(f): 8:02pm On Nov 15, 2023
Yes , there must be a reason

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? / Federal Health Workers Under The Umbrella Of JOHESU Embark On Indefinite Trike / Does It Really Mean That There Is No Cure For Staphylococcus?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.