Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,729 members, 7,831,315 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

Your Newborn Baby's Birth Weight - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Your Newborn Baby's Birth Weight (14682 Views)

Progeria: Newborn Baby In South Africa Looks Like An 80-Year-Old Woman (Picture) / Folashade Adesina: Nurse โ€˜Pierced Newborn Babyโ€™s Eyes To Avenge Carryoverโ€™ / Newborn Baby Grabs Doctor's Shirt And Refuses To Let Go Seconds After Birth (Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Newborn Baby's Birth Weight by wunmi590(m): 8:28pm On Nov 15, 2023
thaoriginator:
what of the 3rd, 4th and 5th? cry

I dash you that one

2 Likes

Re: Your Newborn Baby's Birth Weight by missRonica(f): 7:00am On Nov 16, 2023
My twins were 3.0 n 3.1
Re: Your Newborn Baby's Birth Weight by MrSly(m): 9:25am On Nov 16, 2023
Healthcube:
A newborn baby's birth weight is a topic I have always want to talk about. However I will keep it brief.

A baby's birth weight is an important indicator to health.

A child's normal weight is somewhere between 2.5 and 3.5 kg. If the weight is slightly more than 3.5 kg it is also considered to be normal. If your baby weighs less than 2.5 kg, he or she is said to have a low birth weight. This is something that can happen to premature babies.

When your baby is born ask of its birth weight. The labour ward nurse will tell you.

The weight of your baby is an important indicator to the health of your baby.

A baby below 2.5kg is a considered a low birth weight. A baby below 1.5kg is very low birth weight. Babies who weigh less than 1kg are extremely low birth weight.

My daughter weighed 3.5 kg at birth. Meanwhile an important addition to this topic is that many hospitals estimate an unborn baby's weight through abdominal scan of the mother. But no one can actually ascertain the exact weight of a baby until birth. My daughter's weight was 3.8kg before birth through scan. When she was birthed and weighed she was 3.5kg dot.
Re: Your Newborn Baby's Birth Weight by theamazonguru(m): 2:18pm On Nov 16, 2023
sonnie10:
Are people still having babies in this current Nigeria?
It is well.

Come my area come see Buzube wife, she don get another belle join the previous 2 children they had.
Both husband, wife and children look so so so malnourished that on seeing them all you can see is the evidence of suffering and poverty.

Anyone who doesn't know what poverty means can literally use this guys to describe it.

I shock as I see the wife carry another belle.

God have mercy.
Re: Your Newborn Baby's Birth Weight by bukatyne(f): 3:02pm On Nov 16, 2023
Resetinc:
na over sabi/ pampering dey do this generation

we wen dem born for village, my 9mnth pregnant mama just came back from farm one evening next thing belle don dey do her somehow she just enter room born me drop for mat, na she still use her voice call village relatives and neighbors to come bath and carry me oo , before my papa come back from hunting mama don enter kitchen dey cook evening meal โ€ฆ ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ this generation wife miss her period even to climb upstairs na wahala ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ na una Dey make babies no strong

Suffering, poverty and lack of empathy shouldn't be normalised.

In that same time, some women were pampered and taken good care of.
Re: Your Newborn Baby's Birth Weight by bukatyne(f): 3:08pm On Nov 16, 2023
gidjah:
Last child came out 1.kg, very small in stature even though momma and poppa were big size both in height and shape. This had nothing to do with feedingBiko, spouse eats well but complications set in at the beginning of the EDD. MADAM had about a month delay or even more, infact droppings of blood(green in color )started coming out of her body ? First child was out of CS ,we were praying and hoping this one won't be same but when we noticed her health and date started widening,had to run to God to help. But at last ,baby came through CS and weighted about 1.2kg or so.i wasn't happy with that but had to appreciate God for d safe delivery after plenty plenty complications.she almost gave up sef during d Operation (SOLAR LIGHT GOT OFF DURING OPERATION)IT was God that didn't allow the gates of hell to prevail.i shall ever remain greatful for that victory and thanks to the spiritual men around then. I had to say this ,hers was a serious attack from the enemies of Light.But it wasn't as a result of poor feeding ,she fell sick and started loosing strength along the way .

Thank God for safety of mom & child. He will continually keep them.

Amen.

1 Like

Re: Your Newborn Baby's Birth Weight by bukatyne(f): 3:10pm On Nov 16, 2023
wunmi590:

I dash you that one

grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Your Newborn Baby's Birth Weight by wunmi590(m): 6:07pm On Nov 16, 2023
bukatyne:

grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

Honestly, that guy doesn't know what I'm facing to feed 2kids, a wife and myself, he's still asking me what of 3rd, 4th and 5th ๐Ÿ˜† as if he's the one that will give me money...

I've not collected this month salary, I don even spend am finish self..

Imagine 250k salary, hardly sustained 4 of us
Re: Your Newborn Baby's Birth Weight by MissJoy29(f): 10:20pm On Nov 26, 2023
Kukutente23:

This is not true
I don't understand. What's not true?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

COVID-19 Update For October 5 2020 In Nigeria - (2,120 Tested) / COVID-19: Ogun State Launches Sample Collection Centre In Ota / Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.