Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,028 members, 7,814,509 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

EFCC Operatives Forced Me To Agree To Refund N1 Billion – Ex-BPE DG, Dikki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Operatives Forced Me To Agree To Refund N1 Billion – Ex-BPE DG, Dikki (10066 Views)

Supreme Court Upholds Committal Of Ex-BPE DG, Alex Okoh To Prison / FG Withdraws Power Of Attorney For 40% Shares In Discos From BPE / Tinubu Sacks Irukera (FCCPC CEO), Okoh (DG, BPE) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Operatives Forced Me To Agree To Refund N1 Billion – Ex-BPE DG, Dikki by Thonyboy: 6:40am On Nov 15, 2023
Former Director-General of the Bureau of Public Enterprises (BPE), Benjamin Dikki, told an FCT High Court on Tuesday that EFCC operatives forced him to make a commitment to refund N1 billion.

Dikki is being prosecuted by EFCC, alongside his company, Kebna Studio and Communications Limited, before Justice Yusuf Halilu.

He was dragged to court on a four-count charge bordering on receiving a bribe and abuse of office.

He was alleged to have received N1 billion bribe from Bestworth Insurance Brokers, for his role in facilitating the approval of outstanding insurance premiums and claims of deceased and incapacitated staff of the defunct Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN).

The defendants were alleged to have committed the offence, which EFCC stated, was contrary to Section 17(1)(a) of the Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Act, 2000, and punishable under the same act, between Jan. and Feb. 2015, when he was serving as BPE DG.

Dikki told the court that he was informed on Aug. 29, 2016, by an EFCC operative from Zuru that the commission had been looking for him and had gone to arrest his wife and son.

He said this surprised him because he did not receive any invitations from the anti-graft agency.

“I agreed to appear at the EFCC office on Sept. 1, 2016. On arrival at the commission, I was taken to the team leader, one Bashir.

“Bashir told me that the commission had finished its investigation and that there was nothing to say, other than to write a statement that I would refund the N1 billion paid into the account of Kebna Studio.

I told him I that cannot make such a commitment and he said I was wasting their time,” he told the court.

He said that in spite of the fact that he told the officer that he could not make such a commitment, the operatives insisted and later took him to the commission’s cell. He added that he was detained in the cell from 6 pm to 7:40 pm.

Dikki said he was neither with his lawyer, Ali Suberu when he was made to write his statements nor advised to get any lawyer before writing the statements.

He further told the court that: “On Sunday, Sept. 4, 2016, Bashir came into the cell and told me that I was the one detaining myself because I was blowing long grammar and that once I commit to refund, I would be released.”

He said for the sake of his freedom, he made arrangements for a N50 million payment to be made to EFCC, adding that the money came late on Monday, Sept. 5, 2016, and it was after that that he was released the following day.

Under cross-examination by EFCC counsel Chris Mshellia, Dikki told the court that he was not arrested by the EFCC.

According to him, he wrote statements after being cautioned that anything he wrote would be used against him in court.

“I had no option but to write the statements. The operatives tried to dictate what I should write in my statement. I was harassed and tortured, psychologically by the operatives,” he said.

After his testimony, Justice Halilu adjourned until Jan. 16, 2024, for adoption of processes in the trial-within-trial.

https://.ng/2023/11/15/efcc-operatives-forced-me-to-agree-to-refund-n1bn-ex-bpe-dg-dikki/

Re: EFCC Operatives Forced Me To Agree To Refund N1 Billion – Ex-BPE DG, Dikki by Ahmed0336(m): 6:56am On Nov 15, 2023
EFCC is suppose to be filled with people with integrity and professionalism should be their topmost priority.
But with what I am reading, I'm speechless.

20 Likes

Re: EFCC Operatives Forced Me To Agree To Refund N1 Billion – Ex-BPE DG, Dikki by NaijaCover(m): 7:05am On Nov 15, 2023
Hmmmmmm
Re: EFCC Operatives Forced Me To Agree To Refund N1 Billion – Ex-BPE DG, Dikki by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:05am On Nov 15, 2023
“I had no option but to write the statements.
The operatives tried to dictate what I should write in my statement
......and you actually promised to refund the ONE BILLION NAIRA?!

Well, the truth will prevail........soon.

We Rise.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: EFCC Operatives Forced Me To Agree To Refund N1 Billion – Ex-BPE DG, Dikki by Klington: 7:06am On Nov 15, 2023
Efcc became a complete joke after Obasanjo's govt.

8 Likes

Re: EFCC Operatives Forced Me To Agree To Refund N1 Billion – Ex-BPE DG, Dikki by Padipadi(m): 7:06am On Nov 15, 2023
Release the money jor!
Thief clapping back!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Operatives Forced Me To Agree To Refund N1 Billion – Ex-BPE DG, Dikki by Chigozie321: 7:07am On Nov 15, 2023
shocked
Re: EFCC Operatives Forced Me To Agree To Refund N1 Billion – Ex-BPE DG, Dikki by Guyluminium: 7:08am On Nov 15, 2023
Nigerian Politicians have take to the habit of looking innocent even when Their corruption is obvious to the world..

I make Aluminium frame for glass windows, glass doors, show glass.
just anything that deals with aluminium.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Operatives Forced Me To Agree To Refund N1 Billion – Ex-BPE DG, Dikki by tballeyy(m): 7:09am On Nov 15, 2023
Ole..barawo..oyunshi..3 in 1

1 Like

Re: EFCC Operatives Forced Me To Agree To Refund N1 Billion – Ex-BPE DG, Dikki by ATEAMS: 7:10am On Nov 15, 2023
Haha
Re: EFCC Operatives Forced Me To Agree To Refund N1 Billion – Ex-BPE DG, Dikki by Kobicove(m): 7:12am On Nov 15, 2023
If truly you obtained up to that amount through illegal means then you should refund it undecided

7 Likes

Re: EFCC Operatives Forced Me To Agree To Refund N1 Billion – Ex-BPE DG, Dikki by DJInfluence: 7:12am On Nov 15, 2023
post=126975217:

We Rise.
Guy you've not been in detention and let's pray it remains that way. Because you will even promise to donate your full village for freedom.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Operatives Forced Me To Agree To Refund N1 Billion – Ex-BPE DG, Dikki by Godsongang: 7:12am On Nov 15, 2023
Na today u just know say efcc dey corrupt and have no integrity or shame... awon set weerey
Re: EFCC Operatives Forced Me To Agree To Refund N1 Billion – Ex-BPE DG, Dikki by otunbakolawole(m): 7:13am On Nov 15, 2023
How can you be speechless? This is Nigeria. Nothing should make you speechless
Ahmed0336:
EFCC is suppose to be filled with people with integrity and professionalism should be their topmost priority.
Re: EFCC Operatives Forced Me To Agree To Refund N1 Billion – Ex-BPE DG, Dikki by ppogba: 7:15am On Nov 15, 2023
You cannot give what you do not have.
EFCC knows you have it. So,.give it.

Giving 1 billion out of several billions is not too much.

You are a civil servant for God's sake.

6 Likes

Re: EFCC Operatives Forced Me To Agree To Refund N1 Billion – Ex-BPE DG, Dikki by stano2(m): 7:16am On Nov 15, 2023
ppogba:
You cannot give what you do not have.
EFCC knows you have it. So,.give it.

Giving 1 billion out of several billions is not too much.

You are a civil servant for God's sake.
Does this look okay to you, what facts do you have that he has several billions.
Did you even read the write up?
Is that how the Efcc supposed to carry out their work?
Re: EFCC Operatives Forced Me To Agree To Refund N1 Billion – Ex-BPE DG, Dikki by StreetFight: 7:18am On Nov 15, 2023
You go soon know, Oloriburuku Oloshi somebody.

The flat headed developer NLC President Ajero will not see this case. PHCN retired staff who are being dumped are the primary constituency of the useless Ajero because he was President of PHCN Union. I have known him since his days at PHCN. His retired employees were being duped when he was their leader in 2016, but he was not concerned then, and he is still not concerned now. His interest is in winning Imo governorship for his selfish pocket, but we have humiliated his forefathers

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Operatives Forced Me To Agree To Refund N1 Billion – Ex-BPE DG, Dikki by Safeday: 7:20am On Nov 15, 2023
“Bashir told me that the commission had finished its investigation and that there was nothing to say, other than to write a statement that I would refund the N1 billion paid into the account of Kebna Studio.

Why was 1billion Naira paid into his company’s account ? For what? A mere ”Studio and Communications Limited”

I just checked, the “company” doesn’t even have a website!
And he still has the effrontery of accusing EFCC of forcing him to refund the money he embezzled!

This country is just so long gone!

I won’t be surprised if he bribes the court with 50million out of the 1billion and boom, he’s a free man.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Operatives Forced Me To Agree To Refund N1 Billion – Ex-BPE DG, Dikki by Naijanascam: 7:24am On Nov 15, 2023
And what are you trying to say now?.... that you are not releasing any money or what......... thief without mercy

4 Likes

Re: EFCC Operatives Forced Me To Agree To Refund N1 Billion – Ex-BPE DG, Dikki by adecz: 7:28am On Nov 15, 2023
Mere looking at his eyes, it's clear
him chop that bribe ... 😁
Re: EFCC Operatives Forced Me To Agree To Refund N1 Billion – Ex-BPE DG, Dikki by Safeday: 7:30am On Nov 15, 2023
stano2:
Does this look okay to you, what facts do you have that he has several billions.
Did you even read the write up?
Is that how the Efcc supposed to carry out their work?

Did you read the article?

EFCC was simply asking for the 1billion that was paid into the account of a company he owns!
A freaking studio and communications limited

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Operatives Forced Me To Agree To Refund N1 Billion – Ex-BPE DG, Dikki by jojothaiv(m): 7:33am On Nov 15, 2023
otunbakolawole:
How can you be speechless? This is Nigeria. Nothing should make you speechless
Finally, someone who knows what's up...

Nigeria is not surprising anymore.
Re: EFCC Operatives Forced Me To Agree To Refund N1 Billion – Ex-BPE DG, Dikki by Wallade(m): 7:45am On Nov 15, 2023
Ahmed0336:

There is nothing unprofessional in what EFCC has done. They must have confirmed the receipt of the 1billion naira into the account and engaged the staff of the company and ascertained that they could not support the payment with any contract document and contract execution.

The court process will take time and consume resources of the commission so they found a legal way to have the accused surrender the dirty money that he got fraudulently.

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Operatives Forced Me To Agree To Refund N1 Billion – Ex-BPE DG, Dikki by adesegun121(m): 7:48am On Nov 15, 2023
Ok
Re: EFCC Operatives Forced Me To Agree To Refund N1 Billion – Ex-BPE DG, Dikki by Judolisco(m): 7:55am On Nov 15, 2023
Shey na 50 Milla u pay last last na
Re: EFCC Operatives Forced Me To Agree To Refund N1 Billion – Ex-BPE DG, Dikki by CJStarz: 7:56am On Nov 15, 2023
Under duress! Nigerian security forces never deal with you,my brother. Dem fit make u swear say na you give Rihanna belle

post=126975217:

We Rise.
Re: EFCC Operatives Forced Me To Agree To Refund N1 Billion – Ex-BPE DG, Dikki by erniok(m): 8:00am On Nov 15, 2023
DJInfluence:
Guy you've not been in detention and let's pray it remains that way. Because you will even promise to donate your full village for freedom.
EFCC detention is different from police detention because they won't torture you. Only your freedom gets taken away.
So if you are arrested and asked to refund 1B that you neither stole nor have, you will agree back? A clear conscience fears no accusation. Worse case scenario, his lawyer goes to court to insist EFCC arraigns him.

This story na for the gods.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Port Harcourt Refinery Undergoing Test-Run, Production To Begin Soon - Lokpobiri / Pat Utomi On Utomi And Volkswagen Of Nigeria / Oputa Panel: The Tale Of A Neglected Supposed Remedy For Injustices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.