Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,658 members, 7,816,686 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

Cane Rat Caught With Trap - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cane Rat Caught With Trap (59594 Views)

Huge Antelope My Brother Caught With Trap (PHOTOS) / Snake And Cane Rat For Dinner (Photos) / Live Female Antelope Caught With Trap, To Be Sold For N5000 (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cane Rat Caught With Trap by samwillyco1(m): 9:09pm On Nov 15, 2023
Rabbit ( ewu nta )
Re: Cane Rat Caught With Trap by ObiaboAdoka(m): 9:12pm On Nov 15, 2023
osuolale95:

I’m not permitted to eat this…

We gave it out
Are u from Nnewi?
Re: Cane Rat Caught With Trap by Chochovini: 9:13pm On Nov 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I am not concerned about your not eating it yourselves. It is just that you are handing a potential relative of yours out for others to eat though. undecided
. Lolssss.... Chai, u are wicked fa. This your comment ehn?
Re: Cane Rat Caught With Trap by Colson(m): 9:14pm On Nov 15, 2023
ObiaboAdoka:

Are u from Nnewi?
You see say him moniker na Yoruba name you still dey ask Jamb question. No let me calll you something this night angry
Re: Cane Rat Caught With Trap by VEHINTOLAR: 9:15pm On Nov 15, 2023
Olumighty123:

I tell you, he's ever going to regret spitting that sh!!.

Olumighty,that guy fvcked up big time ! It's hard to believe anyone could talk so carelessly about himself like that ! You won't believe it,that guy is an old man o ! It's shameful !

1 Like

Re: Cane Rat Caught With Trap by Chochovini: 9:17pm On Nov 15, 2023
Bluffly:
Also know as grass cutter
. For your village ba?
Re: Cane Rat Caught With Trap by Jamieb(m): 9:19pm On Nov 15, 2023
osuolale95:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U667nCoGCYM

So there are lots of giant rats terrorizing our chickens and food store.

Last night, we set trap for them. Unfortunately, this one happens to fall in trap.

One baba has took it for processing, he said it’s a good meat for amala.
This is called pouch rat ( okete) and not cane rat ( okuru)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cane Rat Caught With Trap by Bluffly: 9:19pm On Nov 15, 2023
Chochovini:
. For your village ba?
No, your village. Mumu

Re: Cane Rat Caught With Trap by Kobojunkie: 9:24pm On Nov 15, 2023
illicit:
■ I see u edited ur post. No p sha. It's a tradition, some people eat lizards, I don't but I won't stop u from eating it
The issue was not on what you eat but what you give others to eat. undecided
Re: Cane Rat Caught With Trap by Bluffly: 9:26pm On Nov 15, 2023
Usmanovic95:

This is not grasscutter please. Below is a picture of the real giant cane rat (grasscutter).
Read further
Re: Cane Rat Caught With Trap by Kobojunkie: 9:27pm On Nov 15, 2023
Bluffly:
No, your village. Mumu
Compare the nose for crying out loud... what you posted looks nothing like what OP posted. undecided

Re: Cane Rat Caught With Trap by Olumighty123(m): 9:29pm On Nov 15, 2023
VEHINTOLAR:

Olumighty,that guy fvcked up big time ! It's hard to believe anyone could talk so carelessly about himself like that ! You won't believe it,that guy is an old man o ! It's shameful !

Him shame dey shame me, seeing how low he's brought his family lineage, see as dem dey ridicule him culture/custom as a whole.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cane Rat Caught With Trap by Chochovini: 9:30pm On Nov 15, 2023
Bluffly:

No, your village. Mumu
. Why the insult if I may ask?
Now if you called me mumu which mean a fool, what then should I call you who saw a poche/giant Rat and called it a Grasscutter?
Use you tongue to count your teeth.
Re: Cane Rat Caught With Trap by Kobojunkie: 9:30pm On Nov 15, 2023
Olumighty123:
■ Him shame dey shame me, seeing how low he's brought his family lineage, see as dem dey ridicule him culture/custom as a whole.
I didn't ridicule his family lineage or ancestry. He is free to believe as he chooses same as I am. It is actually out of respect for his lineage that I asked him the follow-up question since I expected that he would be protective of such animals. undecided

1 Like

Re: Cane Rat Caught With Trap by Olumighty123(m): 9:32pm On Nov 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I didn't ridicule his family lineage or ancestry. It is actually out of respect for it that I asked him why he would offer the animal out to others in the manner that he did. undecided

It's not about you👍

1 Like

Re: Cane Rat Caught With Trap by illicit(m): 9:32pm On Nov 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
The issue was not on what you eat but what you give others to eat. undecided

It's not poison

It's cultural, obviously the others don't have the same culture

1 Like

Re: Cane Rat Caught With Trap by Usmanovic95(m): 9:34pm On Nov 15, 2023
Bluffly:

Read further

Read what further? I posted a picture of my grasscutter just to educate you and spot the difference between a pouch rat and a cane rat,you are still telling me to read further. I tire for you o
Re: Cane Rat Caught With Trap by descartes400: 9:34pm On Nov 15, 2023
osuolale95:

I’m not permitted to eat this…

We gave it out

Why gave it out when you could have released it back to the wild?

You no try at all angry
Re: Cane Rat Caught With Trap by Justkatty(f): 9:35pm On Nov 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I am not concerned about your not eating it yourselves. It is just that you are handing a potential relative of yours out for others to eat though. undecided
una Sha dey get mouth o
See me smiling sheepishly on the road

1 Like

Re: Cane Rat Caught With Trap by illicit(m): 9:36pm On Nov 15, 2023
VEHINTOLAR:

How could you talk like this for crying out loud ?! Even if you meant it to be a joke,it was a bad joke,man ! One of your forefathers turned to a rat ? You honestly think that's cool,bro ?! See all sorts of insults and riducules you've now brought on yourself 'cause of your needless urge to shalaye !

It is Ikoyi mythology

They were warriors, they have codes

Among the Ondo town people too, they don't eat this giant rat
It's a myth not a joke

My maternal family dont eat crabs for reasons best known to them
Re: Cane Rat Caught With Trap by Kobojunkie: 9:36pm On Nov 15, 2023
illicit:
■ It's not poison. It's cultural, obviously the others don't have the same culture
It isn't cultural. Rather it is blood we are speaking of here. He says he shares ancestry with someone who was known to take that shape that makes them blood to an extent. undecided
Re: Cane Rat Caught With Trap by Kobojunkie: 9:38pm On Nov 15, 2023
Justkatty:
una Sha dey get mouth o. See me smiling sheepishly on the road
I was just puzzled by his action is all. undecided
Re: Cane Rat Caught With Trap by illicit(m): 9:38pm On Nov 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
It isn't cultural. Rather it is blood we are speaking of here. He says he shares ancestry with someone who was known to take that shape that makes them blood to an extent. undecided

You don't get it

An Ikoyi warrior turned into a giant rat

All Ikoyi descendants made a vow not to kill or consume giant rats

Not his father in particular

2 Likes

Re: Cane Rat Caught With Trap by Kobojunkie: 9:40pm On Nov 15, 2023
illicit:
■ You don't get it. An Ikoyi warrior turned into a giant rat. All Ikoyi descendants made a vow not to kill or consume giant rats. Not his father in particular
Again, if an Ikoyi warrior could turn into a giant rat, doesn't that somehow get you to realize that in his genes(blood) possibly lay the ability to do just that? undecided

OP said it was in his ancestry, so am I supposed to doubt OP? Abeg, go argue your case with OP. undecided
Re: Cane Rat Caught With Trap by Justkatty(f): 9:41pm On Nov 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
cheesy
Re: Cane Rat Caught With Trap by illicit(m): 9:41pm On Nov 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:

No ikoyi person or ondo town person will intentionally eat a pouched rat

It's a taboo, cultural
Re: Cane Rat Caught With Trap by Kobojunkie: 9:42pm On Nov 15, 2023
illicit:
■ No ikoyi person or ondo town person will intentionally eat a pouched rat. It's a taboo, cultural
GO back and read OP's claim. It is in his ancestry and that is the version I go with. undecided
Re: Cane Rat Caught With Trap by illicit(m): 9:42pm On Nov 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Again, if an Ikoyi warrior could turn into a giant rat, doesn't that somehow get you to realize that in his genes(blood) possibly lay the ability to do just that? undecided

OP said it was in his ancestry, so am I supposed to doubt OP? Abeg, go argue your case with OP. undecided

Ikoyi people don't eat giant rats, that's all

Ondo town people too

They don't care if you will eat it

They are not extremists
Re: Cane Rat Caught With Trap by illicit(m): 9:43pm On Nov 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
GO back and read OP's claim. It is in his ancestry and that is the version I go with. undecided

So u make ur own culture or u were born into it
Re: Cane Rat Caught With Trap by Kobojunkie: 9:44pm On Nov 15, 2023
illicit:
■ Ikoyi people don't eat giant rats, that's all. Ondo town people too. They don't care if you will eat it. They are not extremists.
Again, go argue your case with OP. I don't know the Ikoyi people nor do I care about their traditions. I only know what OP told of his ancestry. undecided
Re: Cane Rat Caught With Trap by Kobojunkie: 9:44pm On Nov 15, 2023
illicit:
■ So u make ur own culture or u were born into it
I made my own. I reject every idea that I was not first consulted on nor voluntarily subscribe to. undecided
Re: Cane Rat Caught With Trap by illicit(m): 9:45pm On Nov 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Again, go argue your case with OP. I don't know the Ikoyi people nor do I care about their traditions. I only know what OP told of his ancestry. undecided

Yeah so why talking about people u know nothing about?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

20 Wonder-working Kitchen Tricks You Never Knew! / How Many Plates Would You Eat In This Situation? (pic) / Pictures Of The Massive Python My Dad Caught

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.