Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,257 members, 7,818,880 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

Ewerechukwu Asaka Clinches The 2024 Rhodes Scholarship For West Africa - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ewerechukwu Asaka Clinches The 2024 Rhodes Scholarship For West Africa (11740 Views)

Obaseki Congratulates Edo-born Ewerechukwu For Bagging 2024 Rhodes Scholarships / Ewerechukwu Favour Graduates With 5.0 CGPA From Covenant University / Toluwalase Awoyemi Wins N72 Million 2018 Rhodes Scholarship (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ewerechukwu Asaka Clinches The 2024 Rhodes Scholarship For West Africa by Gerrard59(m): 7:08am On Nov 16, 2023
OfeAchi:
Congratulations babe.
But here is a spoiler....

What if you schooled in Uniben Computer science, would you have graduated with a 5.0 CGPA?

Two or three people have graduated with the same CGPA from Unilag - Molecular Biology and Psychology. LASU had one in Law.

Nothing like a spoiler.

1 Like

Re: Ewerechukwu Asaka Clinches The 2024 Rhodes Scholarship For West Africa by Gerrard59(m): 7:11am On Nov 16, 2023
DamnnNiggarr:

you're right, Ewerechukwu is not ibo, but Ewerechukwu is Igbo ... or is it a Yoruba or Fulani name?

Mind you that Sunday Okechukwu Oliseh was an Igbo man, brother to Ifeajuna and Major Kaduna Chukwuma Nzeogwu, all from Delta State, whom you always tag his coup d'etat as Igbo coup.

When it's about time for punishment, delta state is Igbo, but when it's about recognition of excellence, Delta State and River State are not Igbo.

Never take such miscreants to be serious. They are useless, effortlessly doomed for life. Trust me, suffer don nack their head tire.
Re: Ewerechukwu Asaka Clinches The 2024 Rhodes Scholarship For West Africa by Ekalerdehan: 7:12am On Nov 16, 2023
Inkling:
Enwerenchukwu is not Edo name. May be Edo is her state of residence or her mum gave the name.

All that matter now is that she's making us proud.

Ride on good gal, sky is the starting point

Igbanke people are Igbos that are from Edo
Re: Ewerechukwu Asaka Clinches The 2024 Rhodes Scholarship For West Africa by Gerrard59(m): 7:15am On Nov 16, 2023
ariesbull:
we have Igbo in three zones ...the middle belts (10%) Niger Delta (50%) South East (97%)

The issue with dishing out numbers like the bold be say there could be no evidence to support the claim. Do you have evidence to support the numbers there?

1 Like

Re: Ewerechukwu Asaka Clinches The 2024 Rhodes Scholarship For West Africa by CSTRR: 7:31am On Nov 16, 2023
OfeAchi:
Congratulations babe.
But here is a spoiler....

What if you schooled in Uniben Computer science, would you have graduated with a 5.0 CGPA?
Impossible.

But then who knows her intelligence level.?
Some intelligence levels breaks barriers.

When I was in Uniben, there was a guy that almost graduated with a 5.0 in Electrical Engineering.

He had a photographic memory, and was unstoppable.
Consistent 5.0 grades from 100 level till 400 level.

They just had to remove 0.04 from his CGPA by any means possible.
Re: Ewerechukwu Asaka Clinches The 2024 Rhodes Scholarship For West Africa by CSTRR: 7:32am On Nov 16, 2023
Ekalerdehan:

Igbanke people are Igbos that are from Edo
She is from Ikaland, where I come from.

One military madman carved out Ika land in delta State and put inside Edo state.
Re: Ewerechukwu Asaka Clinches The 2024 Rhodes Scholarship For West Africa by Ekalerdehan: 7:34am On Nov 16, 2023
CSTRR:

She is from Ikaland, where I come from.

One military madman carved out Ika land in delta State and put inside Edo state.

Ikas are Igbos just like how I am an Umu Nri Igbo Man
Re: Ewerechukwu Asaka Clinches The 2024 Rhodes Scholarship For West Africa by Manna4Gurls: 10:56am On Nov 16, 2023
Just as they are Igbo indigenous people pushed to Kogi State, Benue, Cross River, Rivers, Akwa Ibom, etc, there are Igbo tribe too in Edo State.
Re: Ewerechukwu Asaka Clinches The 2024 Rhodes Scholarship For West Africa by vickydevoka(m): 12:13pm On Nov 16, 2023
Abagworo:

Isioma is more common in Orlu Imo State than Delta and Igbanke. The Ewerechukwu is an Edo girl but obviously Igbo in ethnicity going by her name.
Wow!! My sister in-law name is isioma from delta Igbo. Imo people de answer all name. My saw name imo people self de answer am
Re: Ewerechukwu Asaka Clinches The 2024 Rhodes Scholarship For West Africa by Myer(m): 8:01pm On Nov 16, 2023
ndlife:
All hail umu Chineke
This is the real definition of spec.
I pray that that which destroys women with great potentials will never locate her and she will fulfill her God-given dreams and purposes in Jesus name. Amen
Re: Ewerechukwu Asaka Clinches The 2024 Rhodes Scholarship For West Africa by ariesbull: 10:23pm On Nov 16, 2023
Gerrard59:

The issue with dishing out numbers like the bold be say there could be no evidence to support the claim. Do you have evidence to support the numbers there?
why don't you ask your parents for explaining
Re: Ewerechukwu Asaka Clinches The 2024 Rhodes Scholarship For West Africa by Gerrard59(m): 10:50pm On Nov 16, 2023

1 Like

Re: Ewerechukwu Asaka Clinches The 2024 Rhodes Scholarship For West Africa by Gerrard59(m): 10:53pm On Nov 16, 2023
CSTRR:

Impossible.

But then who knows her intelligence level.?
Some intelligence levels breaks barriers.

When I was in Uniben, there was a guy that almost graduated with a 5.0 in Electrical Engineering.

He had a photographic memory, and was unstoppable.
Consistent 5.0 grades from 100 level till 400 level.

They just had to remove 0.04 from his CGPA by any means possible.

Maybe that is why Uniben is not better than CU or Unilag or even LASU if they had to reduce brilliant students' CGPA. I know someone from the same Uniben who had 4.96 in Plant Biotechnology and is currently undergoing his PhD in the US. His feat actually graced the front page. Could you mention the name of the Elect/Elect guy who almost had 5.0?

1 Like

Re: Ewerechukwu Asaka Clinches The 2024 Rhodes Scholarship For West Africa by CSTRR: 11:14pm On Nov 16, 2023
Gerrard59:

Maybe that is why Uniben is not better than CU or Unilag or even LASU if they had to reduce brilliant students' CGPA. I know someone from the same Uniben who had 4.96 in Plant Biotechnology and is currently undergoing his PhD in the US. His feat actually graced the front page. Could you mention the name of the Elect/Elect guy who almost had 5.0?
Honestly, I have forgotten his name.

Almost 8yrs ago.

But the guy was popular then in faculty of engineering.
Re: Ewerechukwu Asaka Clinches The 2024 Rhodes Scholarship For West Africa by ariesbull: 12:04am On Nov 17, 2023
Gerrard59:

That is actually a good question, which I would answer.

My parents spent good time and money in order for me to obtain a good education, both at home and abroad. The interesting thing about it is that I attended a public university and a fairly OK private secondary school. In fact, at a point, I attended a secondary school notorious for poor teaching, but I still learnt the necessary educational information and later left.

Throughout my learning experience as an adolescent and now as an adult, I was taught that one should not categorically mention figures without providing evidence to support that statement, as doing so makes the figure fake since it has no source. This is why I asked if you have the source to support your claim, nothing else. I am Igbo, so I am interested in the actual population figures of Igbos. So when I saw that statement, I got interested to know if there is a source for it because should I use the same figure when speaking to a broader audience, I will be asked "Where did you get the information from?"

So, Mr Ariesbull, maybe I should ask, what better way could your parents spend their money? Sending you to school where you learnt nothing? Or using their hard-earned resources to raise goats, pigs and chickens for daily consumption by Nigerians?

What do you think?

I said ask your parents ...that's not an insult yet you wrote a thesis

Are you really sure you are that educated ...when you are referred to ask someone for clarification...you wrote your autobiography! As if some of us give a damn

Simple....Ask your parents!
Re: Ewerechukwu Asaka Clinches The 2024 Rhodes Scholarship For West Africa by Edruezzi: 2:35pm On Nov 17, 2023
I beg, Edo de for Biafra 2?
Re: Ewerechukwu Asaka Clinches The 2024 Rhodes Scholarship For West Africa by whitejs: 6:50pm On Nov 17, 2023
ariesbull:
we have Igbo in three zones ...the middle belts (10%) Niger Delta (50%) South East (97%)

Niger Delta 50% ?

Some people can lie 🤥
Re: Ewerechukwu Asaka Clinches The 2024 Rhodes Scholarship For West Africa by ariesbull: 6:22am On Nov 18, 2023
whitejs:

Niger Delta 50% ?

Some people can lie 🤥

Akwa Ibom 10%
Cross River 10% (Itigidi axis)
Delta 35% (Delta North )
Rivers 70% ( all the rivers governors are Igbo speaking )
Edo 05% (Igbanke axis )
Bayelsa 8%
Re: Ewerechukwu Asaka Clinches The 2024 Rhodes Scholarship For West Africa by Sizwezi: 5:29pm On Nov 18, 2023
Abagworo:

Isioma is more common in Orlu Imo State than Delta and Igbanke. The Ewerechukwu is an Edo girl but obviously Igbo in ethnicity going by her name.

You cap too much. Saying Isioma is more common in Orlu than Delta is like saying Oluchi is more common in Delta than Orlu. Like saying Okwudili is more common in Abia than in Anambra. You are using Facebook pages as yardstick. Go and sit down.
Re: Ewerechukwu Asaka Clinches The 2024 Rhodes Scholarship For West Africa by whitejs: 12:43pm On Nov 19, 2023
ariesbull:

Akwa Ibom 10%
Cross River 10% (Itigidi axis)
Delta 35% (Delta North )
Rivers 70% ( all the rivers governors are Igbo speaking )
Edo 05% (Igbanke axis )
Bayelsa 8%

Sources of the %s

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Principal's comments On SS1 Female Student Exam Report Got People Talking (pics) / Nestle SIWES/IT / UNILAG Convocation: Falola Advocates Study Of Ifa, Witchcraft In Universities

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.