Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,990 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

Even "Angels" Will Fall - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Even "Angels" Will Fall (1236 Views)

Poll: Do you find this advert offensive

Yes: 0% (0 votes)
No: 66% (2 votes)
Reserve my comment: 0% (0 votes)
Tsk! Shake my head: 33% (1 vote)
I can't make up my mind: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

God And His Angels. / How Christians Can Put Their Angels To Work / Tribute To The Slain Christians In Northern Nigeria - Radical Islam Will Fall (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Even "Angels" Will Fall by Daiquiri: 8:52pm On Oct 27, 2011
Do you find this advert for Axe offensive?

If No, why?

If Yes, why?

It has been banned in South Africa after regulators ruled it could offend Christians

It however had been shown in Britain, featuring angels falling from heaven after they are attracted by a man's deodorant

The 60-second advert depicts a group of provocatively-dressed young female angels descending to earth in what appears to be an Italian town.

Shocked locals then watch in amazement as the haloed women walk towards a young man who is preparing to ride his moped

A final scene shows the women smashing their haloes on the floor as they advance towards the man, whom the viewers are informed is wearing Axe deodorant.

A pay-off line at the end of the advert reads: 'Even angels will fall.'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2DQ5VfRMV4

Dont you just enjoy the liberty of anonymity when doing the poll

[flash=560,315]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2DQ5VfRMV4?version=3&hl=en_GB[/flash]
Re: Even "Angels" Will Fall by Natasha2(f): 9:09pm On Oct 27, 2011
I think its interesting actually, I love it
Re: Even "Angels" Will Fall by Daiquiri: 10:20pm On Oct 27, 2011
Natasha,,:

I think its interesting actually, I love it

@Natasha

I loved the creativity.

Some of my highlights are the parts where the Mercedes Benz taxi driver guy ran up and muttered "Mama Mia!"

and the guy at the phone booth looking stunned with his jaw dropping
Re: Even "Angels" Will Fall by Nobody: 10:55pm On Oct 27, 2011
Not surprised they are falling from heaven , thats about right, Satan and his gang kicked out for good ! cheesy
Re: Even "Angels" Will Fall by Daiquiri: 8:43am On Oct 28, 2011
The advert actually became subject to a probe by the South Africa's Advertising Standards Authority following a complaint from a Christian viewer

In it's ruling, when banning the advert, the authority said the depiction of angels losing their devout status was likely to upset Christians
Re: Even "Angels" Will Fall by Daiquiri: 8:26pm On Oct 28, 2011
The Christian male complainant told regulators he was angered by the suggestion that God's messengers could literally fall for a man on the basis of his shop-bought fragrance.

(1) (Reply)

Islamic Monotheism Vs. Christian (trinitarian) Polytheism / I Need Answers From Christians , Muslin's And New Age Religion / MFM Rewards 77 First Class Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.