Stats: 3,151,057 members, 7,810,950 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:14 PM

4 Weeks After Kano Mass Wedding, Bride Yet To Move To Groom’s House - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 4 Weeks After Kano Mass Wedding, Bride Yet To Move To Groom’s House (22349 Views)

Young Lady Mourns Her Husband Who Died Two Weeks After Their Wedding (Video) / Nigerian Woman Dies Six Weeks After Her Wedding (photos) / My Wife Changed 2 Weeks After Wedding!! (2) (3) (4)

4 Weeks After Kano Mass Wedding, Bride Yet To Move To Groom’s House by Islie: 8:03am On Nov 16, 2023
Four weeks after the Kano State mass wedding, a bride is yet to move to her matrimonial home.

Findings by City & Crime revealed that the couple had a long-time relationship before the marriage was finally knotted last month.

It was learnt that the relationship got sour when the bride’s parents insisted that the groom must provide kayan lefe (a suitcase given to a wife during the wedding) for their daughter.

The groom, Ibrahim Umar, told our correspondent that, “Her parents told me that if I did not provide the kayan lefe she would not move to my house. And I know this kayan lefe was excluded in the mass wedding scheme.”

Ibrahim further accused his in-laws of directing him to divorce their daughter.

He said, “Since they insist on their mission and even persuaded their daughter on that, I will only divorce her when they pay me back some gifts I offered to their daughter.

‘’They must pay me back my N150,000, which I gave as kudin zance, N17,000 for rice and another N65,000 which I gave her to do make up during the wedding.’’

Effort by City & Crime to reach the wife, Ummulkhair Salisu, proved abortive.

The bride’s father, Malam Salisu, declined to comment on the issue, directing our reporter to go and meet Hisbah officials.

When contacted, the Director General of the Kano State Hisbah Board, Dr Abba Saidu Sufi, said, “We are aware of the issue, but I can tell you that there is no iota of truth in what the groom is accusing the bride’s parents of, but we are doing all what we could to solve the issue amicably.’’

The Kano state government had on October 13 married off 1800 couples in the state under its mass wedding scheme which the government said it was aimed at assisting those that could not afford to marry off their daughters as well as curtailing the sexual abuse among the people of the state.

https://dailytrust.com/4-weeks-after-kano-mass-wedding-bride-yet-to-move-to-groom-s-house/

Re: 4 Weeks After Kano Mass Wedding, Bride Yet To Move To Groom’s House by thesicilian: 8:06am On Nov 16, 2023
Tradition is tradition sha, but when situations get to the stage of participating in a mass wedding, I don't think either the bride or groom and their families can afford to be picky.
Besides I doubt if a union that is already being threatened by a 'simple suitcase' had a strong foundation in the first place.

66 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 4 Weeks After Kano Mass Wedding, Bride Yet To Move To Groom’s House by Aonkuuse(m): 8:06am On Nov 16, 2023
Bro buy briefcase nah..... But the way parents are going about this marriage thing is annoying shall, that is how some parents lost their voice when their daughter is maltreated in her husband's house because they so collect enough from their son-in-law. I think all these bride price should be abolished so both families can have 50-50 say in marriages.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 4 Weeks After Kano Mass Wedding, Bride Yet To Move To Groom’s House by ayterajah(m): 8:09am On Nov 16, 2023
All this aboki self.... Wahala too much

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 4 Weeks After Kano Mass Wedding, Bride Yet To Move To Groom’s House by Padipadi(m): 8:30am On Nov 16, 2023
They are trying to normalize their decayed system.
Why arrange marriage for people that aren't financially capable of feeding themselves not to talk of raising kids? I m talking about those mass wedding they usually do in Kano. You can see that those guys have become so old in poverty they v no biz with marriage cos their system has disenfranchised them and some v lived their lives recklessly. You can see clear poverty in the eyes of the grom and bride. I dey see them for NTA.
Why use a religious that has fault to package your culture?
A religion that believes in child marriage, putting children under clerics to learn arabic when such child can be in formal school to learn that same arabic, maths, commerce, art and science?
The north is a shameless region destined for more woes if they don't get positive reforms.
They ll collect tax on alcoholic drinks and still go and destroy them. Isn't that thiefrry?
They banned prostitution but there are still coded prostitute den, gay clubs, alcoholic drinks selling bars for their elites? What a balablue hypocritic society!
Their rich ll keep milking the poor's breast dry.

In Addendum:
Some gworo chewing burnt teeth northern handle are quoting me and not seeing to the rot and correction of their region.
It seems the truth is bitter. But you all v to drink the bitter truth water. Fix your homes.
Na one unhappy bride do this wey we still dey reason, she burnt her husband house. Product of arranged marriage: https://dailypost.ng/2023/11/15/woman-set-husbands-house-on-fire-for-refusing-to-divorce-her/

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 4 Weeks After Kano Mass Wedding, Bride Yet To Move To Groom’s House by liminna(m): 8:32am On Nov 16, 2023
Horse before the cart. Focus on jobs don't breed children into poverty that you can't wait to marry off, to continue the cycle

17 Likes

Re: 4 Weeks After Kano Mass Wedding, Bride Yet To Move To Groom’s House by Treasure17(m): 8:44am On Nov 16, 2023
Most of our politicians think backward.

Re: 4 Weeks After Kano Mass Wedding, Bride Yet To Move To Groom’s House by ruggedboych: 8:45am On Nov 16, 2023
because it was a forced arranged marriage nah cheesy grin
Re: 4 Weeks After Kano Mass Wedding, Bride Yet To Move To Groom’s House by adesegun121(m): 9:04am On Nov 16, 2023
Re: 4 Weeks After Kano Mass Wedding, Bride Yet To Move To Groom’s House by Fatbam005: 9:04am On Nov 16, 2023
Third-world countries will never seize to amaze us. The o5her time it was merciless flogging to determine who is capable to get the lady.

Re: 4 Weeks After Kano Mass Wedding, Bride Yet To Move To Groom’s House by kareemkamil(m): 9:04am On Nov 16, 2023
Fake jam Fake
Re: 4 Weeks After Kano Mass Wedding, Bride Yet To Move To Groom’s House by UnnervingNaija: 9:05am On Nov 16, 2023
I don't understand this one, make I no chook mouth

Re: 4 Weeks After Kano Mass Wedding, Bride Yet To Move To Groom’s House by JAPAHTML: 9:05am On Nov 16, 2023
Welcome to Nigeria where we use billions for mass wedding instead of mass empowerment. wow what a first world country

Re: 4 Weeks After Kano Mass Wedding, Bride Yet To Move To Groom’s House by oluwaseyi0: 9:06am On Nov 16, 2023
Nigeria may be a third world country but North is actually a 25th world region

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Weeks After Kano Mass Wedding, Bride Yet To Move To Groom’s House by Hollyharjii: 9:06am On Nov 16, 2023
Is okay
Re: 4 Weeks After Kano Mass Wedding, Bride Yet To Move To Groom’s House by Dexy4yah(m): 9:06am On Nov 16, 2023
Na God know why him create me come this country sha undecided
Re: 4 Weeks After Kano Mass Wedding, Bride Yet To Move To Groom’s House by oluseyiforjesus(m): 9:06am On Nov 16, 2023
And malam have used buratashi... grin

Re: 4 Weeks After Kano Mass Wedding, Bride Yet To Move To Groom’s House by israelmao(m): 9:06am On Nov 16, 2023
Wasteful venture.
Re: 4 Weeks After Kano Mass Wedding, Bride Yet To Move To Groom’s House by TOPCRUISE(m): 9:07am On Nov 16, 2023
Is the Kanyan lefe that scarce.
Or is it located in an evil forest in the midst of wild animals where the groom will have to weaponize himself and do ultimate search to find it.

Re: 4 Weeks After Kano Mass Wedding, Bride Yet To Move To Groom’s House by Factfinder1(m): 9:08am On Nov 16, 2023
You gave people wives and bed to Bleep and create more Almajiris instead of giving them a job and educating them.... North and ancient ways of thinking

23 Likes

Re: 4 Weeks After Kano Mass Wedding, Bride Yet To Move To Groom’s House by Guyman01: 9:08am On Nov 16, 2023
Solidifying poverty, wedding jobless people doesn't help the society, he can't afford a briefcase and next they will start making babies they can't take care of and multiply the number of out of school children which is already the highest in the world

Re: 4 Weeks After Kano Mass Wedding, Bride Yet To Move To Groom’s House by U09ce: 9:08am On Nov 16, 2023
Fff
Re: 4 Weeks After Kano Mass Wedding, Bride Yet To Move To Groom’s House by atobs4real(m): 9:09am On Nov 16, 2023
MAY THEY ARE NOT HAPPY WITH THE WAY THE WEDDING IS CARRIED OUT
Re: 4 Weeks After Kano Mass Wedding, Bride Yet To Move To Groom’s House by atobs4real(m): 9:09am On Nov 16, 2023
MAY THEY ARE NOT HAPPY WITH THE WAY THE WEDDING IS CARRIED OUT OR THEY ARE AFRAID OF SEX
Re: 4 Weeks After Kano Mass Wedding, Bride Yet To Move To Groom’s House by Odogwufunds: 9:10am On Nov 16, 2023
grin ewo
Re: 4 Weeks After Kano Mass Wedding, Bride Yet To Move To Groom’s House by Ensa777(f): 9:11am On Nov 16, 2023
THE BRIDES PARENTS MUST BE PUSHING FOOT.
IF GOVT IS SPONOSORING YOUR CHILDS WEDDING THIS MORNING,HOW WOULD THE G4OOM BE ABLE TO SUPPORT HIS FAMILY.
THE 65K spent on makeup would have bought 2 suitcases sef
Re: 4 Weeks After Kano Mass Wedding, Bride Yet To Move To Groom’s House by Fiscus105(m): 9:11am On Nov 16, 2023
Islie:

https://dailytrust.com/4-weeks-after-kano-mass-wedding-bride-yet-to-move-to-groom-s-house/

U have all these monies, u still joined them for mass weddings.

Meanwhile, since hisbah now know difference" between the couple they are trying to forcefully tie together. Is it not reasonable to separate them for them to go in peace.

Re: 4 Weeks After Kano Mass Wedding, Bride Yet To Move To Groom’s House by dNortherner(m): 9:11am On Nov 16, 2023
Tor mun ji, Allah ya sa.
Re: 4 Weeks After Kano Mass Wedding, Bride Yet To Move To Groom’s House by maasoap(m): 9:13am On Nov 16, 2023
thesicilian:
Tradition is tradition sha, but when situations get to the stage of participating in a mass wedding, I don't think either the bride or groom and their families can afford to be picky.
Besides I doubt if a union that is already being threatened by a 'simple suitcase' had a strong foundation in the first place .
From what I read up there, I think it is the parents dictating to their daughter

Re: 4 Weeks After Kano Mass Wedding, Bride Yet To Move To Groom’s House by Gadafii: 9:14am On Nov 16, 2023
He had all these money to spend and he still opted for mass wedding, abokii people sef

Lagos Housemaid Elopes With Boyfriend, Steals Madam's Money, Underwear / Men That Want Their Women Pregnant Before They Can Marry / The Reason You Should Smile All The Time