Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,810 members, 7,820,835 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:49 PM

Adeleke Suspends Osun Chief Judge Adepele Ojo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adeleke Suspends Osun Chief Judge Adepele Ojo (21104 Views)

NJC Shuns Adeleke, Affirms Adepele Ojo As Osun CJ / Breaking: Governor Adeleke Suspends OSIEC Chairman And Members / Crisis: Adeleke’s Faction Suspends Osun PDP ‘acting Chairman’, Wale Ojo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeleke Suspends Osun Chief Judge Adepele Ojo by Blue3k(m): 9:38pm On Nov 16, 2023
Jking20:
That's s is misleading

I don't think so. It's not clear to me if the Governor has to act on the state assemblies recommendation.
Re: Adeleke Suspends Osun Chief Judge Adepele Ojo by Tareq1105: 9:40pm On Nov 16, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
He can not suspend a Chief Judge. Only NJC can. This was how problem started in some states leading to serious issues. I think Cross Rivers was one of such states.

I expect NJC to react very very soon or immediately to avoid any confusion because that his 'Acting Chief Judge' may not be accepted by NJC. If that man accepts that appointment from Gov Jackson Adeleke, he may even land in trouble with NJC. Check my signature for free stuffs!

This man will set the state on fire by himself.

Adeleke eedi leleyi.

So many decided cases that it's only NJC that can suspend a Chief Judge. There's no controversy on this.
Re: Adeleke Suspends Osun Chief Judge Adepele Ojo by rafcrown(m): 9:55pm On Nov 16, 2023
Adedoyin boys and members at work.
Fear RITUALISTS
Fear secret cult members
Fear enemies of truth
Fear emergency billionaires
Justice for Timothy.4ever

3 Likes

Re: Adeleke Suspends Osun Chief Judge Adepele Ojo by Tozocalamity: 9:57pm On Nov 16, 2023
Nice one. I love principals who use power quite often. Power is meant to be used. Suspend those who repuire to be suspended . Sack those who need to be sacked. Commend those who has done very well. Thats why you are the gorvernor.

2 Likes

Re: Adeleke Suspends Osun Chief Judge Adepele Ojo by Eriokanmi: 10:02pm On Nov 16, 2023
muykem:
Rivers State assembly never suspended chief judge. It is a media rumours.
Indeed
Re: Adeleke Suspends Osun Chief Judge Adepele Ojo by StreetFight: 10:06pm On Nov 16, 2023
Ykc2:
something apc is enjoying since? with nepotism in Tinubu's government all I see is future uncertainties in as much buhari came with nepotism Tinubu is only following his footsteps

I know that mentally unstable people will still mention Tinubu is Ademola Adeleke's foolishness
Re: Adeleke Suspends Osun Chief Judge Adepele Ojo by drololaaof: 10:07pm On Nov 16, 2023
Ykc2:
something apc is enjoying since? with nepotism in Tinubu's government all I see is future uncertainties in as much buhari came with nepotism Tinubu is only following his footsteps
Thank you ,some governors usually go ultra vires
Re: Adeleke Suspends Osun Chief Judge Adepele Ojo by customstreet: 10:09pm On Nov 16, 2023
iCauseTrouble:
i hope this is not related to the Timothy Adegoke and Rahmon Adedoyin's case

The same thought here too
Re: Adeleke Suspends Osun Chief Judge Adepele Ojo by foleskay(m): 10:17pm On Nov 16, 2023
I think this is d same woman that had issues with aregbe then
Re: Adeleke Suspends Osun Chief Judge Adepele Ojo by Kukutente23: 10:18pm On Nov 16, 2023
Tareq1105:

This man will set the state on fire by himself.

Adeleke eedi leleyi.

So many decided cases that it's only NJC that can suspend a Chief Judge. There's no controversy on this.
Explain how Buhari suspended Onnoghen CJN

2 Likes

Re: Adeleke Suspends Osun Chief Judge Adepele Ojo by cutedharmee: 10:21pm On Nov 16, 2023
I'm actually not surprised. All this our politicians are bunch of ritualist. I expected such since they started threatening the woman on Adedoyin's murder case where a student of Olabisi Onabanjo University was killed in his hotel and dumped in a bush. As dem no fit silence Oriyomi Hamzat, they kukuma went through Mama Adepele Ojo for saying the truth. Una mind no go reach ground #in zinolesky voice#

2 Likes

Re: Adeleke Suspends Osun Chief Judge Adepele Ojo by mastermaestro(m): 10:25pm On Nov 16, 2023
firearcher:
Hmm. Is this constitutional and legal? What happens to separation of power?

Separation of power where? We have only one arm of government in Nigeria nau. Just the executive masters. grin
Re: Adeleke Suspends Osun Chief Judge Adepele Ojo by gabbasin: 10:27pm On Nov 16, 2023
I can bet this issue won't cone up for discussion on Arise TV tomorrow, but imagine if it's an APC governor that did this, it will be the issue of the day on all their news platforms from morning till night.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeleke Suspends Osun Chief Judge Adepele Ojo by yemex04(m): 10:33pm On Nov 16, 2023
iCauseTrouble:

My suspicion exactly. It was reported at a time that the man Adedoyin has serious connection with Adeleke & co.. in fact it was rumored that she would be sacked.
Re: Adeleke Suspends Osun Chief Judge Adepele Ojo by NwaliE01: 10:40pm On Nov 16, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
He can not suspend a Chief Judge. Only NJC can. This was how problem started in some states leading to serious issues. I think Cross Rivers was one of such states.

I expect NJC to react very very soon or immediately to avoid any confusion because that his 'Acting Chief Judge' may not be accepted by NJC. If that man accepts that appointment from Gov Jackson Adeleke, he may even land in trouble with NJC. Check my signature for free stuffs!
You're absolutely right. I don't know why the executive government cannot maintain their lane. They don't know that other arms of the government have autonomy as much as they do.. The executives want to be the legislative, and judiciary at the same time. This is why we have chaos everywhere today.

1 Like

Re: Adeleke Suspends Osun Chief Judge Adepele Ojo by Ykc2(m): 10:52pm On Nov 16, 2023
Alliswell248:

Are you this dull?
Adeleke is not an Apc gov....why bring Apc into this?
every one Is following apc style of government am not saying adeleke is apc member,is not apc government that made hope uzodimma who came 4th in election governor?Court gave order for emefiele to be granted bail yet tinubu refused to let him go,buhari started this nonsense but e go reach everyone

1 Like

Re: Adeleke Suspends Osun Chief Judge Adepele Ojo by Ykc2(m): 10:53pm On Nov 16, 2023
StreetFight:

I know that mentally unstable people will still mention Tinubu is Ademola Adeleke's foolishness
every one Is following apc style of government am not saying adeleke is apc member,is not apc government that made hope uzodimma who came 4th in election governor?Court gave order for emefiele to be granted bail yet tinubu refused to let him go,buhari started this nonsense but e go reach everyone

1 Like

Re: Adeleke Suspends Osun Chief Judge Adepele Ojo by GUNITGuy: 10:54pm On Nov 16, 2023
Davido Uncle is Joking sha...
Maybe he thinks Court Judge is a DJ you can hire and Fire for entertainment..

1 Like

Re: Adeleke Suspends Osun Chief Judge Adepele Ojo by yemex04(m): 10:58pm On Nov 16, 2023
pedel:
Is that the first case she has handled?
She is very close to retirement.
The report says the woman has been investigated for corruption and other wrongdoing.
The only issue is if the governor has power to suspend her, and I am sure he must have made consultations before making the decision.
From what I have read, She is a very corrupt judge.

Why didn't they make mention of that/those specific act(s) of Corruption or even the Petitoners..? they are likely the foot soldiers of Murderer Adedoyin Rahman.. At least she did not collect Adedoyin's bribe in the his case vs Timothy's Family. She could hv easily collected but she seems to have her conscience alive..

2 Likes

Re: Adeleke Suspends Osun Chief Judge Adepele Ojo by Pat081: 10:59pm On Nov 16, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

you are talking as if you are not from Nigeria do we obey rule of law in this country??
Re: Adeleke Suspends Osun Chief Judge Adepele Ojo by UncleKoboko: 11:01pm On Nov 16, 2023
iCauseTrouble:
Most likely the case
THE GOVERNOR AND THE KILLER MAN BELONGS TO THE SAME CULT.
THEY'VE SHUT ORIYỌMI HAMZAT UP ON THE CASE...

1 Like

Re: Adeleke Suspends Osun Chief Judge Adepele Ojo by yemex04(m): 11:02pm On Nov 16, 2023
Blue3k:

I don't think so. It's not clear to me if the Governor has to act on the state assemblies recommendation.

He acted prolly cos he sponsored the so called resolution.
Re: Adeleke Suspends Osun Chief Judge Adepele Ojo by Mrkindness: 11:03pm On Nov 16, 2023
The Third armm of government is gone in Nigeria. Because they chose nepotism in place of real Truth
Re: Adeleke Suspends Osun Chief Judge Adepele Ojo by UncleKoboko: 11:04pm On Nov 16, 2023
EteBabaagba222:
Hope it has nothing to do with her death sentence of Adedoyin?
It does absolutely
GOVERNOR AND KILLER MAN BELONGS TO THE SAME CULT

2 Likes

Re: Adeleke Suspends Osun Chief Judge Adepele Ojo by Pat081: 11:06pm On Nov 16, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

you are talking as if you are not from Nigeria do we obey rule of law in this country?? ?
Re: Adeleke Suspends Osun Chief Judge Adepele Ojo by basseeafricana: 11:14pm On Nov 16, 2023
MrSundry:
Adeleke also approved the appointment of Olayinka Afolabi as the new acting chief judge of the state.

Source: https://www.channelstv.com/2023/11/16/adeleke-suspends-osun-chief-judge-ojo/
This idiotic Adeleke that can managa write his name is suspending a Chief Judge. The one that was calling commissioner a minister.
Re: Adeleke Suspends Osun Chief Judge Adepele Ojo by Pablo47(m): 11:40pm On Nov 16, 2023
When Buhari suspended CJN Onnoghen in 2019, without NJC recommendation, nothing happened. Remember that the bad policies of governance that you supported yesterday might be against you today.
Re: Adeleke Suspends Osun Chief Judge Adepele Ojo by BadBradley: 11:42pm On Nov 16, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
He can not suspend a Chief Judge. Only NJC can. This was how problem started in some states leading to serious issues. I think Cross Rivers was one of such states. And when it happened in Kwara state, the case of Elelu-Habib v AGF is the locus classicus on the matter.

Nigerians treat democracy the way pigs treat fine linen.

Who gave the State House Of Assembly or governor to suspend a Judge or Chief judge.

I have respected the west in their democratic disposition but this is embarrassing.
Re: Adeleke Suspends Osun Chief Judge Adepele Ojo by FreeStuffsNG: 11:46pm On Nov 16, 2023
BadBradley:
Nigerians treat democracy the way pigs treat fine linen.

Who gave the State House Of Assembly or governor to suspend a Judge or Chief judge.

I have respected the west in their democratic disposition but this is embarrassing.
The west did far worse. Was it not recently that a mob incited by a sitting US President, Trump, ran over their National Assembly destroying everything in sight, sacking their legislators and defeacating everywhere. The NJC and Nigerian system can effectively rein in the Governor.
Re: Adeleke Suspends Osun Chief Judge Adepele Ojo by BadBradley: 12:00am On Nov 17, 2023
Blue3k:
Lol does anyone bother reading the law before commenting.

You go soon learn the difference between stipulation of the law amd interpretation of the law

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.channelstv.com/2019/06/19/you-cannot-remove-chief-judge-kogi-court-tells-governor-assembly/amp/

Re: Adeleke Suspends Osun Chief Judge Adepele Ojo by BadBradley: 12:05am On Nov 17, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

The west did far worse. Was it not recently that a mob incited by a sitting US President, Trump, ran over their National Assembly destroying everything in sight, sacking their legislators and defeacating everywhere. The NJC and Nigerian system can effectively rein in the Governor.
I meant western Nigeria
Re: Adeleke Suspends Osun Chief Judge Adepele Ojo by FreeStuffsNG: 12:06am On Nov 17, 2023
BadBradley:
I meant western Nigeria
Okay sir.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Biafra: Show Evidence Of Your Project In Southeast – Omirhobo Challenges Gowon / We Will Drag Dino Melaye To Court Without Delay – Police / EndSARS: We Can’t Guarantee Security During Yuletide – Law Enforcement Officers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.