Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,620 members, 7,816,551 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:03 PM

Why Are People Like This? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are People Like This? (233 Views)

Nigeria Should Be Proud Of People Like Peter Obi - Rivers PDP Chairman, Akawor / Governor Ortom: There Are People Trying To Kidnap And Kill Me / You Cannot Treat People Like Garbage And Worship God - Zahra Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are People Like This? by phoneport(m): 5:14am On Nov 17, 2023
I went to the store this evening to get few stuff for the house. I was throwing the last items into my basket when this man walks up to me smiling as he murmured some greetings. I ignored the smile but mumbled back my greetings.

“I’m greeting you my sister” he said, glancing briefly into my basket.
“I answered you sir” I said, now half angry. (I no get shingbai o en en).

“My sister please I need your help…” he began.
Haha, here we go.

“See, I can’t lie to you…” he continued, na that one pain me!
People who say “they can’t lie to you” Are actually about to lie to you!

“Sir, don’t bother, I don’t have money” I threw at him!
“No no no no, mi o need owo…” he said… that got me and I relaxed; if he didn’t need money, then it had to be prayers!

Wow! The Holy spirit must have led him to me as per “The anointed one”
I was still thinking of the language to begin the prayers in, to call on the God of Ayodele Babalola when Uncle said.

“Tea ni mo need”
Baba wan drink tea.
Mtchew.
“Tea?” I asked
“Yes”
I paused for a moment then looked at him…
“Go and take it, I’ll put it on my bill” I told him and he ran off.
I was at the counter when this man returned with two rolls of Cadbury bournvita 3 in 1 chocolate!

Ha!!!

“Waz this sir?”
“Tea”
“Why?”
“For drinking..”
Rara, for baffing ni…

“Eskiss sir, why will you carry Bournvita 3 in 1, 2 rolls?” I asked, my annoyance already creeped into my voice.
“OK OK…sorry… I will return one” he started to run off again.
“No sir, don’t return one, return the two. Carry milo abeg” I called after him, cos waz this?

Why this man go carry tea of almost 4k when me with the Mastercard carried Milo of 900! (In the picture below).

Guess what! This man returned again with Milo…3 in 1 #1450

Him : I haff drop it

Me : That’s you that’s God! No P, Take it…

WHY ARE PEOPLE LIKE THIS IN NIGERIA?

Re: Why Are People Like This? by Bliss62: 5:18am On Nov 17, 2023
Hahaha

You no get Money na tea you dey find about

The man never talk him mind
Re: Why Are People Like This? by santakris(m): 5:39am On Nov 17, 2023
I also noticed people come to beg for money when you packed by road side to buy something or pick calls. At times at ATM machine or bank entrance. It's becoming too frequent and rampant. I guess this economy is hitting us hard.
Re: Why Are People Like This? by superCleanworks(m): 6:48am On Nov 17, 2023
this supermarket begging is just too much in Abuja. Some have become so expert and strategic with it.
Re: Why Are People Like This? by brain54(m): 6:52am On Nov 17, 2023
This one na addict…

Tea addict!

1 Like

Re: Why Are People Like This? by Mhizzard(m): 6:53am On Nov 17, 2023
They way people are emerging from nowhereto beg for aims is alarming.

(1) (Reply)

Gov. Otti Denies Spending Almost One Billion Naira On Feeding, Personal Welfare / Totally Unacceptable For Few Judges Upturning Decisions Of Voters - Obasanjo / out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.