Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,958 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:55 AM

Oborevwori Defies Court Order, Presents Staff Of Office To New Delta Monarch - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oborevwori Defies Court Order, Presents Staff Of Office To New Delta Monarch (15159 Views)

Killing Of 17 Soldiers: Wanted Delta Monarch Reports Self To Police / Zahrah Audu Throws Out Tenants, Defies Court Order / Army Habits Die Hard As Nigeria's Buhari Defies Court Orders - Bloomberg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oborevwori Defies Court Order, Presents Staff Of Office To New Delta Monarch by Thonyb2: 6:48am On Nov 17, 2023
Despite an existing court order from a High Court sitting in Otu-Jeremi in Ughelli South Local Government Area, Delta State Governor, Sheriff Oborevwori, on Thursday presented staff of office to the newly installed king of Ewu Kingdom, HRM Clement Oghenerukevwe Ikolo, Urhukpe I, amidst tight security.

There were protests and crises in Ewu Kingdom immediately after the emergence of Ikolo as King.

The quartet of Bernard Awarieta, Olorogun Anthony M. Okagbare, Olorogun Owhofaria, and Evang. Solomon Omotitiri had approached the court challenging the emergence of the Arhedjo ruling house and the selection by the Ekade and Ahavwa families, respectively.

Governor Oborevwori, his deputy, Monday Onyeme, Delta State Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice, Delta State Traditional Rulers Council of Chiefs and the Directorate of Chieftaincy Affairs were joined in the case with Suit No. HCG/55/2023.

But the court presided over by Justice T.O. Uloho, had ordered that: “In view of the fact that the application filed by the parties cannot be heard today by the court, the parties hereto are hereby ordered to maintain the status quo pending the hearing of the application for interlocutory injunction and notice of preliminary objection filed by the 1st defendant and the 2nd to 6th defendants.

“Accordingly, the case is adjourned to November 23 at 2:30 pm for hearing of the application.”

However, Gov Oborevwori, represented by his deputy, Monday Onyeme, presented the staff of office to the monarch amidst tight security.

During the presentation, the governor said: “Your Royal Majesty, I appeal to you to improve on the sanctity of your exalted office by leading your people to greater prosperity in an environment marked by peace, love, understanding, and mutual respect between the throne and the people.

“I urge you to be open and accessible while upholding, at all times, the virtues of justice, fair play, and equity in all your dealings with your subjects. In everything you do and in every decision you take, I implore you to place the interests of the majority of your people and the fear of God above other considerations.

“Let me reiterate that government will continue to rely on the leadership institution as a veritable medium of reaching the people.

“The traditional institution is priceless in any African society; no viable alternative has been found. Government will therefore continue to treat the traditional institution as a trustworthy partner in the social, economic, and cultural spheres.

“Please ensure that you encourage the free flow of communication, dialogue, and consultation with all segments of your kingdom; it is obvious that you are truly accepted by your people; endeavour to reciprocate their love.”

.ng recalls the eruption of crisis following the selection, crowning, and installation of the new king in the community. There had been a series of protests by the opposition against the emergence of the new monarch.

The opposition had accused the governor of alleged imposition of the new monarch on them.

The Delta State Chairman of the Committee for the Defence of Human Rights, A. P. Edariese, commended the Governor Sheriff Oborevwori-led Delta State Government for presenting the staff of office to the monarch.

The septuagenarian also urged the king to work to satisfy God Almighty so that He (God) can give him the capacity to take the kingdom to the limelight as well as silence the voices of dissents.

“Let Ewu people feel the impact of a good king being on the throne so that, at the end of the day, they will say this is what God gave us. It’s good and we are happy,” he advised.
https://.ng/2023/11/17/oborevwori-defies-court-order-presents-staff-of-office-to-new-delta-monarch/

Re: Oborevwori Defies Court Order, Presents Staff Of Office To New Delta Monarch by silvoclaira: 6:49am On Nov 17, 2023
Nigeria courts are almost completely currupt and useless. No one takes them seriousll.

72 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Oborevwori Defies Court Order, Presents Staff Of Office To New Delta Monarch by iokpebholo: 6:50am On Nov 17, 2023
Which useless court order? Nigeria judges and their judgments should go and die.Yahoo yahoo judges

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oborevwori Defies Court Order, Presents Staff Of Office To New Delta Monarch by iokpebholo: 6:51am On Nov 17, 2023
silvoclaira:
Nigeria courts are almost completely currupt. No one takes them seriously. Only the currupt politicians
I tell you, imagine a court will deliver a judgement and that same court will counter it grin grin grin

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oborevwori Defies Court Order, Presents Staff Of Office To New Delta Monarch by crossfm: 6:57am On Nov 17, 2023
Hehehe grin.

Which court are we talking about.

The one that federal government has bastardized.

A country that it's government continue to disobey court orders,but wants her citizens to obey court orders grin cheesy.

The level of hypocrisy in Nigeria is on another level. You can't give what you don't have, simple.

If these trend's continue,soon people will stop going to court, because it's useless in Nigeria.

My fear is that the masses will take matters into their hands, there by taking us back into "the state of nature".
A situation Thomas Hobbes described as life being nasty, brutish and short.

26 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Oborevwori Defies Court Order, Presents Staff Of Office To New Delta Monarch by BigBlackPreek(m): 7:08am On Nov 17, 2023
This is serious oh! Nigerian legal system is totally in shambles! What a slap on their face?
What a mess! Ewuuu Gambia 🤣

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oborevwori Defies Court Order, Presents Staff Of Office To New Delta Monarch by Sirheny007(m): 7:11am On Nov 17, 2023
Actually, I like what is happening to the justice system.
Court orders are merely dog farts. It doesn't mean anything.

Infact, It'd be stupid to obey any order obtained in any Nigerian court at all.
Let the whole system collapse.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oborevwori Defies Court Order, Presents Staff Of Office To New Delta Monarch by jeff1993: 7:12am On Nov 17, 2023
It's not a new thing to disobey the rule of LAW!!
Re: Oborevwori Defies Court Order, Presents Staff Of Office To New Delta Monarch by Beverlyjean(f): 7:13am On Nov 17, 2023
Nigeria is a lawless country... this is what APC brought... our judiciary has been compromised and have lost all integrity and respect because of money

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oborevwori Defies Court Order, Presents Staff Of Office To New Delta Monarch by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:14am On Nov 17, 2023
Despite an existing court order from a High Court sitting in Otu-Jeremi in Ughelli South Local Government Area, Delta State Governor, Sheriff Oborevwori, on Thursday presented staff of office to the newly installed king of Ewu Kingdom, HRM Clement Oghenerukevwe Ikolo, Urhukpe I, amidst tight security.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oborevwori Defies Court Order, Presents Staff Of Office To New Delta Monarch by Dolajo: 7:14am On Nov 17, 2023
grin
Re: Oborevwori Defies Court Order, Presents Staff Of Office To New Delta Monarch by Angelfrost(m): 7:14am On Nov 17, 2023
Nigerian Judiciary in the mud, yet again...!

1 Like

Re: Oborevwori Defies Court Order, Presents Staff Of Office To New Delta Monarch by bewla(m): 7:16am On Nov 17, 2023
G
Re: Oborevwori Defies Court Order, Presents Staff Of Office To New Delta Monarch by MetaFiles230709: 7:16am On Nov 17, 2023
Tinubu template running.....

All those Islamic terrorist that will use excuses of that it is Jews that killed Jesus that Jews will kill Christians, see we already see through your lies, mohammed used same lies on you, angel Gabriel took him to the holy site in Jerusalem that wasn't in existence, see mohammed was always high on opium hence how he copied the bible.

I thought you people said Jesus didn't die that God took him to himself, so why didn't God take your mohammed too?
It is because the fool was cursed, if he is from the line on Ishmael then he was finished. Because you can't tell me that a man who had opportunity of marrying grownups will have a stiff prick staining 9 year old Aisha playing with her doll, who knows maybe because of that pain Aisha's father abubakar made sure none of mohammed's male sons grew to adulthood and did I tell you that zaynab gave him rat poison and even when he died a painful death and was buried, pigs exhumed him and ate his petrifying body.

On 14th may 1948 Israel was created, please on 15th may same 1948, what did the arabs do including the Palestinians?

It was an Arab Israeli judge that sentenced an Israeli president to jail in Israel, please what is the population of Jews in Iraq, Iran, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, etc and also synagogues, etc please who is cleansing who?

We know this is a religious war, dont let these obnoxious ishmaelites deceive you, there is noting like Palestine, Romans renamed Judea palestine to spite the Jews after their second revolt...
And for those Yoruba Muslims, I didn't hear you people condemn the licking of Deborah so we can never take you people serious until you dislodge the fulanis that have converted your traditional land of illorin to Islamic caliphate.

1 Like

Re: Oborevwori Defies Court Order, Presents Staff Of Office To New Delta Monarch by denzel231: 7:18am On Nov 17, 2023
Useless state with nothing to show . Una go still mumu.. Dem see traditional leaders finish . I no blame d useless governor

1 Like

Re: Oborevwori Defies Court Order, Presents Staff Of Office To New Delta Monarch by RedAlert08(m): 7:18am On Nov 17, 2023
crossfm:
Hehehe grin.

A country that it's government continue to disobey court orders,but wants her citizens to obey court orders grin cheesy.

The level of hypocrisy in Nigeria is on another level. You can't give what you don't have, simple.

If these trend's continue,soon people will stop going to court, because it's useless in Nigeria.

I agree with you. Nobody should obey any court order.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oborevwori Defies Court Order, Presents Staff Of Office To New Delta Monarch by Wealthoptulent(m): 7:18am On Nov 17, 2023
Thonyb2:

https://.ng/2023/11/17/oborevwori-defies-court-order-presents-staff-of-office-to-new-delta-monarch/
all this people no trust dem gods again, na Matter for SHRI.NE action, una dey bring gods come front of man with wig
Re: Oborevwori Defies Court Order, Presents Staff Of Office To New Delta Monarch by ybalogs(m): 7:18am On Nov 17, 2023
Governor will always go for his own person. Any reason for the court halting the process?
Re: Oborevwori Defies Court Order, Presents Staff Of Office To New Delta Monarch by eldoradoxx: 7:19am On Nov 17, 2023
Politicians seeing how they bought and sold judgements in the election tribunals are now more emboldened to trash the judiciary and their nonsense orders/judgment that is not favourable to them. Nothing will happen, it is the reign of impunity.

3 Likes

Re: Oborevwori Defies Court Order, Presents Staff Of Office To New Delta Monarch by PortHarcourtcit(m): 7:19am On Nov 17, 2023
G
Re: Oborevwori Defies Court Order, Presents Staff Of Office To New Delta Monarch by ybalogs(m): 7:19am On Nov 17, 2023
Wealthoptulent:

all this people no trust dem gods again, na Matter for SHRI.NE action, una dey bring gods come front of man with wig
I wonder oooo. Seems it's time we adopt even that in choosing our politicians.
Re: Oborevwori Defies Court Order, Presents Staff Of Office To New Delta Monarch by Flame333: 7:19am On Nov 17, 2023
Fvck the judiciary...

Judiciary or political appointees

They contribute majorly to the problems of this country..

1 Like

Re: Oborevwori Defies Court Order, Presents Staff Of Office To New Delta Monarch by ybalogs(m): 7:20am On Nov 17, 2023
RedAlert08:

I agree with you. Nobody should obey any court order.
In order words,the country should turn to Animal kingdom. That's if it hasn't already.

2 Likes

Re: Oborevwori Defies Court Order, Presents Staff Of Office To New Delta Monarch by pacespot(m): 7:21am On Nov 17, 2023
crossfm:
Hehehe grin.

My fear is that the masses will take matters into their hands, there by taking us back into "the state of nature".
A situation Thomas Hobbes described as life being nasty, brutish and short.

Isn't this already happening?
Re: Oborevwori Defies Court Order, Presents Staff Of Office To New Delta Monarch by Guyman01: 7:22am On Nov 17, 2023
My problem is how to memorise the governor's name Oborevwori because I dey see IREV and BVAS in between the spelling cry
Re: Oborevwori Defies Court Order, Presents Staff Of Office To New Delta Monarch by Burgermotors: 7:22am On Nov 17, 2023
He is not the first person
Re: Oborevwori Defies Court Order, Presents Staff Of Office To New Delta Monarch by Arijude(m): 7:25am On Nov 17, 2023
Iyalaya court order. Useless order. Corrupt order
Re: Oborevwori Defies Court Order, Presents Staff Of Office To New Delta Monarch by Djele: 7:27am On Nov 17, 2023
Do we have courts in Nigeria

(1) (2) (Reply)

Police Arraign 25-year-old For Taking Picture With Blackberry Phone / "No APC Governorship Candidate In Zamfara", Says Marafa / Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi Named 2019 "Governor Of The Year"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.