Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,881 members, 7,810,379 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:58 AM

Killing Of 17 Soldiers: Wanted Delta Monarch Reports Self To Police - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Killing Of 17 Soldiers: Wanted Delta Monarch Reports Self To Police (26941 Views)

Oil Bunkering Led To Okuama Killing Of 17 Soldiers / Slain Soldiers Came To Protect Us From Invaders - Delta Monarch / Army Declares 101 Soldiers Wanted, Freezes Bank Accounts - Peoples Gazette (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Killing Of 17 Soldiers: Wanted Delta Monarch Reports Self To Police by Islie: 3:31am On Mar 29
Determined to prove his innocence in the controversy surrounding the murder of 17 military men in Okuama, the Ovie of Ewu-Urhobo Kingdom, Ughelli South local government area of Delta State, His Royal Majesty, Clement Oghenerukevwe Ikolo, Urhukpe 1, has surrendered himself to the State Police Command.

The monarch is one of the eight persons declared wanted by the Defence Headquarters (DHQ) for their role and connection with the gruesome killing of 17 soldiers in Okuama community in Ewu-Urhobo Kingdom of Ughelli South LGA of Delta State.

Ikolo reported Thursday evening at the Delta State Police Command in Asaba and was received by the Commissioner of Police, CP Abaniwonda Olufemi.

The monarch had been living in London, United Kingdom, before his recent selection and crowning as Ovie of Ewu-Urhobo Kingdom.

He was presented with a staff of office by Delta State governor, Hon. Sheriff Oborevwori, in November last year.

LEADERSHIP gathered that the monarch had not returned to his kingdom since his coronation ceremony over a legal tussle arising from his selection following the passage of the former traditional ruler.

Briefing journalists before surrendering himself to the Police, the monarch denied any involvement in the killing of the 17 soldiers, comprising four senior officers and 13 soldiers of the 181 Amphibious Battalion of the Nigerian Army.

He called on the federal and Delta State governments to constitute an independent panel of inquiry to investigate the killing of the military personnel within the Okuama community of his kingdom.

HRM Ikolo further stated that he decided to present himself to the authorities to prove to the Nigerian government and the international community that he had no hand or connection with those who murdered the soldiers.

The Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), SP Bright Edafe, confirmed that the monarch had surrendered to the Police.

Okuama, an Urhobo community, is one of the over 40 communities under the rulership of the monarch in Ewu-Urhobo Kingdom.

https://leadership.ng/killing-of-17-soldiers-wanted-delta-monarch-reports-self-to-police/

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Killing Of 17 Soldiers: Wanted Delta Monarch Reports Self To Police by Bobby4090: 4:52am On Mar 29
So why was he declared wanted in the first place. Was it that he fled his palace or went into hiding immediately after the killings. Because I see no reason why a traditional ruler will be declared wanted in his own domain and up till now hasn't returned.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Killing Of 17 Soldiers: Wanted Delta Monarch Reports Self To Police by pretydiva(f): 4:52am On Mar 29
I honestly want justice for the 17 soldiers killed. But just like I told my soldier friend,thorough investigation should be carried out to know the real culprits

69 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Killing Of 17 Soldiers: Wanted Delta Monarch Reports Self To Police by malali: 4:53am On Mar 29
No Soldier should die in the hands of citizens of its own country.

Lets resolve all our differences and maintain a stance of justice for the 17 soldiers.

Nigerian soldiers, i hope you can see us advocating for you guys......Next time anybody gives you an illegal order to shoot innocent civilians, we hope you remember times like this and refuse such illegal orders.

I trust our intelligence agencies, they will find these guys......dead or alive.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Killing Of 17 Soldiers: Wanted Delta Monarch Reports Self To Police by Bigsavior: 4:53am On Mar 29
Im

1 Like

Re: Killing Of 17 Soldiers: Wanted Delta Monarch Reports Self To Police by Scentedgrance: 4:54am On Mar 29
Re: Killing Of 17 Soldiers: Wanted Delta Monarch Reports Self To Police by TOPCRUISE(m): 4:54am On Mar 29
He is wise not to surrender to Soldiers or the DHQ defence headquarters, but the nearest police command.
He would have been reported missing.

128 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Killing Of 17 Soldiers: Wanted Delta Monarch Reports Self To Police by Honestey: 4:55am On Mar 29
Torture him well he go comefess

1 Like 7 Shares

Re: Killing Of 17 Soldiers: Wanted Delta Monarch Reports Self To Police by id4sho(m): 4:55am On Mar 29
Nigerian military should face their fellow combatants undecided . What was their real mission there lipsrsealed

33 Likes

Re: Killing Of 17 Soldiers: Wanted Delta Monarch Reports Self To Police by Datniggakd: 4:55am On Mar 29
Make E go collect him two portions of rice b dat(in DJ chicken's voice)
Re: Killing Of 17 Soldiers: Wanted Delta Monarch Reports Self To Police by Amount(m): 4:56am On Mar 29
These are trying times for this man....

We should not celebrate the outcome of the event.

Who knows tomorrow.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Killing Of 17 Soldiers: Wanted Delta Monarch Reports Self To Police by HeadNigga: 4:56am On Mar 29
Re: Killing Of 17 Soldiers: Wanted Delta Monarch Reports Self To Police by loadman: 4:56am On Mar 29
This man is innocent,I don't think he participated in such act a London man.

13 Likes

Re: Killing Of 17 Soldiers: Wanted Delta Monarch Reports Self To Police by Lokospirit(m): 4:57am On Mar 29
Not really interested in this topic anymore .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Killing Of 17 Soldiers: Wanted Delta Monarch Reports Self To Police by mannobi(m): 4:57am On Mar 29
This monarch don chop wahala. Those angry police /soldiers go first slap him head

2 Likes

Re: Killing Of 17 Soldiers: Wanted Delta Monarch Reports Self To Police by 123yes(m): 4:57am On Mar 29
Leadership par excellence. A clear mind fears no accusations. A good Name is better than riches. I love his courage to clear his name no matter the humiliations that he is likely to face.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Killing Of 17 Soldiers: Wanted Delta Monarch Reports Self To Police by Offpoint1: 4:59am On Mar 29
Good one, if he's proven innocent he should sue the Nigeria army and government for 10 billion as damages.

19 Likes

Re: Killing Of 17 Soldiers: Wanted Delta Monarch Reports Self To Police by hslbroker2(m): 4:59am On Mar 29
Nice moves to save yourselves from this tussles, police fit forget, army no dey forget, and thank your God no be obasanjo regime, dey for don ground level your communities by now, whether you for don die or run away to exile.

3 Likes

Re: Killing Of 17 Soldiers: Wanted Delta Monarch Reports Self To Police by Vikalinda(m): 4:59am On Mar 29
Big wahala for him.
Re: Killing Of 17 Soldiers: Wanted Delta Monarch Reports Self To Police by pretydiva(f): 4:59am On Mar 29
Bobby4090:
So why was he declared wanted in the first place. Was it that he fled his palace or went into hiding immediately after the killings. Because I see no reason why a traditional ruler will be declared wanted in his own domain and up till now hasn't returned.
Take your time to read through the post again

10 Likes

Re: Killing Of 17 Soldiers: Wanted Delta Monarch Reports Self To Police by inoki247: 5:00am On Mar 29
Good he should also go with his Lawyer...

After proving his innocence he should sue the Govt for publishing his name on the dailies for false accusations....

7 Likes

Re: Killing Of 17 Soldiers: Wanted Delta Monarch Reports Self To Police by Formularcr7: 5:07am On Mar 29
Better than running away, prove your innocence chief.

1 Like

Re: Killing Of 17 Soldiers: Wanted Delta Monarch Reports Self To Police by Mrdecent(m): 5:08am On Mar 29
I hope they will not make the mistake to torture him to death going by the anger in the rank and files of the military over the death of these gallant officers.
A man that has been living in London couldn't have been that barbaric.

The military must have seen something before declaring him wanted. I just don't want to believe that he was declared wanted base on the fact he was a community leader.

13 Likes

Re: Killing Of 17 Soldiers: Wanted Delta Monarch Reports Self To Police by oluseyiforjesus(m): 5:10am On Mar 29
Ok
Re: Killing Of 17 Soldiers: Wanted Delta Monarch Reports Self To Police by emmabest2000(m): 5:14am On Mar 29
pretydiva:
I honestly want justice for the 17 soldiers killed. But just like I told my soldier friend,thorough investigation should be carried out to know the real culprits

Thoroughly investigation ?
In 9ar ?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Killing Of 17 Soldiers: Wanted Delta Monarch Reports Self To Police by money121(m): 5:19am On Mar 29
Ok
Re: Killing Of 17 Soldiers: Wanted Delta Monarch Reports Self To Police by frozen70(f): 5:21am On Mar 29
Vikalinda:
Big wahala for him.

Nothing like that
He came to clear his name probably because he is not involved in that wicked act

But he is highly needed because he may have a clue to whatever led to such killing, which will aid the investigation

For now all of them are guilty untill proven otherwise

As a traditional ruler, you must account for your community, through the informations you gather

So he did well and more heads will roll

The real culprits will rather drink snipper than surrendering themselves to the authority because they know that they will pass through painful death every seconds

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Killing Of 17 Soldiers: Wanted Delta Monarch Reports Self To Police by pretydiva(f): 5:23am On Mar 29
emmabest2000:

Thoroughly investigation ?
In 9ar ?

You don’t believe it’s possible

1 Like

Re: Killing Of 17 Soldiers: Wanted Delta Monarch Reports Self To Police by dNortherner(m): 5:28am On Mar 29
id4sho:
Nigerian military should face their fellow combatants undecided . What was their real mission there lipsrsealed
I advised you go to the army and try to find out, abi?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Killing Of 17 Soldiers: Wanted Delta Monarch Reports Self To Police by bewla(m): 5:29am On Mar 29
Go
Re: Killing Of 17 Soldiers: Wanted Delta Monarch Reports Self To Police by dangotesmummy: 5:30am On Mar 29
May God continue to expose every enemy of Nigeria that wants to continue feasting on the failure of nigeria

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Killing Of 17 Soldiers: Wanted Delta Monarch Reports Self To Police by Ladipodeal: 5:30am On Mar 29
Bobby4090:

He left the country since coronation ceremony last year says the report. Except there are evidences connecting him to the incident.

The army should desist from the brazen ways of handling civilian matters. Read a report which claims most of those declared wanted are mostly those who had spoken against the army in public space or media.

Appears there is more to the case unknown to the public. RIP to the murdered soldier.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is This Picture True Or Photoshopped? Nigerian Leader Sleeping At A Meeting. / Kogi Judges Avoid Swearing In Edward Onoja As Deputy Governor / Umahi Pays N30k New Minimum Wage On January 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.