Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,126 members, 7,835,787 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:58 PM

My Hair Doesn't Grow And It Is Very Light - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Hair Doesn't Grow And It Is Very Light (5957 Views)

How Do I Make My Hair Curly And Beautiful? / Meet Gabby; The Girl That Doesn't Grow Old. / How Do I Prevent My Hair From Splitting/breaking? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Hair Doesn't Grow And It Is Very Light by Giftez78(f): 3:58pm On Sep 14, 2007
Please i need someone to advise me on what to do to keep my hair in a healthy condition. The hair doesn't grow, it ussually cuts and it is very light. I have tried many hair creams but all to no avail. Please kindly advise me on the next step to follow to achieve a better result. Waiting to hear from you.
Re: My Hair Doesn't Grow And It Is Very Light by PTBNaija(f): 7:09am On Sep 19, 2007
The reason that your hair might not be growing could also be due to your diet. Perhaps you are not eating a well balanced one getting in all of your fruits and vegetables. Try looking into vitamins like vitamin B (Biotin complex) and vitamins geared toward healthy hair. All of this of course depends on their availability. Can you give an idea of your general hair care? You use hair creams but which one and how often? Do you put chemicals in your hair? Such as a perm? Because that will thin out your hair as well and make it more prone to breakage.
Re: My Hair Doesn't Grow And It Is Very Light by Dno1gurl(f): 2:48pm On Dec 25, 2010
@ PTB
very correct.
@ Poster
Girl do you know that black hair is the driest hair of all races thats why it needs moisture. What you should do is get a good natural moisturizing lotion 4 hair(natural is dat it doesn't have 'mineral oil' in its ingredient or if it has, it should have water/aqua as it first ingredient ). If hair doesn't have moisture it causes it to cut off.
Secondly, you need to get a natural oil( Castor oil,coconut oil,jojoba oil,almond oil,olive oil, and so on) The oil helps seal the moisture in. So you rub the lotion on your head( i do mine in sections, i part my hair and rub),and then you pour the oil(small amount) on your hand and rub it very gently. Castor oil is good for thickening your hair. Rub it on scalp 2x a week.
[b]Thirdly,[/b]you'll need some shampoo. A good shampoo without sodium sulphate(if you can't find any without it just use it like that) is good. Followed by a deep conditioning treatment. Shampoo 1x a week. If you're in attachments, shampoo 2x a week.
[b]Deep Conditioning [/b]1x a week is also important for black/African hair. I recommend Organic Root Stimulator deep replenishing conditioner. You apply a generous amount to hair and cover with a shower cap(or nylon) and sit under dryer for 20-30 min. You can stay 1 hour without dryer.
After that you wash the conditioner out and apply your Leave-in Conditioner(either coconut oil).
Remember you do all this WEEKLY. Moisturizing and sealing must be done EVERY SINGLE DAY.
You must not use heat on hair(so staying under dryer every week is UNACCEPTABLE. It causes hair to cut off)
And don't comb excessively, because combing hair roughly causes hair to cut off. Don't BRUSH wet hair. Only use a WIDE-TOOTH COMB for combing hair. Relax your hair every 8-10 weeks if you can go a little longer without experiencing breakage, go for it!
Girl, if u do all this your hair will grow long and thick. I did all this this and my hair grew when i relaxed it. Believe me it works i will post some pictures of some products!
This site will help you : www.hairlista.com
Re: My Hair Doesn't Grow And It Is Very Light by Eveoeve(f): 4:34pm On Dec 25, 2010
@poster sorry abt ur problem.
I totally agree wit @PTNaija & Dno1girl. U guys hav shed a lot of light on dis issue.
Just to lend a voice to wat they've said, u have to start taking care of dis problem from within. Ur diet makes u. U need to increase ur intake of fresh fruits and vegetables and avoid junks. Also protein becos dat is needed for growth.
Again, stay away from chemicals as much as u can. That doesnt mean u shouldnt perm ur hair but try to avoid chemical treatments as much as possible. Instead use natural things like olive oil and shea butter which are VERY good for hair growth especially shea butter. Apply dis on ur scalp and hair regularly and u'll notice d difference within a short time.
Lastly for now i'll say pls reduce d rate at which u fix hair extension for a while so ur hair cld relax from strain and heat.
U can get more tips at http://naturekay..com there u'll discover how to take care of many health and beauty issues using natural methods and remedies.
Re: My Hair Doesn't Grow And It Is Very Light by InkedNerd(f): 8:31am On Dec 27, 2010
@OP: You might wanna try taking biotin supplements or a women's multivitamin.
Re: My Hair Doesn't Grow And It Is Very Light by popingo(f): 1:21pm On Dec 27, 2010
I will advice u to go and buy PERFECTIL from a drug store, is a supplement for Hair, Nail and Skin and is sold for N1,200 and it contains 30 capsules to be used one a day. And secondly try using a good relaxer like kits, avoid using all this cheap relaxers they cause hair breakage, and changes d hair colour. As for me i use African Best kit and is good for my hair texture. And also avoid retouching ur hair too often as this makes d hair to be weak, i retouch my hair once in 3months and stretch with a flat iron. This steps has helped me alot and i can boast of a long and beautiful hair. if u still have any problem u can mail me for free at angel2klady@yahoo.com bye
Re: My Hair Doesn't Grow And It Is Very Light by HealthyHair: 9:59pm On May 14, 2013
We are doing a clearance sale on our 100% herbal/ Ayurvedic hair loss and hair re-growth products and cosmetics.
All our products are directly sourced from renowned manufacturers in India. They are not mass produced for the Nigerian market and so you are rest assured of both its quality and efficacy. Enjoy up to 40% discount on all products with full efficacy guarantee. RESULTS BEYOND YOUR EXPECTATIONS GUARANTEED!

1.)PRODUCT NAME: HERBOWASH AYURVEDIC HAIR CLEANSER
PRODUCT DESCRIPTION:- 2-in-1 mild Sulphate free herbal shampoo. Serves both as a shampoo and as a conditioner

STANDARD PRICE/UNIT:- N1000

CLEARANCE PRICE
(Qty x Price) DISCOUNT (%)

1 x N800 20%
2 x N750 25%
3 x N700 30%
5 & Above x N600 40%

2.)PRODUCT NAME:- HAIR-UP ROOT ACTIVATOR OIL

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION:- Highly effective hair growth tonic. A blend of 100% natural ancient herbs. It penetrates the scalp and strengthens the hair at the roots. Ideal solution to hair loss problems and itchy scalp. Makes hair thick, strong & lustrous. Suitable for all hair types.

STANDARD PRICE/UNIT:- N1200

CLEARANCE PRICE DISCOUNT (%)
(Qty x Price)
1 x N960 20%
2 x N900 25%
3 x N840 30%
5 & Above x N720 40%

3.)PRODUCT NAME:- NATURAL HENNA

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION:- Mixture of rare Indian herbs in powder form; Henna, Amla, Bhringraj, Jatamansi etc. Ideal for deep conditioning, hair volume enhancer/hair thickener, hair growth booster and for natural hair colouring.

STANDARD PRICE/UNIT:- N1000

(Qty x Price)
1 x N800 20%
2 x N750 25%
3 x N700 30%
5 & Above x N600 40%

4.)PRODUCT NAME:- CLEAN-UP ANTI ACNE AND SPOT REMOVER

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION:- Mild treatment for pimples, acne, blemishes, dark patches, sun burns etc. It tones and revitalizes the skin and also enhances skin fairness in a natural way. Clean- Up also removes dark spots and heals scars effectively.

STANDARD PRICE/UNIT:- N1500

(Qty x Price)
1 x N1200 20%
2 x N1125 25%
3 x N1050 30%
5 & Above N900 40%

View pictures of all our products on www.herbalhairgrowth.com.ng

To get yours, you can come over to our location at # 38 Osho Drive Olodi-Apapa, Lagos. If you prefer for us to deliver directly to you anywhere in Nigeria, simply call 08023871004 or email us at to make your order.
DISCOUNT LASTS ONLY WHILE STOCK LASTS, SO CALL NOW!

CONTACT DETAILS:
Herbal Hair Growth Nigeria
Address: # 38 Osho Drive Olodi Apapa, Lagos.
Email: info@herbalhairgrowth.com.ng
Tel: 08023871004

Re: My Hair Doesn't Grow And It Is Very Light by meetmal03(f): 9:25pm On Jun 21, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Treatment For Baldness / SEX:‘I Almost Died After Using Kayan Mata’ – Igbo Man Cries Out / Amazing health benefits of abere seed in managing blood sugar levels.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.