Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,557 members, 7,812,784 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:17 PM

About To Cancel A Marriage Scheduled To Hold On Sunday. - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / About To Cancel A Marriage Scheduled To Hold On Sunday. (37425 Views)

Wizkid Scheduled To Perform At Germany's Largest Reggae Festival, Summerjam / Couple Hold Their Church Wedding And Reception At A Beach In Lagos. Photos / Couple Hold Simple Wedding On A Weekday With Only 7 Guests (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

About To Cancel A Marriage Scheduled To Hold On Sunday. by galileo180(m): 5:13pm On Nov 17, 2023
Your honest and sincere opinions are highly needed on this.

My brother is about to get married on Sunday and just today, the girlfriend has been threatening to call off the marriage over a little issue. The issue being my brothers' refusal to travel back to our village with her since he needs to be at work on Tuesday, his reason being that there is no movement on Mondays and he is a Banker and needs to be present to open Vault on Tuesday.

Please in your sincere opinion, is my brother wrong and is it a good reason for the girl to threaten him with calling off the event.

Mods please help a brother, please push to front-page as it needs urgent attention.

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: About To Cancel A Marriage Scheduled To Hold On Sunday. by mariahAngel(f): 5:22pm On Nov 17, 2023
The question is, why is it so important to her that your brother travels with her, and she's not willing to reach a compromise?
Could it be because of something important that they must do together?

Also, are they (your brother and his fiancee) from the same town?

117 Likes 5 Shares

Re: About To Cancel A Marriage Scheduled To Hold On Sunday. by henrimoto(m): 5:28pm On Nov 17, 2023
Where is your brother's current location ?

Can't your brother make arrangements to hand-over the vault keys to the bank management. ?

The lady is already doubting the marriage. In her mind, she is like, "is this what I will face in this marriage?" No Attention!

126 Likes 13 Shares

Re: About To Cancel A Marriage Scheduled To Hold On Sunday. by nairagenone: 5:31pm On Nov 17, 2023
A woman is threatening a man that she will cancel the marriage in 2023 and the man is begging ?
Definitely, your brother will wear the skirt through out the life of that marriage.

For the wife to be to threaten him shows she is not into the marriage and marrying him out of pity. He will suffer in that marriage just like the f.ools before him who have enterred into a marriage without exerting authority and respect.

The lady already sees him as a weak and spineless man, what pains me most is the lady may even have body counts in the double digits.

Men, learn from this story, if a woman cannot respect you just like Sarah did to Abraham, dont put yourself in such bondage.

Go to shiloh, countless single women looking fpr husbands, men learn this, you are the prize.

Stop making a fool of yourselves like the OPs brother.

656 Likes 73 Shares

Re: About To Cancel A Marriage Scheduled To Hold On Sunday. by Villa12(m): 5:52pm On Nov 17, 2023
nairagenone:
A woman is threatening a man that she will cancel the marriage in 2023 and the man is begging ?
Definitely, your brother will wear the skirt through out the life of that marriage.

For the wife to be to threaten him shows she is not into the marriage and marrying him out of pity. He will suffer in that marriage just like the f.ools before him who have enterred into a marriage without exerting authority and respect.

The lady already sees him as a weak and spineless man, what pains me most is the lady may even have body counts in the double digits.

Men, learn from this story, if a woman cannot respect you just like Sarah did to Abraham, dont put yourself in such bondage.

Go to shiloh, countless single women looking fpr husbands, men learn this, you are the prize.

I know a man earning close to 2M monthly. He is 41 and still searching for a wife. Most girls only date him but doesn't want to marry him. The girl he sent to school (polytechnic) still dump him for a guy that earn less than him

Did you know Why? His character. If you doubt me, you can send me a DM and i will take you to meet the guy. This is someone that is doing pretty fine for himself but still struggling to get a wife. I only know about men struggling financially having issues getting a wife. I was surprised to see someone doing fine having same issue

107 Likes 9 Shares

Re: About To Cancel A Marriage Scheduled To Hold On Sunday. by Mindlog: 5:53pm On Nov 17, 2023
galileo180:
Your honest and sincere opinions are highly needed on this.
My brother is about to get married on Sunday and just today, the girlfriend has been threatening to call off the marriage over a little issue. The issue being my brothers' refusal to travel back to our village with her since he needs to be at work on Tuesday, his reason being that there is no movement on Mondays and he is a Banker and needs to be present to open Vault on Tuesday.
Please in your sincere opinion, is my brother wrong and is it a good reason for the girl to threaten him with calling off the event.

Mods please help a brother, please push to front-page as it needs urgent attention.

Where is the location of the scheduled wedding, Church or traditional?

"Our village", is she also from your village?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: About To Cancel A Marriage Scheduled To Hold On Sunday. by nairagenone: 5:56pm On Nov 17, 2023
Villa12:
I know a man earning close to 2M monthly. He is 41 and still searching for a wife. Most girls only date him but doesn't want to marry him. The girl he sent to school (polytechnic) still dump him for a guy that earn less than him

Did you know Why? His character. If you doubt me, you can send me a DM and i will take you to meet the guy. This is someone that is doing pretty fine for himself but still struggling to get a wife. I only know about men struggling financially having issues getting a wife. I was surprised to see someone doing fine having same issue
The bolded is his problem, trying to entice women with money.
In this day and age where multiple women are crying on the internet daily for lack of husband, have you ever seen a man cry on the internet for lack of wife ?
Albinos, hunch back, handicapped men are all getting married even dwarf men are married to taller women, so if a man says he is unable to find a wife, he is either looking for a class that is above him or he has unrealistic expectations.

358 Likes 43 Shares

Re: About To Cancel A Marriage Scheduled To Hold On Sunday. by slimjohn2k5: 6:06pm On Nov 17, 2023
Marriage of Sunday here, was he not in his right mind when he fixed the date?

9 Likes

Re: About To Cancel A Marriage Scheduled To Hold On Sunday. by AngelicBeing: 6:10pm On Nov 17, 2023
nairagenone:

cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: About To Cancel A Marriage Scheduled To Hold On Sunday. by Tayorshd87: 6:22pm On Nov 17, 2023
Villa12:

YES u may be correct because the issue of getting a wife and a woman u can settle with is more than just financial commitment.. I was in a similar shoe some years ago until I made up my mind just to impreg6a lady I don't really love but just normal likeness Al because I need a child 🙁☹ī¸

my brother ur money doesn't determine u marry d woman of ur life or rather have d love of ur life sometimes u just have to take life the way it programmed urs for u ..

That's life

36 Likes 6 Shares

Re: About To Cancel A Marriage Scheduled To Hold On Sunday. by Tayorshd87: 6:24pm On Nov 17, 2023
nairagenone:

In this day and age where multiple women are crying on the internet daily for lack of husband, have you ever seen a man cry on the internet for lack of wife ?
Albinos, hunch back, handicapped men are all getting married even dwarf men are married to taller women, so if a man says he is unable to find a wife, he is either looking for a class that is above him or he has unrealistic expectations.

YES U ARE 100% CORRECT I was also looking for a particular class until I have to choose below my class just to break d curse of my village people of not getting a wife at age 43 😂😆😂
My brother am now a father of two and am happy Abt that just that I didn't marry the kind of spec am willing to and it's giving me a technical issue till date 🙁☹ī¸

94 Likes 8 Shares

Re: About To Cancel A Marriage Scheduled To Hold On Sunday. by nairagenone: 6:33pm On Nov 17, 2023
Tayorshd87:

YES U ARE 100% CORRECT I was also looking for a particular class until I have to choose below my class just to break d curse of my village people of not getting a wife at age 43 😂😆😂
My brother am now a father of two and am happy Abt that just that I didn't marry the kind of spec am willing to and it's giving me a technical issue till date 🙁☹ī¸
Baba I dey feel you, I was almost at your stage but God just favoured me.
Na so I jam a sweet 27 year old virgin babe, with perfect shape and all.
I couldn't believe my luck, she con be SU join, just what I ever dreamt of.

As someone who has lived in multiple continents and dated all races, when you see my fiance you'd think she jazzed me cos the class difference and every other aspect is so wide.

But I love it like that, men are supposed to marry down so has to be able to earn respect from their wives naturally.
If you check this op brother, he either married his own level/class or a woman earning same as him or more.

When they tell you age long truths that as a man, you must marry down to have peace in your own home some of you will think they are talking rubbish.

183 Likes 23 Shares

Re: About To Cancel A Marriage Scheduled To Hold On Sunday. by Tayorshd87: 6:37pm On Nov 17, 2023
nairagenone:

As someone who has lived in multiple continents and dated all races, when you see my fiance you'd think she jazzed me cos the class difference and every other aspect is so wide.

But I love it like that, men are supposed to marry down so has to be able to earn respect from their wives naturally.
If you check this op brother, he either married his own level/class or a woman earning same as him or more.

When they tell you age long truths that as a man, you must marry down to have peace in your own home some of you will think they are talking rubbish.

Am happy for u to get such a virtual lady because what social media has caused in this era is something that cannot be over emphasize with bunches of olosho and club girls đŸ˜ĸ😭😭đŸ˜ĸ😭

Not that am not meeting my spec but date them that's when u Wil know why many of Dem are single 🤔..

But am still thinking of going for my true spec if I found one since have given birth already 🤔
Hope am not taking the wrong decision

9 Likes

Re: About To Cancel A Marriage Scheduled To Hold On Sunday. by nairagenone: 6:46pm On Nov 17, 2023
Tayorshd87:

Am happy for u to get such a virtual lady because what social media has caused in this era is something that cannot be over emphasize with bunches of olosho and club girls đŸ˜ĸ😭😭đŸ˜ĸ😭

Not that am not meeting my spec but date them that's when u Wil know why many of Dem are single 🤔..

But am still thinking of going for my true spec if I found one since have given birth already 🤔
In my opinion, the most important thing for a man is peace of mind.
No woman is perfect, so just highlight what is important to you and check if a lady ticks 70 percent, if she does then go for her.

For me, I was looking for -> fidelity, respect, good family orientation(especially her moms personality), godly and loves God , lastly she must not be olosho(very important).

On my journey searching, I saw plenty things because of my requirements I started going after SU looking babes, my brother, wetin my eye see shock me.
Even deeperlife babes some of them I slept with them same day they came to my house... I just dey shake my head.

Las las I met a lady who is SU, and she con be virgin and as I dey follow her talk she con get sense, theres always a level of risk but with this babe I was ready to risk it and since I made that decision I have never regretted it.

She doesnt have money and comes from a very humble background but to me thats a credit, cos many ladies in her shoes would have used that as an excuse to start doing hookup...

Enough of ranting and back to your question... I think you should consider marrying your baby mama, if you think you can't marry her then find a lady who you think has good morals and values, target the SU looking ladies => deeperlife, mfm, cac etc... But in all remember what the bible says, be wise as serpent but gentle as doves...

I wish you goodluck.

92 Likes 2 Shares

Re: About To Cancel A Marriage Scheduled To Hold On Sunday. by Nicepoker(m): 6:55pm On Nov 17, 2023
That marriage won't last if it ever happens.

22 Likes

Re: About To Cancel A Marriage Scheduled To Hold On Sunday. by Tayorshd87: 6:58pm On Nov 17, 2023
nairagenone:

In my opinion, the most important thing for a man is peace of mind.
No woman is perfect, so just highlight what is important to you and check if a lady ticks 70 percent, if she does then go for her.

For me, I was looking for -> fidelity, respect, good family orientation(especially her moms personality), godly and loves God , lastly she must not be olosho(very important).

On my journey searching, I saw plenty things because of my requirements I started going after SU looking babes, my brother, wetin my eye see shock me.
Even deeperlife babes some of them I slept with them same day they came to my house... I just dey shake my head.

Las las I met a lady who is SU, and she con be virgin and as I dey follow her talk she con get sense, theres always a level of risk but with this babe I was ready to risk it and since I made that decision I have never regretted it.

She doesnt have money and comes from a very humble background but to me thats a credit, cos many ladies in her shoes would have used that as an excuse to start doing hookup...

Enough of ranting and back to your question... I think you should consider marrying your baby mama, if you think you can't marry her then find a lady who you think has good morals and values, target the SU looking ladies => deeperlife, mfm, cac etc... But in all remember what the bible says, be wise as serpent but gentle as doves...

I wish you goodluck.

Thanks 👍 God bless

6 Likes

Re: About To Cancel A Marriage Scheduled To Hold On Sunday. by Dogalmighty17: 7:06pm On Nov 17, 2023
What is your brother waiting for if he hasn't called off the wedding? Is the intended wife sponsoring the wedding? What gives her the guts to give your brother an ultimatum?

What you can't tolerate in marriage, don't tolerate when courting.

Is the lady mad? You and your brother are stupid for displaying weakness. You are even here asking for views. Except your brother snatched her from another man, then maybe his tolerance can be explained.

Let her call it off! Na she and cobwebs go be mate.

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: About To Cancel A Marriage Scheduled To Hold On Sunday. by Kobojunkie: 7:17pm On Nov 17, 2023
galileo180:
■ Your honest and sincere opinions are highly needed on this.
My brother is about to get married on Sunday and just today, the girlfriend has been threatening to call off the marriage over a little issue. The issue being my brothers' refusal to travel back to our village with her since he needs to be at work on Tuesday, his reason being that there is no movement on Mondays and he is a Banker and needs to be present to open Vault on Tuesday. Please in your sincere opinion, is my brother wrong and is it a good reason for the girl to threaten him with calling off the event.
Stay out of it let them deal with their relationship issue as they feel is best! undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: About To Cancel A Marriage Scheduled To Hold On Sunday. by Kobojunkie: 7:21pm On Nov 17, 2023
Villa12:
I know a man earning close to 2M monthly. He is 41 and still searching for a wife. Most girls only date him but doesn't want to marry him. The girl he sent to school (polytechnic) still dump him for a guy that earn less than him. Did you know Why? His character. If you doubt me, you can send me a DM and i will take you to meet the guy. This is someone that is doing pretty fine for himself but still struggling to get a wife. I only know about men struggling financially having issues getting a wife. I was surprised to see someone doing fine having same issue
There are lots of Nigerian men in that situation. Nevermind what you read online. The reality is that men and women experience these same issues. undecided

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: About To Cancel A Marriage Scheduled To Hold On Sunday. by galileo180(m): 7:23pm On Nov 17, 2023
mariahAngel:
The question is, why is it so important to her that your brother travels with her, and she's not willing to reach a compromise?

Also, are they (your brother and his fiancee) from the same town?
We are not from same place.
Re: About To Cancel A Marriage Scheduled To Hold On Sunday. by galileo180(m): 7:25pm On Nov 17, 2023
Kobojunkie:
There are lots of Nigerian men in that situation. Nevermind what you read online. The reality is that men and women experience these same issues. undecided
You can believe whatever you like but I can't come here and lie to people. If my brother can permit me, I will share the invite with you.
Re: About To Cancel A Marriage Scheduled To Hold On Sunday. by galileo180(m): 7:26pm On Nov 17, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Stay out of it let them deal with their relationship issue as they feel is best! undecided
Thank you
Re: About To Cancel A Marriage Scheduled To Hold On Sunday. by nairagenone: 7:31pm On Nov 17, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Kobo, stop being half clever here.
There is a difference between single by choice and single cos no one wants to marry you and all you have are only guys who wants to sleep with you.
I myself in my late 30s just started planning for marriage, earlier if you asked me why I was not married I'd say I'd never found a wife but the truth is there were countless ladies who would marry me in a heartbeat if I asked them to but for some reasons I was not ready.

So it's not the situation for men and women is different, stop letting your feminist disposition becloud your judgement, I am sure you get what I am saying but just deliberately trying to skew the facts here.

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: About To Cancel A Marriage Scheduled To Hold On Sunday. by galileo180(m): 7:32pm On Nov 17, 2023
henrimoto:
Where is your brother's current location ?

Can't your brother make arrangements to hand-over the vault keys to the bank management. ?

The lady is already doubting the marriage. In her mind, she is like, "is this what I will face in this marriage?" No Attention!
My brother is in Onitsha and he is the second in Hierarchy in their branch, if it's possible it wouldn't be a problem.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: About To Cancel A Marriage Scheduled To Hold On Sunday. by Kobojunkie: 7:34pm On Nov 17, 2023
nairagenone:
■ Kobo, stop being half clever here. There is a difference between single by choice and single cos no one wants to marry you and all you have are only guys who wants to sleep with you. I myself in my late 30s just started planning for marriage, earlier if you asked me why I was not married I'd say I'd never found a wife but the truth is there were countless ladies who would marry me in a heartbeat if I asked them to but for some reasons I was not ready. So it's not the situation for men and women is different, stop letting your feminist disposition becloud your judgement, I am sure you get what I am saying but just deliberately trying to skew the facts here.
Why the desperate attempt to shalaye to me though as if I care for any of this?
Villa12:
I know a man earning close to 2M monthly. He is 41 and still searching for a wife. Most girls only date him but doesn't want to marry him. The girl he sent to school (polytechnic) still dump him for a guy that earn less than him Did you know Why? His character. If you doubt me, you can send me a DM and i will take you to meet the guy. This is someone that is doing pretty fine for himself but still struggling to get a wife. I only know about men struggling financially having issues getting a wife. I was surprised to see someone doing fine having same issue
The above is rather what my retort was to. undecided

6 Likes

Re: About To Cancel A Marriage Scheduled To Hold On Sunday. by mariahAngel(f): 7:41pm On Nov 17, 2023
galileo180:

We are not from same place.

Why does she need to travel to your village?

3 Likes

Re: About To Cancel A Marriage Scheduled To Hold On Sunday. by galileo180(m): 8:07pm On Nov 17, 2023
nairagenone:

Thank you
Re: About To Cancel A Marriage Scheduled To Hold On Sunday. by Stevenbright(m): 8:34pm On Nov 17, 2023
Tayorshd87:

Very wrong decision. Be content with what you got!

4 Likes

Re: About To Cancel A Marriage Scheduled To Hold On Sunday. by Villa12(m): 8:46pm On Nov 17, 2023
nairagenone:

that was the only girl he sent to school thinking she will marry him since she's below his class in all ramifications.

The others he has dated don't want him as a husband. I personally know one of the lady he dated. He has bad character which obviously all the girls cannot consider despite his financial security.

6 Likes

Re: About To Cancel A Marriage Scheduled To Hold On Sunday. by DavidEsq(m): 8:55pm On Nov 17, 2023
nairagenone:

See as matrimonial inferiority complex dey wear u like Jersey 😏😏😏😏😏😏😏

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: About To Cancel A Marriage Scheduled To Hold On Sunday. by nairagenone: 9:00pm On Nov 17, 2023
DavidEsq:

See as matrimonial inferiority complex dey wear u like Jersey 😏😏😏😏😏😏😏
Another product of the defective educational system in Nigeria, unable to provide a robust or sensible rebuttal, they resort to insults.
How can you spend 5 years in school yet unable to present a cogent and sensible arguement rather than all these trash and insults you go around posting ?

smh

40 Likes

Re: About To Cancel A Marriage Scheduled To Hold On Sunday. by DavidEsq(m): 9:24pm On Nov 17, 2023
nairagenone:

Another product of the defective educational system in Nigeria, unable to provide a robust or sensible rebuttal, they resort to insults.
How can you spend 5 years in school yet unable to present a cogent and sensible arguement rather than all these trash and insults you go around posting ?

smh
Just look at this illiterate werey! U expect me to bring down your delusional El dorado with a detailed rebuttal? Not worth it. I've seen this happen too many times to bother going all over the cause again and again. It has predictable twist to it and due to the nature of my job that has exposed me to this terrain, I just shake my head, hoot and move on. In a couple of years from now, u will be back here to spill a lot of crap that I'm already familiar with.

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Best Maid Of Honour Wedding Dance In Zimbabwe (video) / My 22nd Birthday / Ghanaian Woman, Elizabeth Celebrates Her 90th Birthday (Photos).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.