Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,566 members, 7,812,830 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:13 PM

About To Cancel A Marriage Scheduled To Hold On Sunday. - Events (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / About To Cancel A Marriage Scheduled To Hold On Sunday. (37427 Views)

Wizkid Scheduled To Perform At Germany's Largest Reggae Festival, Summerjam / Couple Hold Their Church Wedding And Reception At A Beach In Lagos. Photos / Couple Hold Simple Wedding On A Weekday With Only 7 Guests (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: About To Cancel A Marriage Scheduled To Hold On Sunday. by theamazonguru(m): 10:20am On Nov 18, 2023
tonicyril:
How can one get peace of mind when the one u marry is not sexually attractive to you??
Something definitely attracted the person to you.
The guy said,he impregnated the person then married her.
You dey impregnate person wey no dey sexually attractive to you ?
Re: About To Cancel A Marriage Scheduled To Hold On Sunday. by Ynix(m): 10:40am On Nov 18, 2023
Villa12:
I know a man earning close to 2M monthly. He is 41 and still searching for a wife. Most girls only date him but doesn't want to marry him. The girl he sent to school (polytechnic) still dump him for a guy that earn less than him

Did you know Why? His character. If you doubt me, you can send me a DM and i will take you to meet the guy. This is someone that is doing pretty fine for himself but still struggling to get a wife. I only know about men struggling financially having issues getting a wife. I was surprised to see someone doing fine having same issue

Give me his number let me mentor him.
Re: About To Cancel A Marriage Scheduled To Hold On Sunday. by tonicyril: 10:42am On Nov 18, 2023
theamazonguru:

Something definitely attracted the person to you.
The guy said,he impregnated the person then married her.
You dey impregnate person wey no dey sexually attractive to you ?
bro u just talked like a teenager grin grin

Lemme give my own scenario..

I love this lady to a fault and she love me back, but I later discovered that she's still seeing her ex, this pained me so much.

She begged and begged and I said well, since she's the person I love let me see if I can cope.

After sometimes I realised that there is no way I could take the bad memory off my brain, and I decided to quit the relationship for good.
It was after this that she told me she's pregnant for me already.

I cried bitterly cus I know the implications, I hate abortion so it was not an option.
And if I say I should keep her away it won't be possible cus her father is irresponsible and her mother is late, her family members got their problems to solve, and so on

Now she's with me, a good girl tho but the emotions are long gone..

Ever since the incidence it has never occurred to me to say to her "I love you"

I like her on personal level bn a good girl and hardworking girl, she's not materialistic and not a social media type(that is my spec) but the ultimate connection to spark the fire is what is missing
Re: About To Cancel A Marriage Scheduled To Hold On Sunday. by PrimadonnaO(f): 11:02am On Nov 18, 2023
Geenosko:

Yep.

Interesting.

Is the meaning as relating to levels of spiritual understanding?
Re: About To Cancel A Marriage Scheduled To Hold On Sunday. by Geenosko: 11:11am On Nov 18, 2023
PrimadonnaO:

Interesting.

Is the meaning as relating to levels of spiritual understanding?

Yes but it's not limited to that.

1 Like

Re: About To Cancel A Marriage Scheduled To Hold On Sunday. by nairagenone: 11:11am On Nov 18, 2023
tonicyril:

I love this lady to a fault and she love me back, but I later discovered that she's still seeing her ex, this pained me so much.

She begged and begged and I said well, since she's the person I love let me see if I can cope.

After sometimes I realised that there is no way I could take the bad memory off my brain, and I decided to quit the relationship for good.

I cried bitterly cus I know the implications, I hate abortion so it was not an option.
And if I say I should keep her away it won't be possible cus her father is irresponsible and her mother is late, her family members got their problems to solve, and so on

I like her on personal level bn a good girl and hardworking girl, she's not materialistic and not a social media type(that is my spec) but the ultimate connection to spark the fire is what is missing
Big mistake, African men can never forgive infidelity.
It has to do with the way we are raised.

I hope others will learn from this, better to find another woman to marry.

This is why some marriages do not recover, women can forgive infidelity easily cos polygamy is part of our culture but men cannot and it will haunt for the rest of your life.
Re: About To Cancel A Marriage Scheduled To Hold On Sunday. by Lamasta(m): 11:12am On Nov 18, 2023
edunaragold:
. That is same reason I can't let a woman be in charge of my marriage,it's better we separate. you are the type we men needed to moltivate us,I second your motion brother,may God bless u

Why is your moniker carrying female
Re: About To Cancel A Marriage Scheduled To Hold On Sunday. by tonicyril: 11:17am On Nov 18, 2023
nairagenone:

Big mistake, African men can never forgive infidelity.
It has to do with the way we are raised.

I hope others will learn from this, better to find another woman to marry.

This is why some marriages do not recover, women can forgive infidelity easily cos polygamy is part of our culture but men cannot and it will haunt for the rest of your life.
That is the picture bro...
Re: About To Cancel A Marriage Scheduled To Hold On Sunday. by ozo13(m): 11:41am On Nov 18, 2023
Kobojunkie:
You don't know what character means? undecided
there are different shades to character.reason I asked the person.abi e hurt u ni
Re: About To Cancel A Marriage Scheduled To Hold On Sunday. by Caleycash(m): 11:51am On Nov 18, 2023
nairagenone:

Baba I dey feel you, I was almost at your stage but God just favoured me.
Na so I jam a sweet 27 year old virgin babe, with perfect shape and all.
I couldn't believe my luck, she con be SU join, just what I ever dreamt of.

As someone who has lived in multiple continents and dated all races, when you see my fiance you'd think she jazzed me cos the class difference and every other aspect is so wide.

But I love it like that, men are supposed to marry down so has to be able to earn respect from their wives naturally.
If you check this op brother, he either married his own level/class or a woman earning same as him or more.

When they tell you age long truths that as a man, you must marry down to have peace in your own home some of you will think they are talking rubbish.
Come to think of it even those with class are still a liability to the man especially financially, so why stress my self to marry a rubbish class that'll still disrespect me and feel entitled to my possessions??, Godforbid!... some men no go ever get sense, nothing beats peace of mind and tranquility till you depart this earth at a ripe age, I don't pity foolish people!!!
Re: About To Cancel A Marriage Scheduled To Hold On Sunday. by barinedan(m): 11:52am On Nov 18, 2023
First of all has your brother tried obtaining permission from bank? If he did and it wasn't granted and his wife to be is insisting he travels with her, it is a complicated situation, if he talks to her and she insists, he should let her go if she wants. Guy, getting a job in this country is very difficult, your brother should hold the one he's gotten very tight, he shouldn't lose his job for any reason, if the girl don't want to understand then let her go.

1 Like

Re: About To Cancel A Marriage Scheduled To Hold On Sunday. by Mayeldah(m): 12:01pm On Nov 18, 2023
Bank work and slavery, you brother no fit take one week leave just to have his marriage?

everything is not a woman's fault
Re: About To Cancel A Marriage Scheduled To Hold On Sunday. by DangoteIvy: 12:21pm On Nov 18, 2023
Kobojunkie:
What has any of that matter though? undecided
I know a few single ladies who wanna link up to try. But of course if they speak same local language & similar religion, it's an added plus.
Re: About To Cancel A Marriage Scheduled To Hold On Sunday. by lovediehatelive(m): 12:52pm On Nov 18, 2023
Villa12:
I know a man earning close to 2M monthly. He is 41 and still searching for a wife. Most girls only date him but doesn't want to marry him. The girl he sent to school (polytechnic) still dump him for a guy that earn less than him

Did you know Why? His character. If you doubt me, you can send me a DM and i will take you to meet the guy. This is someone that is doing pretty fine for himself but still struggling to get a wife. I only know about men struggling financially having issues getting a wife. I was surprised to see someone doing fine having same issue

Boss no vex o.

Just curious. Everyone has one bad habit or the other. I still dey wonder the kind bad character wey go make all women he come across leave him, even with his money.

Because I know say most ladies go endure nonsense from a guy so far he get money.

What could be the bad character
Re: About To Cancel A Marriage Scheduled To Hold On Sunday. by Belafonte(m): 1:06pm On Nov 18, 2023
Kobojunkie:
You mean sort of like the multitude of counsels given by your ancestors, grandparents, and fathers who have helped resolve marriage in Nigeria, abi? A picture resembling safety, right? undecided

You need help. That demon disturbing you must be cast out
Re: About To Cancel A Marriage Scheduled To Hold On Sunday. by Belafonte(m): 1:09pm On Nov 18, 2023
Mayeldah:
Bank work and slavery, you brother no fit take one week leave just to have his marriage?

everything is not a woman's fault

Whatever his problem with his work can be addressed later, perhaps he should be looking for a new one. However, did the woman not know about his work lattern before now? For them to have got to marriage stage they should have spent some time together and known quite a lot about each other. Giving your spouse an ultimatum at this stage is a huge red flag. If their schedules are so incompatible perhaps they should reconsider marriage
Re: About To Cancel A Marriage Scheduled To Hold On Sunday. by akajos4real: 1:20pm On Nov 18, 2023
If the girl is that unreasonable. I guess your brother should call off the marriage instead before he ruins his career and life being married to such a woman.
Re: About To Cancel A Marriage Scheduled To Hold On Sunday. by FinidiGeorge: 1:38pm On Nov 18, 2023
galileo180:
Your honest and sincere opinions are highly needed on this.

My brother is about to get married on Sunday and just today, the girlfriend has been threatening to call off the marriage over a little issue. The issue being my brothers' refusal to travel back to our village with her since he needs to be at work on Tuesday, his reason being that there is no movement on Mondays and he is a Banker and needs to be present to open Vault on Tuesday.

Please in your sincere opinion, is my brother wrong and is it a good reason for the girl to threaten him with calling off the event.

Mods please help a brother, please push to front-page as it needs urgent attention.
Nothing concern me with this matter, but imagine your brother take this kain woman go oyinbo land, your brother go chop hot pepper cheesy grin😂😂
Re: About To Cancel A Marriage Scheduled To Hold On Sunday. by SoaringLife01: 1:40pm On Nov 18, 2023
galileo180:

My brother is about to get married on Sunday and just today, the girlfriend has been threatening to call off the marriage over a little issue. The issue being my brothers' refusal to travel back to our village with her since he needs to be at work on Tuesday, his reason being that there is no movement on Mondays and he is a Banker and needs to be present to open Vault on Tuesday.

Please in your sincere opinion, is my brother wrong and is it a good reason for the girl to threaten him with calling off the event.

Mods please help a brother, please push to front-page as it needs urgent attention.

Your brother should be a real man by calling it a quit.
It is too early for her to be issuing threat to him.This is a red flag.
In this harsh economic climate in Nigeria,every man should value his mental health more than anything.From what I am seeing , this lady will give your brother hell- affecting his mental health.
I don shook my mouth for the matter o.
Re: About To Cancel A Marriage Scheduled To Hold On Sunday. by PrimadonnaO(f): 1:41pm On Nov 18, 2023
Geenosko:

Yes but it's not limited to that.

Yeah.

Just wanted to check something.
Re: About To Cancel A Marriage Scheduled To Hold On Sunday. by MSN1(m): 1:53pm On Nov 18, 2023
galileo180:

Your brother's fiancée had the effrontary to say that; BECAUSE SHE KNOWS THAT; DUDE IS SIMPle.
Re: About To Cancel A Marriage Scheduled To Hold On Sunday. by poiZon: 2:07pm On Nov 18, 2023
Villa12:

Likewise the girl in this context, her character is a no no.
Like why threatening to call off wedding over mundane things like this?
It's like she thinks she is the prize
Re: About To Cancel A Marriage Scheduled To Hold On Sunday. by gidjah(m): 2:44pm On Nov 18, 2023
I love your final quote "the technical issue"! that can really be a heavy load on your heart daily, particularly whenever such a lady slips below your expectatikn in soundness etc.Had that same matter with me but had to run to God to help me always overlook that area lest we develop HBP and love less.Life can really teach one a serious lesson , we most times do not get things our way particularly when it comes to marriage in destiny fuflfilment.So I often times laugh when I see young men or ladies make dry boast over what they intend to fuflfil in terms of marriage or achievement,I know by experience that life teaches and can humble men on earth.Its the way The Creator designs it.No one man has it all !!
Tayorshd87:

YES U ARE 100% CORRECT I was also looking for a particular class until I have to choose below my class just to break d curse of my village people of not getting a wife at age 43 😂😆😂
My brother am now a father of two and am happy Abt that just that I didn't marry the kind of spec am willing to and it's giving me a technical issue till date 🙁☹️
Re: About To Cancel A Marriage Scheduled To Hold On Sunday. by gidjah(m): 2:49pm On Nov 18, 2023
I like it when You say you are lucky, some other men or even most ain't lucky! Picking one 'below'can have plenty plenty disadvantages over its advantage sir..may you not get to that bridge or boarder where the disadvantages outshadows the advantage,....you will go into depression oo,unless God comes to your rescue.speaking from experience.But Al the same it is fair .
nairagenone:

As someone who has lived in multiple continents and dated all races, when you see my fiance you'd think she jazzed me cos the class difference and every other aspect is so wide.

But I love it like that, men are supposed to marry down so has to be able to earn respect from their wives naturally.
If you check this op brother, he either married his own level/class or a woman earning same as him or more.

When they tell you age long truths that as a man, you must marry down to have peace in your own home some of you will think they are talking rubbish.
Re: About To Cancel A Marriage Scheduled To Hold On Sunday. by GoodRocks: 2:57pm On Nov 18, 2023
galileo180:

My brother is in Onitsha and he is the second in Hierarchy in their branch, if it's possible it wouldn't be a problem.

I wanted to call your brother a SIMP but discover calling him a SIMP is an insult to Simpsons.

Dude, tell your brother I said he should called off that marriage ASAP. Why your brother go dey beg liability who will stay old when no man comes for her? To command authority and respect your brother needs to be incharge of his home and his decisions and if that girl can't submit to him, tell him to kick her out ASAP.
Re: About To Cancel A Marriage Scheduled To Hold On Sunday. by abbey621(m): 3:12pm On Nov 18, 2023
Zooposki:

ad hominem, (Latin: “against the man”) type of argument or attack that appeals to prejudice or feelings or irrelevantly impugns another person’s character instead of addressing the facts or claims made by the latter.

You do not have a valid claim so the only option is to treat you as a clown! The bartholin gland has nothing to do with pregnancy, it is just a lubricant producing gland needed by the vagina, even if you plan on introducing an external liquid into it, that liquid would still need to be spermatozoa or a chemical derivative which has not been invented yet.....once again olodo like you would rather peddle conspiracy theories than use actual facts! Name one person in the world that actually got pregnant using the method you stated? I bet you believe in human cloning too.....Werey grin grin grin
Re: About To Cancel A Marriage Scheduled To Hold On Sunday. by gidjah(m): 3:26pm On Nov 18, 2023
If you totally think this might be fluke,then you really have a shallow mind pls.This world is more mysterious than you can ever think or imagine sir.Do you know this is the same reason why two wealthy couples newly wedded can not last for more than a year ? Just like women with wealth can find it hard to get compatible partners, same happens to men too. A senior uncle of mine quite wealthy and famous up north couldn't keep a wife at home ,...had series of nice ladies to girlfriend but relationship quashes at the preparation for marriage ,this continued for over ten years while all his younger brothers got wedded.never can say of his status now but so it was way way back 2000.Life is a mystery ,let's just keep praying the favourable side of life happen to us
komzy589:

Is it in this life that we are living in or in an alternate world!
Lying to yourself will not make you feel good about being a woman.
Re: About To Cancel A Marriage Scheduled To Hold On Sunday. by Zooposki(f): 3:32pm On Nov 18, 2023
abbey621:

You do not have a valid claim so the only option is to treat you as a clown! The bartholin gland has nothing to do with pregnancy, it is just a lubricant producing gland needed by the vagina, even if you plan on introducing an external liquid into it, that liquid would still need to be spermatozoa or a chemical derivative which has not been invented yet.....once again olodo like you would rather peddle conspiracy theories than use actual facts! Name one person in the world that actually got pregnant using the method you stated? I bet you believe in human cloning too.....Werey grin grin grin

Whatever rocks your boat. If you believe it’s only a lubricant, whom I to argue with your Google knowledge. The most famous parthenogenesis(self reproduction) birth in the Bible is your dear Jesus. The Bible is a coded book.
Re: About To Cancel A Marriage Scheduled To Hold On Sunday. by mabea: 3:40pm On Nov 18, 2023
nairagenone:

Somehow I fell in this category. Was looking for class and all but suddenly I changed my mind and focused my attention on getting a just a good lady but in the process I found an absolute beauty inside out and I can't wish for a better spouse not in a million years.
Re: About To Cancel A Marriage Scheduled To Hold On Sunday. by theamazonguru(m): 3:43pm On Nov 18, 2023
tonicyril:

So you have to abuse someone to pass your message?
Your experience is perculiar to you, it doesn't make it general.

Shebi me I talked like a teenager.
Amazingly a girl pushed pregnancy on you like a teenager. Someone you knew was still seeing her ex, yet you were still sleeping with her.
What do you expect.
Biko enjoy the forced union.

1 Like

Re: About To Cancel A Marriage Scheduled To Hold On Sunday. by abbey621(m): 3:46pm On Nov 18, 2023
Zooposki:

Whatever rocks your boat. If you believe it’s only a lubricant, whom I to argue with your Google knowledge. The most famous parthenogenesis(self reproduction) birth in the Bible is your dear Jesus. The Bible is a coded book.

Ah yes Bible and science perfect combo.....Nigga you're cracking me up grin grin grin grin. Even that theory is flawed because I recalled it required the holy spirit to complete the process so it is not self conception.....Nice try tho grin grin grin

Re: About To Cancel A Marriage Scheduled To Hold On Sunday. by biz2get(m): 3:48pm On Nov 18, 2023
Villa12:
that was the only girl he sent to school thinking she will marry him since she's below his class in all ramifications.

The others he has dated don't want him as a husband. I personally know one of the lady he dated. He has bad character which obviously all the girls cannot consider despite his financial security.

Sending a girl to school ... Who is not your wife.

Is also considered a bad character.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Best Maid Of Honour Wedding Dance In Zimbabwe (video) / My 22nd Birthday / Ghanaian Woman, Elizabeth Celebrates Her 90th Birthday (Photos).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.