Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,036 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

Russia To Outlaw Gays, Lesbians & LGBTQ As Extremist Groups (Photos) - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia To Outlaw Gays, Lesbians & LGBTQ As Extremist Groups (Photos) (35061 Views)

Russian Court Bans Facebook & Instagram, Calls Them 'extremist Organisations' / France Shuts Down Mosque Over Extremist Sermon / Indonesia To Outlaw Sex Outside Marriage, Millions May Risk Jail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia To Outlaw Gays, Lesbians & LGBTQ As Extremist Groups (Photos) by Hsurdluxury: 9:03pm On Nov 17, 2023
God bless vladimir putin and all African countries that reject the nonsense

imagine a guy asking a guy out for sex

when satan get hold of your brain,you will normalise evil as the right thing

say No to sodom and gomora act

say No to lesbianism and gayism

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia To Outlaw Gays, Lesbians & LGBTQ As Extremist Groups (Photos) by puremaker7(m): 9:03pm On Nov 17, 2023
Padipadi:

Do you want me to make you cry ni?
I mad pass you o!
I'm not mad, you are the only mad man here.
kid, you can remove your clothes and run to the market
Re: Russia To Outlaw Gays, Lesbians & LGBTQ As Extremist Groups (Photos) by bukatyne(f): 9:11pm On Nov 17, 2023
Reviewing the laws, only the one talking about propaganda of non-traditional sexual relations amongst adults seems to be 'infringing' on their rights.

For the others,
1. Why do you want to depict non-traditional sexual relations for minors? A heterosexual doing that is rightfully called a pervert.

2. While the law doesn't permit gender change surgeries and aftercare, nobody is stopping you from travelling out. Why would anyone even want to do such surgeries in Russia when the expert (America) is there?

3. Sex change is a basis for marriage annulment. Before nko? People are annuling marriage for impotence in Nigeria. The law might be in two parts: Sex change done before marriage & discovered in the marriage: annulment; sex change after marriage: automatic divorce.

4. They are not qualified as Foster & adoptive parents: well, the kids are omo ijoba who has the right to determine the eligibility criteria to adopt/Foster their kids.

Anyways, the alphabet community have always thrived on propaganda so nothing new.

1 Like

Re: Russia To Outlaw Gays, Lesbians & LGBTQ As Extremist Groups (Photos) by Gandrova: 9:14pm On Nov 17, 2023
Flamemignon1:

This is the dumbest thing I've heard all day but I expect nothing less from an ignorant bigot who already judges people before they know them, like pick up a book that's not a religious book that haven't been translated a billion times and learn about human sexuality but as usual the black man is scared of something he doesn't understand hence why y'all deserve the shithole you live in
Go and sit down kid. Truth is a bitter pills to swallow.
He said the truth.
Re: Russia To Outlaw Gays, Lesbians & LGBTQ As Extremist Groups (Photos) by Padipadi(m): 9:14pm On Nov 17, 2023
puremaker7:
I'm not mad, you are the only mad man here.
kid, you can remove your clothes and run to the market
Ok. It's confirmed you are mad.
See ya mama toto after Friday night's work.

Re: Russia To Outlaw Gays, Lesbians & LGBTQ As Extremist Groups (Photos) by EKONGKING: 9:16pm On Nov 17, 2023
Bliztzer:

I dey support Russia now

You better do ,

The woke liberals are worse than Nazis , they want to impose their own order .
Re: Russia To Outlaw Gays, Lesbians & LGBTQ As Extremist Groups (Photos) by shineeye1: 9:18pm On Nov 17, 2023
WriterNig:

The 🇷🇺 Russian Justice Ministry on Friday said it has filed a lawsuit with the nation’s Supreme Court to outlaw Gays, Lesbians, LGBTQ “international public movement” as extremist, the latest crippling blow against the already beleaguered LGBTQ community in the increasingly conservative country.

The ministry said in an online statement announcing the lawsuit that authorities have identified “signs and manifestations of extremist nature” in “the activities of the LGBT movement active” in Russia, including “incitement of social and religious discord.” Russia’s Supreme Court has scheduled a hearing to consider the lawsuit for Nov. 30, the ministry said.

It wasn’t immediately clear what exactly the label would entail for LGBTQ people in Russia if the Supreme Court sides with the Justice Ministry. But the move in itself represents the latest, and by far the most drastic, step in the decadelong crackdown on gay rights in Russia unleashed under President Vladimir Putin, who has put “traditional family values” at the cornerstone of his rule.

The crackdown, which began a decade ago, slowly but surely chipped away at LGBTQ rights. In 2013, the Kremlin adopted the first legislation restricting LGBTQ rights, known as the “gay propaganda” law, banning any noncritical public depiction of “nontraditional sexual relations” among minors. In 2020, Putin pushed through a constitutional reform to extend his rule by two more terms that also outlawed same-sex marriage.

In 2022, after sending troops into Ukraine, the Kremlin ramped up its rhetoric about protecting “traditional values” from what it called the West’s “degrading” influence, in what rights advocates saw as an attempt to legitimize the military action in Ukraine. That same year, the authorities adopted a law banning propaganda of “nontraditional sexual relations” among adults, too, effectively outlawing any public endorsement of LGBTQ people.

Another law passed this year prohibited gender transitioning procedures and gender-affirming care for trans people. The legislation prohibited any “medical interventions aimed at changing the sex of a person,” as well as changing one’s gender in official documents and public records. It also amended Russia’s Family Code by listing gender change as a reason to annul a marriage and adding those “who had changed gender” to a list of people who can’t become foster or adoptive parents.

“Do we really want to have here, in our country, in Russia, ‘Parent No. 1, No. 2, No. 3’ instead of ‘mom’ and ‘dad?’” Putin said in September 2022 at a ceremony to formalize Moscow’s annexation of four Ukrainian regions. “Do we really want perversions that lead to degradation and extinction to be imposed in our schools from the primary grades?”

America led the way for the right to be MAD and is determined to make the whole world go MAD. Africa must say NO, madness is not in our culture!
Re: Russia To Outlaw Gays, Lesbians & LGBTQ As Extremist Groups (Photos) by PEACE2023: 9:19pm On Nov 17, 2023
WriterNig:

The 🇷🇺 Russian Justice Ministry on Friday said it has filed a lawsuit with the nation’s Supreme Court to outlaw Gays, Lesbians, LGBTQ “international public movement” as extremist, the latest crippling blow against the already beleaguered LGBTQ community in the increasingly conservative country.

The ministry said in an online statement announcing the lawsuit that authorities have identified “signs and manifestations of extremist nature” in “the activities of the LGBT movement active” in Russia, including “incitement of social and religious discord.” Russia’s Supreme Court has scheduled a hearing to consider the lawsuit for Nov. 30, the ministry said.

It wasn’t immediately clear what exactly the label would entail for LGBTQ people in Russia if the Supreme Court sides with the Justice Ministry. But the move in itself represents the latest, and by far the most drastic, step in the decadelong crackdown on gay rights in Russia unleashed under President Vladimir Putin, who has put “traditional family values” at the cornerstone of his rule.

The crackdown, which began a decade ago, slowly but surely chipped away at LGBTQ rights. In 2013, the Kremlin adopted the first legislation restricting LGBTQ rights, known as the “gay propaganda” law, banning any noncritical public depiction of “nontraditional sexual relations” among minors. In 2020, Putin pushed through a constitutional reform to extend his rule by two more terms that also outlawed same-sex marriage.

In 2022, after sending troops into Ukraine, the Kremlin ramped up its rhetoric about protecting “traditional values” from what it called the West’s “degrading” influence, in what rights advocates saw as an attempt to legitimize the military action in Ukraine. That same year, the authorities adopted a law banning propaganda of “nontraditional sexual relations” among adults, too, effectively outlawing any public endorsement of LGBTQ people.

Another law passed this year prohibited gender transitioning procedures and gender-affirming care for trans people. The legislation prohibited any “medical interventions aimed at changing the sex of a person,” as well as changing one’s gender in official documents and public records. It also amended Russia’s Family Code by listing gender change as a reason to annul a marriage and adding those “who had changed gender” to a list of people who can’t become foster or adoptive parents.

“Do we really want to have here, in our country, in Russia, ‘Parent No. 1, No. 2, No. 3’ instead of ‘mom’ and ‘dad?’” Putin said in September 2022 at a ceremony to formalize Moscow’s annexation of four Ukrainian regions. “Do we really want perversions that lead to degradation and extinction to be imposed in our schools from the primary grades?”

Kill them gay's all of them
Re: Russia To Outlaw Gays, Lesbians & LGBTQ As Extremist Groups (Photos) by Flamemignon1(m): 9:26pm On Nov 17, 2023
advanceDNA:

Really..? So u of all pple can use that line...and u said the reason u don't believe in Christianity is because u haven't seen the proofs....u keep exposing urself daily... All ur comments here are just woke-forming

I am telling u that no one is in jail for it ....even the Muslims that quickly kill ..only whips them with cane and enrol them into a so called reorientation programme
Buddy I'm actually going by my truth and experiences as a queer person even if I'm not in Nigeria,I know what my queer brothers and sisters are going through
Re: Russia To Outlaw Gays, Lesbians & LGBTQ As Extremist Groups (Photos) by Flamemignon1(m): 9:28pm On Nov 17, 2023
Emu4life:

Scientists u saycheesy cheesy So you are waiting on Scientist to come give you Hypotheses or advanced Hypotheses (Theories) that justify A$$ drilling gringrin
Your case is beyond redemption.
There are only two sex Chromosomes, X for female and Y for Male, anything else is balderdash and an aberration.
Homosexuality is preternatural. You need to seek mental health Evaluation Sir?/Ma.
Funny how sex is the first thing that pops into your mind,no wonder you lot don't know what love is.
Just look at how you are confusing yourself, mistaking human sexuality with gender identity,later when I say you know nothing on it, I'm the bad guy,you just literally proved my point so right
Re: Russia To Outlaw Gays, Lesbians & LGBTQ As Extremist Groups (Photos) by Charly68: 9:28pm On Nov 17, 2023
Very sick group yet seeking for public relevance.. they should be banned
Re: Russia To Outlaw Gays, Lesbians & LGBTQ As Extremist Groups (Photos) by Flamemignon1(m): 9:29pm On Nov 17, 2023
Gucciswaz:
what exactly is ur piont sad sad
I'm talking about most people's reductive knowledge on things they know nothing about
Re: Russia To Outlaw Gays, Lesbians & LGBTQ As Extremist Groups (Photos) by Flamemignon1(m): 9:29pm On Nov 17, 2023
Pimine:

Gaybriel don drop quote.
And bigot don see am
Re: Russia To Outlaw Gays, Lesbians & LGBTQ As Extremist Groups (Photos) by Xkale1996(m): 9:30pm On Nov 17, 2023
Padipadi:
Putin ooo.
You sha wan win me over to support you cos na only me remain make you align with to be world power.
I gree this one cos I can't imagine iron fûcking iron. Make man dey drill him fellow man. My dîck must not pack shit! Na toto grease & juice it must pack!
But I v not forgiven you for Ukraine matter. You sef must chop ya beans for Int'l Criminal Court of Justice. ⚖️
Lastly, no support those islamists seeking ya help over Hamas. Hamas own too much.

You bah, aren't you one of the boys they give peanuts to promote Putin?
You sef look like an abused gay boy for sec school. See ya red anus!
if na bcox of Ukraine matter u no dey support Russia

That means
You know nothing about world politics

2 Likes

Re: Russia To Outlaw Gays, Lesbians & LGBTQ As Extremist Groups (Photos) by puremaker7(m): 9:31pm On Nov 17, 2023
Padipadi:

Mtcheww...kid
Re: Russia To Outlaw Gays, Lesbians & LGBTQ As Extremist Groups (Photos) by Flamemignon1(m): 9:32pm On Nov 17, 2023
Gandrova:
Go and sit down kid. Truth is a bitter pills to swallow.
He said the truth.
What truth? That has no substance and isn't factual? Lol,you bigots make me laugh grin cheesy, it's even more funny now to watch y'all wallow in your ignorance
Re: Russia To Outlaw Gays, Lesbians & LGBTQ As Extremist Groups (Photos) by Barrister900(m): 9:33pm On Nov 17, 2023
Flamemignon1:

This is the dumbest thing I've heard all day but I expect nothing less from an ignorant bigot who already judges people before they know them, like pick up a book that's not a religious book that haven't been translated a billion times and learn about human sexuality but as usual the black man is scared of something he doesn't understand hence why y'all deserve the shithole you live in
....you truly need help... psychological help... you're both mentally and physically sick....I wouldn't be shocked if you've contracted HIV... you're looking for who to destroy...you won't get anybody but yourself.....
Re: Russia To Outlaw Gays, Lesbians & LGBTQ As Extremist Groups (Photos) by puremaker7(m): 9:33pm On Nov 17, 2023
Padipadi:

Banta wey we dey troll, when we dey Primary 6....
Na learner you be, osinwin oma kekere
Re: Russia To Outlaw Gays, Lesbians & LGBTQ As Extremist Groups (Photos) by Larryndelaw: 9:36pm On Nov 17, 2023
I don't have anything against it if that us what they want in their country once it is of popular opinion
Re: Russia To Outlaw Gays, Lesbians & LGBTQ As Extremist Groups (Photos) by Emu4life(m): 9:38pm On Nov 17, 2023
Flamemignon1:

Funny how sex is the first thing that pops into your mind,no wonder you lot don't know what love is.
Just look at how you are confusing yourself, mistaking human sexuality with gender identity,later when I say you know nothing on it, I'm the bad guy,you just literally proved my point so right
Human Sexuality, Gender Identity.

If as a person, I decide to be identified as an alligator because of so called Human Right, 90% of sane individuals will suggest I'm taken to a Psychiatric Hospital. This is your case, you lgtvfsdrfc people.

You need not be scorned but taken to Psychiatric hospital where fellow Mentally challenged people are treated /rehabilitated.

May you find help Sir/Ma/Them/They gringringrin
Re: Russia To Outlaw Gays, Lesbians & LGBTQ As Extremist Groups (Photos) by Gandrova: 9:41pm On Nov 17, 2023
Flamemignon1:

What truth? That has no substance and isn't factual? Lol,you bigots make me laugh grin cheesy, it's even more funny now to watch y'all wallow in your ignorance
Don't worry continue. I pity your anus undecided
Re: Russia To Outlaw Gays, Lesbians & LGBTQ As Extremist Groups (Photos) by PARADIZEPRIEST: 9:43pm On Nov 17, 2023
It is disgusting outlaw all gay behaviour and send the culprits to rehab or asylum angry
Re: Russia To Outlaw Gays, Lesbians & LGBTQ As Extremist Groups (Photos) by PARADIZEPRIEST: 9:46pm On Nov 17, 2023
It is disgusting outlaw all gay behaviour and send the culprits to rehab or asylum angryhow can Amanda by fcccking a fellow man? How can,how can a male inject hormones to grow breast and compete in women sport,even changing in ladies redressing room,? What is that shittt? It's what ot is,a serious mental disorder cum hormonal abonormacy that needs psycho and bio intervention to cure it,and not to proliferate such anormaly to joy of satan. angry

1 Like

Re: Russia To Outlaw Gays, Lesbians & LGBTQ As Extremist Groups (Photos) by Funjosh(m): 9:47pm On Nov 17, 2023
Flamemignon1:

What's this one saying tongue
Re: Russia To Outlaw Gays, Lesbians & LGBTQ As Extremist Groups (Photos) by iamjavadem(m): 9:54pm On Nov 17, 2023
But you should know it's just propaganda, it's not supported by any region in Nigeria. There can be nothing like gay laws here.
obiekunie01:
pls our dear Russian supreme court kindly make it an offense punishable by death by hanging or burning!

1 Like

Re: Russia To Outlaw Gays, Lesbians & LGBTQ As Extremist Groups (Photos) by Padipadi(m): 9:58pm On Nov 17, 2023
Xkale1996:
if na bcox of Ukraine matter u no dey support Russia

That means
You know nothing about world politics
Na you come sabi world politics? Can't I do ojoro if I wished? Can't I just be biased against Putin?
I no like Putin, period!
Re: Russia To Outlaw Gays, Lesbians & LGBTQ As Extremist Groups (Photos) by nedekid: 10:02pm On Nov 17, 2023
Nice one from Russia, the defender of sanity in the world.
Re: Russia To Outlaw Gays, Lesbians & LGBTQ As Extremist Groups (Photos) by Kingbuhari(m): 10:05pm On Nov 17, 2023
I hope they can curb the one's in their various prisons
Re: Russia To Outlaw Gays, Lesbians & LGBTQ As Extremist Groups (Photos) by chosengocap: 10:06pm On Nov 17, 2023
Flamemignon1:

Gay spotted . You should be hanged by your balls .

1 Like

Re: Russia To Outlaw Gays, Lesbians & LGBTQ As Extremist Groups (Photos) by naijapikin2(m): 10:09pm On Nov 17, 2023
Good move.

Ban those ass-bangers.

Utter rubbish. Imprison them then they should be banged back to reality.

What nonsense
Re: Russia To Outlaw Gays, Lesbians & LGBTQ As Extremist Groups (Photos) by Pimine: 10:09pm On Nov 17, 2023
Flamemignon1:

And bigot don see am
Oga Gaybriel you need deliverance from that spirit of Sodom that has laid claim on your soul.
Re: Russia To Outlaw Gays, Lesbians & LGBTQ As Extremist Groups (Photos) by PARADIZEPRIEST: 10:13pm On Nov 17, 2023
Flamemignon1:

From the way to reason,you know nothing about civilization.
Listen there are over three evolution of civilizations:
We have the Egyptian civilization
We have the Chinese civilization
We have the industry-valley civilization etc of this non has ever made lgbt a front line because it is crime against humanity to proliferate abnormality. Go make peace with GOD your maker so that you may receive understanding of creation and he will teach u all things. angry Am scientist to PhD level,and strong believer in GOD because of the mysterious proofs HE showed and shows us who believe. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

RUSSIA Is Set To Begin Final Tests On Its Lethal Hypersonic 6100mph Missile(Pix) / Biden Formally Clinches Democratic Presidential Nomination / Trump Pens Farewell Address : "The Movement We Started Is Only Just Beginning"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.