Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,697 members, 7,831,172 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

Can Spirit Be Destroy? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Spirit Be Destroy? (585 Views)

Could My Father's Spirit Be Residing In Me? / In This Covid19 Pandemic Let Your Spirit Be Rekindled By God / Can A Dead Man's Spirit Be Truly Consulted By The Living? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Spirit Be Destroy? by jom28gy(m): 11:29pm On Nov 18, 2023
Why are talking like this? Don't you know that spirit never dies, and spirits are gods and God,
Re: Can Spirit Be Destroy? by NNTR: 11:46pm On Nov 18, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tb-fuN6GFTs

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.
Re: Can Spirit Be Destroy? by Maynman: 11:54pm On Nov 18, 2023
NNTR:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tb-fuN6GFTs

Only a fool with take a parable literally.
Do you know how many examples of kingdom of heaven, Jesus used as example.

If not that you are dumb, when Jesus was given the parable, who were the audience?
Were the Pharisees and high priests there? Did they represent the rich men?
Did Lazarus represent Lazarus?
😂
Re: Can Spirit Be Destroy? by NNTR: 11:55pm On Nov 18, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiRacdl02w4

Re: Can Spirit Be Destroy? by Maynman: 11:56pm On Nov 18, 2023
NNTR:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiRacdl02w4

If not that you are dumb, when Jesus was given the parable, who were the audience?
😂
Re: Can Spirit Be Destroy? by NNTR: 12:00am On Nov 19, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAQiO65Abn4

Re: Can Spirit Be Destroy? by Maynman: 12:02am On Nov 19, 2023
NNTR:
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/QRKOSyLkNW4
😂
Re: Can Spirit Be Destroy? by Maynman: 12:05am On Nov 19, 2023
NNTR:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAQiO65Abn4

The parable literally was for the Pharisees Luke 16:14.
Re: Can Spirit Be Destroy? by NNTR: 12:24am On Nov 19, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTINBQGBM7Y

Re: Can Spirit Be Destroy? by Maynman: 12:26am On Nov 19, 2023
NNTR:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTINBQGBM7Y

😂
Re: Can Spirit Be Destroy? by NNTR: 12:28am On Nov 19, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dB3dEH_ERSg

No one gives a ferk about you
'cause you're a dickhead true
See your mate over there in the corner
He's a dickhead too like you, dickhead

Re: Can Spirit Be Destroy? by Maynman: 12:29am On Nov 19, 2023
NNTR:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dB3dEH_ERSg

No one gives a Bleep about you
'cause you're a dickhead true
See your mate over there in the corner
He's a dickhead too like you, dickhead

😂
And here you are at almost 1am 😆
Re: Can Spirit Be Destroy? by NNTR: 1:47am On Nov 19, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS1gpWb2pEE

Re: Can Spirit Be Destroy? by Maynman: 1:54am On Nov 19, 2023
NNTR:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS1gpWb2pEE

😂
Re: Can Spirit Be Destroy? by NNTR: 2:13am On Nov 19, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32PL8ZsqtdE

Re: Can Spirit Be Destroy? by Dustbinbint(m): 7:03am On Nov 19, 2023
NNTR:

1 Corinthians 4:6
And these things, brethren, I have in a figure transferred to myself and to Apollos for your sakes;
that ye might learn in us not to think of men above that which is written,
that no one of you be puffed up for one against another.

O, oh, so you're one to twist and incorrectly quote bible abi?
Since, you're so quick in flinging out 1 Corinthians 4:, why not tell what its parent verses are (i.e. put the devil to shame by displaying the letter and ethos of 2 Timothy 2:15)

https://www.bible.com/bible/111/1CO.4.6.NIV

Now, brothers and sisters, I have applied these things to myself and Apollos for your benefit, so that you may learn from us the meaning of the saying, “Do not go beyond what is written.” Then you will not be puffed up in being a follower of one of us over against the other.
—1 Corinthians 4:6; NIV

This should speak for itself, shouldn't it? Evidence shows that the original King James Version had many grave errors, and that called for a revision of that translation. In fact, 1 Corinthians 4:6 in the new King James version reads thus:

Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other. https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1%20Corinthians%204%3A6&version=NKJV

It is an easy thing to know the true meaning of these verses. Here's one:

https://www.bibleref.com/1-Corinthians/4/1-Corinthians-4-6.html#:~:text=No%20other%20source%20is%20as%20authoritative%20as%20the%20Bible%2C%20since%20it%27s%20the%20unchanging%20message%20of%20God%20accessible%20to%20all%20people.%20Feelings%2C%20opinions%2C%20spiritual%20experiences%2C%20philosophical%20arguments%2C%20and%20human%20traditions%20cannot%20outweigh%20the%20Word%20of%20God.%20That%20which%20is%20not%20biblical%20is%20not%20true%2C%20period

Inward questionings might continue until you're six feet under, but now I'm speaking of doubts, i.e, being fully certain within yourself that what you believe is the truth when measured against the Scriptures.
But it's alright; I won't speak disparagingly either of you or of your sincerely held beliefs. I just don't believe same. Period.
Re: Can Spirit Be Destroy? by NNTR: 8:34am On Nov 19, 2023
Dustbinbint:
h ttps://www.bible.com/bible/111/1CO.4.6.NIV

Now, brothers and sisters, I have applied these things to myself and Apollos for your benefit, so that you may learn from us the meaning of the saying, “Do not go beyond what is written.” Then you will not be puffed up in being a follower of one of us over against the other.
—1 Corinthians 4:6; NIV

This should speak for itself, shouldn't it? Evidence shows that the original King James Version had many grave errors, and that called for a revision of that translation. In fact, 1 Corinthians 4:6 in the new King James version reads thus:

Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other. h ttps://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1%20Corinthians%204%3A6&version=NKJV

It is an easy thing to know the true meaning of these verses. Here's one:

h ttps://www.bibleref.com/1-Corinthians/4/1-Corinthians-4-6.html#:~:text=No%20other%20source%20is%20as%20authoritative%20as%20the%20Bible%2C%20since%20it%27s%20the%20unchanging%20message%20of%20God%20accessible%20to%20all%20people.%20Feelings%2C%20opinions%2C%20spiritual%20experiences%2C%20philosophical%20arguments%2C%20and%20human%20traditions%20cannot%20outweigh%20the%20Word%20of%20God.%20That%20which%20is%20not%20biblical%20is%20not%20true%2C%20period
2 Corinthians 13:1
This is the third time I am coming to you.
At the mouth of two witnesses or three shall every word be established.

Its this easy to stumble, whenever the bible is quoted out of context and especially worse when quoted in isolation.

You are trying so hard to make a case, built and staged on just one bible verse, and feebly doing so, without fully understanding, appreciating and working out the contextual meaning of the composition of the verse (i.e. 1 Corinthians 4:6)

You're found wanting, when, I asked you of a witness verse (i.e. refer to: Since, you're so quick in flinging out 1 Corinthians 4:, why not tell what its parent verses are)

1 Corinthians 4:6 is an offshoot of what OT verse?

Dustbinbint:
Inward questionings might continue until you're six feet under,
Whilst still having the opportunity being alive, keep questions going until reach a void, then move on to the next question

Dustbinbint:
but now I'm speaking of doubts, i.e, being fully certain within yourself that what you believe is the truth when measured against the Scriptures.
Its simple beloved Dustbinbint. All I've so far been doing, is laying straight sticks along each and every crooked or twisted stick you've placed on the ground.

I dont have to proselytise, nor say anything other than just , one after another, systematically lay straight sticks down. Now, a poster like you cant possibly call a stick crooked, unless you have proof idea of straight stick(s) to confidently and publicly share

Dustbinbint:
But it's alright; I won't speak disparagingly either of you or of your sincerely held beliefs. I just don't believe same. Period.
You have no idea what my beliefs are
Kk, what specifically are the beliefs that you dont believe in?
Humour me please, tell you, in a way that is clear and precise, what you believe.

Re: Can Spirit Be Destroy? by Dustbinbint(m): 9:08am On Nov 19, 2023
NNTR:
2 Corinthians 13:1
This is the third time I am coming to you.
At the mouth of two witnesses or three shall every word be established.

Its this easy to stumble, whenever the bible is quoted out of context and especially worse when quoted in isolation.

You are trying so hard to make a case, built and staged on just one bible verse, and feebly doing so, without fully understanding, appreciating and working out the contextual meaning of the composition of the verse (i.e. 1 Corinthians 4:6)

You're found wanting, when, I asked you of a witness verse (i.e. refer to: Since, you're so quick in flinging out 1 Corinthians 4:, why not tell what its parent verses are)

1 Corinthians 4:6 is an offshoot of what OT verse?

Whilst still having the opportunity being alive, keep questions going until reach a void, then move on to the next question

Its simple beloved Dustbinbint. All I've so far been doing, is laying straight sticks along each and every crooked or twisted stick you've placed on the ground.

I dont have to proselytise, nor say anything other than just , one after another, systematically lay straight sticks down. Now, a poster like you cant possibly call a stick crooked, unless you have proof idea of straight stick(s) to confidently and publicly share

You have no idea what my beliefs are
Kk, what specifically are the beliefs that you dont believe in?
Humour me please, tell you, in a way that is clear and precise, what you believe.

At the mouth of two or three, eh? Well, let me see: Two other witnesses would be Moses (Deuteronomy 4:2) and Agur (Proverbs 30:5, 6).

I don't believe as you do that holy spirit guides us in matters where the Bible stays silent. The Bible stays silent only on things the God doesn't want to reveal, and if He doesn't want to reveal it neither will his spirit reveal it. (Deuteronomy 29:29)
I don't believe as you do that the Pre-Christian Scriptures is ‘for the understanding of children.’ (Romans 15:4)

When I say I won't speak disparagingly of your beliefs, I mean such in the context of this discussion—although the same is true in any discussion I have with anyone.

As for 1 Corinthians 4:6, the rule implies that God’s servants are not to teach anything that goes beyond the laws and principles expressed in God’s inspired Word. For example, Christians should not go beyond the limits that the Scriptures set regarding how to view themselves and others. The Corinthians had fallen into the trap of boasting in certain men, maybe Apollos and even Paul. They favored one person over the other and were creating disunity. But earlier in the same letter, Paul quoted where it was written that the one who boasts should boast in God, and he later added that no one should boast in men. (1 Corinthians 1:31; 3:21) Later, in verse 7 of 1 Corinthians 4, he also cautioned them against boasting in themselves.
As stewards of God's mysteries, Christians are given talents and abilities by God to build up the congregation, (1 Corinthians 4:1, 2) and it stands to reason that everyone won't be given the same talents and abilities. Really, there was no reason then for the Corinthians to boast either in themselves, in one another, or in someone else. And keeping in mind “the things that are written” would help them to avoid this danger.

Do you understand the context some other way?
Re: Can Spirit Be Destroy? by NNTR: 9:19am On Nov 19, 2023
Dustbinbint:

At the mouth of two or three, eh? Well, let me see: Two other witnesses would be Moses (Deuteronomy 4:2) and Agur (Proverbs 30:5, 6).

I don't believe as you do that holy spirit guides us in matters where the Bible stays silent. The Bible stays silent only on things the God doesn't want to reveal, and if He doesn't want to reveal it neither will his spirit reveal it. (Deuteronomy 29:29)
I don't believe as you do that the “Old Testament” is—I've forgotten how you put it but it's something to the effect of ‘not fully accurate’ or sth like that. (Romans 15:4)

When I say I won't speak disparagingly of your beliefs, I mean such in the context of this discussion—although the same is true in any discussion I have with anyone.

As for 1 Corinthians 4:6, the rule implies that God’s servants are not to teach anything that goes beyond the laws and principles expressed in God’s inspired Word. For example, Christians should not go beyond the limits that the Scriptures set regarding how to view themselves and others. The Corinthians had fallen into the trap of boasting in certain men, maybe Apollos and even Paul. They favored one person over the other and were creating disunity. But earlier in the same letter, Paul quoted where it was written that the one who boasts should boast in God, and he later added that no one should boast in men. (1 Corinthians 1:31; 3:21) Later, in verse 7 of 1 Corinthians 4, he also cautioned them against boasting in themselves.
As stewards of God's mysteries, Christians are given talents and abilities by God to build up the congregation, (1 Corinthians 4:1, 2) and it stands to reason that everyone won't be given the same talents and abilities. Really, there was no reason then for the Corinthians to boast either in themselves, in one another, or in someone else. And keeping in mind “the things that are written” would help them to avoid this danger.

Do you understand the context some other way?
Have you any idea of what the inexhaustible function of the Holy Spirit aka Spirit of Truth is?

You are still doing wuruwuru to the answer

Apostle Paul, was not thinking nor referring to Deuteronomy 4:2, Proverbs 30:5, 6, Deuteronomy 29:29 or Romans 15:4, when he penned 1 Corinthians 4:6

You keep on betraying the fact that you dont understand at where in OT, Apostle Paul was coming from when he penned 1 Corinthians 4:6

Re: Can Spirit Be Destroy? by Dustbinbint(m): 9:25am On Nov 19, 2023
NNTR:
Have you any idea of what the inexhaustible function of the Holy Spirit aka Spirit of Truth is?

You are still doing wuruwuru to the answer

Apostle Paul, was not thinking nor referring to Deuteronomy 4:2, Proverbs 30:5, 6, Deuteronomy 29:29 or Romans 15:4, when he penned 1 Corinthians 4:6

You keep on betraying the fact that you dont understand at where in OT, Apostle Paul was coming from when he penned 1 Corinthians 4:6

In addition, it appears that rather than be a direct quote from the Pre-Christian Scriptures, 1 Corinthians 4:6 may have been the general thrust of the Pre-Christian Scriptures urges us to modestly do as the word of God says, no more and no less. Paul was paraphrasing for the context of that discussion. We find such paraphrasing of the SENSE of the Scriptures many times in the Christian Scriptures. For example, James 4:5. Ephesians 5:14 may have been a common saying among the early Christians which reflected a true understanding of the effects of the teachings of Jesus, although it too was not a direct quotation from the Scriptures.

Finally, I told you the context of 1 Corinthians 4:6, but you refuse to see it.
Don't worry, someone else will show it plainly to you.
Re: Can Spirit Be Destroy? by NNTR: 9:39am On Nov 19, 2023
Dustbinbint:
I told you the context of 1 Corinthians 4:6, but you refuse to see it.
Don't worry, someone else will show it plainly to you.
Proverbs 25:2
It is the glory of God to conceal a matter,
But the glory of kings is to search out a matter.

2 Timothy 2:15
'Study and do your best to present yourself to God approved,
a workman [tested by trial] who has no reason to be ashamed,
accurately handling and skillfully teaching the word of truth.'

I've no apologia, especially if 2 Timothy 2:15 advices us, to do our best to present ourselves to God as one approved, as workers who does not need to be ashamed and who rightly divides the word of truth, correctly handles the word of truth, who properly makes known the word of truth without deviation

You apparently arent familiar with Apostle Paul's writing style and contructs

Bear with me, as I am running late going out, responding to your post(s)
When I return (i.e. likely 2 hours time) I'll lay down the straight stick besides the crooked ones you have put down

Re: Can Spirit Be Destroy? by Dustbinbint(m): 1:33pm On Nov 19, 2023
NNTR:
Proverbs 25:2
It is the glory of God to conceal a matter,
But the glory of kings is to search out a matter.

2 Timothy 2:15
'Study and do your best to present yourself to God approved,
a workman [tested by trial] who has no reason to be ashamed,
accurately handling and skillfully teaching the word of truth.'

I've no apologia, especially if 2 Timothy 2:15 advices us, to do our best to present ourselves to God as one approved, as workers who does not need to be ashamed and who rightly divides the word of truth, correctly handles the word of truth, who properly makes known the word of truth without deviation

You apparently arent familiar with Apostle Paul's writing style and contructs

Bear with me, as I am running late going out, responding to your post(s)
When I return (i.e. likely 2 hours time) I'll lay down the straight stick besides the crooked ones you have put down

I'm have nothing else to say. To each his own.
We are all entitled to our beliefs just as we all make our own choices and decisions, and face the rewards and consequences of such individually.
Re: Can Spirit Be Destroy? by NNTR: 2:28pm On Nov 19, 2023
Dustbinbint:
I'm have nothing else to say.
Why arent I surprised that you have nothing else to say

Dustbinbint:
To each his own.
Is nothing other than a run down and over used cliché. Using it, again betrays a lack of originality

Dustbinbint:
We are all entitled to our beliefs just as we all make our own choices and decisions, and face the rewards and consequences of such individually.
Philippians 3:5
I was circumcised when I was eight days old.
I am a pure-blooded citizen of Israel
and a member of the tribe of Benjamin
—a real Hebrew if there ever was one!
I was a member of the Pharisees,
who demand the strictest obedience to the Jewish law

Do not feel entitled to beliefs, you havent a Scooby Do understanding of

Everyone is entitled to spurt out opinions willy nilly, but not entitled to facts

Kk, lets put the rubber to the road, and test to see a few of what you believe
1. Do you believe that man is made tripartite?
2. Do you believe that every good gift comes from YHWH aka Yahweh or Jehovah?
3. Do you believe that it is your soul (i.e. you), not your body or your spirit (i.e. ruach, the living or life force aka wind pka breath of God) who will on Judgment Day, face and give account of all your thoughts, deeds, words, actions before the Judge?
4. Which out of you (i.e. your soul), body (i.e. your flesh) and spirit (i.e. your living or life force) gets destroyed in the Lake of Fire?
5. Do you agree, accept and believe that extra-terrestrial beings (e.g. spirits aka hosts of heaven, demons aka fallen angels) do not possess souls? (i.e. Acts 2:41)

Apostle Paul from being a reformed Pharisee (i.e. Philippians 3:5 above) was fully conversant with the Torah, hence at any slightest opportunity, always, will sprinkle his letters with reference back ups he knew way back from the OT and so 1 Corinthians 4:6 is not spared this Apostle Paul's idiosyncrasy

Now, it is with the backdrop of Deuteronomy 17:18-20 in mind that he dictated and/or wrote 1 Corinthians 4:6. What you fail to know, recognise and understand, is that he essentially was amplifying the rule of humility and modesty principle, written in Deuteronomy 17:18-20. Capisce now?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Welcome / Islamists Stone Adulterer To Death In Somalia / Position Of Jesus (pbuh) In Islam:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.