Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,710 members, 7,813,346 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:05 AM

Can Spirit Be Destroy? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Spirit Be Destroy? (555 Views)

Could My Father's Spirit Be Residing In Me? / In This Covid19 Pandemic Let Your Spirit Be Rekindled By God / Can A Dead Man's Spirit Be Truly Consulted By The Living? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Spirit Be Destroy? by Weretuntun: 6:07pm On Nov 17, 2023
honestly,i am tired of mediatating most the words of god that seem incomprehensible,
1.is that can a spirit be destroyed,
2.if spirit mutiply,that contradict the judgement day.
Re: Can Spirit Be Destroy? by Kobojunkie: 6:10pm On Nov 17, 2023
Weretuntun:
■ honestly,i am tired of mediatating most the words of god that seem incomprehensible,
1.is that can a spirit be destroyed,
2.if spirit mutiply,that contradict the judgement day
None of what you said here makes scriptural sense though. undecided

1. What is this "meditating" you say you do? Where in the Gospels did Jesus Christ send anyone to engage in any such ritual? undecided

2. Why in the world are you even considering the destruction of spirits? What "spirit" are you asking of? undecided

3. Spirit multiply? How? undecided

These ideas you hold to are foreign to scripture, so are you attempting to get help with this from a Babalawo on this issue or what? undecided
Re: Can Spirit Be Destroy? by iammo(m): 6:17pm On Nov 17, 2023
Each and every chapter and verse in the bible was written by different people
Re: Can Spirit Be Destroy? by Kobojunkie: 6:18pm On Nov 17, 2023
iammo:
Interesting claim! undecided
Re: Can Spirit Be Destroy? by Weretuntun: 6:23pm On Nov 17, 2023
Kobojunkie:

1. What is this "meditating" you say you do? Where in the Gospels did Jesus Christ send anyone to engage in any such ritual? undecided

2. Why in the world are you even considering the destruction of spirits? What "spirit" are you asking of? undecided

These ideas you hold to are foreign to scripture, so are you attempting to get help with this from a Babalawo on this issue or what? undecided
THe destruction i am talking about is the god that create spirit that rebel against god,that god said he cannot terminate them but only punish them and fallen down to earth to lead humanity astray.
about mutiplication of spirit,is god created only two ppl,but look at populotion today.we are over billions.
Re: Can Spirit Be Destroy? by iammo(m): 6:26pm On Nov 17, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Interesting claim! undecided

Atleast 40 people wrote different chapter of the bible before

Constantine only compiled it

While slave masters, colonial masters used it as missionary on our ancestors only to control us

1 Like

Re: Can Spirit Be Destroy? by Kobojunkie: 6:27pm On Nov 17, 2023
iammo:
■ Atleast 40 people wrote different chapter of the bible before. Constantine only compiled it. While slave masters, colonial masters used it as missionary on our ancestors only to control us
And? undecided
Re: Can Spirit Be Destroy? by Bestbrain123(m): 7:51pm On Nov 17, 2023
The major thing people should channel there energy to.. Is building and preparing there mind for freedom to reason, purely out of any religious doctrine or nonsensical teachings that is unscientic .
Re: Can Spirit Be Destroy? by NNTR: 9:14pm On Nov 17, 2023
NNTR:
... taking into consideration the fact that man is tripartite, is made up with, a soul, spirit and body, as created by the Maker, God.

Unlike the body, that is physical, the soul and spirit, are not physical. The soul and spirit constitute an immaterial part of a whole person or being, whether human or animal.

Now dwelling further on man, the soul, is the animate life, and actually, is that humanity side of man, the seat, where our emotions, senses, desires, affections, appetites, character etc all emanates out from.

In fact, the word, soul, even is used to refer to the whole person, whether alive on earth (i.e. land of the living) and/or after dead and transited in the afterlife (i.e. land of dead)

Wrapping up, the soul is the essence of what a human being is. The soul,is you, it is who you are. No surprises then, that, it is the soul that faces judgment, not the spirit and neither, not the body that stands before God, to give account for all the thoughts, deeds, words and actions did while the soul and spirit were housed in the body.

Focusing on the spirit, the spirit actually and appropriately, is ruach, otherwise known as, the breath of God, and in reality, also known as, life force. Now, at this juncture, it is necessary, to note that, though humans and animals have spirit, (i.e. ruach, otherwise known as, the breath of God, and in reality, also known as, life force) they however are not spirits nor Spirit (i.e. God)

The spirit (i.e. ruach, otherwise known as, the breath of God, and in reality, also known as, life force) in relation to humans, is the element in humanity that gives us the ability to have, not just only a connection with God, but also used to form an intimate relationship with God through it. Essentially, meaning that, part of what the spirit is used for, is to connect to God with, who Himself is Spirit, the Life-force, and giver of ruach, otherwise known as, the wind or breath of God

When the soul is the seat, where our emotions, senses, desires, affections, appetites, character etc all emanates out from, Proverbs 20:27, lets us know that, the spirit of man (i.e. talking of conscience here, and where as it happens, conscience, is one of the faculties of the spirit), is the lamp of the LORD, searching and examining all the innermost parts of his being, while 1 Corinthians 2:11, complementing, says, no one can know a person’s thoughts except that person’s own spirit, and no one can know God’s thoughts except God’s own Spirit. You see, the spirit, doubles up also as a witness. It knows everything about the person, and this because of the 'record' it logs

While the soul has four faculties, which namely are: Consciousness, Intellect, Will and Emotions, now, as for the spirit, aside Conscience, the other faculties of the spirit, are Fellowship and Discernment or Intuition. It is when man’s spirit successfully connects to or connects with the Spirit, that it is becomes capable of knowing things of the Spirit (i.e. God). While the soul, is the humanity side of man, the seat, where our emotions, senses, desires, affections, appetites, character etc all emanates out from, even giving us a purpose and/or sense of life, the spirit, on the other hand, is the temple throne seat of God in man, it not only is, the nourisher of soul, but it also gives us a power of life, from tuning into the God frequency channel or station and receiving transmitted spiritual signals thereof. Somebody, shout, Alleluia.

Physical pain, can with medicine, be made less severe, but mental pain (e.g. sorrow, grief, torment, despair, anguish, depression, dementia etc) is less accessible to treatment. Why is this? It's because of being connected to who we are - our personality, our character, our soul. Try and connect the dots, in the the parable of Lazarus and the dead rich man

Yes, the soul and the spirit are connected, yet we know, courtesy of Hebrews 4:12, that, they are able to be separated and are treated separately

In summary, the spirit, is the spark of light, the living or life force in the body, while the soul is kind of interface between spirit and body

The body dies (i.e. physically), it is because the spirit (i.e. life or living force) has expired, so the spirit stops existing in the body, from leaving the body and returning back to God, while the soul leaves the body, and moves on to a waiting area, pending the Judgment Day and verdict of where the last destination of the soul, will be. The body, after the exit of the spirit, experiences physical death, disintegrates, to end up, returning back, to being dust.

1 Timothy 6:16
He alone can never die,
and He lives in light so brilliant that no human can approach Him.
No human eye has ever seen Him, nor ever will.
All honor and power to Him forever! Amen.

Aside from, the underlined telling, in Deuteronomy 4:15, John 4:24 and Exodus 33:201 above, we also see in Timothy 6:16, that apart from God, alone possessing or having immortality (i.e. absolute exemption from death), we see that because of the fact that He lives in unapproachable light, no human being has ever seen or can see Him.

Now, if no one has seen God, nor can see God, then how possibly can God be seen, if at all, He can be physically seen then? Well, the only way to answer this seemingly confusing question and difficult problem is, by giving an answer that goes like this: the only way to physically see God, is through Jesus, who is God Incarnate, meaning God in human flesh, God personified, so meaning that, God presents Himself available to be seen, the way that Jesus in physical appearance looks

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.

Weretuntun:
honestly,i am tired of mediatating most the words of god that seem incomprehensible,
1.is that can a spirit be destroyed
Unlike the soul, the spirit, aka ruach, aka breath of God (i.e. lifeforce) cannot be destroyed, because, from simply being a part of God, (i.e. from emanating from God) is indestructible.

Though the spirit cant be destroyed, does upon expiration in the body, change from its body place of residence to another place (i.e. returns back to its owner, that being, God)

Weretuntun:
2. If spirit mutiply, that contradict the judgement day.
On judgment day, its you (i.e. soul) that will on Judgement Day, give account of every deed, thought, word, speech, writing, action et cetera you did whilst in the body on earth

Re: Can Spirit Be Destroy? by Dustbinbint(m): 1:14pm On Nov 18, 2023
Weretuntun:
THe destruction i am talking about is the god that create spirit that rebel against god,that god said he cannot terminate them but only punish them and fallen down to earth to lead humanity astray.
about mutiplication of spirit,is god created only two ppl,but look at populotion today.we are over billions.

No. The God of the Bible very well intends to destroy the wicked spirits.
Mark 1:24; KJV
Saying, Let us alone; what have we to do with thee, thou Jesus of Nazareth? art thou come to DESTROY us? I know thee who thou art, the Holy One of God.

see Hebrews 2:14; KJV
Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might DESTROY him that had the power of death, that is, the devil.
Re: Can Spirit Be Destroy? by NNTR: 1:23pm On Nov 18, 2023
Dustbinbint:

Saying, Let us alone; what have we to do with thee, thou Jesus of Nazareth?
art thou come to DESTROY us?
I know thee who thou art, the Holy One of God.

Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood,
he also himself likewise took part of the same;
that through death he might DESTROY him that had the power of death,
that is, the devil.
Revelation 20:14
Then death and Hades [the realm of the dead] were thrown into the lake of fire.
This is the second death, the lake of fire [the eternal separation from God].

Wicked spirits (i.e. disembodied wicked spirits, aka, wicked extra terrestrial spirits pka demons or fallen angels) will be cast into the Lake of Fire.

Any soul (i.e. human being) whose name is not found written in the book of life will end up in the Lake of Fire to be destroyed along with sin, hades and death

Re: Can Spirit Be Destroy? by Dustbinbint(m): 1:34pm On Nov 18, 2023
NNTR:
Wicked spirits (i.e. disembodied wicked spirits, aka, wicked extra terrestrial spirits pka demons or fallen angels) will be cast into the Lake of Fire.

Any soul (i.e. human being) whose name is not found written in the book of life will end up in the Lake of Fire to be destroyed along with sin and death

Of course. But in view of what Hebrews 2:14 says, that Jesus will destroy the wicked spirits, (according to Mark 1:24, they themselves are aware that their end is destruction) the lake of fire must b understood to be symbolic of irreversible destruction. That's why death and grave will be thrown into it. If it were literal, it wouldn't make sense for abstract realities like death and grave to be cast into this fiery lake.
The verse itself explains it's symbolism by saying it means the second death, much like congregations are compared to lampstands @ Revelation 1:20, but no one insists that literal lampstands are meant, nor does anyone insist that the two witnesses in Revelation 11:3, 4 are two literal olive trees.
If we understand the symbolic nature of these verses, we also should understand the symbolic nature of the verse which plainly tells us that it means “the second death.”

Keep in mind too that Revelation 21:4 says about death that it will be no more, i.e, it will cease to exist. 2 Thessalonians 1:8 says that the wicked receive “everlasting destruction” as their portion, so like Hebrews 2:14, it plainly says without symbolisms what the end of the wicked will be.
Re: Can Spirit Be Destroy? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:29pm On Nov 18, 2023
Of course spirits can be destroyed but first they must be fully convicted before their death that's why the Bible said about dead Jesus:

"For Christ died once for all time for sins, a righteous person for unrighteous ones, in order to lead you to God. He was put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit. And in this state he went and preached to the spirits in prison" 1Peter 3:18-19

Jesus was a powerful spirit in heaven before his earthly mission so if he could be dead for days then God has the power to transform the life of all rebellious spirits into that which is liable to die in fact those rebellious angels are now worried knowing fully well that they are destructible but how?
They need to know through the mouth of Jesus' disciples to whom God will reveal most secrets! 1Peter 1:12
Re: Can Spirit Be Destroy? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:44pm On Nov 18, 2023
Weretuntun:
1.is that can a spirit be destroyed,...y.

Yes it can.

Destroyable at the instance of its Creator, even if it's God has made it indestructible by any other thing or person.

But it can always be destroyed by its Creator.

That is what it means to be a Creator.
Re: Can Spirit Be Destroy? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:47pm On Nov 18, 2023
Weretuntun:

Where did He say that He cannot terminate them?
Re: Can Spirit Be Destroy? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:52pm On Nov 18, 2023
Bestbrain123:
The major thing people should channel there energy to.. Is building and preparing there mind for freedom to reason, purely out of any religious doctrine or nonsensical teachings that is unscientic .

You said freedom to reason which includes religious reasoning yet you direct the use of the freedom of reasoning to the slavery of scientific reasoning and nonsensical teachings?

Clearly shows how bad and in slaving science reasoning is.
Re: Can Spirit Be Destroy? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:52pm On Nov 18, 2023
Dustbinbint:

Saying, Let us alone; what have we to do with thee, thou Jesus of Nazareth? art thou come to DESTROY us? I know thee who thou art, the Holy One of God.

Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might DESTROY him that had the power of death, that is, the devil.

Perfect Goal!
Re: Can Spirit Be Destroy? by NNTR: 4:42pm On Nov 18, 2023
Dustbinbint:
Of course. But in view of what Hebrews 2:14 says, that Jesus will destroy the wicked spirits, (according to Mark 1:24, they themselves are aware that their end is destruction) the lake of fire must b understood to be symbolic of irreversible destruction.
Mark 1:23-27
23Suddenly a man with an evil spirit in him entered the synagogue and yelled,
24“Jesus from Nazareth, what do you want with us?
Have you come to destroy us? I know who you are!
You are God's Holy One.”
25Jesus told the evil spirit,
“Be quiet and come out of the man!”
26The spirit shook him. Then it gave a loud shout and left.
27Everyone was completely surprised and kept saying to each other,
“What is this? It must be some new kind of powerful teaching!
Even the evil spirits obey Him.

Not just only a matter of irreversible destruction, but also a case of wicked spirits (i.e. disembodied wicked spirits, aka, wicked extra terrestrial spirits pka demons or fallen angels) as well as souls (i.e. human beings) will experience an annihilation coupled with an ever deepening sense of eternal separation, disconnection and arrested disfellowshipped from God

Dustbinbint:
That's why death and grave will be thrown into it. If it were literal, it wouldn't make sense for abstract realities like death and grave to be cast into this fiery lake.
The verse itself explains it's symbolism by saying it means the second death, much like congregations are compared to lampstands @ Revelation 1:20, but no one insists that literal lampstands are meant, nor does anyone insist that the two witnesses in Revelation 11:3, 4 are two literal olive trees.
If we understand the symbolic nature of these verses, we also should understand the symbolic nature of the verse which plainly tells us that it means “the second death.”

Keep in mind too that Revelation 21:4 says about death that it will be no more, i.e, it will cease to exist. 2 Thessalonians 1:8 says that the wicked receive “everlasting destruction” as their portion, so like Hebrews 2:14, it plainly says without symbolisms what the end of the wicked will be.
Wicked is relative, depending whether used in relation to souls or used in relation to spirits (i.e. disembodied wicked spirits, aka, wicked extra terrestrial spirits pka demons or fallen angels), nevertheless both souls and demons (i.e. humans and fallen angels) will face considerable and unequivocable destruction

Death and grave, by then would have already largely outlived their usefulness, so the reason why they will be gotten rid of the Lake of Fire. The destroying act should be taken both literally and symbolically

Re: Can Spirit Be Destroy? by Dustbinbint(m): 5:22pm On Nov 18, 2023
NNTR:
Mark 1:23-27

The destroying act should be taken both literally and symbolically

I don't agree with that. Fire causes irreversible destruction. So, for that reason, it is used as a symbol of irreversible destruction. But destruction itself has a very literal sense. See what Romans 16:20 says about Satan's eventuality: he will be completely crushed, violently put out of existence.

The ‘eternal separation from God’ theory is not something that the Bible teaches at all.
The scriptures that plainly explain death are Job 14:10-12 and Ecclesiastes 9:5, 6, and it is quite clear from them that death is an indefinite sleep state where one enters into complete unawareness, nonexistence, unconsciousness.
And unless God chooses to awaken them at some point in time, they will remain that way.
Re: Can Spirit Be Destroy? by NOETHNICITY(m): 5:24pm On Nov 18, 2023
iammo:
And who are those people?
Re: Can Spirit Be Destroy? by Kobojunkie: 5:28pm On Nov 18, 2023
Weretuntun:
■ about mutiplication of spirit,is god created only two ppl,but look at populotion today.we are over billions.
What is the name of that particular god you keep referring since what you continue to describe does not come close to what is written in scripture? undecided

2. I need you to identify the particular god we are to discuss here so I can brush up on the text on him. The multiplication of spirits by way of human population growth is not of Scripture hence has nothing to do with God of Scripture. undecided
Re: Can Spirit Be Destroy? by Weretuntun: 8:03pm On Nov 18, 2023
Kobojunkie:
What is the name of that particular god you keep referring since what you continue to describe does not come close to what is written in scripture? undecided

2. I need you to identify the particular god we are to discuss here so I can brush up on the text on him. The multiplication of spirits by way of human population growth is not of Scripture hence has nothing to do with God of Scripture. undecided
A GOD That create the universe.saying that a spirit can not fully destroyed,but can be punished and later be hijacked by devil, if spirit can be destroy,why devil and fallen angel.still strong enough to stage coup against him.
If spirit didnot multiply that means only adam will account for what billion ppl do.
Re: Can Spirit Be Destroy? by tctrills: 8:04pm On Nov 18, 2023
Kobojunkie:

He only asked very important questions and asking questions is not foreign to scripture.
Also, it's clear that you do not know the meaning of meditation.
Here is a simple dictionary meaning of the word.
The act of giving your attention to only one thing.
Now is this practice discouraged by the bible?
No infact, the bible encourages meditation.
Matthew 6:22
if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.
Re: Can Spirit Be Destroy? by Kobojunkie: 8:05pm On Nov 18, 2023
Weretuntun:
A GOD That create the universe.saying that a spirit can not fully destroyed, but can be punished and later be hijacked by devil, if spirit can be destroy,why devil and fallen angel.still strong enough to stage coup against him.
If spirit didnot multiply that means only adam will account for what billion ppl do.
Which God or deity do you keep referring to? OR better still, who fed you these stories you cling to? At least let's start from there. undecided

There are over 4000 deities out there, so you need to be specific. I am 100% certain that the God you describe is not the God of Scripture, and what you describe does not sound much like the Allah of the Muslims, nor Zeus of the greeks. So you need to be more specific about the deity you seem to have a problem with. undecided
Re: Can Spirit Be Destroy? by tctrills: 8:07pm On Nov 18, 2023
Weretuntun:
A GOD That create the universe.saying that a spirit can not fully destroyed,but can be punished and later be hijacked by devil, if spirit can be destroy,why devil and fallen angel.still strong enough to stage coup against him.
If spirits don't multiply, how did God have a Son. Jesus Christ is begotten of the Father. And he is not the only spirit child of the Father.
Re: Can Spirit Be Destroy? by NNTR: 8:56pm On Nov 18, 2023
Dustbinbint:
I don't agree with that.
What specifically dont you agree to?

After your death, one will be what one was before one's birth (i.e. a soul, as opposed being a spirit)

Now, the combustion in the Lake of Fire, just like the incinerator refuse dump, Gehenna, a place where corpses of criminals, dead animals and all manners of wastes, refuse et cetera were thrown to be destroyed in ancient Jerusalem and its smouldering, that, to the Israelites, literally goes on forever.

Might interest you to know that, death, hell and souls dont continue burning after already being done combusted. No souls, registers pain forever, no soul registers pain, after combustion is done. The destruction however, is for a future time, its always (i.e. or coining your earlier phrase, suffer an irreversible destruction)

Ephesians 4:18
for their [moral] understanding is darkened and their reasoning is clouded;
[they are] alienated and self-banished from the life of God [with no share in it; this is]
because of the [willful] ignorance and spiritual blindness that is [deep-seated] within them,
because of the hardness and insensitivity of their heart

Cycling back, death, depending on what the perspective is, essentially can equate to any, if not all, of the below:
1a. Death is separation (i.e. Fundamentally, anyone without a meaningful relationship with God, and accepting Jesus as His Lord and Saviour is spiritually dead, from being spiritually disconnected from God) Death, essentially can end a life, and even relationship
1b. Death resembles sleep, from the fact that, the realm of the dead is completely inactive, inoperative and oblivious to current events in the land of the living
2. Death can be spiritua. a soul)lly induced and happen pdq immediately (e.g. eat off, the fruit of Tree of Knowledge of Good & Evil (i.e.ToKGE)
3. Death can be physically induced and happen in the future or in the fullness of time (e.g. Adam, physically died, after living 910 years on earth)
4. Death is not a punishment, but is a law and painful truth

Dustbinbint:
Fire causes irreversible destruction. So, for that reason, it is used as a symbol of irreversible destruction. But destruction itself has a very literal sense.
Destruction can be both symbolical and literal

Dustbinbint:
See what Romans 16:20 says about Satan's eventuality: he will be completely crushed, violently put out of existence.
Romans 16:20
The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet.
The [wonderful] grace of our Lord Jesus be with you.

If you want to dwell on Satan, who, incidentally, as it happens, is a disembodied wicked spirit, aka, wicked extra terrestrial spirit pka devil, a fallen star or angel, then is Romans 16:20 speaking both literally and symbolically, at all, about Satan's clearly stated defined end of the line destination and inevitable foredoom? Hmm?

Dustbinbint:
The ‘eternal separation from God’ theory is not something that the Bible teaches at all.
John 16:13
“But whenever The Spirit of The Truth comes,
He will lead you into the whole truth
for He will not speak of His own will,
but He shall speak whatever He shall hear
and He shall reveal the future to you.”

John 14:26
But the Helper (Comforter, Advocate, Intercessor—Counselor, Strengthener, Standby),
the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name
[in My place, to represent Me and act on My behalf],
He will teach you all things.
And He will help you remember everything that I have told you

The Spirit of truth, aka Holy Spirit, is a game changer, as He effects, a significant shift in current way(s) of doing or thinking about something, read or known about from the Bible.

The Spirit of truth, leads one, into the whole truth. Will guide you into all the truth (i.e. full and complete truth) Where the bible is silent, or ends at a subject matter, the Spirit of truth, with measured tread(s), marches on, teaching and revealing to us (i.e. meaning, you and us) ALL things.

Dustbinbint:
The scriptures that plainly explain death are Job 14:10-12 and Ecclesiastes 9:5, 6, and it is quite clear from them that death is an indefinite sleep state where one enters into complete unawareness, nonexistence, unconsciousness.

And unless God chooses to awaken them at some point in time, they will remain that way.
Beloved Dustbinbint, Job 14:10-12 and Ecclesiastes 9:5, 6 simply are classic cases of when I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things

Its like when being in kindergarten or pre school, one is taught that the smallest number is , and believing so post kindergarten.

For all its worth, it would interest you, to know, that, it wasnt until Yahshua Ha Mashiach (i.e. God Saves Anointed One) aka Yahshua the Messiah, pka Jesus Christ', our Lord and Saviour of the whole wide world, that advanced illumination revealing further details, in the New Testament, about Sheol in general, was given.

We get to glean, from the parable of the rich man and Lazarus, given by Jesus, that there apparently is consciousness, awareness, conversations, thoughts in the mind occurring. et cetera in the land of the departed, who no longer live and operate in the land of the living, (i.e. there's life after death in the realm of the dead for the, gone to sleep or 'dead' souls)

Re: Can Spirit Be Destroy? by Dustbinbint(m): 10:21pm On Nov 18, 2023
NNTR:

We get to glean, from the parable of the rich man and Lazarus, given by Jesus, that there apparently is consciousness, awareness, conversations, thoughts in the mind occurring. et cetera in the land of the departed, who no longer live and operate in the land of the living, (i.e. there's life after death in the realm of the dead for the, gone to sleep or 'dead' souls)

You yourself called it a parable.

NNTR:

Where the bible is silent, or ends at a subject matter, the Spirit of truth, with measured tread(s), marches on, teaching and revealing to us (i.e. meaning, you and us) ALL things.

Does God's spirit really speak where the Bible is silent? Why then did 1 Corinthians 4:6 tell us to not go beyond what has been written?

I don't know, you seem firmly convinced from your end. It isn't my intention to proselytize. If what you believe makes perfect sense to your conscience as something that completely harmonizes with the Bible, and leaves you with no inward questionings,—
Re: Can Spirit Be Destroy? by Maynman: 10:39pm On Nov 18, 2023
Can wind be destroyed?
Re: Can Spirit Be Destroy? by NNTR: 10:53pm On Nov 18, 2023
Dustbinbint:
You yourself called it a parable.
1. What is your definition of a parable?
2. What is the reason for, purpose and objective(s) of giving a parable(s)?

Dustbinbint:
Does God's spirit really speak where the Bible is silent?
Easily yes.

Dustbinbint:
Why then did 1 Corinthians 4:6 tell us to not go beyond what has been written?
1 Corinthians 4:6
And these things, brethren, I have in a figure transferred to myself and to Apollos for your sakes;
that ye might learn in us not to think of men above that which is written,
that no one of you be puffed up for one against another.

O, oh, so you're one to twist and incorrectly quote bible abi?
Since, you're so quick in flinging out 1 Corinthians 4:, why not tell what its parent verses are (i.e. put the devil to shame by displaying the letter and ethos of 2 Timothy 2:15)

Dustbinbint:
I don't know, you seem firmly convinced from your end. It isn't my intention to proselytize.
Proselytise to what?

Dustbinbint:
If what you believe makes perfect sense to your conscience as something that completely harmonizes with the Bible, and leaves you with no inward questionings,—
What exactly have you felt that I believe?
Inward questionings, by the way, never ends until one is six feet under. It is how, I am, that I am.

Re: Can Spirit Be Destroy? by Maynman: 11:10pm On Nov 18, 2023
NNTR:
1. What is your definition of a parable?
2. What is the reason for, purpose and objective(s) of giving a parable(s)?
A parable is not to to be taken literally, don't be like the dumb disciples.
Matthew 16:5-12
Re: Can Spirit Be Destroy? by NNTR: 11:18pm On Nov 18, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tp6KExqs_3o

Re: Can Spirit Be Destroy? by Maynman: 11:22pm On Nov 18, 2023
NNTR:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tp6KExqs_3o

Have you read the book of Matthew, and you still hold this ridiculous view of parable 😂

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Ritual Of Sacrifice-the First Religion / ~ Rccg Meet Here ~ / "it Is Amazing!"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.